Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
565 Bellevue Square
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ruthschris.com/Steak-House/2223/Bellevue
- Phone: 4254511550
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Sunday 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Wichert
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ruth's Catering in Bellevue, WA - Bring the service, expertise and flavor of Ruth's Chris Steak House to the location of your choice! Your Private Event Manager is ready to help attend to every detail of your event, from the menu to the martinis. Ruth's will bring in a team of trained chefs, bartenders and servers to make the most of your experience.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Gracie Hunt 8775787163
A word from Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Bellevue, WA serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue - Best Restaurants in Bellevue ›
Ruth's Chris Steak House - Bellevue reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (23)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (18)good for groups (13)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great Steak & more!finedinerDined on 2/14/2014We had a lovely family dinner experience at Ruth's Chris Steak house, everything was outstanding! Everything was so good that I would find it difficult to suggest one particular item. The steaks were done to perfection served on piping hot plates. The lobster tails were fresh and perfectly cooked, served outside the shell. The Lobster Mac & Cheese was divine, no scrimping on lobster in that dish!! Warm & relaxing atmosphere, excellent service, we never felt rushed. Worth the $$ Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but..EastsideGuyDined on 2/1/2014Great dinner, but we were sat right next to the kitchen entrance. It was very busy and we felt as if people were stepping over us. A great place to go, just make sure you are specific about where you wish to sit.
- Great experienceseungyuDined on 1/29/2014Great restaurant with tasty food selections. Very nice for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAnastasiaDined on 12/28/2013My fiancé and I had the filet mignon meal, which included a starter, side, main course, and dessert. It was delicious. We dressed up because it was a special occasion for us, but many people were dressed casually. There were families, as well as other groups of adults. We were treated wonderfully and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday delightSpecialdineDined on 12/25/2013Good food attentive service. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013My family and I were looking forward to a really nice Christmas dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were informed that the meal advertised for the holiday was sold out. We ordered fillets and two of the four were cooked incorrectly. The side dishes were brought to the table luke warm. My sons broccoli was practically raw. I had made reservations for the holiday to avoid the stress of preparing a big meal, in retrospect, I would've saved the $400 I wasted on dinner and cooked for my family. We left the restaurant hungry. Very disappointing, especially considering my high expectations. The service however, was very good - unfortunately the food was not.
- Dined here on Christmas dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Dined here on Christmas day with my mother and the food was phenomenal! Additionally the waiter was exceptional and gave us the right amount of attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good...but room for improvement.dmc2Dined on 12/25/2013We had our Christmas dinner here. Our first impression was a waitress who came to our table minutes after we were seated, and her rushed manner and worried expression were a bit unsettling. She never got around to taking our order, as the gal who seated us and brought our drinks from the bar did so for her. And the dining room we were in wasn't even full. The starter salad with beets and goat cheese was tasty. While our entrees were yummy--veal chop and a steak--the sides were not. Undercooked, chewy beans and lukewarm & unseasoned creamed spinach were a disappointment. Desserts were enormous. I enjoyed my apple tart, but my husband's bread pudding was rubbery. Would we go back again? Unlikely.Special Features:
- Delish Christmas DinnerMegamomSeattleDined on 12/25/2013Made our reservation for 4 @ 4pm on Christmas day. Received a call confirming several hours before. Nice. Was seated upon arrival and was directed to elevator. Had a smaller back private room. About 7 tables. Had a friendly server. As to food, I am still raving about my Sea Bass! Good potion, perfectly prepared. The sauce atop was heavy on garlic, which I loved! A few onions and artichokes accompanied my fish. Hubby had a steak, he enjoyed, son the lobster Mac & Cheese and Stuffed chicken, and took some home. Mom had lobster bisque and Crab Cakes. Waited a bit long for dinner, but enjoyed conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013We had very slow service and did not get much attention from our waiter once we were told the kitchen had "slowed down". The entire meal took much longer than expected and the food was not up to the quality we expected. Our waiter never checked to see if we wanted more drinks, or bread or anything while we waited for our meals. The food was also not the quality we expected from what we had experienced in the bar in the past.
- Love the steaksYzmamaDined on 12/23/2013Go for the filet and lobster if you can! Molten chocolate cake is da bomb!Special Features:
- Great food; waiter rushed us.SherryDined on 12/13/2013It's definitely a special occasion place to dine with wonderful food. We had 5 p.m. Reservations, arrived about 15-20 minutes early. We told the waiter we wanted to enjoy our drinks for a few minutes before ordering. He said he'd have to let the hostess know that we'd tie up the table as they were going to get busy. I've waited tables & that was not appropriate at all. We are elderly, only having 1 drink before we ordered. We ordered and left by 6:30. There were lots of tables empty, no line at the door. For the prices you pay, you should not feel rushed. You're DINING, not grabbing a bite at your local fast foods place.Special Features:
- Amazing steakNancyRemlingDined on 12/9/2013Had the bone in filet. So large was able to split it. Absolute perfection. They also make a great sidecar martini. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little disappointedbnakDined on 12/7/2013One of my favorite restaurant especially after having my birthday dinner here last month. It was so good I booked my girlfriends dinner here but had 2 different experiences....Special Features:
- Open on thanksgiving!NkouzDined on 11/28/2013We booked a last minute reservation for Thanksgiving for two and they were able to accommodate. The food was, as usual, excellent. I had the Thanksgiving day dinner and my husband had the steak. Thanksgiving dinner came with "left overs" so whatever you didn't finish, they give you an equivalent to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thanksgiving dinnerptirestoDined on 11/28/2013We had a reservation but we waited 25 minutes. The first course took forever, by then we'd eaten all the bread with butter. The seconds course arrived 30 minutes later, by then everyone was grumpy and the food was good but not delicious enough to be worth the wait. Overall, happy to have a place to go for Thanksgiving but never going back here.
- Thanksgiving every yearmpenniDined on 11/28/2013We love Thanksgiving at Ruth's Chris! we visit Bellevue as it's nice and convenient for our mother in a wheelchair. Although she could not come this year, they accommodated us beautifully as a twosome. Dinner was fantastic, although my husband pined for a couple more pieces of turkey. The sausage stuffing is to die for, and the pumpkin cheesecake dessert is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the holidaysLv2WaDined on 11/28/2013Dined here for Thanksgiving and was pleasantly surprised. Good food and excellent service.Special Features:
- I expected moreAmazingDined on 11/23/2013I had heard that Ruth's Chris was great and had been wanting to try it for a while. The food was good and our waiter was great but overall I wasn't that impressed considering what we had paid. I ordered the crab cakes and they were good but I don't want to pay that much for "good". My husband had steak, also good, I thought it should be over the top, we can get a good steak at outback. We also shared the asparagus with hollandaise sauce. The sauce had no flavor, it was like pouring heavy whipping cream with yellow food coloring over the asparagus. If there is no flavor I would opt to skip the fat! Overall I'm glad we went so I won't continue to wonder however, in the future, for that price I'll cross the street to Daniels.
- Great dinner at Ruth's Chris.TasmanDined on 11/10/2013Great dinner at Ruth's Chris. Service was significantly better than the last time we were here, when we weren't sure if we would return. The hostess was polite, seating and service were prompt. All in all a great dinner and we'll be back.
- Awesome2dineoutDined on 11/6/2013Celebrated our anniversary enjoying the best filets ever. Our entire meal was absolutely perfect. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMarjDined on 11/2/2013I know, it's a steak place, but the halibut was the BEST ever!! It was cooked to perfection and so very tasty - I am ready to go back and order it again...and again...Special Features:
- Another Stellar DinnerNickPDined on 10/26/2013My wife and I went to Dinner at Ruth's Chris for our anniversary. As usual the food was fantastic. I had the ribeye amd my wife had the steak and lobster combo. I think hands down, Ruth's Chris has the best steak even after spending 4 weeks in Texas eating steak once or twice a week. And the creme brulet was awesome. Would highly recommend going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food smelled and looked delicious.SteakEaterDined on 10/19/2013Food smelled and looked delicious. The Porterhouse for two was cooked perfectly, however, I've had better flavored steak at other restaurants. Overall, it was a good meal.Special Features:
- Lovely LunchDianeKKVIPDined on 9/29/2013Ahhh, the taste buds had a special treat today, what a special treat my friend and I had today at Ruth Chris. The steak sandwich with bernaise was awesome, my friend kept trying to steal the bernaise. Her black and blue salad was not only a taste sensation, but was beautiful to behold. Service was spot on!Special Features:
- Great Place!!FoodMattersDined on 9/20/2013We have dined at Ruth's Chris Bellevue on a number of occasions. Consistently great food and service. Ruth's Classic three course meals are hard to beat. Plenty of food and always prepared the way we order it. Recommended!!Special Features:
- Go for the Service and the Sides4NewYorkVIPDined on 8/31/2013A relaxing evening was enhanced by the warm and attentive service provided by the staff. We had a great start with a generous, well made martini, and really enjoyed the "Wedge" for a starter, followed by the Jumbo Onion Rings and Sautéed Mushrooms which accompanied the entree. Unfortunately, the Steak was a disappointment. Ruth's Chris has a challenge with consistency. That is, some locations serve up very fine steaks, well sourced and prepared, while others just don't live up to the level one would expect. This was the case in Bellevue WA, where the restaurant was only 20% occupied at 8:30 PM on a Saturday evening. The lack of customers may be the result of disappointing experiences like mine.Special Features:
- Great food againFlyhighVIPDined on 8/30/2013Always great at this restaurant, where ever it is. Great chain. Food is constantly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great Service, so/so foodbeckDined on 8/30/2013Service was good, food was a little lacking. Had the petite filet and shrimp. One of the medallions were not even a complete circle. Shaped more like a Pac man. Also noticeably thinner than the other. Also asked for med. Rare, but got very little pink inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/27/2013Have eaten at this location and others several times. In the past the experience has always been great. This time the food was just OK (I expect more for the price and name). The server was great but I put out my credit card before receiving the bill (which usually speeds things up) and he disappeared for what felt like 10-15 minutes. To be fair, we didn't plan to eat here and the kids were under dressed.
- DisappointingHonestAppraiserDined on 8/27/2013I ordered salad with crab and shrimp -the crab tasted like it was from a can!! Guess you need to stick with steak since its a steak restaurant!!
- Personality and Proficiency!SweetGreenEyesDined on 8/18/2013For the price we paid, our expectations were met. Fantastic Food! Every staff member we saw was friendly & polite. Our food order wasn't taken as quickly as we hoped, but we already had an appetizer ordered and as soon as the server delivered my glass of wine she took our dinner order. All the food arrived in a wonderfully timely manner. Although there are certain expectations for food & service, the staff is comfortable outside of the seemingly snobby approach some people have towards a great steak house. (Some people I have acquaintances with approach dining at a fine restaurant -or almost any restaurant for that matter- with a snobby attitude that the staff are slaves or servants). This restaurant is definitely a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/29/2013This Ruth's Chris was a good as always. I was entertaining some clients and it was there first time to a Ruth's Chris restaurant and they were very impressed. Food was excellent and the wine was very reasonable - not overly marked up. Always consistent and outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once again. OurDaveDined on 7/12/2013Excellent once again. Our 27th anniversary dinner. Everyone on Ruth's staff contributed to making it a special and very enjoyable evening for my wife and me. Would recommend to anyone, for any occasion, with full confidence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakBzzzDined on 6/28/2013I wanted a steak. I got a great steak. The 20 oz Cowboy Cut. Cooked to perfection. Not much else to say.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks always wonderful but..keetjejDined on 6/23/2013Our neighborhood restaurant, eat there often and think the steak is great but they need to upgrade their baked potato.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service at Ruth's ChrisyummymealDined on 6/18/2013The service at Ruth's Chris in Bellevue was exceptional! We were there for our 30th anniversary, and the staff acknowledged our special day, brought champagne, and were attentive and professional in every way. The food was incredible (as it always is) and we did not feel that we had to rush through our meal. Our server, Danny, was attentive but not overbearing, and he anticipated our needs even before we did! Absolutely a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good wait staff!CloyneVIPDined on 6/17/2013Group had a variety of apps and entrees and everything was excellent Service was just excellent all aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2013Was gust ok. I had expected a better flaviour in our food and ordered an medeam rare Ribeye cowboy and it came out closer to eight medium well done which was disappointing as the server out of this as one of their premier steaks. The person I was with Heather special which was a fillet and lobster tail which came out okay the fillet was flavorful the lobster was done well but, The side she had ordered which was asparagus came out slightly overcooked. Kind of had expected more having been there at lunch and this was a dinner service so you expect it to be in the top-tier but it did not come across that way so I was a little underwhelmed with what came out of the kitchen…Special Features:
- Nice eveningLittleSisDined on 6/8/2013Enjoyed a nice dinner out. Steak was perfect and the stuffed chicken was delicious. It took a little convincing to have our waitstaff understand we were out for a long, relaxed multi-course evening.....but it turned out very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.