Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
311 Westminster Street
Providence, RI 02903Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aspireseasonalkitchen.com/
- Phone: 4015213333x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week! Breakfast from 7am to 10am. Brunch from 10:30am to 2pm, Saturday and Sunday. Dinner from 4pm to 9pm on Sundays and from 5pm to 10pm Monday thru Thursday. Friday and Saturday nights we serve dinner from 5pm to 11pm. A-Bar Lounge is open 7 days a week until Midnight!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jori Rieben
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private wine room is perfect for parties, meetings or dinners for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Wine Room accommodates up to 50 people, Executive Boardroom for up to 14 people, two meeting rooms and the outside terrace and park for up to 200 people.
- Private Party Contact: Rhonda English 4018618000x105
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday (Joe Potenza Quartet from 7:30- 11:30pm) & Saturday night (changing roster of area's best local talent from 8:30- 11:30pm)
- Special Events: Weekday Wineday- downtown's BEST after work deal! 1/2 price apps and select wine. Weekday nights from 5-7pm (offer not valid on PPAC show nights)
A word from Aspire Seasonal Kitchen
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen was voted the Best New Restaurant in Rhode Island, by readers of The Phoenix Magazine for 2009. Casual dining, courtyard dining, and a Private Wine Room all add to the experience. Our venue offer contemporary American food with a special emphasis on inventive preparations of ethnic Rhode Island. Aspire offers one of a kind selections of appetizers, steaks and seafood, while the A-bar, Voted the best Restaurant Lounge by the Providence Phoenix, is a beacon for lounge aficionados, boasting an irresistible bar and cocktail menu. Inviting menus complemented by a global wine list and gracious staff all contribute to the elegant, relaxing surroundings that exceed even the highest expectations. Aspire Seasonal Kitchen and A-Bar are located in the heart of downtown and offer complimentary valet parking for all diners. One block from the Providence Performing Arts Center and a quick walk to Trinity, Aspire Seasonal Kitchen is the perfect choice for Theater goers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
Aspire Seasonal Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (21)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (13)great for brunch (11)neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013We went there to dine before going to PPAC to see the Phantom. We say down around 5:45 and almost immediately ordered from the theatre menu. We walked out around 7:05 without getting our good because we had to get to the play. One of the worst experiences we have had in a restaurant. We were not alone. Many other patrons had to leave without eating. It will be a long time before I go back to Aspire
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/1/2013The waitstaff definitely didn't like us and my salmon was bland. My husbands food was good though. For the prices we were paying we expected more. Wouldn't go again
- My wife and I love this placeDemers88Dined on 11/30/2013My wife and I love this place especially before attending a performance at one of the local theatres. They know how to make you feel comfortable and not rushed while still getting you out in plenty of time to get to your show. Food is fantastic! Wine list is fairly extensive. Wait staff is very attentive. Highly recommend this spot for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service terribleFalresDined on 11/29/2013Waitress was fine. Other wait staff were terrible. Picked up wine glasses before wine delivered. Picked up plates long before everyone was done eating. Water guy unprofessional in his duties. Wait staff needs significant training.
- Theater menu meal mixupskbennett219Dined on 11/29/2013The waitstaff here needs serious help. Hostess was friendly, but our waitress was scarce. Received wrong dinners from the waitstaff, waited too long for our dessert. The maitre'd was unhelpful, although our waitress was gratious enough to cover our drinks. The food itself was good, except for my husband's overcooked steak (almost inedible). I received the wrong dinner, but accepted because of time constraints . Waitstaff was rude, referred to me and my husband as "you guys," not in an endearing way. Atmosphere strained - a lot of tables had people attending 7:00 and 7:30 shows, and were cancelling dishes and desserts because of delays. Took forever to get the check, and to get our credit card back. Almost missed out 7:30 show start
- Horrible serviceLittlebean225Dined on 11/29/2013I've left a detailed review on yelp, horrible service. Our waiter ruined our night and management did nothing about it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aspire-ing DinnerTedGDined on 11/23/2013My wife and I chose this restaurant since it was next to our hotel. We were blown away with this restaurant. The food was awesome and very tasty. The caesar salad was big enough for two. The calamari was tasty. The dinners were simply delightful. The chocolate decadence cake for dessert was moist and out of this world. The service is first-rate and very friendly. Give ASPIRE a visit. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large PartyMandEMVIPDined on 11/16/2013We had a large party of 12. They gave us a private dining room which made our get together even more festiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened?AerialArtistDined on 10/26/2013We have been to Aspire a number of times in the past. Its usually a unique and tasty experience. The food fell extremely short of this on our last dining experience here. The October "specials" did not deliver. The Hotel Providence is a great hotel and is in such a great location; Aspire, however, now falls way short of what should be expected. I will say, however, that the service we had experienced was top notch. Its a shame the food was not.Special Features:
- YummyJaypupDined on 10/25/2013My wife and I had a wonderful time. The wait staff was very polite. The decor was delightful and the accent lighting was perfect. The most important part was the food. My wife and I was so pleased with the food we have been talking about it to all of our friends. Our compliments to the Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very good, but slippinghland33Dined on 10/3/2013I generally go to Aspire every time I attend a show at PPAC in Providence and have raved about the place for years. On this last visit, I noticed a new service staff and was told that there was a new chef. the food was very good, although the very expensive ($32) lobster headliner dish had so little lobster in it (probably 1/8 lb or less) that everyone at my table was disappointed. The calamari was a new, sweet version that wasn't as good as in the past. The highlight was a bbq beef appetizer. The service was slower and our waiter disappeared half way through the meal; getting our check was an adventure finding someone else to retrieve it. Knowing Aspire, they will work these things out, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestEgglady8815Dined on 10/3/2013We recently went to Aspire for dinner before a theater show at the PPAC and had a horrible experience. We arrived on time for our 6 p.m. reservation, indicated to the hostess that we were going to a show, and were seated immediately. After ONE HOUR, all we had received was one round of drinks (one drink was even incorrect and had to be returned), rolls and water. NONE of our food was delivered - not even a salad or bowl of soup! We even ordered off of the pre fixe "Theater Menu" to help things move along - but with no luck. We left at 7:05 p.m. disappointed and hungry. I tried to give zero "stars" for food, because we never tasted it. We had to flag a hostess to even check on our food for us as the waiter simply disappeared. Sad.
- surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/21/2013This is one of the new trends in hotel restaurants becoming excellent. This restaurant seems to have trouble catching on and I can't understand why. Service was excellent, the food was inventive and terrific. They accommodated my food allergies in a way that went above and beyond the usual. Definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2013Looking forward to a lovely ore theatre dining experience, Aspire proved most disappointing. With reservations, we were seated at a table for two very close to two other tables. It was as if we were sitting in two wows at a long church table. Very non intimate. Food was very fair - bland salmon, over done steak. Bland bonanza cotta - it seemed everyone who ordered it was playing with but, trying to find the flavor.Special Features:
- PPAC and Aspire - PricelessDinerN1Dined on 9/10/2013This is a great place to go before PPAC for a fantastic meal with a great atmosphere. The staff is friendly and service is wonderful, too. If it is a nice night, you can sit outside in the beautiful courtyard. Hilghly recommnded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outdmannDined on 9/6/2013We love going to Aspire on Friday nights, especially in the warm weather when we can sit outside and listen to jazz while having dinner or appetizers. The food is excellent and is beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trying to hard...TomGDined on 8/24/2013The setting at Aspire is nice, the outdoor seating was great, but I felt that the food was inconsistent. Some of the dishes were good, and others could have been better. At times I felt like they were trying to hard to be high end. Sometimes simpler food can be better, especially if you're using fresh, local ingredients. The staff was friendly and attentive, however the service was slow. And a dessert that was supposed to be warm came out cold...
- for a hotel restuarant Aspire ...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2013is awesome. Ambiance, menu, cocktails, inventive, fresh, seasonal and respectful of the city and it's theater scene (just look at the artwork!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2013Always excellent food and ambiance. Emily is a fabulous, fabulous waitress. I always ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor slow serviceWindyDined on 8/11/2013We were attending a theatre show. Barely made the show even though we had 5:15 reservationsSpecial Features:
- Very disappointed!PixieVIPDined on 8/10/2013Have been to Aspire on several occasions. They have a pre-theatre dinner menu on theatre evenings that can be quite good value and convenience. I would still recommend Aspire for that purpose. However, their current menus is extremely limited, wasn't that good and not worth the price. Two of our group of four had the $35 rib eye steak with steak frites was very ordinary. Another ordered a dish entitled Maine Lobster which was served over pappardelle. There was very little lobster in this primarily pasta dish for $32.
- Great Dinner ChoicedfrjrDined on 8/9/2013Excellent food with great service. Really enjoyed the romantic setting also. Great bar also. The jazz scene is not our thing, but good band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drag Bruch EscapadeMichaelaDined on 8/4/2013I went to Aspire's Drag Brunch this past sunday, and had a fantastic time! It was a show start to finish, and I didn't expect that. Our server Emily was attentive, helpful, and sweet. The menu had a small but attractive array of options, and the drinks were delicious! Reserving on Open Table was easy and efficient. Additionally the hostesses was eager to assist me w/ in my desire to reconfirm, and her demeanor was cheery and professional.Special Features:
- Missed the markallergyeaterVIPDined on 8/3/2013Initially very excited to dine here! Started outside until it rained. Both outside and inside ambiance was very nice. Service was great, waitstaff were attentive to allergies. Unfortunately, the chef missed the mark. The food was only fair. For such a nice restaurant with a pricey menu, we expected an excellent meal.
- A disappointmentFinbarDined on 7/25/2013Due to traffic delays, my 8PM res. was looking tight, so I called ahead and asked to move the res. back to 9PM, to which the hostess agreed. Upon cheking in at 8:15PM, I could see that the restaurant was totally empty, save a few customers at the bar... Not a good sign. After changing in my room, I came back down to the restaurant to find that absolutely no one was eating and no staff at the front desk. I ended-up ording a few bites to eat at the bar, and the food was fine. This is a big bar & restaurant... Almost devoid of customers, this is not a good atmosphere. Feels like you are in the wrong place. Providence has a huge variety of restaurants. You could do better to skip this one and choose one of the many good alternatives.
- brunch?life4labsDined on 7/20/2013We placed a reservation for 1 in the afternoon, assuming this was for lunch. However, when we arrived we were handed a brunch menu. I double checked my reservation and double checked online, and there is no mention of brunch anywhere. We went to dinner here last year and were absoulutely blown away by your menu and the food itself. This time we were handed a mostly breakfast menu (again, at 1 in the afternoon), which had nothing great on it at all. The first two items I ordered your kitchen had already run out of. I am lactose intollerant, so I already had a limited choice of the menu. I ended up with a greasy burger, and homefries as an appetizer. Needless to say, a waste of a 45 minute drive, and a dissapointing anniversery lunch.
- Very good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2013We ordered cheese and charcuterie and a green tomato salad. Both were really tasty. The service was fast and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Food: Left something to be desired. I had the lobster pasta, which was so buttery it was too rich to enjoy. The texture of the seafood was somehow simultaneously rubbery and grainy. My fiance's pork had good flavor, but his potatoes were so buttery that he couldn't eat them. This chef relies on butter, not good seasoning. We had much higher expectations for dishes that cost in the upper $20s. Service/ambience: Patio seating is a must. We were lucky enough to go on a night when the jazz band was playing. Our server encouraged us to stay after we ate so that we could enjoy the music. We appreciated that she didn't rush us out. Overall: Recommend for drinks outside but as a place to enjoy a good meal.Special Features:
- Delicious but saltyBriggsyVIPDined on 6/22/2013Been here several times and have always enjoyed. Beautiful dining room and the food is very good, however almost everything is salted and some things are over salted. It's been the case every time.Special Features:
- We were a large party of 16MandatorynicknamesrstupidVIPDined on 6/22/2013We were a large party of 16 with two very well behaved dogs - all from out of town. They were extremely accommodating; seated us on the patio and took good care of us, even brought water for the dogs. We only had one waiter but he did a great job juggling such a large crowd. One minor complaint was that we asked for shade (very hot day) and they only set up one umbrella over the tables. Other tables around us were empty so we took those umbrellas ourselves. It was a late lunch and they were almost empty so it all worked out. Food was good too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for pre-theater dinner.BostonBobVIPDined on 6/20/2013Great for pre-theater dinner. The valet service was superb ...!!!
- Great LocationdisappointeddinerDined on 6/20/2013Very relaxed and friendly staff. The caesar and wedge salads were very good, the lettuce nice and crisp and chilled just right. The main course was disappointing to one and very favorable for the other. The service was not well timed in the delivery of the main courses. The manager was very helpful in making sure all turned out okay. It was a great location for the performance at the Performing Arts Center.
- No!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/16/2013The service was absolutely awful. While you may say, "maybe the waitress was having a bad day"- nope it was all of 'em! I've never been to a restaurant where the service -by everyone from hostess to busboy was so rude. At least it was consistently bad- they were rude to everyone around us as welll. Additionally the food was ok- it wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good and very over priced. If the food is good, I truly don't mind paying for it, but this simply wasn't worth it. The ambience was lovely and the decor nice as well- it's a shame I will never return.
- Went on a Saturday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/8/2013Went on a Saturday night. Very few patrons. Food was very good. Bus staff seemed oblivious to patrons. Loud crashing of dishes went on throughout the meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aim to pleaseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013Generally a satisfying diner. Small mix up at the time of our early 5:15 seating as to about our waitress would be, but after 10 minutes of waiting that was solved. More than on e staff apologized for the confusion and the manager took care of our glasses of wine. We rec'd our 3 course meals within a timely manner to make to our play down the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to its usual standardTheaterdinerDined on 6/5/2013Food was just okay, service was spotty, but their patio was pleasant for a pre-PPAC lite dinner. We have been here many times, but will try some other places next time.
- Wonderful food and great menu.JeanDined on 6/5/2013Wonderful food and great menu. A perfect place to go before or after a performance at PPAC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost ExcellentBriggsyVIPDined on 5/25/2013This is a great place to have a nice dinner. The service was excellent and very attentive. The atmosphere is very nice. The dining room is beautifully decorated and very elegant. The food was also very good. However the tomato soup was overly spicy and the veggies with the meal were overly salty. Some of the salads/greens were also over salted. I can understand adding a little salt to flavor a dish, but it should be kept to a minimum. Not everyone is accustomed to consuming so much salt and it ruins the meal. People can always add more at the table. Other than the food issues, it was a 5 star evening and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice AmbianceFelicedollVIPDined on 5/25/2013Charming restaurant with really good food. I had the delicious salmon and my boyfriend had a large and delicious portion of Lobster Pasta. Drink pours could have been a bit more generous, and prices are a bit high. Otherwise, I'd rate it Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally good foodStarsDined on 5/25/2013Generally good food, except chicken was terribly dry and like cardboard. Over cooked, and very tough. Disappointed to say the least. The other food was fine and well enjoyed but you can tell the quality of a restaurant by its chicken. Likely won't be back here .Special Features: