255 Courtland Street, NE 30th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikolaisroof.com/
- Phone: 4042216362x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
In observance of Labor Day Nikolai’s Roof will be closed September 1st & 2nd. We will resume regular hours Wednesday, September 3rd.
Nikolai’s Roof will also be closed for regular business September 16th, 17th, 18th to accommodate NAPSLO and their affiliates.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may pose.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Nikolai’s Roof bar/lounge offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu. The only thing smoother than dinner and drinks at Nikolais’ is the cozy embrace of our Lounge – where the mood is always comfortably stylish and undeniably cool.
Open 5 p.m. until Midnight Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Nikolai's Roof
Nikolai’s Roof is a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of modern/contemporary at its best. Delight in the option of a three, four or six course menu with wine pairings or an innovative ala carte menu. Enjoy intense flavors and tastes, fresh ingredients, and an elegant ambiance with a view overlooking Atlanta's starlit skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nikolai's Roof - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nikolai's Roof reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (48)romantic (43)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (22)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Simply Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2013We had an absolutely fantastic and memorable experience for my wife's birthday. This is one of the highest end restaurants in Atlanta. Service was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique combination of Russian/FrencOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/6/2013Unique combination of Russian/French ambiance. Top notch for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been ten years sincedinetooDined on 8/31/2013It has been ten years since I was here. The place has just gotten run down and out of date. The food was fair but the service was very poor. We were never given our salad but, was offered a free dessert instead. The waiter had a difficult time answering questions about the menu. Can't recommend this for any occasion! This was my dining companion's birthday and turned out to be a memorable occaision,,,,,,but for the wrong reason.Special Features:
- Nice for special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2013Good view from the restaurant at the top of the hilton, very good food and good wine list. Expensive but a nice place to go for special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the second time IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2013This is the second time I dined here. We chose the chef's menu on both occasions, at it was excellent: beautifully presented, and very tasty! ! The service was the best I ever experienced in any restaurant anywhere. Very attentive! Highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great service,happyVIPDined on 7/24/2013Great food and great service, a very pleasant evening overall.Special Features:
- top of the lineStirlingDined on 7/23/2013We recently celebrated our 10th anniversay at the restaurant. There was nothing they could have done to exceed my expectattions. We wanted it to be special and it was. They asked if it was for an occasion and we explained. To our surprise, they brought out an extra dessert on an oversized plate with the words "happy Anniversary" written in chocolate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special OccasionSuburbanDinerDined on 7/23/2013My wife and I went to Nikolai's for our anniversary. I've wanted to go for years and this occasion seemed like the right time. It did not disappoint. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent and the atmosphere was conducive to conversation. A great place if you want to dine slowing and savor the time together.Special Features:
- A Birthday to Rember!SonjaDined on 7/17/2013My boyfriend selected Nikolai's Roof for my birthday night celebration! It was rainy outside but that didn't effect the night at all! As soon as we walked in the, the lighting and decor caught my eye. It was stunning and the presentation was beautiful. I enjoyed every bite, all the way down the last course. I would definitely come back. And our waiter was very attentive. Overall the perfect night!! 7/17/13.Special Features:
- Beautiful presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/16/2013View is wonderful, ambiance is elegant, presentation is spectacular, unfortunately, the food preparation doesn't always live up to one's expectation. For an impressive setting, this is the place. For a truly great meal, there are other options in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Amazing Service & AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013From the time we pulled up to the Hilton hotel until arrival at the top floor restaurant and even upon our return to the valet area, everyone from the valet to the waitstaff was among the best in service. The valet even escorted us to the elevator and upon our return to our car, we had bottled water and chocolates (in velvet monogrammed pouches) in the car as a parting gift. Caveat: the food was good (not great) but I was still happy with my experience because Nikolai's Roof is an Atlanta institution, simlar to the Russian Tea Room in New York (you go there for the experience). If you want to celebrate something in style with a "top of the world" scenic view, intimacy, and romance - I highly recommend, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2013Wonderful food and service with great view of nighttime Atlanta skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceDinerDined on 7/5/2013The best part of this experience was the service. While the food was very good, it was not exceptional. I viewed the menu online prior to our reservation and planned on ordering the black bass. However, it was not on the restaurant menu. I ordered the salmon which was good but not great. My husband enjoyed his meal (beef). The portions were very adequate.Special Features:
- On top of the world!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/2/2013The view is spectacular and so is this restaurant's ambience. Be sure and order the Chef's menu which is 3 course and fixed price. The waiter had an attitude and was in attentive. Too bad for such an elegant place. The dessert soufflé was heavenly! Just watch the price or the total could spoil your evening. However, if money is no object, there are better places to spend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Multile Stars RestaurantYumyum1Dined on 6/29/2013Very special restaurant. Excellent food, service and atmosphere. I love this 3-hour dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Nikolais Roof andmassVIPDined on 6/21/2013We love Nikolais Roof and save our dining experiences for special occasions. This restaurant never disappoints. The menu is just beautiful and food excellently prepared and served. The service is impeccable. We were surprised to see a few empty tables at the bar and in the restaurant on a beautiful Friday evening when the view of the skyline at sunset was brilliant. We eat a notable restaurants all over the world and would rate Nikolais Roof in our top five restaurants globally and the hidden gem of Atlanta!Special Features:
- Meal with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2013The view was awesome! Had a quiet and comfortable meal with the family. The lamb chops were outstanding. The duck was not as tender as I would like. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience - thetkf1VIPDined on 6/15/2013Excellent experience - the view was spectacular. Our meal was very good, but also very pricey. Nice place for a special occasion.
- 40th Aniversary Dinnerrv2226Dined on 6/4/2013We chose to celebrate our 40th Anniversary at Nikolai's. We had been there twice before and since it was a special time, we drove from Decatur AL to celebrate it at the top of the Hilton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never knew this place was hereBCAtlDined on 5/29/2013I wanted to take my wife to a restaurant with a scenic view to take in the city one more time before we move away. First I thought of Sundial at the Westin Pleachtree Plaza; turns out there are closed for renovations. I found Nikilai's Roof through web search. I was impressed by the reviews and consistent awards over many years. The restaurant faces east toward Stone Mountain, so less of a city view but still impressive. On the west side is the bar so we walked over after dinner to view downtown. The food was great; we had the beef tenderloin and lamb, both great. The infused vodkas were quite tasty; we tried lime and peach. The grand marnier souffle was to die for! Finally, the service was top-notch. Wish we'd know about this place before!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All to ourselvesMichaelVIPDined on 5/24/2013It had been several years since I dined at Nikolai's Roof. In the interim, they've modified the menu to include three options: chef's prix fixe (what used to be the only option), four-course prix fixe and a la carte. The service remains impeccable. Truly white glove, attentive, but not overly so. The waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items and the vodka offerings. There's a nice, but not overly large selection of wines by the glass. The view towards the east side of Atlanta and beyond is still amazing. We were quite surprised to find that we were the ONLY guests in the restaurant for a late dinner. What a wonderful way to celebrate a special family birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in AtlantaGlennDined on 5/17/2013I consider Nikolai's the best restaurant experience in Atlanta. The food selection is unlike any other, starting off with the exquisite pierogis. The wine selection is among the best anywhere. We had a 4 course dinner with wine pairings and the choices were inventive and creative. The portions are ample but not over whelming which we prefer. The service was paced with no rushing (which we really prefer) and took about two hours. We go each year for our wedding anniversary and occasionally for other special occasions. We recommend it strongly to anyone. I think it's very busy during convention weeks but tables are usually available on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013Great view, excellent service. Flavoured vodkas were stunning. Food was very good also. Interior was a bit dated - a lot of brass, "classic" carpeting/furniture, etc. Would be a good, quiet place for special occasions like an anniversary or parents'/grandparents' birthday - not so much for a younger, hipper crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/15/2013The food was marginal, everything else was OK. Very much the feel of a tourist place rather than a fine dining resturant.
- Great anniversary dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2013The entire experience was superb from the wait staff to the view of Atlanta! Obviously a place for special occasions but worth every dollar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to see it go!rolodexbobDined on 5/14/2013My family and I have been coming to Nikolai's for special occasions almost since 1977 not long after it first opened. Sad to say the decline has been painful to see. While it continues to maintain some of the original atmosphere and ambiance, the quality of the food and service is no longer worth the price. When we visit Nikolai's we do the whole thing: flavored vodkas, caviar plate, wine pairings, etc. whic is about a $600 dinner for two. This visit, the caviar, vodkas, and souffle' were wonderful as usual (although the caviar presentation is somewhat less than it used to be) but sadly that's where the similiarity to the old Nikolia's ends. I hope they spend my money wisely because that was our last visit. Goodbye old friend.
- One of Atlanta's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2013We go for special occasions and are familiar with the food, which is always excellent. But it's now better than ever, and the fois gras was, without a doubt, simply the best I have ever had, anywhere. And it may be an easy-to-overlook item (but if they pay attention to this, you know they pay attention to the bigger things too), but the butter was creamier than anything I can ever remember being served. If you've never been here, you're missing something special. If you haven't been here for a while, you need to get back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience and DiningdrdoodDined on 5/11/2013Special attention to details and to the diners makes it a place we love to go to for special occasions. The views are outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad meal here!DebWVIPDined on 5/11/2013Went for our daughter's Grad School graduation... awesome as usual. Service is outstanding and food is ALWAYS good, with some entrees being better than others, and NONE being disappointing. Worth the heavy price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementGardnertDined on 5/10/2013This was an amazing restaurant to spend spend our engagement. The service was professional, very classy, and courteous. We enjoyed the wine and the food, all of it was incredible. Also, the view was immaculate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have memories of this restaurantButchSDined on 5/4/2013I have memories of this restaurant from many years ago. Once again it was a great experience,food, and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013It was a great view of the Atlanta skyline and watching a storm roll in was amazing. The food was excellent and service was impeccable! It was a great place to celebrate our 5th year Anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/1/2013Outstanding food and presentation. We had the 4 course dinner, choosing the squash bisque, rack of lamb, and souffle. Great food, Wonderful service and presentation, nice view of the city and sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were topOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Food and service were top notch. Fantastic view of Atlanta. A little pricey just a normal night out dinner but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Anywhere else to dine is a mistake!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013We have been coming to Nikolai's for more than 25 years. This was the first time we were given a menu. Choosing the Chef's Menu (beef tenderloin)for two of us, the other chose fish. Sharing Nikolai's for the first time with anyone, we brought our daughter and said she was truly impressed. The wait staff was wonderful, quiet and pleasant as the room. Ending our stay at our request he showed our daughter the books that we always enjoyed reading other peoples thoughts as we wrote about our meal. The only thing I would change would be to bring the books back for people to sign again. Thanks for the wonderful memories and continued perfection.Special Features:
- I've been going to Nikolai'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013I've been going to Nikolai's for twenty-five years and this was definitely the most disappointing dinner we have had. I had flowers delivered to be on my table but we were seated at the table in front of the kitchen. I told the Matradee to please bring the flowers from the table i had requested. He never offer to seat us at the table i requested. This was my wives birthday but no one offer to bring anything special, nothing at all. My lamb was filled with fat, most ended up on my plate, we few bites left to eat. i remember when the wait staff were polished and professional, they are nothing special any longer. The food was good but all in, not nearly as good as we expected. too bad, i suppose nothing last forever! John Lawren
- Had the chefs menu at $105.00OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Had the chefs menu at $105.00 per. Not worth the money. Wine pairing terrible and not worth the price either.Special Features:
- was expecting a lit bit morepassion4foodVIPDined on 4/16/2013Me and my husband celebrated there my birthday. The ambiance was good, but a lit bit outdated. Felt like the carpet, drapes were old, and it needed to be freshened up. the view was nice and the service implacable. Servers were very knowledgeable of the food and drink menu. The food was good, decent portion size, but nothing to be remembered and craved on later. The peroshki ware just ok (i had real peroshki in Moscow and they were to die for). The food is on the pricey side, but thats what you pay in a restaurant with a nice view in Atlanta. if you want a very quite and older crowd dinner, this is the place to go:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the service and viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/13/2013While the service and views were outstanding, the food was terrible and way overpriced.Special Features:
- Very goodgn0CLXQ0UlYtDined on 4/13/2013This was the second time I've been to this restaurant, both times have been very good. Both times we ordered the tasting menu and overall we were very pleased with the food. The service on the second visit wasn't as knowledgeable as the first, but the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.