Bronx, NY 10471Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7185810182
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private catering available please call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
A word from Jake's Steakhouse
Jake's is a Zagat Rated casual steakhouse in the Riverdale section of the Bronx offering the finest steaks, chops & seafood in NYC. Our staff is attentive & professional. In addition to our great food we have an extensive craft beer selection as well as a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jake's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Jake's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (24)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great experience. ServiceBribriDined on 10/26/2013Great experience. Service (Kathleen) made the difference. Recommend eating upstairs. We sat in a big booth near the bar. We did made reservations only a couple days in advance and the place was packed. Great sides, Filet melted in our mouths. Go for the T-bone for two!Special Features:
- The food and service was theWayloVIPDined on 10/25/2013The food and service was the best. They always have interesting specials. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting food.jacobDined on 10/9/2013They have my favorite Swedish Kopparberg Cider, very hard to fund. The Lamb chops were excellent too. Good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All the steak without pretensionDGNYDined on 10/5/2013This is a terrific steak house. Located at the uptown end of the 1 train. It's comfortable and the food is as good as any of the hifalutin' spots downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate at Jake's twice this week.WayloVIPDined on 10/4/2013Ate at Jake's twice this week. Once at the bar and once in a booth. Both experiences were great. The sandwiches, soups and appetizers are worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service .food wellGood2eatDined on 9/26/2013Excellent service .food well prepared .waiter knowledgable and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- local folkravnusDined on 9/21/2013very accomodating, friendly staff, good bar food. needs to pick up the fine art of the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another perfect occasion!JasperDined on 9/15/2013We've been coming to Jake's for several years now and as always the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We find ourselves going toWayloVIPDined on 8/30/2013We find ourselves going to Jake's more and more. The food and service is top rate. Interesting specials every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was wonderful.WayloVIPDined on 8/16/2013Experience was wonderful. Great specials. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2013Rack of lamb cooked medium rare to perfection and petite fillet with aujus on the money.Sides of hash browns, mushrooms, broccoli and cream of spinach made dish deliciously complete. Apetizer of 6 oysters was a tease, very good and shrimp cocktail snappy good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!ErinSDined on 8/5/2013Me and my husband have eaten here twice and both times had a great experience. Our watress was so sweet and attentive. We didn't have to wait long for our appetizers and meals. I am pregnant and needed my petit filet cooked well but they cooked it so perfect it didn't ruin the integrity of the steak. The homemade Mac & cheese is delightful! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The experience was great.WayloVIPDined on 8/2/2013The experience was great. Food and service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood placeemberDined on 7/28/2013In the wasteland called the Bronx, this restaurant stands out as a great place to go for everyday dining or an event. The steak is excellent as was the tuna and our waitress was the old-fashioned kind-attentive, efficient and very nice. Kudos to Jake for maintaining such high standards. The valet parking is a great touch.Special Features:
- Good Steak HouseGoodVIPDined on 7/27/2013All i can say is that everything from the service to the food was great. Prices are fair and this is a winner.Special Features:
- Everything was ok...just ok.kaylin2012Dined on 7/27/2013Everything was ok...just ok. We started w/ bruschetta and Cesar salad, followed by T-Bone steak and sides of fries and mushrooms. The only thing better than fair? The sauteed mushrooms - very good! The service was 'good' but 'fake good'. It felt forced and rehearsed...a bit strange and uncomfortable. We are frequent diners at steakhouses throughout nyc and when traveling. Sorry, but Jake's didn't measure up for us, and we have no desire to return or recommend.Special Features:
- Worth our ridecjjjdeckDined on 7/21/2013When we have a special occasion (like Birthday, Anniversary, etc), we think of Jake's. We found this wonderful restaurant when my son was running cross country events in Van Cortlandt Park. After one event, we had lunch there. We liked it so much that the server (the owner's nephew) recommended we try coming for dinner sometime. We did and this became one of our "special" restaurants, well worth the 40 minute drive! We love the casual atmosphere, the great, friendly, professional waitstaff and of course the high quality aged steaks at a bit below the "Manhattan's Finest" pricing. It has a great wine selection and an exceptional draft beer selection with a good number of local and regional craft beers (right up my alley!!!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly a local gem. WhetherWayloVIPDined on 7/19/2013Truly a local gem. Whether having a sandwich at the bar or sitting down for a full dinner, you are assured of having a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Steaks in the BronxOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2013We made reservations at Jake's with plenty of notice, but the table they gave us was awful. In what may be a first for us in NYC, however (we're not from here originally), when we spoke up, they actually cared how we felt about it, and moved us to another one, right by the window! The staff was attentive and helpful. The steaks were very nice, up there with Manhattan steakhouses if not 100% there, although I'll say the creamed spinach was actually better than the creamed spinach I almost caused a brawl once by sending back at Sparks. The view of Van Cortlandt Park across the street was agreeable, and the atmosphere inside was laid back, but not subdued. We'll go back again, no problem.Special Features:
- Food and service was outstandingWayloVIPDined on 7/13/2013Food and service was outstanding . Downtown quality with uptown prices. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the special salad andWayloVIPDined on 7/5/2013Had the special salad and the bone-in filet. A real treat. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything on the menu isWayloVIPDined on 6/28/2013Everything on the menu is great....whether is the steaks, seafood or their special salads. The wait staff makes the experience perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was outstandinWayloVIPDined on 6/22/2013The food and service was outstanding. The special salads are always worth a try.Special Features:
- Great Steaks in the BronxCeeKayNYVIPDined on 6/22/2013Love Jakes! We usually go for steak, though the burgers and short ribs are also very good. Don't miss the bacon appetizer.Special Features:
- Father's Day DinnerBlueSmokeFanDined on 6/16/2013We are great fan's of Jakes. My husband and family have been going there for more than 5 years and I can tell you that the food, service and atmosphere is always great. Jake's is fit to go up against the best NY steakhouses. I have brought many of my friends there as well and they are always impressed with the quality of the food and the warm, friendly atmosphere. Keep up the good work Jake's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Had a great time,food was excellent. Waitress knew her menu of the day, very attentive towards my family and I. Had a great Father's Day.Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy but watch the tipSayWordMelVIPDined on 6/16/2013Had a great meal with friendly staff at a great price. Just be careful, the waiter 'accidentally' doubled my 20% tip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about the eveningWayloVIPDined on 6/15/2013Everything about the evening was totally enjoyable. Food and service was top rate. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great experience!HansolopezDined on 6/8/2013Jakes is a must visit. I had never been there but had always past by it, as I work in the area. I decided that I wanted to propose to my girlfriend at this beautiful establishment. I made the reservation and asked for a window seat overlooking the park. They obliged my request. The service was excellent. The staff was courteous and knowlegable. The food was very good. The only thing that I would say is that I asked for my filet mignon med well...its supposed to be pink in the middle but it was a little tiny overcooked. Next time I'll order medium and all will be good. I definitely recommend Jakes if you have $100-180 for two.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/8/2013Great neighborhood place, also worth a special trip from else ware. High quality meats at a very good price, good, friendly service. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- STEAK AT ITS BESTdutchman87Dined on 5/31/2013There were only 7 or 8 steak choices and that is the right amount of options for me. The shell steak au poivre was one of the best I have ever eaten. The atmosphere was perfect for spending the night with two great fraternity brothers. The staff was excellent and they didn't push the extras that often go unfinished at a steakhouse. The portion sizes were just right also. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJennDined on 5/25/2013I've heard about Jakes steakhouse but I never had the chance to go. Me and my fiancé finally went and loved everything! From their wine to teir appetizers to every last bite of our entree. Even the bus boy was amazing filling up our water glasses without us calling him over! I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic New York SteakhouseTownandCountryVIPDined on 5/20/2013Great area of the Bronx, easy to get to, valet parking. Worth a stop when you are near George Washington Bridge area. Great steaks, appetizers and specials. Best T bone steak I've had in ages, one of my favorite steaks and often hard to find. Servers and staff are courteous and friendly whether its your first visit or one of many. A true NYC classic. One of my favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jake's is my favorite placeWayloVIPDined on 5/17/2013Jake's is my favorite place in the Bronx. Food and service is always top rate. Very accommodating staff. Never disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GemCamiloDined on 5/12/2013This was my third time going to jake's steakhouse and it was such a great experience as were my first two. The food is delicious, their steaks are to die for and you always come back for those crostini's they are so good. A very nice restaurant with more than reasonable prices for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was the best.WayloVIPDined on 5/12/2013Food and service was the best. Will be returning this week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time to the restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2013First time to the restaurant. I found the food to be very good. Service was a tad slow but I think that was due to some large tables being seated right arouind the same time. Very good experience and the server was very nice and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great steakhouse.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013I was delighted overall with Jakes. a friendly server and was more than helpful. Food was delicious and quite substantial. Sides are very reasonably priced so all in all it is the best steakhouse in the locality by a long shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. A special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/8/2013Great food. A special treat to come to jakes. All the food is just incredible. Never disappointsSpecial Features:
- GreatGoodEatsVIPDined on 5/5/2013Always good food. I like the down stairs for dinning. I am a fan!!Special Features: