Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
2332 Leonard St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelzaza.com/#dallas/dragonfly
- Phone: 2145509500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Landsberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The ultimate, Uptown experience is extended to accommodate beautiful private and semi-private parties, lavish celebrations and private business meetings. Each of our rooms deliver a memorable Zaza experience with unique cuisine and impeccable service in an upscale atmosphere. Please call for details 214-550-9476.
- Entertainment: SIP & SPIN WITH DRAGONFLY EACH FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Sip cocktails while Dallas's top local DJs spin house favorites in Dragonfly Modern American Kitchen each Friday & Saturday night from 10pm-2am. For inquiries regarding bottle service and the weekly DJ lineup, please call 214.550.9500.
- Special Events: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. All groups 10 people or more, require a preset menu. Please contact us for additional details. Please call 214-550-9500 for large parties and special events.
A word from Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
With a newly redesigned menu, Dragonfly takes a playful twist on traditional modern American food classics. The updated culinary and design direction offers an experience accessible to all tastes, while delivering the same unsurpassed quality, creativity and artistic edge for which Hotel ZaZa is known. Chef Landsberg's menu uses the freshest foods of the season from local suppliers, as well as incorporating specialties from the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)vibrant bar scene (30)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (28)romantic (26)late-night find (13)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We really enjoyed Easter brunch at the Dragonfly. The food was very good, although it was expensive. Our waiter, Michael, was fabulous - very attentive and entertaining. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great service, drinks & appetizersLdotDined on 4/18/2014In the future when staying at ZaZa, I will only order a snack to hold me over along with cocktails. Our main courses were lacking in flavor, good presentation, decent appetizers, salads were exceptable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, stellar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014Derek (server) was great. Food and wine were supurb. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The food and service were great. The waiter was efficient, friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Go if you want to be seenDes2013VIPDined on 4/13/2014The food was good, but I wouldn't say that it is anything impressive, especially for the price point. It's definitely the type of place you go to if you are staying in the hotel or if you want to be seen by a specific demographic.Special Features:
- Nothing short of phenomenalMaryDined on 4/6/2014I can't gush enough about our experience at Dragonfly. A friend referred our out-of-towner group and we couldn't have made a better decision. With a simply Open Table reservation we were seated in the private wine room for our group because the staff thought our group would be less crowded. It was quiet in our room but we could see the bar and it was quite lively. We had multiple servers and managers checking in on us and never waited or wanted for a thing. The food was excellent, the drinks were creative and delicious and the service was impeccable. I wish I could go every weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprisedOutstandingDined on 4/5/2014Service and food was impeccable. Did not expect this at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food for a quaility price....NotimpressedDined on 4/4/2014Hands down great people watching and fun location. But the food was way over priced and very bland. My $$$$ steak was under seasoned and my $$$$ drink was watered down. I would have been better stay home grilling and opening a bottle of my own. I'll go back for the Tarot card reader but, would eat / drink somewhere else.... if it helps the waiter was really nice :/.Special Features:
- Amazing Ambiance and ServicePsy419Dined on 3/30/2014My wife and I went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary and I must say it was fantastic. The food was all very good, a little small on the portion sizes, but very tasty. The service was excellent as our waiter walked us through most of the menu with his recommendations, and was on top of everything we needed, answering any of our questions easily. I will definitely be back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back!kburkeDined on 3/29/2014Only had an appetizer. .. was ok but could have probably been beget for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!FrankMVIPDined on 3/28/2014We eat at Dragonfly often. It has a vibrant bar scene, but you can still have a quiet dinner in the back dining room if you like. The servers are always extremely attentive, making sure to take care of your needs. The food is sourced with local products and changes with seasons. The food is innovative and delicious. We highly recommend Dragonfly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DatecatyleaDined on 3/13/2014Comfortable, atmosphere and decor. It was not annoying at all. Food pretty spicy, deserts excellent but too small. That can be good thing so you will likely avoid that over eating bloated feeling. Drinks great. I had great company so my attention was more focused on my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari and Scallops, what a pair!yum2tumDined on 3/8/2014First, always make a reservation for the back room. If you get a table by the bar, it will be extremely noisy and loud. The back room however, is very nice and the place to dine. Calamari salad has a taste like none other and is wonderful. We had the Scallops as the entree and ate every last drop. They were fantastic. The Ribeye steak with spinach and goat cheese tater tots were also extremely good. Service was also great, and the wine was wonderful. We will certainly go back for a 3rd visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food was wonderful. The gruyere mac and cheese is a must and the Slice of Ice dessert is amazing! Fantastic service!Special Features:
- Valentine's Day Dinner 2014sdaramDined on 2/15/2014This is a perfect place for valentine's Day Dinner. Great ambiance, great food, and the service was excellent. They even worked with our dietary restrictions and changed the fixed menu. The only reason this wasn't a 5 star was that it was a bit pricey for the vegetarian food we got, and the loud bar scene outside robbed a bit of the romantic feel of the place (but some people might like that). All in all, definitely a place I will recommend and return to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dragon Fly is definetly flyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014One of my top five in Dallas, everything is just so darn good. Service is over the top and the staff really enjoys giving you that great dining experience. Recently ate there back to back nites and they were so consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice little hidden gemDebraVIPDined on 2/14/2014I wonder if Dragonfly has a new manager or something. In the past the service was so-so but this time it was perfect. All of the staff seemed like they wanted to be there and were eager to please their customers. The food was top notch and the noise level was fairly quiet which I genuinely appreciated. I shall return again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to meet with friendsAlanDined on 2/8/2014Nice cozy bar area for before dinner. Dining area is not crowded. Very nice ambiance. In our party of four, everyone had a fantastic meal. Very nice presentation and tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb in all respectsMikeWDined on 2/8/2014Dragonfly provided us with an exceptional dining experience. Small. elegant, intimate, and attentive come to mind. Our server was friendly and efficient. Our meals were top shelf. I will tell friends about Dragonfly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatKaptKDined on 2/7/2014Great late night dinner spot. We love to come here for a late supper after going to the theater !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/7/2014We have been here many times. Always great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedJEngwichtDined on 1/31/2014We've been wanting to try Dragonfly for a while. We'd heard good things about it so decided to go there with a few friends. I was very disappointed with the food selection and what I eventually ordered, a Caesar salad. Not sure how you can mess this up but they did. I wasn't the only one at the table that was disappointed with their meal. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Great FoodParkerDined on 1/18/2014Great food and ambiance for dinner last week. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- EXCELLENTLifrunnerDined on 1/18/2014We had a most wonderful evening. The food, service, ambiance and everything was superb. Being from South Florida, the bar scene reminded me of the fun we've had in some fab places on south beach! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014Place was decent. Food was decent..Had a good experience but probably won't be back soon as I'd rather try out some new restaraunts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2013Nothing was horrible, but nothing was great. They seemed to use quality ingredients, but everything was lacking seasoning. If you're going to forego salt and pepper on the table, your food should be very well seasoned. It wasn't that anything was bad, it just didn't match the price point. The "Cool as a Cucumber" lacked flavor. It felt watered down. The pork belly was dry and the sauce that accompanied it was unbearably salty. The filet with lobster fried rice was the real disappointment. The steak was cooked perfectly, but lacked salt. The mirin Demi glacé was absent. The lobster fried rice had maybe five small bits of lobster. This, too lacked seasoning. Service was lackluster. It was polite, but nothing exceeded any expectations.
- Not so greatjjuptownDined on 12/25/2013Disappointing experience as far as the quality of the food. Salad was bland and the prime rib was not very good. I knew something was really off when we tasted the Creme brûlée and it lacked the crispy topping and had a bad aftertaste. The accompanying biscuit was like eating sand. On the other side of the coin the restaurant was beautiful and the service was fantastic. Will not be going back because we felt the food experience lacked the quality that one would expect for the price.Special Features:
- Disappointing ChristmasAMlawDined on 12/25/2013We went for Christmas dinner. Service was inattentive and overall just poor. Food was not completed. Volcano salt fries were missing any kind of "volcano". Salad was missing dressing. Dessert was not warm as it was named. Overall will not return. Very disappointing especially for the $100.00 per diner price.
- Service could have been betterRagingJediDined on 12/25/2013For the price, you would think that a lunch meal for 3 people would be a slam dunk in terms of food and service.. But after having our entrees cleared, we were left waiting for 30 minutes before someone even addressed us for dessert and drinks. At first it was great and promising - but being overlooked and ignored as he walked past multiple times for other tables was a disappointment. I can only hope this was just a mistake and not typical service - at this level its just unacceptable.Special Features:
- Great MealJFKleisDined on 12/21/2013We were on a time budget and the server was very accommodating. Food was excellent. Dessert menu was a little thin but what we selected was very good. I would definitely go here again!Special Features:
- Awesome nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/28/2013We had dinner in the wine room and it was excellent in every way. The food was very good and the staff was over the top accommodating. We eat out often and this experience will be memorable as one of the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed -this wasCallieDined on 11/28/2013Very disappointed -this was Thanksgiving and we were not happy. The bill was $250....We have been there for dinner before and it was good so we were surprised how expensive and how tasteless the food was
- Great for lunchDallasDinerDined on 11/28/2013Great setting, reasonably priced, food with a nice chef's touch.Special Features:
- Cute sceneHeeseonVIPDined on 11/17/2013Went for brunch with a friend - service was a little slow but other than that, no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambienceRSM2008Dined on 11/12/2013Love Dragonfly's ambience. The food was reasonable. Service has been better on previous occasions.Special Features:
- ZaZa Birthday Surprise!KaiikoDined on 11/9/2013A great Birthday surprise dinner to start the evening adventure for a great friend! Beautiful hotel and can't wait to return to the spa. Now I must make new friends to bring back for another dinning delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food on a Saturday NightFridayfundayVIPDined on 11/1/2013Loved my Pork Belly pops and the whole fish special was wonderful. Succeeded in making brussel sprouts taste fantastic (no easy feat!) I will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TownersjkirtthomasDined on 10/26/2013I had never been to Dragonfly before, but I had a few friends in and thought we would try it. Everyone was beyond lovely! Great food. Excellent bar. I can not wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Dennis1983VIPDined on 10/25/2013Amazing service and great food. We had two managers ask how we were doing and If we needed anything. We will be back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Free Valet with TipsThaxDined on 10/22/2013Best thing is that you dont have to pay for Parking. Fantastic Drinks, great ambiance, great friendly bartenders. I put my credit card down in the bar, and asked to be transferred to the table so I will have only 1 receipt so I can expense it and they closed my check at the bar. Not very professional. Food was cold, and the portions are a little small... If your restaurant look is to be fancy with small portions, dont have a 40 inch TV with football on it. Overall we like it bacause of the drinks. The difference between bar food and dinning food is just the linen of the table. Over 4 different people helped out with our table at the bar first, 1 in the restaurant section. Manager, big guy, was friendly and had it all under control.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.