Bronx, NY 10471Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jakessteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7185810182
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Private catering available please call for details
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
A word from Jake's Steakhouse
Jake's is a Zagat Rated casual steakhouse in the Riverdale section of the Bronx offering the finest steaks, chops & seafood in NYC. Our staff is attentive & professional. In addition to our great food we have an extensive craft beer selection as well as a great wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Jake's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Jake's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (24)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Awful.SteakEaterDined on 3/22/2014After about 20 minutes of looking at the menu, we we're tired of waiting for the waiter to come take our order. We had to call her over and ask her to take our order. The food took literally 1 hour to get to the table and the half of the food was room temperature when it arrived at the table. We went for a birthday, so we asked for the waiter to do the typical restaurant desert w/candle thing. We eventually got a 3" diameter by 1.5" high chocolate cake with a candle, which the birthday boy didn't like because he doesn't like chocolate. When we got our bill, they charged us $9 for the cake & candle, that again the birthday boy didn't like. If they were going to charge us, you should ask exactly what he wants! Overall, terrible experience.
- The food was excellent. OurBallzgotw8Dined on 3/14/2014The food was excellent. Our waitress was very attentive & on top of everything. The ambiance was nice. I'd recommend the surf & turfSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDyssaleighDined on 3/9/2014This is one of the best steakhouses that I have been to. My date and I ordered the Porterhouse for Two, delicious, with a lot to bring home. The Clams Oregenato appetizer was possibly my favorite part of the meal, prepared perfectly. The Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Creamed Spinach were also wonderful. Very delighted about how good the sides were, because I have noticed most great steakhouses do not always have the best sides just focusing on the meat. It is definitely going to be an expensive dinner but 100% worth it for the food and service. Would be perfect if the entree actually came with sides rather then having to add on. $150 bill for 2 glasses of wine, 1 app., Porterhouse for Two, two sides, and 1 dessert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jakes and Steaks by the ParkMerlinDined on 3/9/2014I had a late lunch at Jakes last Wednesday at bar and service was great with Chris. I then had the chance to have an early lunch and was then served by Daryl at the table. Both experiences are a prime example of quality food and exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!!! SteakSaYjRMDDined on 3/8/2014Great experience!!! Steak prepared to perfection. Would definetley come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steaks are excellent.richieKDined on 3/8/2014The steaks are excellent. Very high quality especially for the price. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the BronxReenieCDined on 3/7/2014Jakes has the best streaks and is a gem. The personnel in the restaurant are all friendly and give great service.It is also a great restaurant if you are tagging along and don't neccisarily like stake. They have plenty of other dishes that are just as delicious. I would recommend the Chicken Leno which is unique and delicious. Their shell stieak and lamb are also quite outstanding.Special Features:
- AFFABLE, HELPFUL AND FRIENDLYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2014AFFABLE, HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF. EXCELLENT FILET MIGNONSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NightWayloVIPDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed Jake's last Friday night which also happened to be the night of the Manhattan / Iona game. The place was packed with fans trying to get a bite before the game. Our dinner and service was outstanding. Even though the place was packed, nothing suffered. The staff remained attentive and the food came out PERFECT. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningJulesmayDined on 2/21/2014I absolutely enjoyed my evening at Jakes. Everything was fantastic!!! I would totally recommend this place. It's up to the level of Ruth Chris. Everything was deliciousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible steaks and appetizers.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Incredible steaks and appetizers. Mildly disappointing sides. Excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistencyTimothy120Dined on 2/15/2014Year after year you get the same at Jakes in the Bronx... And that's not a negative! My girlfriend and I always get the Porterhouse for two which is consistently phenomenal. The wine list is great and the tap beer choices are excellent. We always seem to get seated on the 3rd floor which overlooks Van Cortlandt Park. The only downside we ever encounter there is that the atmosphere is not very conducive for a quiet, romantic dinner. There are usually raucous groups there that can be somewhat annoying. Also, The tables by the windows in the winter are very drafty and when the heat comes on it can get a bit uncomfortable. Still, overall, this is my favorite steak house and a "once a month" stop for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!UMS10465Dined on 2/15/2014We ordered a Porterhouse, New York Strip, and a few Filets with several sides. The steaks were all fantastic and all of the food was cooked perfectly - the spinach was outstanding. Wine recommendations were great. It is a little pricey but the atmosphere is great for catching up with friends or a night out. The service was spot on - not rushed or overbearing at all. A definite must in the Bronx!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back soon!LSam51Dined on 2/15/2014Me and my family loved it here! Great food! The steaks were great and my daughter loved her lobster! We'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and a cold beerCharcoalCityDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I went out for a quiet night together, celebrating our first anniversary, and we picked Jake"s. We have been here before and loved the food and ambience. They have a great selection of beers and wines. My wife had a pear beer and I had a Sam's Winter. We had an appetizer of mussels fra diavolo and we each had a filet mignon. We also shared a side of mashed potatoes. All was amazing. The only small complaint I would have is that my steak was probably resting a bit too long and was not very warm. All came up to around $170. Great Night, Great Food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great porterhouse steak for two!SteveDined on 1/25/2014The porterhouse steak for was definitely the high point of the meal; excellent beef cooked to perfection. The sides were not as memorable. The service was excellent. We were seated immediately upon arrival in a booth upstairs as I had requested. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. Our water glasses were kept filled and the silverware and plates removed promptly after each course. Timing was good not rushed though the restaurant was very busy. My only compliant is that it was so loud! it was not easy to hear one another speak without raising one's voice. The free valet parking was a nice plus.Special Features:
- Cozy night outScrumptiousDined on 1/24/2014Our waiter was very friendly, very knowledgeable. He made our experience there a lot of fun. Our steaks were made to perfection! Love the creamed spinach. As always our dinner was delicious. Barely had room for dessert, Will always come back here for a great steak dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats in RiverdaleMoonglowDined on 1/24/2014Always delicious food. It can get noisy, but that's OK with eaters having a fine time. Good selection of international and local beers. Ask about daily specials, especially chicken corn chowder.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy booth and basketballKatelaDined on 1/18/2014Had a cozy booth in the bar and delicious steaks, lobsters and the bacon app unreal! Must order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jakes steak houseLuvsteakDined on 1/11/2014A nice restaurant with efficient service and a mixed group of patrons. Nothing special. We spent over $200 for two people. One bottle wine, two apps and porterhouse steak for two with two sides followed by a coffee and cappuccino. When considering sides,server assured me that the French fries were fresh and house made. They were not. I received the standard previously frozen tasteless fries you can get at any diner. Applewood bacon was tasty but undercooked. Steak was plentiful and cooked as requested. When comparing Jakes to other NYC steak houses, be advised, jakes does Not serve USDA Prime steaks.Special Features:
- Steak RestaurantNutriciousDined on 1/5/2014Good steak and one of the few best restaurants in Riverdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakLuluDined on 1/4/2014One if the best steaks I have ever eaten!! Been to all the nyc syeakhouses and this was better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to start the new yearJudyNYCVIPDined on 1/1/2014Jake's never fails continue to serve a good steak. The staff is attentive. It's great to have the option in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good as always. ServiceDGpicksDined on 12/31/2013Food was good as always. Service was just ok. We were told to wait for our table (we had a reservation) just couple of minutes. However, we ended up waiting about 40 minutes.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceFoodieDined on 12/31/2013This lovely restaurant provided the perfect setting for an early New Year's Eve dinner for us. The food was excellent, as was the service and ambience. I highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Great Restaurant that never disappoints. Food and service are always a hit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in NYDiana2644Dined on 12/23/2013I love the steak at Jake's! The waiters are amazing and the food is always served hot and exactly the right temperature. I love the filet mignon but tried the porterhouse and that was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good time!johnDined on 12/14/2013had a very good time. the ribs and the porter house were superb. great night all roundSpecial Features:
- Steak lovers, rejoice!BsquareDined on 12/14/2013Jake's never fails continue to serve outstanding steakhouse specialties! We are so lucky to have this gem in our neighborhood. We very rarely bother to go into Manhattan for steaks anymore. Waitstaff are very professional. Awesome martinis! Great beer selection. Prices are in sync with the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceIvetteDined on 12/12/2013I had made reservations at another steakhouse in Manhattan and could not find parking so...I Decided to goggle steakhouses in the Bronx, never did I imagine that the Bronx had such a gem. I was glad everything turned out great. This will be one if our favorite steakhouses to go to. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Times in the BronxDaisyVIPDined on 12/11/2013Jakes is one of my all time favorite restaurants. The steak is outstanding but there are other delicious choices if beef isn't your thing. The service is great and everyone is so friendly. I have never been disappointed and love to bring guests here for a wonderful evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unhappydisapointedDined on 12/6/2013I took my wife here for her birthday expecting a romantic dinner but instead got a loud sports bar. Steak was good but overpriced. If the waitress paid attention to us, she would have gotten another bottle of wine out of us. Definitely not going back.
- Great Food always!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2013The food is always great and better yet, consistant. Most days i give it 5 stars throughout but when its crowded, the downstairs is so loud. Ask to sit upstairs. Waiter was awesome but food was a little slow bc there was a party upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably the best food inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/29/2013Probably the best food in the Riverdale area. Overall, a really excellent steakhouse by any NYC standard.Special Features:
- I thought the dinner was overpricedCarousingDined on 11/29/2013I thought the dinner was overpriced, although I had a filet mignon with a bone and it was quite thick,but had a lot if fat. I had the lump crab as an appetizer, it was cold, I didn't know that it would be served cold. Service was good. The steak should have been delicious but it wasn't .
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/17/2013Jake's Steakhouse is a wonderful gem in the Bronx. The food is excellent and so is the service. Everyone is so friendly. Drinks, wine list and deserts also excellent. We will definitely make it a regular stop.Special Features:
- Mushrooms were bland and tastelessOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013Mushrooms were bland and tasteless and garlic mashed potatoes lacked garlic. Drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best Steak Houses in NYCBertomarilioDined on 11/2/2013Lucky to have such a gem of a neighborhood restaurant serving the best steaks in the Bronx, and one of the best in NYC. Great service, park views during the changing seasons, great bar, valet parking, and accessibility. They have their own Wi-Fi, great wines, and selction of beers. Whether you plan on a family gathering, romantic evening, or a Sport Bar event, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very good, andsk45Dined on 11/2/2013The food is very good, and the service is excellent. The only thing that stops me from saying this place is superb and recommending it for almost all occasions is the noise level. If the restaurant is full, it's almost impossible to talk to others in your party. All diners resort to shouting which, of course, only increases the noise. If you can go there early or on an evening when there are not a lot of other diners, you'll have a first rate experience. Otherwise be prepared to shout and be shouted at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence in romance!lili23cDined on 11/1/2013I took my husband for his 50th birthday and it bought backthe romance of our 1st date. Great food and atmosphere. My only disappointment was that w/the reservation, I advised that I was celebrating his 50th birthday; they should have acknowledged it. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it! In short, loved the experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.