Station House Cafe
11180 Highway One
Point Reyes Station, CA 94956Neighborhood:
Point Reyes Station
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Station House Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stationhousecafe.com/
- Phone: 4156631515x
- Hours of Operation:
Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner six days a week. Closed Wednesdays. Open Thursday through Tuesday 8AM - 3:30PM and 5PM-9PM; Bar menu available from 3:30-5PM. Closed Wednesdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Wayne Pratt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a reunion on the beach? A break from the daily office routine? Delicious boxed lunches are available for groups to go - please order in advance.
We specialize in on-site weddings, rehearsal dinners, receptions & family reunions. Our garden patio, private dining room, or entire facility are available for private celebrations.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available for up to 32 guests. Our outdoor patio is also an ideal setting for garden parties and receptions for up to 75 guests. Also, the entire restaurant, bar and garden may be rented for private parties for groups up to 120.
- Private Party Contact: Sheryl Cahill 4156631515x
- Entertainment: LIVE Music-Every Sunday at 5pm - no cover. For full calendar listing: www.stationhousecafe.com/music
- Special Events: please visit our website at www.stationhousecafe.com/community
- Cross Street: Mesa Road
- Public Transit: West Marin Coach travels twice daily from Central Marin.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: In addition to street parking, The Station House Cafe has a private lot located in the back of the building with access through a garden path to the dining room.
A word from Station House Cafe
Station House Cafe celebrates a 40th anniversary in 2014! Best known for great food, friendly service and gorgeous outdoor garden dining, the Station House Cafe, established in 1974, is situated amid the beauty and bounty of West Marin at the gateway to the Point Reyes National Seashore. With a long-standing emphasis on fresh and local, the menu features sustainable seafood; organic produce – some from the cafe’s own gardens – and Niman Ranch beef and lamb with classic American cuisine as the central theme. Music lovers will appreciate some of the Bay Area’s best musicians as they swing by to entertain in the Station House Lounge on Sunday afternoons. A private dining room is available for special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Station House Cafe - Best Restaurants in Point Reyes Station ›
Station House Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)great for outdoor dining (36)kid-friendly (32)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (22)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (13)hot spot (10)romantic (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- for being out in the boonies,maudeVIPDined on 4/21/2009for being out in the boonies, it's great. the vie is comfortable. the service was mediocre. we had to flail our arms to get a waiter to come over, and the place was not busy. but the burger was good, they brought me chard instead of fries, and it was delicious. and the wine was nice.Special Features:
- I would say this is the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2009I would say this is the restaurant to go to in this area. The food is well prepared and well represents the straight forward seasonal approach to rural dining. The seasoning was elemental but the quality of ingredients and presentation were excellent. The maitre de was extremely gracious and accomodating.Special Features:
- The appetizers (mussells,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2009The appetizers (mussells, clams) are small and expensive but good. Our waiter forgot one of our main courses which delayed the meal for quite sometime. Also, he forgot to give us our doggy bag, we had to ask twice and finally got it from someone else. The food is good, a little pricy. The popovers are excellent. They close very early, Saturday night 8:30 and the place was dead (might be a sign of the times). They close at 9 or 9:30 I believe.
- Food was absolutely delicious.MaishallDined on 3/26/2009Food was absolutely delicious. It wasn't a surprise as many people have already made this place a top 10 along the Bodega Bay coast. Calamari is scrumptious, the sandwiches were as well, and the whole experience was great. Made for a great start to a great weekend.Special Features:
- Really good food, and notOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/22/2009Really good food, and not very expensive. Our server was a little clueless.Special Features:
- Come here for the oysters.OpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 3/20/2009Come here for the oysters. Very fresh. An excellent wine list. Osso bucco looked good but almost no meat and the polenta underneath was cold. We found the service to be excellent, but it was a bit noisy and stressed on a Friday night and the food was just ok.
- wonderfully fresh food andNCTravelerVIPDined on 2/28/2009wonderfully fresh food and friendly attentive service. highly recommend the driveSpecial Features:
- Our dining experience wasKCamachoDined on 2/14/2009Our dining experience was great, especially for Valentine's Day when most restaurants are crowded, hectic, and noisy. The service was great, the atmosphere was romantic, and the food was amazing. We have dined here every year for Valentine's Day for the past seven years (even though it's a 2 hour drive), and we will continue to do so for many years to come!Special Features:
- Very friendly and great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009Very friendly and great food. I'll come to this restaurant every time I'm in the area if I can.Special Features:
- This is a delightful countryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2009This is a delightful country restaurant on the edge of the Pt. Reyes National Seashore. Whether you're stopping by for breakfast, lunch or dinner, you'll find a good menu selection, friendly service, and fresh and tasty dishes.Special Features:
- I brought two elderly friendsveggielover2Dined on 2/1/2009I brought two elderly friends with me and our waitress was very cognizant of their wishes and needs. I appreciated this extra sensitvity. It was a great place for a casual lunch in a sweet town.
- We had a delightful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/31/2009We had a delightful experience here. Our waitress was friendly and fun, with excellent service. The food was fabulous. The mussels were unbelievably good, and I had the winter squash lasagne which was unique and delicious! We definately would dine here again!Special Features:
- Great place to go for a brunchRocioVIPDined on 1/25/2009Great place to go for a brunch the includes oysters, wine and great breakfast food. This place has great value.Special Features:
- Perfect, quiet spot to enjoyJoan88Dined on 1/16/2009Perfect, quiet spot to enjoy good food and great Thanksgiving coffee before heading out for a hike in Pt Reyes! Also good for dinner after that hike, if you prefer:)Special Features:
- We spent New Year's Eve thereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2008We spent New Year's Eve there and our steak dinner was great-especially the scalloped potatoes!! Our server was very nice-a lady from Poland and we enjoyed the band. It was a quiet evening, we love Pt Reyes, wanted not to drive far to celebrate and are glad we spent our holiday at this restaurant.Special Features:
- The oyster po' boy sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/27/2008The oyster po' boy sandwich was just good (not very authentic) but the halibut club was very good. Service was fine. We will come back if we're going to be in the area but not so sure we'd make a special trip from San Francisco just to come to the restaurant. However, the overall experience was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Used to be good, no longer.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/26/2008Used to be good, no longer. Server was quite rude (other staff were nice). mac n cheese had very little cheese. Reuben was bland, fries were tasteless. We were a captive audience given the few restaurants in Pt Reyes Station. Will go to Cafe Reyes next time.Special Features:
- With a few places to chooseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/21/2008With a few places to choose from in Pt Reyes, we liked it so much we had 3 meals there. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Top notch organic-oriented,OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/28/2008Top notch organic-oriented, but not vegan. Local meats, fish, shellfish, and produce. Good service, good prices.Special Features:
- Being a vegetarian I loveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/17/2008Being a vegetarian I love the use of organic and for my friends and family, the good quality meats to create such delicious meals. The food is prepared in interesting and innovative ways yet has a simplicity that is pleasing to the eye and even more so for the palate. The dining room and bar have a comfortable feel but I just love sitting in the garden and feeding all my senses. I have been to the Station House several times in different times of the year and the food or service never disappoint. It is wonderful to have an eatery in such a beautiful location that consistently meets and exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- It was a nice experience butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008It was a nice experience but there was too much butter in/on ALL the food.Special Features:
- Very homey environment ofOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/9/2008Very homey environment of locals and tourists. Rousing music in the bar. Very good fresh and "comfort-style" food.
- Fun and lively, cozy and warmOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/9/2008Fun and lively, cozy and warm coming in from a brisk day.Many families out for an early Sunday night together, fabulous oysters, and a wonderful, blue grass band playing in the bar - just the right sound level for diners, and good listening for those in the bar. A great destination when taking a drive out to Point Reyes for the day.Special Features:
- Straightforward menu. AllOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008Straightforward menu. All our dishes were very nicely prepared. Comfortable and unpretentious setting. Kinda pricey, but probably typical for this area.
- The brioche pop overs areOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008The brioche pop overs are the best! The organic greens salads came without any dressing. There was 1 teaspoon of blue cheese crumbles, beets and walnuts and endive all the bottom of the plate, under the greens. Looked like it left the kitchen without being finished. Fish & Chips were just greasy and not hot in the middle, like frozen fish. The chips were made from frozen French fries. The cold slaw lacked zip and tasted mostly of the celery seed garnish. The sole with orange burre blanc was huge. The green beans were good. The sauce lacked flavor, you really had to taste it and think about what it tasted like to remember the orange. Dinner 2 years ago was MUCH better. Who's in the kitchen and watching the plates go out now?Special Features:
- Their food and outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2008Their food and outdoor dining area was outstanding, but the poor service made it a little lacking.Special Features:
- We went for both dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 10/25/2008We went for both dinner and lunch. Dinner was fast efficient service. Lunch on the other hand was terrible service. The kitchen was obviously understaffed. Instead of the waitperson doing extra to make the waiting bearable, it seemed like she chose to make herself scarce.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.livetoeatVIPDined on 10/19/2008Excellent food and service. Varied menu. Large portions. The oyster stew was excellent, best I've ever had.Special Features:
- Food was great! The FrenchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2008Food was great! The French toast and waffles were really good with amazing whipped butter and syrup. Good Thanksgiving coffee. The service was really friendly, but very slow. The drinks did not arrive until after 15 mins and we were very hungry with small children.Special Features:
- Really a terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2008Really a terrible experience ... Food was overpriced and not good at all. I would definitely recommend the Farmhouse Restaurant in Olema .. next door to the Seashore Bed and Breakfast. Also, the music group was AWFUL ... we had a good laugh over that though.
- This is a pleasant place,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/14/2008This is a pleasant place, but the food was very ordinary and not attractively presented.Special Features:
- I've been here about a dozenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2008I've been here about a dozen times. Up until 2 visits ago, I really enjoyed the the simple and fresh menu. The food was good, the service was good. But the last 2 times I've been there something has happened to the food. It was different, as in- over seasoned, over cooked, and did not taste fresh. I thai prawn curry was painfully hot with too much fish sauce, the ribs were over cooked and reheated, as were the mashed potatoes. The sole and beans were overcooked. I guess they have a new chef? I'm hoping it might be an off week.
- One of the only places inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2008One of the only places in Pt Reyes to have dinner. Started off strong with delicious oysters on the half shell and mussels...and downhill from there. The halibut in banana leaf was very bland. The service was rushed...place was busy...but an appearance of relaxed dining is always a plus.
- Station House Cafe is a goodlowerthirdDined on 9/13/2008Station House Cafe is a good restaurant with comfortable, home-style cooking. The decor is simple and spacious and the service is good. For what is essentially home-style cooking, the prices were a little high. Perhaps it's the "resort-town" tax. The hostess seemed to be having a bad night though. When we first walked in, she ignored us even to the point of taking others who came in behind us. When she did address us and learned we had a reservation, we felt like we were imposing. Everybody has an off night though, and the Station House appeared to be quite crowded. Despite the awkward greeting, the night was very pleasant and relaxing and if we're in Point Reyes Station again, we'd go back.Special Features:
- Hostess: attentive, accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2008Hostess: attentive, accommodating -- set up highchair & booster seat for kids, brought crayons, etc. Waiter brought kids' entrees quickly BUT completely forgot appetizers (!) -- mussels, artichoke. Osso buco & potato-crusted sole) were excellent, but green beans were overcooked. Mac & cheese was delectable once added salt & pepper added. Child's fish & chips quite good. Popovers were perfectly eggy and delicious. Desserts were memorable: lemon pot de creme was subtle, not overbearingly lemony, nice balance of sweet/tart. Bread pudding was among best ever, custardy yet light, made from popovers and doused with caramel sauce and cream. Can't wait to go back -- maybe NOT on a hectic Saturday night, though...Special Features:
- The food has been disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/29/2008The food has been disappointing on my last view visits -- not much flavor, limp fries, tasteless polenta.
- A very comfortable, unpretentiousOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2008A very comfortable, unpretentious restaurant with a great menu.Special Features:
- We live in Louisiana. WheneverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008We live in Louisiana. Whenever we're in the Bay Area, we always go to Drakes Bay and always include a stop at the Station House.Special Features:
- We had an excellent dinnerSparkyDined on 7/11/2008We had an excellent dinner at Station House Cafe. The service was speedy and the food was terrific. I would definitely recommend it to friends and would eat there again.
- Really enjoyed the local produce,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2008Really enjoyed the local produce, they were very busy but doing a good job getting food out! Will be in the area in Sept and will be going back.Special Features: