Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
2332 Leonard St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelzaza.com/#dallas/dragonfly
- Phone: 2145509500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Landsberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The ultimate, Uptown experience is extended to accommodate beautiful private and semi-private parties, lavish celebrations and private business meetings. Each of our rooms deliver a memorable Zaza experience with unique cuisine and impeccable service in an upscale atmosphere. Please call for details 214-550-9476.
- Entertainment: SIP & SPIN WITH DRAGONFLY EACH FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Sip cocktails while Dallas's top local DJs spin house favorites in Dragonfly Modern American Kitchen each Friday & Saturday night from 10pm-2am. For inquiries regarding bottle service and the weekly DJ lineup, please call 214.550.9500.
- Special Events: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. All groups 10 people or more, require a preset menu. Please contact us for additional details. Please call 214-550-9500 for large parties and special events.
A word from Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
With a newly redesigned menu, Dragonfly takes a playful twist on traditional modern American food classics. The updated culinary and design direction offers an experience accessible to all tastes, while delivering the same unsurpassed quality, creativity and artistic edge for which Hotel ZaZa is known. Chef Landsberg's menu uses the freshest foods of the season from local suppliers, as well as incorporating specialties from the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)romantic (30)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (28)late-night find (12)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- great food and service. alsomoneemanDined on 9/28/2013great food and service. also great drinks. ambiance was very lively and there was a great crowd!Special Features:
- Memorable Dallas DiningScot76Dined on 9/27/2013Fall Friday in Dallas>>>From gracious greeting through happy, busling bar scene to more relaxed, quieter fine dining, an evening to remember. Great food, beautifully presented, unhurried service, fabulous ambience. Can't wait to revisit Dragonfly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itDancingwithloveDined on 9/25/2013Fantastic food and libations, friendly service. I will be going back!Special Features:
- Great Food & AtmosphereAprildinerDined on 9/21/2013The food was excellent and it's a fun place to go to!Special Features:
- Amazing food, knowledgeableDahlillamaDined on 9/12/2013Amazing food, knowledgeable staff, prompt and tentative service. Food was executed perfectly and was bursting with great flavors that worked well and complimented each other greatly. Went here to celebrate wife's birthday and we were blown away. Together we have over 25 years in the restaurant industry, and have eaten at some amazing restaurants all over the country as well as worked in a few as well. We have to say that this is top five. Chef Dan Lansburg came out to the table to great us and talk about the food and gave us some recommendations, which we gladly followed! He has a great knowledge for food, flavor, and freshness. His menu reflects that perfectly. Thanks to him and thanks to Dragonfly for a great start to a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zaza's got all- at a price;)JanelleDined on 8/24/2013I celebrated my birthday at Dragonfly. The restaurant decor was classy and well arraigned. The service was average, not five star. It was what you'd expect from TGIF. Don't go to the Dragonfly with less than $200, prices are not for cheap / budget concious. The food was perfect, well seasoned and great presentation. I loved the adjoining bar/ pool-side lounge that was wonderful for few drinks after dinner. Zaza is where all the beautiful people of Dallas want to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyLASDDined on 8/22/2013Dragonfly was a lively spot, with spirited customers. My hubby and I were looking for a place to have his 40th birthday dinner, if we were able to get the intimate wine room it could possibly work, other than that, more of a bar scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always the food was greathal52VIPDined on 8/22/2013As always the food was great and the bartender superb. The wait staff is on top of things and they have a cooperative atmosphere among all the staff and managers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2013Perfect evening...great food, wine and conversation. There were six of us in the party for a Girls Night Out. We were seated in the Wine Room and we felt like celebrities. It was so nice to be able to have a conversation where we all could hear each other. The staff was awesome. And the food was delicious. They checked on us periodically to make sure we were doing okay, that the food was okay and that the temperature was okay. We're looking forward to a return visit in the Wine Room!!!!Special Features:
- Definitely a let downOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2013We went on a double date for dinner on a Friday night, at 8:30. All four of us ordered from the restaurant week menu and the food was terrible! Our 4th course was a joke, consisting of one scallop on top of a quarter size slice of honeydew. My main course wasn't any better, 3 not even lukewarm rubbery ravioli with no sauce and 4 shrimp. My boyfriend hasn't stopped telling everyone how awful his was since then and how noisy the restaurant was. A very expensive very disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great night of fun!DragonflyDined on 8/15/2013The staff was excellent the food was marvelous and hotel ZaZa is great one of the best places in Dallas to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VanillaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013Something was missing. Nothing gave me that wow factor that would make me come back.
- Amazing good timeNedlogDined on 8/10/2013Great food. Excellent friendly and helpful staff. Noah's arc is a must try. Great decor and fun atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Staff ServiceNiCoL3V1139Dined on 8/10/2013We had exellent service at the Dragonfly. The salmon was delicious! The "Big Flirt" was the best drink I have ever had! I highly recommend everyone to try it. My husband even liked it, so when he ordered it the waitress put it in a manly glass for him so he didn't look girly :) I thought that was very sweet of her. The restaurant was beautiful and very uniquely decorated. We will be back again ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening, great serviced2dinerDined on 8/1/2013Dragonfly has never let me down in good food, great attention and good service. If you're in town and want a dinner in a consistently trendy restaurant, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Not So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2013The food was the problem here. We had the chicken and waffles and the tamales with fried eggs. The waffles were soggy and the tamale was very doughy like it had not been cooked enough. We also had a plate of berries and melon that had been sitting on a plate in a very cold frig as the melon was old and almost frozen. I would not return to this establishment.
- OkG8dineDined on 7/13/2013We've been there twice and the first time was a better experience due to service and timeliness on the order. This time the reservation was not ready in time we were seated 45 mintyrsafter our reservation. Additionally, the dinner order took too long arrive. Atmosphere is great just expect to have 3-4 hours for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were fles around ourSimone1VIPDined on 7/9/2013There were fles around our table the entire time. We tried to get the waiter to help however had no interest. Our lunch meeting was interupted the entire time. It was an embarrasement for me since these were clients I invited.Special Features:
- Food was good, not outstandingtapperDined on 7/4/2013Great service, nice environment, but the food did not live up to expectations. Tenderloin was average, and chewy. Whole fish was good. Service was excellent. It was a nice dinner, I just had higher expectations on the food.Special Features:
- Great, but not AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/30/2013Our visit to Dragonfly's was a great dinner. Our service was great, the food was great, and the restaurant was great. But nothing stood out. I will go back for dinner or something, but it's nothing spectacular. Maybe it's because I ate at Dakota's Steakhouse a couple of days ago, and EVERYTHING was perfect. So I guess I was expecting more. Great place to eat, but a second tier restaurant compared to Dakota's.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch - LIke in Hollywood!WorldwideEaterVIPDined on 6/23/2013Sunday brunch with great food and babes in bikini's lining the pool. Felt like being at a Hollywood hotel, yet very chill.Special Features:
- Great place and fun ambience!G8dineDined on 6/22/2013Great place and fun ambience! The food was great too!Special Features:
- 1st visitJkm5150Dined on 6/22/2013First time here. Staff was all very friendly attentive professional and accommodating. We asked for a dish not on the menu and was given an excellent meal. Thank you we will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceScottcorlessDined on 6/15/2013After a small error regarding my reservation, I met Alex and several of his staff. The service was impeccable, the food was excellent. I had a great evening and will be sure to visit again whenever I am in town.Special Features:
- Summer FunabryannDined on 6/2/2013Perfect pool side table and the food was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Tucked Away Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2013I love Hotel ZaZa, and I love the card reader that is there. However, this is about the restaurant. The food is a little pricey, but its seasoned well, and is delicious. If you are cost efficient, you will complain. But, on your splurge day, come here. The Noah's Ark appetizer is plentiful and delicious. I ordered a nice filling salad for my entree. My other family members had a fish that appeared to be in a soup bowl with some sort of tomato soup...it was good, and a steak dinner that was filling and cooked to perfection. We celebrated a birthday, and our waiter was kind enough to bring her out some cake and ice cream. An act of kindess....I love it!!! Go see the card reader....ON POINT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchBilly525VIPDined on 5/20/2013Nice lunch; nothing notable. Food was good, but not outstanding. Service was nice, but nothing extraordinary. Will we return? Probably not, but not because anything was bad. I suppose because nothing stood out to make us want to return.
- Another Gr8 Night @ ZaZa/DragonflyColleyvilleDeanVIPDined on 5/17/2013Each time we have a date night at ZaZa we always have dinner at Dragonfly. This last trip was no exception and the meal as always was great. Our table was ready when we arrived and thus we were seated and attentive service began. We ordered the cheese board (not on the menu) as we always do and it was great. We both had seafood (different dishes) both were amazing. We order wine off the reserve/special wine list as we found a bottle that was/is very hard to come by and it turned out to be a real gem of wine. We sat and chatted and didn't have any issues hearing each other over the other dinners. Upon finishing dinner we stopped by the bar and picked up a couple of cocktails before heading to the pool area where a great crowd was amassed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and serviceItdependsVIPDined on 5/16/2013Went with a group of 11 people and everyone was very impressed by the service, food, and ambiance. In addition the Martini's were very good and a wide range. They also have a casual outdoor bar area in addition to the trendy bar inside.Special Features:
- Hip and Beuatiful Decor, Food okWinedoctorVIPDined on 5/12/2013The restaurant is beautiful and interesting. The food was good, not great. The service was below average. I would not return.
- Fun, delicious... but weird setupAnghoughVIPDined on 5/12/2013We were seated at a table next to the doors leading out to the crowded pool area. It was a HUGE distraction - all the people coming in and out of those doors. With both waitstaff and customers entering and exiting 5 feet from our table, we had difficulty focusing on dinner. If we go again, next time we'll ask for a table far AWAY from the loggia doors. Food was perfect - couldn't have asked for anything else, with the portion size and flavor being over the top, we definitely were pleased. We decided to split each other's plates, and the kitchen made sure to divide our dishes on two plates, which was convenient. Also enjoyed the wine and cocktail menu... My wine was incredible. Yes, we'll probably try again.Special Features:
- Not up to expectationsHighExpectationDined on 5/12/2013I expected a much better food quality and dining experience. It's a beautiful building and very nice looking, so raised my expectation. The eggs benedict were very average and the egg was overdone. The service was OK, but nothing to write home about. I would not come here again.
- Delicious findJohannaDined on 5/11/2013I ate outside near the spa. It was very beautiful and the ambiance was perfect. The retro light bulbs are outside and inside and they are perfect lighting. The food was amazing!! I had the wheatbread pizza, the shrimp and chive appetizer, the slice of ice, and the panna cotta. If I still had room I would have tried an entree. I will be coming back to try even more. The chef is creative with his menu and the creations are delicious. I tried to go again on Sunday but I ran out of time. I will absolutely eat here every time I am in Dallas!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to Dragonfly!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/11/2013We started our evening at the bar. Great service! Then we moved to our table. We had waitress with an absolutely horrible attitude, she obviously didn't want to be there - very abrupt, no smiles, no talking about the menu - just what do you want.... We started our meal with caesar salads. The dressing was like water. The chef had dumped an inordinate amount of breadcrums on the salad. We were not offered pepper, and none was on the table. We sent the salads back as they were unedible. The quality of our steaks was mediocor at best. We asked for pepper, and the waitress came back and slammed a tiny pepper shaker on our table and left. We will never go back. I urge everyone to avoid this restaurant.
- Mother's Day Saturday NightThomDined on 5/11/2013Took my daughter and wife out for an early Mother's Day dinner. Dragonfly more than lived up to expectations. We went early which we were glad of since it was getting crowded when we left at 8:30.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal FoodLeiaHDined on 5/4/2013Good looking and tentative wait staff, phenomenal food and cocktails, perfect late night ambience! Great Saturday Night Out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extremely poor experienceToniDined on 4/30/2013We were seated next to the still room couldn't enjoy our dinner because of all the cutlery being cleaned. The food was not good at all, we had the chicken which was extremely dry and overcooked and the fish was a bit better but not up to the standards of a privileged restaurant like dragonfly. Our waiter was below average. We waited for 45 minutes to have our food served. Quite frankly I was extremely disappointed with the overall experience.
- decent food, underwhelming serviceChuckVIPDined on 4/28/2013Dumplings/Zaza salad-excellent. Tatertots/Calamari salad-good. Salad is mislabeled (more like fried calamari app). Steak/Lamb chops-excellent. Ice cream cookie sandwich - fair. Pre-prepped cookies not cooked to order & lacked enough ice cream. Drinks at bar were solid. Left restaurant with a bad taste in my mouth when bill came. Wife ordered two appetizers and a side for a dinner. They instead brought a dinner portioned lamb dinner (charging us double in the process). Didn't say anything when the bill came, but when you're spending $100/head, you don't expect to deal with this sneakiness. All in all, food is solid, but could be better. Decent service, rated subpar after bill shenanigans.
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Everything was as perfect as can be, the server Michael was great and the food was excellent!!!Special Features:
- The food was well preparedtwo4dinnerDined on 4/19/2013The food was well prepared and presented. The portions were small, but filling for a female appetite. The ambiance was stunning. The drinks were pricey and no happy hour feature. Great romantic experience overall.Special Features: