255 Courtland Street, NE 30th Floor
Atlanta, GA 30303Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nikolaisroof.com/
- Phone: 4042216362x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
In observance of Labor Day Nikolai’s Roof will be closed September 1st & 2nd. We will resume regular hours Wednesday, September 3rd.
Nikolai’s Roof will also be closed for regular business September 16th, 17th, 18th to accommodate NAPSLO and their affiliates.
We apologies for any inconvenience this may pose.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Stephanie Alderete
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wine
- Entertainment: Nikolai’s Roof bar/lounge offers classic cocktails, a cozy ambiance and a small plate menu. The only thing smoother than dinner and drinks at Nikolais’ is the cozy embrace of our Lounge – where the mood is always comfortably stylish and undeniably cool.
Open 5 p.m. until Midnight Tuesday through Saturday.
A word from Nikolai's Roof
Nikolai’s Roof is a AAA Four Diamond restaurant and the epitome of modern/contemporary at its best. Delight in the option of a three, four or six course menu with wine pairings or an innovative ala carte menu. Enjoy intense flavors and tastes, fresh ingredients, and an elegant ambiance with a view overlooking Atlanta's starlit skyline.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Nikolai's Roof - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Nikolai's Roof reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)romantic (41)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (22)notable wine list (21)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good not great!GiveittimeDined on 5/10/2014Nice view, quiet, and romantic but food is good but not great. Service was very good. All in all, I would not make a concerted effort to fight traffic and make the pilgrimage down town just to eat at Nikolai's Roof.Special Features:
- ConowalromancticDined on 5/9/2014From the amazing food to the outstanding service and atmosphere, this is one of best restaurants that I have ever visited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Chiefgreatdining4sureDined on 4/26/2014Staff was very friendly, upbeat, present and knowledgeable about choice of food and drink. Chief's dishes were very pleasing to the palate and unusual. Never would have thought crab meat and sweet potato could complement each other so well. Good presentation! Great service!Special Features:
- Early Mothers Day Surprise!JohnnyDined on 4/26/2014Excellent evening. My wife and I were very pleased with the service and cuisine. We will be back several times. We were celebrating an early Mothers Day for my wife. Our thanx to Daniel and his great staff. The infused vodka was a nice addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better and better!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/25/2014Nikolai's was one of our favorite Atlanta restaurants before, but since reopening after the renovations they have somehow found a way to take things to an even higher level. What was great is now wonderful. Kudos to all at Nikolai's. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHY did we wait sooooo long????CockaRoachDined on 4/19/2014My friend (now wife) and I dined here 35 years ago for my Birthday. My wife just brought me back for my 60+ Birthday at Nikolai's Roof. We were first greeted by the Daniel and he took us to our table with a "spectacular view" of the City. For starters, I had the grilled octopus which the 'Best' since I lived in Naples, Italy. My wife enjoyed the Beet salad for her appetizer, and the Beef Tenderloin for her next course. I jumped on the roasted lamb chops (P-E-R--F-E-C-T) The Creme Brulee and Chocolate Mousse desserts with Cappuccino completed our perfect meal. The drinks and wine were GREAT. Our waiter and back-servers were 'Outstanding' and very attentive. We Both had a DELICIOUS meal that we still talk about weeks later. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an EXPERIENCE!FoodDudeVIPDined on 4/18/2014My wife and I took a 'stay-cation' in downtown Atlanta to celebrate her birthday and for making the dean list. What a surprise as course after course, each dish kept getting better! I travel extensively across the US and have enjoyed many 4 to 5 star meals and this one ranks at the top! Great food, fantastic and helpful service, very nice view, and the perfect place to unwind. If you go, I recommend you do so for the 'foodie' experience and get the 6-course just to try many items on the menu. Well done chef and staff! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerAtlvisitorVIPDined on 4/11/2014Loved the new decor, but missed the red jackets on the staff. Thanks to all who helped make it a special night for us. This was our 5th visit over 27 years and like the changes to the menu options. Soufflés are still awesome. Lamb was great. The prouski's (sp?) have shrunk over the years to a tiny morsel...only complaint. All the wines by the glass were fine. And the sunset view was great. Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locationamynDined on 4/5/2014Location is the only thing that's good. Rest there's nothing too expensive and not alot of options with not enough quantity of mealSpecial Features:
- Hadn't to the "roof" for 15JohnDined on 4/3/2014Hadn't to the "roof" for 15 years and wow had the decor changed. The old world Russian atmosphere had given way to a sterile eclectic venue. A bit disappointing. However, the food, service, chilled vodka and oh the view were still amazing!Special Features:
- Wonderful for special occasionsMrslovetodineDined on 3/29/2014My husband booked reservations for date night. We had an awesome experience! From the moment we entered until we walked out! The staff is very attentive & the food was divine! If you are a lamb lover, try the lamb it was delectable! The vodka is a must! I'd definitely go back again & again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shameless Fake Fine DiningAtlEatsLoverDined on 3/27/2014What a scam! You pay for a nice view of the city. Ok decor. Service was slow, sloppy in a less than half full restaurant from 7-9pm. The waiter didn't know that the Italian term in the menu was about pork. The four course meal was a disappointment. Boring combination of ingredients. It's a shame to think that you could have cooked everything yourself at home in 15 minutes and do much better. It was that bad. I would go to Canoe, Nan Thai, or Watershed, even Steel... over this restaurant. Definitely not worth $150 per person. A scam for the appellation of "fine" dining. Writing French terms on a menu doesn't suffice to make the food "fine". Big big big disappointment. Go elsewhere if you know about fine food and care to pay for this exactly.Special Features:
- Stay away from the SouffleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/25/2014Entree and Appetizer great but dessert needs work. Stay away from the Souffle.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014We went to celebrate son's birthday-#45. It was everything I could have wanted. Pacing of the food was just right. The manager/sommelier helped me select a glass of wine and it was really good; one I never would have chosen on my own. It is a beautiful space. Loved the flavored vodkas! Waiter was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for any kind of celebraLenaDined on 3/22/2014The price fixe but menu choice is really great for middle class folks out for a memorable evening. Don't forget to have the soufflé it's awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow serviceMLWELLSVIPDined on 3/19/2014It took 3 hours to get thru a 4 course meal. It was 25 minutes into the service before we got a menuSpecial Features:
- My Wife's Birthday DinnerOzOzDined on 3/19/2014When we arrived for my wife's birthday we saw that the restaurant had been recently redecorated. I personally do not like the current décor. Previously it was absolutely beautiful, especially when we first dined there many years ago and numerous times over the past 15+ years. The food previously has been excellent, especially when the German chef was cooking. When we ate last, Chef Oliver did a great job as well. No great food was available this time. The appetizer was not up to snuff and the plate was too large for the serving size. The Grand Marnier soufflé was clumpy and there was no correct sauce served with the soufflé, just whipped cream with nuts. A very disappointing dinner for my wife's birthday - the chef must do better.
- Superior Dining Experienceregularguest20Dined on 3/15/2014Nikolai's Roof has been our favorite destination for an exceptional dining experience for almost 20 years. Our recent visit was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/12/2014My husband & I heard that the dining room and bar area had been redecorated extensively, so we decided to try the new Nicholai's. It was grim. The bar is stark gray - no flowers, no wall hangings - nothing to break the gray & black color scheme. The bar area adjoins a large empty gray "event" room with no divider. The bartenders were friendly and made good drinks, but the place was completely depressing. In the two hours we were in the dining room, I counted a total of 11 diners. We ordered borscht and lamb chops. The chops were delicious - the borscht was served luke warm and tasted awful. Dessert and coffee were fine, but for $200, we expected fine dining. The server was friendly, but the overall atmosphere was dismal. We will not returnSpecial Features:
- Romantic roofBoknowsDined on 3/5/2014Nikolai's was a great experience. My wife and I enjoyed the food and the waiter. The setting was nice and romantic. We had drinks that were great. Overall we had a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There at the re-opening !DonaldVIPDined on 2/28/2014A great meal for a party of 8 on the night the restaurant re-opened after renovations. Daniel the maitre d / manager was most helpful, as was our server, Bill, a long-time member of the staff. Small portions, inventive menu, great desserts. Pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- price the only drawback. food,miketDined on 11/16/2013price the only drawback. food, view and service all outstanding.Special Features:
- Still Excellent after 37 yearsglc3mdDined on 11/14/2013We first went to Nikolai's roof in August 1976, celebrating our 6th anniversary. My wife was pregnant with our daughter at the time. Having been back only once since, we decided to come back to remember our deceased daughter's 37th birthday. While the decor is different, and about to change again, the food, service, and ambiance remain truly excellent. I belong to a men's cooking club and consider myself a minor food critic. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieStroStroTheFoodieDined on 11/12/2013My wife and I went for the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairings. Bill, our server, was attentive and helpful. Presentation was good...not outstanding, but good. Flavors were well developed in each course. Overall a very good dining experience. A little pricey, but an enjoyable 3 hour meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highest levelhopitalDined on 11/9/2013Having travel a lot in many countries ,I always look for one night at the best restaurant in town with my wife.Compared to many other restaurant,Nicolai's is the second best after the restaurant "Petrus" in HongKong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected!luv2dineVIPDined on 11/2/2013We were looking forward to a delightful evening to celebrate a milestone birthday with a party of 4. Definitely not the restaurant from years ago. They do not enforce a dress code so you see T-shirts, no jacket on most men. It is quiet so conversations can be had and heard! Vodkas and wine were excellent. Piroshkis and salads were very good. Entrees were okay-nothing special. They always had wonderful soufflés-the ones we ordered we could not eat-they were awful. Service was marginal, also. Very disappointing evening. Maybe with new makeover, they will improve the kitchen. Just not the "special restaurant" it used to be and the prices should require higher expectations from the kitchen. Maybe we were there on a bad day! Saturday??Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!JudyDined on 11/2/2013Nikolai's Roof has always been a favorite with my husband and myself. We thoroughly enjoy the ambiance, the service and of course, the food. We have enjoyed many memorable occasions there and anticipate the new look in 2014!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food combined with excellentchestyDined on 10/25/2013good food combined with excellent serice - an unbeatable combinationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous Billing PracticeDavidDined on 10/24/2013After signing the bill the restaurant added an additional 20% to the bill and then submitted to the credit card company. Called and they said it was standard practice and the 20% overcharge should mystically go away. Outrageous practice. Don't go there!
- A Russian RomancejmichaeljVIPDined on 10/22/2013On Tuesday, 10/22, I once again had the privilege of dining at Nikolai's Roof. As this was my sixth time at the restaurant, I was still impressed with all aspects from the moment I stepped off the elevator. I was hosting a business dinner with some colleagues who all graciously expressed their appreciation for a memorable evening. As always the food was impeccable, not overstated, yet somehow "royal" in it's presentation. Our waitstaff was superb without hovering, yet, met all of our needs perfectly. Most notable also was the Russian Vodka and the exquisite cheese from the cheese cart. Nikolai's Roof never fails to meet my expectations, and I consider it one of my most favorite restaurants in the United States.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our food was deliciousnorgwarDined on 10/18/2013We ate the Chef's menu. It was delicious and each piece was nicely paired with a wine to complement the flavors. Our waiter, Scott, was fantastic and made the dining experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Evening2niceDined on 10/18/2013Took my wife there for her "big" birthday. Could not have been better, everything was as we remembered several years ago. Certainly will not wait that long to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was enough.NjoygdfdVIPDined on 10/12/2013Always wanted to try, glad I did, but once was enough. Tables very close together, food way overpriced. Meal was good as was service, but not memorable.Special Features:
- Downtown Gem!WHSpeedVIPDined on 10/12/2013We had a guest from the U.K. downtown at the Georgia Aquarium (the world's largest) and wanted to take him to a unique place he would not have been able to experience anywhere else in the world. Nikolai's Roof was the perfect choice! Excellent appetizers, entrees and desserts. Starting the whole experience with the infused vodkas was a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalromancticDined on 10/10/2013From the view, to the amazing food, to the attentive staff; this experience was very memorable!Special Features:
- Superb!JPMathesDined on 10/10/2013My wife and I are food enthusiasts who have eaten all over the world. We chose Nikolai's for our anniversary meal and something tells me we will be back soon. This highest quality of food and the gold standard of service Nikolai's is a true southern gem with a French/Russian flare. Check it out and you won't regret it!Special Features:
- Excellence prevailsluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 10/5/2013Terrific squash and crab bisque. Very good beef carpaccio. Service was efficient and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The manger was professionalEmericDined on 10/3/2013The manger was professional and politely consuming. The wine list was inviting and easy to navigate. Staff very well informed of the food and chefs recommendations. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambianceRPS8Dined on 9/28/2013Usually restaurants situated in hotels are less than stellar. Not the case here. Spectacular in every respect. Top notch service with waiters in white gloves. Impressive china and silverware. An excellent menu with several options in terms of four or six course tasting menus. An extensive wine list presented in a "hip" way through the use of an iPad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fanstastic experienceSimonneDined on 9/28/2013I had a great experience at NIcholai's as usual. This is the place to go if one wants to impress someone else. It is expensive but to me it is worth it. The food is excellent . the service is great. It is so quiet although there was a background music it did not interfere with the conversation. The guests were speaking softly. It was just a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.