Trio Rhode Island
15 Kingstown Road
Narragansett, RI 02882Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Trio Rhode Island
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trio-ri.com/
- Phone: 4017924333x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 4pm - 9pm
Friday 4pm - 10pm
Saturday noon - 10pm
Sunday noon - 9pm, with live music on the patio 4 - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Gaudreau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Trio is the ideal setting for private, social and corporate functions accommodating groups up to 40 guests. Our outdoor patio is adjacent to our private dining room creating an enjoyable al fresco space for entertaining. Our experienced staff will assist you in every step of planning your event and will customize each detail to create a unique and memorable experience.
- Private Party Contact: Ashlee Clark 888-759-5557x
A word from Trio Rhode Island
Located just steps from Narragansett Bay, Trio brings the warmth and tradition of Sunday’s family dinner back en vogue. An open-air kitchen showcases wood-fired ovens that emit aromas of basil and freshly baked dough; the wood-fired grill is adorned with chops, steaks and seafood, while pasta is being freshly made before your eyes. Outside, enjoy al fresco dining just steps away from the beach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Trio Rhode Island - Best Restaurants in Narragansett ›
Trio Rhode Island reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)neighborhood gem (89)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (53)good for groups (51)special occasion (50)hot spot (42)kid-friendly (34)scenic view (32)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (27)romantic (25)late-night find (17)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Lovely Easter MealURImomFromPADined on 4/20/2014Super friendly staff accommodated my picky water kids, attentive with beverage refills, menu suggestions, etc. Kid's meals were an excellent value and good "real" food, no processed chicken nuggets, here! I thoroughly enjoyed pork chop meal, and the desserts were to die for. Not my first trip to Trio, and it is quickly becoming a favorite stop when I am in town to visit my daughter at URI. Even a better treat when the weather allows for outdoor dining along the bay. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Sundaymjl63Dined on 4/20/2014Went there on Easter sunday; food was nice and hot, good chowder, sole; waite staff polite and efficient. I asked to replace the rice with mashed potato but rice came anyway. Waitress promptly brought me the mashed potatoes. Would go back again.Special Features:
- "Trio" CheersSlitlampVIPDined on 4/13/2014Trio is a great spot. Nice to enjoy a bottle of wine with the very good food. Only complaint on this visit was the scallop appetizer. 3 pan seared scallops(hardly the size of a quarter each) although done perfectly, hardly worth the steep price of $13.95. Otherwise, excellent food in a fantastic location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food I loveAnniedDined on 4/13/2014I'm disappointed that the chef dropped the chipono dish. I know it is spelled wrong but I think you know what I mean. I loved that dish and was sad I couldn't have it for my birthday. Other than that I enjoyed my visit and will come back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Find in NaragansettRrhans6Dined on 4/11/2014Trio has a wide variety of dishes on the menu from pizza to seafood. The food was delicious and our server was very nice. Perfect place for a romantic dinner or a family outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good nightAandTDined on 4/10/2014We have been to trio numerous times and they are always so welcoming. The food is always good and the service can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in NarragansettOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2014Trio always manages to come thru with a consistently high level of service and food quality. The Wednesday evening $15.95 "any entree" price makes this an affordable evening. Try it, you'll like it!Special Features:
- food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014outstanding food and great service. very satisified with our last visit to trio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful NRG spotSTEVEANDDDined on 3/30/2014This was our first time at this Newport Restaurant Group establishment and we were not disappointed. We loved the atmosphere, the service was very good, and the food was outstanding. We opted for the Trio Meatballs (as an app), the mixed green salad, shrimp cocktail (which were huge), and two simply grilled seafood entrees....one scallops and one salmon. Everything was delicious and perfectly done. We prefer a little more horseradish in our cocktail sauce but that's just a preference. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but we wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Food was good, but we were seated in the back Room and there the ambience was less than desirable. Once we left we stepped back into the restaurant I thought we were going too. Too bad!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/22/2014We've been to Trio many times and are always pleased with our meal. The fish is always super fresh and prepared very nicely. In fact, my husband says the salmon is the best around! Kudos to Trio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a special night more specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Wedding Anniversary dinner. The food was great, and we were greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" when we checked in with our reservation. The wait staff was wonderful, Food was fabulous, and the atmosphere was perfect.Special Features:
- My ExperienceromanticDined on 3/15/2014I got there a little early, the table I requested was not ready so they offer me another one and I accepted it. Food portion is a lot and it was great, the service was below average she never check if we need any drink, never offer a desert, I ask for a desert menu she brought only one, so just eat and left I was not pleased since my friend recommended this resturant and I drove from east bay area over alI give it a three.Special Features:
- A welcome addition to South CountyPhilDined on 3/9/2014One of the best new restaurants to the area. Good food, good wine, good service, good ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunny Sunday mid afternoonThomasDined on 3/9/2014Sunny Sunday mid afternoon dinner was excellent food, service and setting combine to make it memorableSpecial Features:
- Wednesday DealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/5/2014On Wednesday evenings this restaurant offers all entrees at $15.95. The filet mignon was regularly $29.95, so a $14.00 savings on Wednesday evenings. The Newport Group restaurants, of which Trio is one, are always clean. Because employees have profit sharing, I have always found these restaurants (Hemingway's, Bowen 22, The Boathouse,The Mooring) to be a cut above in quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinner. Very crowdedSteveDined on 3/5/2014Very nice dinner. Very crowded for midweek in winter. More reasonably priced that other NRG restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had dinner with you lastOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/28/2014We had dinner with you last Friday, family of 4. We are regulars. We didn't really think it worked to combine a wine dinner with restaurant week. It was disappointing there was no restaurant week menu, just the 50% off on the second entrée on the regular menu. Probably it was impossible to create a separate menu for restaurant week with the wine dinner. Normally, we would have been very pleased to have our seating in front of the fireplace - thank you! - but on this Friday night it put us right in the middle of nearly constant streams of servers taking care of the back room. Our server did her best, but the service for us was brisk at best, rushed really. The cooking was also off, which was unusual; the sole française just wasn't very good.Special Features:
- Great nightmgf180Dined on 2/22/2014Just enough options to please everyone! Great appetizers and good size entree portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SatisfiedKateDined on 2/22/2014This is not the first time we have dined here. We had such a great first experience when we went with friends, that I insisted that we go to Trio Rhode Island EVERY year for my birthday. The food just melts in your mouth. I love that there is a variety of foods to pick from. No one gets upset when you request a little tweak to your order.(like hold the cheese please) Oh yeah, WE LOVE TRIO RHODE ISLAND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Restaurant!BlackBeltSLPDined on 2/19/2014Delicious food that always comes to the table hot. Restaurant is warm and inviting with very attentive waitstaff. One of our favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was overcooked.....MonaDined on 2/19/2014Went to Trio for my 50th birthday. Steak was overcooked and no one really seemed to care! Disappointed..... Calamari was very good though.
- The food was very tasty althoughPiperDined on 2/14/2014The food was very tasty although extremely overpriced, the drink selection was great with many wine and cocktail choices, the calamari appetizer I had was the best dish I ate that evening, very fancy and upscale restaurant so it is good for a special romantic occasion but you better bring your credit card for the hefty billSpecial Features:
- Great Ambience and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Trio is decorated splendidly, and has a variety of meal options. Everything we ordered tastes wonderful. A great place for my St. Valentines date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night with familyRosebud44Dined on 2/7/2014We celebrated my daughter in law's birthday at Trio. Service was friendly and efficient. Food we'll prepared and abundant. We had our grand daughters with us and they were kept busy with a fun puzzle page. All in all a very good evening. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewBonnieDined on 2/1/2014One meal, the porkchop special, was less than desirable but the other 3 were fine. Our waitress, although pleasant, was distracted - had to ask several times for bread, "forgot" the birthday desert I had previously ordered. Generally we have always enjoyed this restaurant. We will go back again and hope we can score 100 next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!Tybjk21Dined on 1/31/2014Trio is, simply put, extraordinary! We had such an amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuEliseDined on 1/31/2014Extensive menu, great choices. Excellent service and good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitEverrobDined on 1/29/2014This was a birthday celebration for our daughter's boyfriend and our first visit to Trio. We had a reservation and were seated almost immediately. The food was outstanding. We all had filet mignon (special). The room we were in was crowded with several other groups, but our service was still outstanding. They even recognized our "birthday boy"! We'll definitely return soon to try other items on their extensive menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/12/2014Great service and food. We were not rushed. Good atmosphere. Great location. Very happy with our choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!RebeccaDined on 12/31/2013Recently moved to Narragansett and I'm so happy to have found this place! Our group of four was blown away by the food, our wonderful server, and everything about the experience. I have Celiac Disease and was THRILLED at the large selection of gluten-free items on the menu. We can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Years Eve DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/31/2013We celebrated New Years here by having a wonderful dinner. Everything about it was very good. Our meals were delicious and the portions were generous. It is a favorite of ours and have not been there for quite awhile. We will return soon because this restaurant was always good but we found it to be better than ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/29/2013Dinner at Trio was great............Everyone ordered something different and the presentation, taste and freshness was evident. I like the decor of this restaurant....... Our server was perfect......didn't have to ask twice for anything...... I like a menu where you don;t have to order by process of elimination..........there were at least 6 items on this menu I could have ordered.....I had the Scallops. The Lobster Roll was served just like it should be. I'm getting it next visit.Special Features:
- Weds. niteBonnetDined on 12/18/2013The Weds. night special price of $15.95 for all entrees is spectacular as many restaurants limit the menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was very greasy and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/8/2013food was very greasy and very salty must be baseball hats cooking
- Alway goodKeysguyDined on 12/4/2013We have always had a good experience at Trio's. Need to change the menu. For "regulars" it gets stale.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably gooddocjbDined on 11/27/2013I have dined at Trio's on numerous occasions and I have yet to be disappointed! There is a consistent level of excellent and friendly service, and the food is always right on target. The short ribs are fantastic and the hot donuts with dipping sauces are amazing. The drinks are always perfectly made and the wines are reasonably priced. My favorite Narragansett "go to" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday specialLvmcDined on 11/27/2013Trios has brought back their "All Entrees for $15.95" on Wednesdays. Great deal for one of their delicious main meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacefunandfoodDined on 11/23/2013Food was delicious! Service was great, fast but not rushed. We loved it. It was our first time and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good experienceFoodMavenDined on 11/21/2013The menu has something for everyone and the summer drinks are very creative. The outside seating is great location to people watch.Special Features: