Braddock's - New Jersey
39 South Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.braddocks.com/
- Phone: 6096541604
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Menu: Available all day in both the restaurant and pub
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Eliason
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website or call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities are exceptional with accommodations for 6 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Department 8888850609
- Special Events: *Surf & Turf Tuesdays - 3 Courses for $29.95 - Every Tuesday starting at 5:00pm *Conversations with Chris - Spiritual readings of the past, present and future, mediumship and tarot - Every Thursday starting at 5:00pm *Happy Hour - Drink specials every day from 4:30pm-6:30pm - Complimentary hors d'oeuvres on Wednesdays & Fridays **Please view the calendar section of our website for details and other special events!
A word from Braddock's - New Jersey
Nestled in the charm of the Historic Village of Medford, New Jersey, Braddock's offers Casual Gourmet Dining featuring a romantic ambiance in a colonial style setting. Under new ownership Braddock's offers an interesting, innovative and diversified dining cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012Excellent food, service and prices. Especially during restaurant week. (Farm to table) Wonderful 4 course meals. Will return again.Special Features:
- We went for the Farm to ForkOliveGirlDined on 7/25/2012We went for the Farm to Fork special menu. All the food was very good, and the portions were generous. There was a wine special at $4.00 per glass to go with the menu, a great value. Our server was attentive and the manager (owner?) came through the dining room throughout the evening to check on diners. We felt very well-cared for!Special Features:
- Complete attention to customers,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2012Complete attention to customers, warm and friendly atmosphere. Excellent meals.Special Features:
- Though this may not applyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2012Though this may not apply to many, what I enjoyed the most was being able to eat out on the front porch and when I was finished my meal, I sat comfortably with a cup of coffee and glass of wine AND had a smoke too! ! !Special Features:
- We loved it. We recommendedAmianoDined on 5/11/2012We loved it. We recommended to some friends who wanted to take us for a nice dinner. Everything was perfect. Food was so fresh. Waitress was so friendly.Special Features:
- The place was empty, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/8/2012The place was empty, the food was okay, and the prices were way to expensive. They're asking top notch center city prices for slightly above average food. It's disappointing because Braddock's would be a place I would like to frequent. Now I know why they don't post their prices on their web site.
- Our evening was disapointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Our evening was disapointing. When I booked the reservation I specifically asked for a window or porch seat as it was my husbands birthday. Braddocks said they never got the request and we were seated at a table near the kitchen door.Appetizers were delicious; My husbands dinner was very good; my chicken was not cooked completely. Braddocks manager took the meal off of the bill and gave us a round of drinks to compensate.They were very professional about handling the problem.
- We arrived at 6pm to checkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012We arrived at 6pm to check out the happy hour before our 6:30 reservation. We ordered the cheese board appetizer. It was a beautiful array of cheeses, fruits, crackers, and a nice dijon mustard. Dinner was somewhat ho-hum. My wife ordered crab cakes and I, a rare filet mignon. The crab was a bit dry, but tasty and the filet was a little over cooked, but tender. The potato was not soft and the asparagus was crispy. Braddock's used to be known for it's unusual menu selections and it's upscale atmosphere. I did not see or taste that on May 4, 2012.Special Features:
- We have been to Braddock'ssgbglaVIPDined on 4/28/2012We have been to Braddock's Tavern many times and always get great service and a wonderful meal. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Table on the second floorDgootyVIPDined on 4/27/2012Table on the second floor porch provided nice view of activity below on Main St. While enjoying dinner. Food is good and I have. I comaints however I do think they are over priced. Good but shouldn't be charging $35+ for entrees.Special Features:
- We started out just beingOUT2muchVIPDined on 4/26/2012We started out just being the two of us but then we were joined by four other family members, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. Great Happy Hour and pub food. Will go again.Special Features:
- Ambiance was not as good asCherryhillgirlDined on 4/21/2012Ambiance was not as good as I remembered, but the waiter was attentive. A bit pricey.Special Features:
- Food was fantastic and worthOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2012Food was fantastic and worth the priciness. Will be back sooner than later.Special Features:
- Don't reserve for holidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/8/2012Despite making our reservation for 10 adults well in advance, we were seated at a table for 8 people max. All members of our party were disappointed with this restaurant and our Easter will be remembered as cramped and awkward thanks to Braddocks.
- Limited menu, small quantities,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2012Limited menu, small quantities, over priced. Dining area was empty for a Saturday evening.
- Went during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/23/2012Went during Restaurant Week and really enjoyed ourselves--Had some great menu choices. Requested a table upstairs on the porch which overlooked the main street--Romantic. Waiter was very attentive. This was one of many visits to Braddocks and we have never been disappointed. Also has a great bar area if you're looking for just drinks & appetizers.Special Features:
- We enjoyed our food but wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012We enjoyed our food but would have liked to pick our sides. For this price we should have had more options & a salad would have been nice. I love the food but the resturant has now become too expensive!!!!
- Perfect Place for You and Your SOSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2012Braddock's Taven is a Great Place to Visit Anytime and for Any Occasion!! The Staff is Perfect, The Food is Great, The Drinks are Amazing, The Layout/Location is Just Right - I give them a 10/10!! I have had the plessure to be served by 'Dereck' and 'Jill', They were both great people all around. Just amazing service to say the least, and willing to help in any way possible. The Food was really good, it can get a little expensive - but its well worth it. The Drinks, The Drinks were AMAZING - Lets leave it at that. The Desert, If you have room for it - 7 Layer Cake was to die for. The best part about this place is the Service, My Fiance and I have been here twice and I am willing to say its been the best experiance ever. SEE DERECK OR JILL!!Special Features:
- We love dining at BraddocksJanMDined on 3/10/2012We love dining at Braddocks and try to get there for as many special occassions as possible.
- As usual the tavern was hopping,DgootyVIPDined on 3/9/2012As usual the tavern was hopping, but the four of us elected to eat upstairs on the enclosed porch. The food was terrific. I had the duck (outstanding) and the others all had the seafood strudal (back by popular demand and very good). Our waitress was very attentative even going out of her way to include some bacon in the soup for one in our party who had jokingly said that the soup of the day would be better with bacon. Overall the night was wonderful, however I hope they can stay in business. I think there may have only been one or two other tables occupied in the restaurant, but the bar was crowded as usual.Special Features:
- Braddock's exceeded our expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Braddock's exceeded our expectations, great service, romantic ambiance, perfectly prepared entres and desert, flowers delivered were on the table prior to our entrance. There were no negative destractions, sitting us next to the fireplace was the icing on the cake. We had a very nice time and look forward to returning. Thank you Allan & StaceySpecial Features:
- Diva waiter...MikeBDined on 2/18/2012Historic place in a big converted house. This place has a long rich tradition. We definitely got the feeling that "regulars" are treated a little differently than others. We didn't get bad service but we did get the feeling we were unqualified and imposing. The place is broken up into sections and our section had about 4 tables. Our waiter kept referring to it as his section when he lectured to us and others how he does things in "his section". I like to see pride in employees but this guy was a bit of a diva. I asked him for a wine list he became frustrated, quickly left the room to get one then shoved it in my hand like a football hand off while he stormed by our table not uttering a word. Average at best in a beautiful, historic home.Special Features:
- Great find. Charming restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2012Great find. Charming restaurant with multiple colonial style rooms. Has enclosed porch seating on 2nd floor. Delicious food, we had the veal and chicken. Service was excellent - everyone friendly and helpful. Parking lot in the back.Special Features:
- We have been to Braddock'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/15/2012We have been to Braddock's Tavern many times since it opened in the '70's. It has had several different owners. The food has always been wonderful. We've attended many holiday dinners, retirement parties (including my own!), end of the school year luncheons, and after school pay day happy hours. The terrific servers recognize us, now. We will return for another excellent dinner very soon.Special Features:
- Food tasted great presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2012Food tasted great presented nicely. A bit pricey for Medford area but not outrageous. Server/bartender Colleen was very hot.Special Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and I celebrated Valentines and had a great time, the food was great and the service was good. As it got busier the service dropped a bit due to more tables being served by same server. Additional servers would remedy this.Special Features:
- Great place for the firstOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012Great place for the first time there and food was great!!Special Features:
- You can't go wrong with BraddocksOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/20122 years in a row we ate at Braddocks for Valentines Day dinner. This year we ate on the balcony overlooking Main Street in Medford. What a beautiful view of an area reminding you of a bygone era. Our waitress was very personable which surely added to the dinning experience. The food was excellent. I highly recommend Braddocks and can gaurantee we'll be dinning there again.Special Features:
- Everything was perfect. IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Everything was perfect. I had given a special request in my reservation for one of their more romantic tables since we were celebrating Valentine's Day. They delivered! We had a private table in front of a fire, the waitress did an excellent job, the food was terrific, and they treated us to 2 large chocolate covered strawberries at the end of the evening. We had a great time!Special Features:
- We booked a table for nineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2012We booked a table for nine to celebrate a special occasion, and the evening met all expectations. We ate across the whole of the menu and the blend of flavors for each dish was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for good food, service, and ambiance.Special Features:
- The build your own mac andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2012The build your own mac and cheese for lunch was excellent. However, I did ask for a Malbec wine, and they did not have one. Overall, it was good.
- Definitely returning again.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/28/2012Definitely returning again. The madalions of veal dish was excellent and gave you more than you could finish, we took some home. Would recommend this dish. Our room was quite and cozy with fireplace going. Very relaxing.Special Features:
- I had a great time at theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012I had a great time at the Braddocks, I have eaten their before and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- The main dining areas of Braddock'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/13/2012The main dining areas of Braddock's Tavern have the elegant Colonial decor you would expect in Colonial Williamsburg. If you are looking for something a bit more casual, seating in the bar area (which is separate from other dining areas) would do the trick. Recently, I was seated on their 2nd floor balcony, which has been enclosed in glass and heated, for a beautiful dining experience overlooking Main Street in Medford. The food is absolutely incredible. Their main menu can be a bit pricey, but the food is honestly worth it. If you're looking for something a bit more economy friendly, ask to see their bar menu as well, which has some less expensive items like a turkey burger and customizable mac & cheese that are both delicious.Special Features:
- My wife and I met at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/13/2012My wife and I met at this restaurant and visit it frequently and as usual the food was great and the service superb.Special Features:
- The pub downstairs was quite05allyDined on 1/7/2012The pub downstairs was quite busy while the dining seemed a little quieter, but still doing quite well. Food was good and the pacing of the service was perfect.Special Features:
- We went to Braddock's NewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/31/2011We went to Braddock's New year's Eve with my family. There was a prix fixed menu with limited selections. My husband and I had the scallops and our young adult kids had the tuna. The food was banquet quality at best. The scallops were rubbery and the tuna entree was tasteless. The squash soup was watered down. I did enjoy the tuna tar tar appetizer and my salad was decent. All in all we were all very dissappointed having spent over $300.00 for a lousy meal.
- Our first visit was a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011Our first visit was a wonderful experience, we will return, thanks
- OVERPRICEDOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Braddock's use to be a warm, friendly local place where you could get above average fare, a decent meal and perhaps a drink for just above "average fare". WAY overpriced now. Set reservations for dinner, Christmas Eve. Were seated and presented a WAY overpriced special Christmas Eve menu...asked if there was another menu...NOPE. On the way out, saw a friend that was having a nice, WAY less expensive dinner bar side. Don't get me started.
- An incredible night of fineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/17/2011An incredible night of fine food and drink with carolers strolling from table to table singing Christmas songs.What a great way to get in the holiday spirit surrounded by Colonial charm and a warm setting.Special Features: