Braddock's - New Jersey
39 South Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.braddocks.com/
- Phone: 6096541604
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Menu: Available all day in both the restaurant and pub
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Eliason
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website or call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities are exceptional with accommodations for 6 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Department 8888850609
- Special Events: *Surf & Turf Tuesdays - 3 Courses for $29.95 - Every Tuesday starting at 5:00pm *Conversations with Chris - Spiritual readings of the past, present and future, mediumship and tarot - Every Thursday starting at 5:00pm *Happy Hour - Drink specials every day from 4:30pm-6:30pm - Complimentary hors d'oeuvres on Wednesdays & Fridays **Please view the calendar section of our website for details and other special events!
A word from Braddock's - New Jersey
Nestled in the charm of the Historic Village of Medford, New Jersey, Braddock's offers Casual Gourmet Dining featuring a romantic ambiance in a colonial style setting. Under new ownership Braddock's offers an interesting, innovative and diversified dining cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
- Took my wife, friend and hisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Took my wife, friend and his wife out to celebrate his birthday and dined on the porch overlooking the street. With the snow falling and the great food, we had a great time. All the food was excellent and the waiter had a sense of humor that fit right in with our little group. There was another group of 4 in the area but it never got too loud and it was a very quiet dinner.Special Features:
- CozyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/1/2013Good bar atmosphere. The pub side of Braddocks is definitely a cozy, locals spot and was very busy. The Cheesesteak spring rolls were very tasty and came out in a reasonable amount of time. Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Very cozy. Ate in the bar.tsmith07Dined on 1/5/2013Very cozy. Ate in the bar. Great food, great service. Will be back!Special Features:
- We were please with the portions,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012We were please with the portions, and the quality of the food. Would recommend and would return.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Selected Braddock's for a nice and quiet meal for two. The ambiance and noise level from other diners on the balcony made for a not so enjoyable dining experience. It's been 20 years since I visited Braddock's and after this experience, it may be another 20 years before I return. She had shrimp as an appetizer and she thoroughly enjoyed. We both had the Filet Mignon. The steaks were prepared how we ordered them but the sauce was not very palatable, same for the fingerling potatoes. The desert was very good. Our table was on the balcony right in the middle of the doorway which was very uncomfortable due to the wait staff coming and going. This area is not conducive for private dining and the food was not worth the price.Special Features:
- Holiday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2012We were disappointed in the our experience at Braddock's for Christmas Eve. Our reservation was change to a early time,which was fine. Our request for a table near fireplace was not fulfilled, and we made our reservation a month in advance. Our table was not ready when we arrived, and we were told to go to bar, there was one bartender, and he was overwhelmed. We did get to our table, it was not anywhere close to my request, they ran out of one of the appetizers, and did not replace it, the menu was prefixed. The service was slow, having to ask for bread basket, the food was fair, but nothing special. It would have been nice if the were into the Christmas Spirit, either though music, or decorations.
- Special place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Dining at Braddock's is a memorable experience. I'd recommend eating here for any occasion.Special Features:
- We always think of Braddock'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/19/2012We always think of Braddock's when we want to celebrate a special occasion! The foods always delicious and the presentation is great too! Staff is friendly, professional, and accomodating!Special Features:
- This has to be my 15th yearlunchinggirlDined on 12/19/2012This has to be my 15th year going to Braddock's for the carollers. While the food was delicious - love the calamari - we love to see and hear the Christmas carollers. That, as much as the food and wonderful service, keeps us coming back year after year. And, since it was a weeknight it was nice and quiet!Special Features:
- Quiet, romantic settingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Enclosed front porch overlooking Main Street is a wonderful area to dine in. Overall atmosphere is quiet and relaxing. Menu full of many excellent choices.Special Features:
- Great romantic 61st BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Great romantic 61st Birthday for my wife. Utilized the "Flowers on the Table" option. The beautiful Roses had her crying. The staff and owner all stopped by to wish her a Happy Birthday! They all made it special. By the way, the food was great.Special Features:
- Braddock's is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Braddock's is a wonderful find in a region of NJ where the emphasis can often be on quantity over quality. A near-by area that is overwhelmingly populated with senior citizen communities so area restaurants must offer "early bird" specials to survive. Braddock's was a delightful exception. The ambiance would put one in mind of the 18th century restaurants to be found in Williamsburg with a variety of dining rooms and wood burning fires. Though I've had more delicious meals (ease up on the salt shakers!), presentation was beautiful and overall mood was festive and fun. Our server was quirky to the point of oddness, but good hearted. A wine list was not offered and the bill was slow. The trio of carol singers were talented and fun!Special Features:
- The food was great. The ceilingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2012The food was great. The ceiling of the 2nd floor dining room needs to be fixed/replaced though, with several holes open to the plaster above. Don't look up!Special Features:
- Nice place food is good. TheFoodieVIPDined on 11/17/2012Nice place food is good. The bar downstairs is pretty busy and noisey which carries into the dining room next door. The upstairs dining room is much quieter and the have tables on the front upstairs porch which is pretty quaint and heated. The place is in Medford which is kind of out a ways nothing else nearby either so if it's dinner there, that's it really. Still. A nice place.Special Features:
- Food is outstanding and thesamuelDined on 11/14/2012Food is outstanding and the atmosphere is friendly and warm. Wait staff needs to be more knowledgeable of the menu and drinks and be less intrusive.
- Gem in Medfordtsmith07Dined on 11/9/2012Quaint, quiet restaurant and seperate bar set in an 1800s colonial tavern and hotel. Food and service were outstanding. Do not miss the veal entree! Request to sit on the all seasons, second floor porch that is right on main steet. Menu is a la carte, but items are reasonably priced. There is a seperate bar menu that you can order from in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We really enjoyed Braddock's. The service and food was excellent. The historic and personal attention made you feel at home. We will be returning!Special Features:
- Braddock's food seems to riseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2012Braddock's food seems to rise to new levels each time we visit. Each course was perfectly presented.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012Food was good, but for happy hours - the hor dorves and drinks were very pricy. the cost of dinner was reasonable - and the selection was nice for a restuarant week menu loved the sping rolls!Special Features:
- The Best!MarkNDined on 10/14/2012Everything was perfect! The food, the service and the atmosphere. Braddocks never disappoints.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/14/2012Went there for brunch with our family of 5 - kids are 16, 21 and 23 - food was outstanding. We had a wonderful time aside from our waitress who was miserable unfortunately. There was a second waitress who assisted (older than our primary waitress) who was very pleasant. Our primary waitress though wanted to be anywhere but there. Shame since would have been perfect brunch aside from that. Maybe she had some personal challenges going on. Hope thats not her day to day game face/demeanor. If so she needs to find another line of work.Special Features:
- My husband and I have beenlunchinggirlDined on 10/13/2012My husband and I have been coming here to celebrate our anniversary for the past 18 years. Our waitress asked if it was a special occasion, and when we told her she was such a sweetie. We love coming here.Special Features:
- LOVELY, QUIET EVENING. LOVEDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2012LOVELY, QUIET EVENING. LOVED THE PORCH! FOOD ALWAYS CONSISTENTLY GOOD. ALWAYS ENJOY THE PRESENTATION. LIKE THE FACT YOU PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL. SEE YOU AGAIN SOON.Special Features:
- The pub is is very comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2012The pub is is very comfortable and the Mac n Cheese is a must have!Special Features:
- Let me begin by saying thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2012Let me begin by saying this was one of the best dining experience that I have in a long time. Our service was fantastic and the food and drinks unbelievable the scallops were cooked perfect and my husbands filet you could cut with a butter knife. Do yourself a favor go check it out it is well worth it.Special Features:
- My husband and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012My husband and I had a great time on our date night!! The rack of lamb and Veal Burlington were great ... We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Recently met up with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012Recently met up with a friend and chose Braddocks. Haven't been there in a while and next I won't wait so long to return. Everything was great from the greeting to the good night. The food was absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone looking for a good time.Special Features:
- Had to search for someoneKuklaDined on 9/20/2012Had to search for someone to 'check in' for our reservation. We had asked for Pub seating and by the time we found someone, all tables in the Pub were taken. Not a big deal other than having to search for a host or hostess. Also, I ordered the Rack of Lamb which had always been a favorite at Braddock's. I was disappointed when it was three small lollipop chops, not a rack of lamb. Flavor was ok, just not what I expected at the price asked. Will stick to bar menu, but they must get better buns for their burgers! Overall - CSpecial Features:
- trying hard to rebuild reputationrichVIPDined on 9/20/2012Soups were very good(seafood bisque, cream mushroom) Entrees were chicken oscar & diver scallops. Chicken oscar had loads of proscuitto and less chicken, although cooked well. Must of had 1/2 pound of asparagus which was cooked nicely; crisp not overdone. Scallops well cooked almost evenly, but still enjoyable. Young, pretty server gave good service, but will get to know the menu a little better. I thought prices were high and would only recommend Braddocks to some of my friends.
- Braddock's is back!RamjetDined on 9/12/2012Went on a Wednesday - celebrating a special event - and the restaurant was not that busy. We sat on the upstairs porch. My wife had the lobster tail - very large and well prepared. I had the veal Burlington asked for it medium, and it came perfectly cooked. Food was excellent - service just right/attentive enough not intrusive. Always a nice atmosphere. The bar was doing a good business when we arrived and really hopping when we left.Special Features:
- My wife and I enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2012My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience. The service was wonderful. We would definitely dine there again.
- Disappointed Again!!!FlyersFanVIPDined on 9/7/2012We used to come here all the time and LOVED IT. Since they were sold to the people that own a bunch of local bars, they have downgraded the place considerably. The servers are not the professional wait staff of years before, the menu is by far less sophisticated and the food quality is not what it used to be. We used to come and never look at the menu and just order the specials. If I wanted bar food, I would go to Otts or PJ's. Sounds harsh but the place was once one of the top restaurants around and its disappointing. We will try it again in a year or two in hopes the owners figured out why the place is not getting the crowd it once did.
- It it been a few years sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012It it been a few years since we have had dinner Braddocks. In the past, the menu was excellent, many different varieties, smoked trout, duck, etc. You could not get a table on a saturday night unless you booked way in advance. The place was empty, very limited menu, $ 38.00 for 3 scallops. We will definately not be going back. Very disappointed.
- The food, the atmosphere andDonnaDined on 8/25/2012The food, the atmosphere and the servers exceeded my expectations! Thank you for a wonderful evening!
- Cleaned our plates.RERE10Dined on 8/16/2012There were 6 of us and we eat eveything on our plates. Great food.Nice wine selection. Good bar drinks.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Food was amazing. French onion soup is to die for. We both had Veal and it was cooked perfectly! Enough food for us both to take home doggie bags. Our waitress, Jocelyn, was awesome and on top of her game. Staff was very attentive to our needs. The only complaint we had was that we were seated in a room by ourselves and it was almost too quiet!Special Features:
- The tomato, mozzarella andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2012The tomato, mozzarella and avocado was fresh and so good, as was the blt salmon ... I highly recommend both!Special Features:
- Braddock's is still a greatlunchbox1Dined on 8/8/2012Braddock's is still a great dinner destination. My husband,who is a #1 fan of the oyster, said his appetizer of Japanese oysters was his favorite-even more than his beloved Cape May salts! His entree was a pretty presentation of three veal medallions nesting on mashed potatoes with asparagus. Delicious. My entree was flounder francaise topped with lump crabmeat on mashed potatoes.Another delicious dish, and generous enough that I actually took home leftovers. My one quibble is this: When the least expensive dinner is $23, the quality of the bread should be equivalent to the price. I remember when a pumpernickel roll, a mini corn muffin and a warm little loaf of bread were served. Now, there are just pedestrian diner rolls.Special Features:
- Pricey and food was very bland.AndreaVIPDined on 7/28/2012Pricey and food was very bland. Used to be a favorite restaurant - keep going back hoping it will be what it once was - and it never is.
- Outstanding!KTbrennanDined on 7/27/2012Outstanding! We went for the Farm to Fork menu. Everything was exceptional. Great staff and great place to eat casual or for a special occasion.Special Features: