Trattoria Italian Kitchen
1850 4th Avenue West
Vancouver, BC V6J 1M3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Trattoria Italian Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.trattoriakitchen.ca/
- Phone: 6047321441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 1:00am Friday - Saturday: 10:30am - 2:00am Sunday 10:30am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Jonathon Chuy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In association with Glowbal Restaurant Group, we are proud to offer catering services for all ranges of events. Please contact us through our General Manager at (604) 732-1441.
- Private Party Facilities: We are happy to book your private party and develop a menu and program to suit your needs.
- Private Party Contact: John Crook 6047321441
A word from Trattoria Italian Kitchen
Trattoria Italian Kitchen is a vibrant, restaurant, where contemporary design unites with casual Italian dining and a focus on sharing. Service is relaxed, knowledgeable and welcoming. The menu consists of traditional trattoria style cuisine - hand made pizzas, bruschetta, antipasto, pasta and meat platters, fresh fish and familiar Italian staple items like Forno Roasted Chicken and Veal Scaloppini with an aim to keep our menu items at $20 or less. A carefully chosen selection of 50 wines make up a list representing the major regions in Italy including Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto and Sicily. Add in a few boutique California, and British Columbia wineries and you have the perfect combination of a simple, yet comprehensive wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Trattoria Italian Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- the cesar sald that was onOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/10/2010the cesar sald that was on special that day was pretty blah; the noise was unbearable so my lunch date and I had a hard time hearing each other. I wish I had ordered something else. However, tiramisu was EXCELLENT and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- I enjoyed my Kobe MeatballHungry4PastaVIPDined on 6/4/2010I enjoyed my Kobe Meatball spagetti. Would have it again.Special Features:
- The food was good overall.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2010The food was good overall. However, one of the dishes that contained salmon in the name did not have very much salmon at all. As well, I was not expecting to find ingredients in my French toast since it was not indicated in the menu. As a result I did not enjoy the French toast very much. It would have been better if it was just French toast with the marscapone and berries. I also found the hollandaise in the eggs benedict (I forget which one exactly) to be overly salty. The marscapone and lemon zest spread for the scones were amazing! Wonderful service, and very affordable dishes.Special Features:
- Went here for brunch lastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2010Went here for brunch last weekend since Italian Kitchen was closed and we were craving pasta. After arriving shortly after 11am, it was still rather quiet. We ordered the pasta platter, it was great except for the gnocchi. It was so overcooked that it was slimy, it was very hard to swallow. And it took awhile for our main to come out. Another couple had already come in, ordered, ate and left when we received our main. Either way I would go here again and try something else. The lasagna was amazing!Special Features:
- Have eaten dinners here whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/22/2010Have eaten dinners here which were delicious and reasonably priced for a Vancouver retaurant. Had brunch for the first time and the offerings were a unique version of the typical brunch and equally as good as their dinners.Special Features:
- The food, though not outstanding,expatbritVIPDined on 5/16/2010The food, though not outstanding, was perfectly acceptable. I wouldn't take someone there for brunch to impress, but with a friend it's OK. They really need to re-think the sahara-dry scones and ricotta butter for starters (maybe Glowbal's retired banana bread would be better) The service was a bit scattered and the food took a really, really long time to arrive (almost one hour after ordering in fact).Special Features:
- It was far too noisy. My diningYummyVIPDined on 4/21/2010It was far too noisy. My dining companion and I could barely hear each other. The table of two next to us spoke softly and intimately and the table on the other side of us was empty. So we could only imagine how awful it would be if both tables were occupied by diners speaking at normal volumes. Go to eat but if you want to have a conversation, look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Although we had great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2010Although we had great service and a lovely table, our lunch meal was just so-so. The portions were small and not very imaginative. I will try this restaurant again but perhaps for dinner.
- We go out for lunch/dinnerMalenaDined on 4/8/2010We go out for lunch/dinner quite often and I have to say this is one of the places I won't go back to. The food wasn't very good and service was slow.Special Features:
- can be excellent. Was lessMozartDined on 1/30/2010can be excellent. Was less than average on Saturday the 30th of January for lunch.
- We had a lovely luncheon.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/27/2010We had a lovely luncheon. Four men and one woman and all the men were really pleased with the portions and enjoyed every thing we ordered. Service was friendly but professional and definitely knowledgeable. Noise level however was not what we would call 'energetic' - it was loud and difficult to talk over. But I really don't think there is anything that can be done about that. Will definitely be guests again!Special Features:
- This restaurant is one ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/26/2010This restaurant is one of favourite .. great food .. definitely full from the generous portions .. good value especially the Tuesday $10 pasta day .. would be nice if you could dampen some of the noise as it is hard to hold a conversation ..Special Features:
- My business partner and myselfOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/14/2010My business partner and myself entertained a client for a weekday luncheon. This was our first experience at this restaurant, however have been to others in their global chain. They met all of our expectations and our client was also pleased as nothing otherwise was mentioned. One small detail if a true response can be told. I ordered pasta carbonara, the flavor was excellent, the presentation wonderful...however the sauce was very dry for my liking.Special Features:
- Food is same as Italian Kitchen.FoodieVIPDined on 1/13/2010Food is same as Italian Kitchen. We eat in many restaurants, especially Italian restaurants and the Italian food here is passable.We were very disappointed with the lobster linguine - lobster was very small with little meat and dried out.Special Features:
- The brunch overall wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/20/2009The brunch overall wasn't all that bad, the service was there, and the food was what I expect from the global group. There isn't much to complain about other than the fact that the waitress took about 20 minutes to charge me for my bill which was kind of an annoyance. Other than that, I will be back.Special Features:
- nice restaurant .. food goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/15/2009nice restaurant .. food good as always .. it would have been nice if the waitress came by to check on us ..Special Features:
- It was very nice, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/9/2009It was very nice, good service and recommends by waiter. We did have some difficulty in hearing each other as it was quite boisterous and busy. However, we knew it would be lively there so next time we would ask for a quieter spot (for senior with hearing difficulties), if there is one available.Special Features:
- Not the place to go if youOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/6/2009Not the place to go if you want classic eggs benedict. Great for dinner would not return for brunch.
- Trattoria Italian Kitchen HipOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2009Trattoria Italian Kitchen Hip interior, eclectic crowd and a lot of hustle and bustle -- at lunch at any rate. If you don't mind a bit of noise with your fare then this place should hit the spot. The food was pretty good, I wouldn't call it superb but then I've eaten enough sublime Italian food at restaurants here in town, at friends' houses and in the old country so I'm probably somewhat spoiled. But for the price, it was certainly worth every penny! Would I return? Sure.Special Features:
- Had lunch on a friday, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/23/2009Had lunch on a friday, very busy place, which was surprising. The food was excellent, and the service was attentive. Would definitely return. I've now been to several of the Glowbal Group's restaurants, and even though one would think they are spreading themselves pretty thin in the city with so many locations, their food doesn't disappoint!Special Features:
- thought the portions & lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2009thought the portions & lunch size were great & good value
- We were at Italian KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2009We were at Italian Kitchen for lunch.. the kits location is very quiet at lunch which was great because we wanted to talk. Still can't make reservations for dinner which turns alot of people off. Long waits on weekends... Food and service were wonderful. Best Beef Carpaccio EVER!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- The service was awful. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2009The service was awful. We were there for lunch on a Sunday and had to wait 1 hr to receive food. We had to wait approx 45 min for an explanation and an apology for their being so slow. Supposedly it had to do with a malfunctioning egg poacher and everyone in the restaurant was ordering poached eggs. Well noone at our table had ordered poached eggs and yet we still received no food for 1 hr. We had to catch the servers attention to even order drinks upon arrival and once ordered they took a long, long time to show up at the table. The worst was that when the food arrived it was simply average, not bad but certainly not worth the wait. We won't be back.
- Brunch was nice, comparableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2009Brunch was nice, comparable to other spots, not overly special, but good. Unfortunate there were no children options or even children-friendly - not even a piece of toast with jam (we ended up getting up in the middle of eating to go around the corner to Starbucks to pick up a muffin and bring it back). Understand trying to keep the Italian theme and that for dinner etc oriented to adults and not kids, but brunch? Won't be going back until that changes.
- I was my first time thereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2009I was my first time there and it was absolutely delightful. The food and atmosphere was excellent. Margo was a pleasure to deal with, very friendly and did not rush us at all. It has been a long time since I had a waitress like Margo. She made the day and and because of her, I would highly recommend the restaurant to my friends and I will come again. BrianSpecial Features:
- Food was very good, portionslocalboyDined on 9/4/2009Food was very good, portions good, service excellent, decor and atmoshpere excellent. Very good value.Special Features:
- Great food, but lunch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/20/2009Great food, but lunch service was slow. It took an hour to get our food. For a relaxed dinner this is okay, but not at lunch. Plus I was a bit miffed at the $13 charge for a bottle of mineral water.
- My overall feeling of TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2009My overall feeling of Trattoria Italian Kitchen was 'not all bad'. The waitress needs to be better at describing the dishes.For example the special, she mentioned there was a piece of salmon and pasta, the dish was actually pasta with salmon broken up and mixed in the pasta. After the waitress took our order, I asked for an order of bread (which in most Vancouver restaurants is served without asking). We didn't receive the bread ntil AFTER we received our meals. When I mentioned that I had wanted the bread to eat prior to our meal, the waiter's response was "would you like me to take it back". He did not even offer an apology.This shocked me and ruined my experience. I won't come back to your restaurant.Special Features:
- We have lunch here severalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/7/2009We have lunch here several times a month, and it is fairly consistant in service and quality. However, this week, the lasagna was not up to par, the panzanella salad had more bread croutons than salad, we had to ask repeatedly to have our water glasses refilled and asked several times for cutlery. We realized the restaurant was busy, but this is not an excuse for indifferent service.Special Features:
- Dining room's nice! OrderedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2009Dining room's nice! Ordered the Spaghetti w/ Kobe Meatball....pasta and sauce nicely done, but meatballs were just a tad salty....hubby had the salmon w/ hash, huge portion and quite enjoyed it....Special Features:
- Good service, good food, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/14/2009Good service, good food, nice ambiance ... an all round good lunch. We liked the new daily specials offered at $9.95 - a very good deal. This is our "go-to" place at least 2-3 times a month. Highly recommeded!Special Features:
- i LOVE trattoria- I alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2009i LOVE trattoria- I always eat there, so when I was trying to put together a little lunch meeting I knew exactly where to go.Special Features:
- Delicious food, average price,serialfinedinerVIPDined on 6/21/2009Delicious food, average price, good service. The reception I received was mediocre though, even though they were not a slight bit busy.Special Features:
- Super, as usual. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/12/2009Super, as usual. Service was stellar. Wine mark-ups a little high, though.Special Features:
- Mothers day brunch was notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2009Mothers day brunch was not memorable (in fact,disappointing) The menu was sparce and the coffee lukewarm. Brunch selection and variety was poor. However- this a great restaurant for lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- This was our second visitMissKittyDined on 4/26/2009This was our second visit just as great as the first! Server was very helpful and the portions she recommended were exactly right. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Very good, as usual. The bruschettaOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/10/2009Very good, as usual. The bruschetta, veal piccata, panzanella salad, and salmon were all delicious. Service was prompt and attentive. Very reasonable prices. Great spot for both lunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great food, bit noisy if you'reOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2009Great food, bit noisy if you're looking for "intimate". Nice eclectic mix for Kits neighbourhoodSpecial Features:
- When we entered Trattoriaml33Dined on 2/6/2009When we entered Trattoria we were physically assaulted by the noise, so we got off to a rocky start trying to find a table where we could hear each other (though by shouting). Otherwise, . . . I loved my Viola sparkling cocktail and the pasta shells filled with ricotta were real comfort food on a dreary day. The salad we shared was good (but small), but whereas normally my partner and I share, I found his gnocchi much too heavy and gummy. Our chocolate fritters needed a much larger dose of chocolate to live up to their name. So it was all somewhat hit and miss.Special Features:
- It was quiet at lunch! TheRagoutDined on 1/27/2009It was quiet at lunch! The food was very good and well priced. The design appealing and contemporary. Many of our friends, including my husband and me have dined their at night and will not go back at that time due to the noise. Yesterday's lunch, when it was not crowded seem to be ideal. One could hear ones guests talk!! This restaurant should do well in this current economic climate. The food is at a good price point. Thanks for askingSpecial Features: