Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Loews Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Emeril's Tchoup Chop
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.emerilsrestaurants.com/emerils-tchoup-chop
- Phone: 4075032467
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Dinner: 5-10 p.m., Happy Hour: 5-8 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Pan-Asian
- Executive Chef: Ryan Vargas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Contact Cathy Jacobson at 407-473-2647 to book your upcoming private party!
A word from Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Emeril's Tchoup Chop (pronounced chop-chop) is the hottest table in Orlando, and Lagasse's second location at Universal Studios. The name offers a hint of New Orleans' famous Tchoupitoulas Street, home to Emeril's flagship restaurant, and the bold culinary term "chop". Located at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers a dining experience unlike any other created by the famous master chef. In both atmosphere and menu, Emeril's Tchoup Chop offers diners a unique and exotic journey through the Pacific Seas with a delicious experience of Asian and Polynesian influences complemented by his signature bold flavors - a perfect complement for the Royal Pacific Resort. Although walk-ins can be accommodated, reservations are highly recommended. Our dress policy is casual with no tank tops for men. Ryan Vargas, Chef de Cuisine, and Andy Vaughn, General Manager, are dedicated to providing you with that memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Emeril's Tchoup Chop reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (97)romantic (74)good for groups (40)notable wine list (31)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (18)late-night find (16)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- a very nice dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/6/2008a very nice dining experience. enjoyed by the entire family.Special Features:
- great service! thank you soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2008great service! thank you so much for the recommendation!Special Features:
- My wife and I were in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/5/2008My wife and I were in Orlando on business. We are both fans of Emeril, and this was our first chance to dine at one his restaurants. The service was outstanding, as was the food. Truly enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- I wish they hadn't taken theOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/3/2008I wish they hadn't taken the ahi tuna off the entre menu.Special Features:
- The food was good and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008The food was good and the overall restaurant was good. Three servers waiting on you should give you the best service ever and I would say one server has served me much better at other restaurants than the three did here. You should not inquiry about food alergies if you don't intend to accomodate your patrons allergies!Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008The food was excellent. The service was a little slow but with very good intentions to please the customer. Complements to the chef and the team.Special Features:
- Tchoup Chop is amazing. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/2/2008Tchoup Chop is amazing. We look forward to dining there whenever we travel to Florida. We were extremely disappointed that they had removed their calamari appetizer from the menu as we had been looking forward to it for 2 YEARS. There is no better food anywhere!Special Features:
- The restaurant's orlando locationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/31/2008The restaurant's orlando location probably forces it to accomadate families with children. This does not mark it as a romantic dining spot. The food was very good, except for the pinapple upside down cake dessert which seemed to be banana nut bread with a slice of pineapple placed on top. This did not end up as a great combination. A good overall experience.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2008Fun atmosphere, good food and great service! Thank you!Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/30/2008This was our second visit to the restaurant. It was a fairly good experience. The server was okay. He seemed to be more interested in the tables he had that were ordering more and going to be a larger tip for him. My husband is a chef in a restaurant at home and has been in the restaurant business for 28 years, managing both the front and back of the house, and I have waited tables years ago, so we have a good understanding of customer service. The restaurant as a whole was very good, I just would have liked a different server.Special Features:
- This experience was very nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008This experience was very nice. My husband really enjoyed him self. Thanks for the best nite of his life so far.Special Features:
- We were seated at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008We were seated at a table in the bar in front of the exit doors. As the bar became busy, it was noisy. Disappointed since our reservations was made a month prior and early at 6:00 pm, there were lots of empty tables in the restaurant.
- The food presentation wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2008The food presentation was immaculate, as was the quality of the food. it was a great first experience and am looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Very, very disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008Very, very disappointing. We have eaten at Emeril's and thought we would give Tchoup a try for a change. It does not even compare, poor service and very mediacore food.
- I did enjoy my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2008I did enjoy my experience at Tchoup Chop, however, I was slightly upset with the service. All three of the waitresses who waited on my table somehow forgot to mention to me that the special I had selected for the evening was sold out. I had really zoned in on and wanted to try that and when I was not told, was forced to scramble to make a decision about something else. I wound up going with a braised lamb shank which was decent, but I would have preferred the halibut special. Being a hospitality student at St. John's University in Queens, NY, and a restaurant manager myself, I was slightly underwhelmed with my dining experience at Emeril's Tchoup Chop.Special Features:
- Cannot comment on the overallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008Cannot comment on the overall menu as my group did the tasting menu for the evening, but the food was outstanding. Next time, I will opt for the wine pairings with the tasting menu as the food was robust enough to go nicely with some of the bid-bodied wines that had been selected by the chef.Special Features:
- Was not as good as we hadEotwrobDined on 3/28/2008Was not as good as we had remembered. The staff was 'lacking' and service suffered. The food was good but not memorable (as on our last visit).
- The food was excellent. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008The food was excellent. Good ambience. The service was less desirable than on previous visits.Special Features:
- Our service was quite slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/28/2008Our service was quite slow. We ordered drinks as soon as we sat down and they didn't arrive until after our lunch/entrees had arrived. Everything tasted great but we would have liked the service to be a little better. Thanks!Special Features:
- Service started out terrific,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2008Service started out terrific, with a team of servers for our table. The "lead" server (who took our order) was quite a disappointment. After taking our order, we did not see him again. To the credit of the rest of the team they paid good attention to drink levels, and clearing the table. My friend ordered a Filet to be cooked medium, but it arrived well done. Once the plates were set in place no one check with us about our entree's (after we had time to taste them), until we were half way completed with our meal. At that time, it was too late to have her over-cooked steak replaced. At the end of the meal, we had to flag down a server to get our check and we still sat for quite a while before our check was then delivered to our table.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. However,DrAlbertDined on 3/25/2008Service was excellent. However, the table next to us was very loud and fighting!Special Features:
- Great food and service. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/24/2008Great food and service. The tables are too close together to have a private dining experience. More private tables for a more intimate dining experience.Special Features:
- The service was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/24/2008The service was excellent and I forgot what it was like to have waiters/waitresses who really attended to all of your needs! I am pregnant and they offered a taste from the kitchen of some raw/rare tuna, which I am unable to have, but then kindly brought me a cooked appetizer to sample.Special Features:
- The service was very poorMagooDined on 3/23/2008The service was very poor and unorganized. We had up to four servers and yet waited for the longest time just to place a drink order. No one seemed to know who was taking our order considering they each eventually showed up to ask us if we were ready to order, after we had already placed our order. This resulted in duplicate appetizer being served to our table, yet unable to get a second cocktail until our meal was finished (the order was placed when our entree was served). If service is a priority, I definately would not recommend this restaurant to anyone. The food was good, but due to the service, the experience was very disappointing!
- The appetizer was good(GingerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2008The appetizer was good(Ginger shrimp), however, our entrees were very mediocre. In fact, my Hawaiian omlet was tough and overall unappealing. A la carte pricing contributes to making this a very over-priced meal for the quality. Sad to say this since we chose this for our Easter brunch. Nothing was special about our experience.
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2008This was our second visit (fourth for my husband). We were in Orlando celebrating our son's 21st birthday and based on our past experience we decided to celebrate it at Tchoup Chop. We were disappointed in the food. I had the Shrimp Pad Thai and could not finish it because it was extremely salty. I actually found the meal to be equivalent to something I would make at home out of the box. When I mentioned the saltiness issue to the waiter the response was "I will let the chef know". My husband had the same experience with his fried rice. I would have expected better from an Emeril restaurant based on our past visits and the pricing. Regrettably, we will not visit this restaurant again. Please discontinue the team service approach!
- We had a marvelous time atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2008We had a marvelous time at Tchoup Chop. The food was fantastic and ambiance was very unique. The ribs in the appetizer menu were incredible!Special Features:
- We have eaten at Emeril'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2008We have eaten at Emeril's restaurants before and had our most memorable meals ever. We were surprised, saddened and disappointed with the food quality at Tchop Chops. We had planned a very special trip with our daughter and the staff were superb to offer her a kitchen tour. She is 8 and a fan, so she was delighted.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/20/2008This was our first visit to this restaurant. We have visited Emeril's at Universal and also his restaurant at the Venetian in Las Vegas. All have been great finds!! We especially enjoyed this one and hope to visit again when we are in Orlando!Special Features:
- There were two of us in ourOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2008There were two of us in our party. The scallop appetizer was great as was the pork porterhouse. The boulliabaise was not good - the sesoning was "off" and gave the dish an unpleasant taste. This dish needs work.Special Features:
- We had a great dinner andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/19/2008We had a great dinner and will definitely return. The service was fantastic and the food delicious.Special Features:
- Menu seemed like someone wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/18/2008Menu seemed like someone was trying too hard to make the concept (Hawaii meets NOLA) work. Servers were clearly instructed to recommend the most expensive dishes and always go for the up-sell to the point of annoyance.Special Features:
- My husband had a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/18/2008My husband had a very good meal of crab cakes and duck. I ordered an Hawiian fish called ono or wahu(?sp). The fish was tough dry and over cooked. I didn't send it back but in retrospect I wish I had. The manager's explanation was that a lean fish like this (and compared it to grouper) was hard to cook because it did not hold up to over cooking. I have had many wonderful meals of grouper in Florida at many differnt types of restaurants so I find it appaling that a restaurant with the name of Emeril's can't cook fish. The manager was very nice and did give us a complimentary dessert but I would not go back.
- Service level was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2008Service level was excellent. The food was unique and the staff was helpful in suggesting different selections. I think it would be a good choice for a thank you dinner for business clients. Plan on spending around $100 a person if you plan on fine wine, appetizers, an entree and dessert. The menu is quite different than Emeril's at City Walk.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2008Beautiful restaurant with outstanding service. Management was attentive as well which we appreciated. We had the tasting menu. The food was inventive and great tasting. We had our seven year old son with us. The children's menu had a Asian offering that worked well for him. We appreciate a children's menu that has a more sophisticated offering like that and not limited to the usual chicken fingers and the like.Special Features:
- This is our second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2008This is our second visit to Tchoup Chop and both visits were memorable occassions. I highly recommend this location to all my friends and clients. I truly enjoyed the experience at Tchoup ChopSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2008Excellent food, service and atmosphere. The only suggestion I would make is to enforce more strict dress code. The man at the table next to us was wearing a tee shirt and a baseball cap (that looked like they had seen better days).Special Features:
- Had a great time - food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008Had a great time - food was good - service was greatSpecial Features:
- was not what i expected andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/15/2008was not what i expected and everything was just average --- would not return.Special Features:
- we liked the presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008we liked the presentation of the food. Very good food. we requested two coffees, double expressos and the charged was too excessive, more than a single plate, $32,00 wow we felt deceived.Special Features: