200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafecentrony.com/
- Phone: 2128181222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Call Sharon Collebello at 212-949-8248.
A word from Café Centro
Café Centro is a bustling midtown brasserie with a stylish look that echoes the glamour of Paris in the 1930's. Guests can watch our chef as he prepares French-inspired cuisine with Mediterranean accents and sear top quality steaks. Pastry chef Ken Larsen's sumptuous desserts are not to be missed. The well priced wine list has received numerous Wine Spectator awards and has been voted "Best Beaujolais Bistro". Regular wine dinners are well attended. The attached Beer Bar is a great place for New York’s best burger, a casual lunch or to unwind over craft beers and cocktails. For parties of 12 or more please call our Catering Department 212-949-8248.Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.Continued
The Patina Restaurant Group (http://www.patinagroup.com)
The Patina Restaurant Group (http://www.patinagroup.com)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Café Centro reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (71)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (27)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)romantic (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Nice place - dependableEELGVIPDined on 3/12/2014Cafe Centro is a perfect spot if you'd like a quiet, elegant meal with good food in the GCT area. They accommodate groups, and the service is always excellent. Unlike many other pretentious places, they will seat you at your table for a cocktail before your whole group is present, and the food is consistently very good.Special Features:
- ExcellentCatherineDined on 3/12/2014A great spot right next to Grand Central Terminal in the Met Life bldg...The food, service, etc. is excellent and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent prix fixeel515VIPDined on 3/8/2014we had the salmon tartare to start, short ribs with mashed potatoes and carrots for the main course, and the molten chocolate cake w/ ice cream for dessert. all were delicious and the service was excellent as well.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014We met my son her for his bday dinner and it was lovely!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining oasis at Grand CentralIslander650Dined on 3/6/2014Cafe Centro is extremely convenient, on 45th street at Grand Central. You can feel the floor vibrate when the trains pass underneath! Although the space is large, it is well-designed to give a sense of several small, more intimate dining areas, one with a fireplace, others with a street view or kitchen view through a large glass wall. The bar is separate from the dining area, so there's no ambient noise from the commuter crowd. We were offered a nice corner booth -- perfect for two. There was an interesting range of menu choices for each course. Everything we ordered was delicious. Our excellent server knew the menu and was able to answer all our questions. We have added Cafe Centro to our short list of good places to eat in Midtown.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly ExcellentcriticVIPDined on 3/5/2014I've always seemed to wind up at this handsome, airy restaurant based on the convenience of its location (in the Met Life Building, adjacent to Grand Central). But every time I go, I have the same reaction---surprise at how flat out terrific the food is. For most people, this is not a destination restaurant, but it ought to be. A wide ranging French bistro menu with some Morrocan accents and classic steakhouse choices offers something for everyone, including super, house-made desserts. All presented by warm, professional servers. Go and be surprised yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant week dinnerAvendesoraDined on 3/4/2014I went to the restaurant with my colleagues for a team dinner last night and it was a very pleasant experience. The food was excellent (we had the restaurant week menu) and the wine was also very good! The service was more than adequate, even though our server managed to recommend all of the items on the menu that were at an additional price... There was another group sitting close by us and they were being very loud, which was a little unfortunate. Overall everyone had a great time and I was happy to have picked the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RevisitedALS1Dined on 2/28/2014Cafe Centro was as good as it usually is. We went for restaurant week. The main course portions were smaller tan they usually are for restaurant. Being familiar with this restaurant, I will go back again. They tried to please my party by finding us a table that was acceptable to all four of us. The accommodated special requests in serving and cooking the food. They have great dinner deals on weekday and Saturday nights. Lunch can be somewhat hectic but at diner restaurant is not as crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a mid-town restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Classy, elegant and friendly with top notch service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatPKleinbergDined on 2/19/2014Went to lunch and had a great meal. The salmon tartare is excellent and generously proportioned. Glad to see this restaurant has maintained its standards. Elliot Spitzer sat in the booth next to mine. Power lunching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceable salad with good servicefoodiefirstDined on 2/19/2014great location...punctual and efficient service.... pricey for what it is... but very convenient
- Birthday on Valentines!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014My friend and I had a wonderful time here on Valantines Day, since it also happened to be her 21st birthday. After booking a reservation, in the comments section, I asked for there to be a special message included with the dessert acknowledging my friends birthday. It was wonderful when her dessert came out wishing her a Happy 21st Birthday, also having been adorned with a little candle just for a little extra finesse. The food was great, and the ambiance even more so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tarryhill MTarryhillVIPDined on 2/14/2014Never disappoints! Very professional service, good ambiance,large dining room makes getting a last minute table possible, food well presented and well prepared. Desserts are a hit too. Consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place for a quiet dinneCCNYCVIPDined on 2/6/2014I gather this place rocks with the business lunch crowd, but I've got to say it's pretty quiet for a dinner with a friend or friends. We can hear each other and the food is consistently very good and often excellent. My go to place near Grand Central for dinner.Special Features:
- Consistently first classPatrickDined on 2/1/2014This is our "go to" restaurant for a consistently first class dining experience. Excellent food and outstanding service from a professional and courteouos staff.. Don't heslitage, in fact, go out of your way to make a reservation soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, location, .locationSteveDined on 1/31/2014Right in the MetLife building, but we were pleasantly surprised that this restaurant went WAY beyond just location. Delicious, gracious service, everyone very friendly, and we got out in plenty of time for our Bway show.Special Features:
- Fresh, fun and friendlyHikergirlDined on 1/30/2014Pleasant environment, attentive service, and fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambience!diningmomDined on 1/25/2014Once again we enjoyed a lovely dinner at Cafe Centro. The Saturday pre fixe price of $29.95 is a bargain at this very pretty Patina Group restaurant. Eric, our waiter, is always attentive but allows us time to decide and linger. It's still our favorite!Special Features:
- Warm & lively atmosphereMskathyDined on 1/24/2014Popped in here after an event downtown on a hideously freezing night so we could jump on a train at Grand Central afterward. We were delighted with the dinner. They had a great - well-priced - 'cold weather' selection of entrees. We both had the beef bourguignon which was delightful. The crusty bread was excellent. Waitress was helpful and efficient and the chef was nice enough to sub a veggie for the potato in my husband's entree. The room is large, well-lit and bustling, with a welcoming fireplace in one area. A wall of windows allows you to watch the freezing commuters rushing down the street and into Grand Central. We really enjoyed our dinner and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business VenueTheWallStreetPoetDined on 1/23/2014Again recommending this quiet and well-run restaurant for commercial discussions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet business breakfastMattyhsVIPDined on 1/21/2014Great place to discuss business over breakfast. Quiet, comfortable, and overpriced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value for food and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014I come here whenever I am in midtown for the excellent value prix fixe menu and attentive service. Decent wine selection by glass. Regular menu also good. Noise can be issue when busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a business lunchBusinessExecDined on 1/16/2014Excellent for a business lunch - bright, comfortable, warm, friendly service and great foodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner on the 15th andHappyRandyVIPDined on 1/15/2014Had dinner on the 15th and breakfast on the 16th. Dinner was good , not great. Breakfast on the 16th was outstanding. One of the best omelet I have had in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Meal, Wonderful WaiterMamaGDined on 1/13/2014Went with my daughter for dinner. Food was very good. The vegetable soup tasted homemade, and the mussels were abundant and fresh. Also loved my fish. What we really enjoyed was talking to our waiter. It was one of those experiences we usually have when we travel, talking others about how they live and what drives them. Our waiter was an immigrant and his story was delightful. He had such a happy disposition -- and was spot-on with service, too. I've eaten here many times (on my way through Grand Central), usually for business meetings, and it's always good. But best overall for a business crowd, I think.Special Features:
- Great food and service. Wonderfulmews4598VIPDined on 1/10/2014Great food and service. Wonderful central meeting points. Never fails to impress!Special Features:
- Always enjoyable, this isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/10/2014Always enjoyable, this is a great place to meet friends. Good food and never rushed. Easy to reach from Grand Central and no need to go outside on bad weather days.Special Features:
- Great for Business LunchDinerDined on 1/9/2014An energetic atmosphere and great place to take clients for lunch, with a wide menu and something for every taste. Great service.Special Features:
- Superb Business BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/6/2014This is just a superb spot for a business breakfast. No rush, plenty of space, excellent service, food is first class and the location could not be more convenient. Cannot recommend it highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snowy BreakfastnonicknameVIPDined on 1/3/2014Six of us at by the fireplace and had a fabulous breakfast, while NYC got six inches of snow...perfect for hot chocolate and a great breakfast meeting.Special Features:
- Bistro of NYCBird2Dined on 1/2/2014Excellent food in the bistro style. Very comfortable dining room - widely spaced, generous tables so you can have a private conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service was top notch;OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 12/23/2013food and service was top notch; ambiance/noise level was relaxed and quiet(this was at dinner)-however , be aware it is a totally different atmosphere at lunch-much, much noisier;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Perfect SpotJohncDined on 12/17/2013Great place to have a mid-town lunch meeting. Quick and friendly service. Good menu choices and great prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2013The food is always excellent. The prix fixe is a great bargain. The wait staff was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait till next year....OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/12/2013I usually find this place an acceptable choice, but holiday madness had its effect on this visit. Long wait to check in amidst a crush at the tiny bar area. The place was packed--there was a table for two next to ours, and they sat three people there--meaning that two people in that party were stuffed in on the bench seat in a space meant to accommodate only one, thus encroaching on my space on the bench seat next to them. Our waiter was pleasant but clearly overwhelmed--requests for ice were ignored and requests for bread had to be made twice. The food was okay although a number of items on the menu were not available. I will think twice before returning.
- Great spot in a great location!NapoletanoDined on 12/12/2013Because of its proximity to GCT, one might think this would be a "tourist special" Not so! Outstanding restaurant, great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovering Cafe CentoAnne32963Dined on 12/12/2013When my office was in this area, I used Cafe Centro frequently for both lunch and dinner. In the last few years, I forgot about it. But a recent dinner will put this lovely place back on my dining map. Service was excellent, lots of varied choices for dinner - the Moroccan chicken appetizer had great blend of spices, but not too much fire. it could easily be a main course. Wine selection very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French waiter with no respectdpedrazzDined on 12/12/2013Terrible service. Booked for a business lunch with a client. We were continuously interrupted by our waiter whose primary goal was to get us out as soon as possible.... Rude.... I can hardly believe this person had a french accent.... he evidently never worked in Europe as he would have not survived one day in the business
- Right outside of Grand Central StWeejobsVIPDined on 12/11/2013Very convenient spot in the MetLife Building. You don't even have to leave Grand Central Station. Good food, excellent service and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a Business BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/10/2013patrons were placed well apart allowing for a comfortable business conversation. Food was quickly served, and the wait staff attentive, but not hoveringI would recommend this to a friend.