Station House Cafe
11180 Highway One
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Station House Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stationhousecafe.com/
- Phone: 4156631515x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner six days a week. Closed Wednesdays. Open Thursday through Tuesday 8AM - 3:30PM and 5PM-9PM; Bar menu available from 3:30-5PM. Closed Wednesdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wayne Pratt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a reunion on the beach? A break from the daily office routine? Delicious boxed lunches are available for groups to go - please order in advance.
We specialize in on-site weddings, rehearsal dinners, receptions & family reunions. Our garden patio, private dining room, or entire facility are available for private celebrations.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for up to 32 guests. Our outdoor patio is also an ideal setting for garden parties and receptions for up to 75 guests. Also, the entire restaurant, bar and garden may be rented for private parties for groups up to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Sheryl Cahill 4156631515x
- Entertainment: LIVE Music-Every Sunday at 5pm - no cover. For full calendar listing: www.stationhousecafe.com/music
- Special Events: please visit our website at www.stationhousecafe.com/community
- Cross Street: Mesa Road
- Public Transit: West Marin Coach travels twice daily from Central Marin.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, The Station House Cafe has a private lot located in the back of the building with access through a garden path to the dining room.
A word from Station House Cafe
Station House Cafe celebrates a 40th anniversary in 2014! Best known for great food, friendly service and gorgeous outdoor garden dining, the Station House Cafe, established in 1974, is situated amid the beauty and bounty of West Marin at the gateway to the Point Reyes National Seashore. With a long-standing emphasis on fresh and local, the menu features sustainable seafood; organic produce – some from the cafe’s own gardens – and Niman Ranch beef and lamb with classic American cuisine as the central theme. Music lovers will appreciate some of the Bay Area’s best musicians as they swing by to entertain in the Station House Lounge on Sunday afternoons. A private dining room is available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Station House Cafe - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Station House Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (38)kid-friendly (31)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (13)hot spot (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- A favorite "destination restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/2/2008A favorite "destination restaurant." We splurged on gas to make the lovely drive to west M arin, enjoyed the scenery, and Point Reyes Station, especially Gallery Route One, Toby's Feed Barn, and the place where Cowgirl Creamery is. And oh my! those Johnson's oysters! SHC cooks them perfectly. Everything else is great too. Also mellow to eat in the garden, with just the right amount of sun and shade. We have come to SHC for years, often with guests. Never disappoints. Love cloth napkins, even at lunch.Special Features:
- My husband, our good friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2008My husband, our good friends, and I had a great time and an excellent dinner at Station House. I am sure the cafe meets many of the above categories. My husband and I had just taken a 10 mile hike to Tomales Point and our tired focus was on meeting our good friends and enjoying dinner with them, which we did. Our server, Tracy, was very helpful, professional, and efficient. I felt like we were bad guests because our friends asked for more of their wonderful popovers and left most of them uneaten since we thoroughly enjoyed every morsel of our meals.Special Features:
- The food was not as impressiveMegoDined on 6/22/2008The food was not as impressive as the descriptions as on their online menu. But more importantly though the service wasn't horrible, it definitely could have improved. We requested a refill for water, after waiting fifteen minutes thinking someone might notice, and were given a quick, terse reply, "it's on it's way." After the meal, we were given menus to order dessert. It took a long time before our order was taken; it took even longer for the dessert to be delivered. I wonder if maybe having more than one person being responsible for each table, (bussers delivered the food for the servers) made the service less dependable. Unfortunately, it's not someplace I care to spend that much money for food and service that was mostly just ok.Special Features:
- Year after year the StationLA811VIPDined on 6/22/2008Year after year the Station House Cafe continues to deliver orginal quality food in a great setting!Special Features:
- We went for dinner hopingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2008We went for dinner hoping to eat outside, but apparently they only use the garden during the day. We were surprised to have our BBQ oysters served on ice alongside our raw oysters. Very slow service but nice waitress.Special Features:
- I had never been here butOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/21/2008I had never been here but my partner raves about it. She has fond memories of hot breakfasts after long hikes and camp outs at Point Reyes Seashore. We were on our way to an event in Tomales bay and made a breakfast reservation. The food was great, coffee was hot and good. They participate in the Marin Organic movement, so they emphasize local, organic ingredients. We even managed to get in and out in 40 minutes, which is not to say we wouldn't have stayed and lingered, we just had to be somewhere else. The garden looks amazing. I would love to go back and eat out there.Special Features:
- The 'fair service' means afood4toughtDined on 6/15/2008The 'fair service' means a slow kitchen, who couldn't cope with the orders. To be fair,the kitchen was very slow, but the waitress was very nice and did't charge us for our daughter's pancakes. So, the waitress was nice. Good, honest food and excellent pomegranade mojito.Special Features:
- The food was OK but cartainlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2008The food was OK but cartainly not great. We were very disappointed with the service. We had to wait over 25 minutes for our food to be delivered, and when it arrived it was ice cold. The waitress called over the manager who was less than gracious, denying our obviously accurate observation that the food must have been left standing. They did provide soup for those who wanted it while waited for our food to be redone and redelivered. The manager made excuses when all she had to do was to admit to their error and redo the orders. She was not up to the task, complaining to us that the restaurant was so busy, when there were many empty tables.
- We had a wonderful Father'sAbcdDined on 6/15/2008We had a wonderful Father's Day brunch at Station House Cafe. Our server was very helpful, and the hostess was cheerful and extremely accommodating. Please tell her thanks for all her help!Special Features:
- I have enjoyed the StationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/7/2008I have enjoyed the Station House Cafe for years. It's a lovely spot in Pt. Reyes Station. On Saturday night, when we went for dinner, a private party was being held in the garden. It was a chilly evening, and the door to the garden was open. We politely asked our waiter if he could close the door, as the breeze was cold. He rudely replied that that was "out of the question" and that he could move us to another location but that "the air conditioning would just blow on us there." Needless to say, we were appalled by his rudeness, and left in less than an hour.
- Great food but the place seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2008Great food but the place seemed disorganized. Good waiter but the kitchen was obviously backed up and having problems getting orders out. It took way too long to get our food.