2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2814850844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (222)fit for foodies (131)neighborhood gem (103)romantic (94)notable wine list (79)good for groups (43)hot spot (23)late-night find (7)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014We were really looking forward to trying this local restaurant because we had heard so many good things. The steaks were very good. However, our creamed spinach was watery and the salads ordered at our table of four were not consistently good. It took an excessive amount of time to locate the wine we ordered. The place has no ambiance at all and the service was just acceptable. In other words, we spent more than $75 per person for a $25 per person experience. I really can't recommend it. If I'm going to spend that kind of money for a meal, I want the whole package.
- KillensAORLEADined on 8/19/2014This was absolutely the best steak restaurant my husband and I have ever been too. The service was fantastic, knew exactly what he was talking about & very, very respectful. The steak was the BEST steak I've ever had in my life! I asked the waiter to surprise me with a steak that isn't ginormous but would fill me up, and he was spot on with his descision!! So many wine choices, I told him to surprise me with his wine of choice and he also did a wonderful job at that, too!! We decided we will go back every year for our anniversary. Well worth every bit of our money!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionaowens905Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent Food and Services, definitely need a reservation, we were there on a Monday night and it was very busy. Location is small but well worth the visit. Everything is a la carte, our bill with drinks for 2 was $200.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't get any betterJackDined on 8/18/2014Killen's is one of the best steakhouses in the US. My wife and I have eaten at many of the top rated steakhouses around the country and Killen's is in the top 2 or 3. Their crab cakes are the best we have ever eaten. Their steaks are simply wonderful. Their bread pudding is simply the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceNatashaSaysDined on 8/18/2014I took my Dad here for a special father-daughter dinner. My dad loves steak and he thoroughly enjoyed the wagyu rib-eye. Our server was very gracious and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant and SatisfyingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Service was top shelf. Server had in depth knowledge of all menu offerings. Filet mignon was truly the best I've had. Skillet potatoes, so good. Our memorable meal was finished with warm, flavorful carrot cake that was so good I could hardly stand it! We were attended so well and wanted for nothing. Birthday celebration for both my husband and son, fully satisfied guys! Simply clean and elegant surroundings. Lively conversation by others enjoying their experience, made hearing some lovely music difficult to hear. Looking forward to more memorable meals in our future! Perhaps my birthday....Special Features:
- You must go! Exceptional food!SHNELLEYBDined on 8/16/2014The place for steak! We have eaten here before and the steaks are to die for, done to perfection and top quality. Side dishes excellent as well as wine list and desserts, specifically the carrot cake. The service was great and our server made recommendations that were right on point.Special Features:
- Perfect... againMylindaDined on 8/16/2014Once again our visit to Killen's was amazing. Everything was just right from being seated right away (with our reservation), the drinks, food, dessert - everything. The mac and cheese and creamed corn are always wonderful. The carrot cake and crème brulee bread pudding were perfect to share among the four of us... with leftovers! Jason, our waiter, was accommodating, engaging and very knowledgeable about not only the menu but whisky, cigars, and anything else we asked. Totally impressed our friends, which is not easy to do! Thanks, Killen's, for making us look good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!!MichelleDined on 8/16/2014Killen's is an incredible dining experience. Amazing food! The entire staff is 100% focused on providing the BEST customer service. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING Food at Killen'sJaredDined on 8/15/2014It was not surprising that the food at Killen's was absolutely incredible. I'd heard great things, and the experience matched the reputation. Everyone at our table agreed this was the best steak we'd ever had. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak!GudfoodieDined on 8/15/2014Perfectly well done filet mignon. Mac n cheese and crab cake are must haves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Dinerinventor1993Dined on 8/14/2014Last week my son and I dined at Killen's Steakhouse for the first time with friends and the entire evening was outstanding. Beginning with the free valet service to the courteous waitstaff and, of course, the excellent food along with being in the company of great friends made the entire evening an unforgettable experience. I would highly recommend Killen's for all of your dining needs when you want outstanding food with a memorable experience.Special Features:
- 👍Sweetcaroline2Dined on 8/13/2014Killens was fantastic! The food wS great the service was great! It's $$$ but worth every penny! I would go every week if it was in my budget! We were very pleased! 👍👍👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud atmosphere, Great foodsteakloverDined on 8/12/2014My 18 ounce 21 day dry aged NY Strip steak was the best steak I have ever had. The flavor was a lot stronger than wet aged. The restaurant was rather loud, although I'm not sure what they can do about it considering the size of the place. Was disappointed that the Foie Gras was not available due to "presentation issues". Definitely a place to consider for special occasions. Strongly recommend you set up a reservation first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good special event restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I truly enjoyed celebrating our 46 wedding anniversary at Killen's Steakhouse. The staff was excellent. The wine was good but a bit pricey for the quality and quantity. We will definately visit again!Special Features:
- Lives up to "steak" it's claimMomofDosDined on 8/11/2014We walked into Killens and were greeted by friendly staff. Upon seating we promptly met our server and began ordering. We started off with the bacon wrapped scallops - really amazing! The scallops were huge and cooked perfectly, the bacon was tasty but not overpowering to the scallop. We both ordered 100% grass fed Waguy beef - I a ribeye and my husband a NY strip. We ordered the bacon Mac and cheese and broccoli cheese risotto as sides. The steaks were definitely the stars of the shoe followed in close second by the Mac and cheese. The steaks were cooked perfectly, seasoned well, and needed nothing except a knife. The Mac and cheese was the best ever! The risotto though good, was a let down. Too much like a cheap casserole version.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night 4 2!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014I made reservations for my husband and I celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary! He loved it and we were impressed with the service and cleanliness. We were there for my birthday in December and planned on returning for special occassions.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ExperiencedsmootDined on 8/8/2014What else can I say? Killen's has earned its reputation for food and service. OutstandingSpecial Features:
- Love this placeFalcon8Dined on 8/8/2014When coming to Killen's, you need to lace yourself for the great meal you will have. The starters are great -- I love the crab cakes. There are many, many options for steaks here. All are wonderful. Make sure you save room for dessert! The carrot cake is the best I ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One more time!johnnybgoodDined on 8/7/2014A true beef-eater's Dream! The entire experience deserves accolades abound! Bravo!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerChristopDined on 8/7/2014This was our first visit to Killen's. We arrived a little early and were promptly seated. We encountered a small but pleasant dinning room with knowledgeable wait staff. The food was simply amazing, cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff AlexanderJCA1Dined on 8/6/2014his is the best steakhouse in Houston. Better than Ruh's Chris, Better than pappas, Bbetter than Brenners. Order the French Onion Soup, which is absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderdogDined on 8/5/2014Our table was adjacent to the hostess stand; so, it was noisy and we had no privacy. It was our anniversary; and, although we had no privacy the food was excellent---as always.Special Features:
- Great food & servicesfurtwenglerDined on 8/5/2014My wife & I went to Killen's to celebrate the completion of my doctorate. We weren't disappointed. It began with excellent cocktails. Our server was knowledgeable of the various types of meats that they offer. Jane and the roasted bone marrow as an appetizer, I had the shrimp cocktail. Both were satisfying. My main course was the 100% Grass Fed American Wagyu 116 oz Ribeye from Strube Ranch, medium rare. Jane had the Venison Chop, House-Made Venison Sausage, & Sweet Corn Risotto. I am always cautious about ordering steak when I dine out because I'm usually not satisfied. Not only was I completely satisfied, but I must admit that this was one of the best steaks I've every had. The texture was amazing. Try Killen's. You won't be dissapointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScaratataDined on 8/4/2014Food came out undercooked and had an after taste to it. This was our second visit and it was a disappointment.
- Wonderful mealAngiemarlowDined on 8/4/2014Food was wonderful, we had the 34 oz ribeye and it was mouth watering fall off the bone delicious. It melted in your mouth and it was seasoned perfectly. We also had the Mac n cheese which was creamy and had a great crunch to it. The creamed spinach was a wonderful side and made the meal even better. The ambiance is like eating in a mobile home. As much as the meal cost I would think that the restaurant could use some upgrades to fit the perfectly wonderful foods. Perhaps one day it will. Go here you will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Where have they been hiding?!DiannDined on 8/2/2014Never heard of this restaurant before. I went Saturday night and feel cheated that I didn't know about it before. Amazing food!! And service to match! Wow!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meat & dessert, the rest...ehHouSteakLoverDined on 8/2/2014After hearing so much, we made the trek to Pearland. Beef was terrific, well cooked & great quality. Service was informed and attentive. Had scallop app-good, as well as roasted marrow- middling. The sides were nothing special; we had high hopes for broccoli cheese risotto, but the realization completely missed. Dessert was great but really 1 creme brûlée bread pudding would have sufficed for 3-4. Real flub was oddly the toilets. Having to stand in line in middle of dining room was ridiculous. More distressing, women in party reported having to wade around wet pools on the floor which could not be attributed to sink, so it made them terrifically worried about walking in filth. Don't mind pricey, but food not exceptional enough to justify
- Not worth the driveHoustongirlDined on 8/2/2014I expected the steaks to be on par with Vic and Anthony's. Only the price was the same. The steaks were good, but not worth the drive or the expense.
- CaballoDined on 8/1/2014Food was great, service was a bit slow and had to ask for things. Told waiter celebrating birthday and no acknowledgement after meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom6Dined on 8/1/2014Our waiter was excellent!!! It was our 1st time at this restaurant and he was very helpful and extremely pleasant. The only concern was my son's steak was not cooked as ordered. I suggested he send it back but he was hungry. At $50 per steak it should be cooked as ordered. The side dishes and desserts were so tasty. The seating is tight but we did not have any problems. The wine we ordered was so good we ordered a second bottle.Special Features:
- rich food for a rich appetitegrillerDined on 8/1/2014It is basically a unique selection of overhyped beef with saucy sides, actually very good salad offerings. Very little to do with french schooling. Sitting is average with poor bath facilities. Food is so rich your body may revolt.Special Features:
- Low ValuefryhamDined on 8/1/2014Extremely overpriced for the setting. Building in commercial area and looks like a BBQ joint from outside. No need to have valet only parking. One toilet each for Ladies' & men's restrooms - line forming outside. Ladies restroom had water leak around bottom of toilet. Noisy inside. No low to moderate cost wines available.
- Pearland's FinestLovegoodfoodDined on 8/1/2014Seriously some of the best food I have ever had! The service is on point too! It's really small so you need to have a reservation that you should make probably a week in advance unless you don't mind having dinner at 4pm or 9pm. Plus they make it super easy with online reservations! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch !fantasticfoodzDined on 8/1/2014This was our first time and what a great experience. Our server "Patrick" made us feel like family. The food was simply amazing! Appetizers that keep you wanting more. We enjoyed crab cake and calamari, ordered entrees and even enjoyed the carrot cake for dessert. This place will exceed your expectations in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Acoustics poor. Very loud. Average service. Poor parking. Outstanding food. Classy atmosphere demands dress code. Dressy casual not encouraged by restaurant and allows poor dress.
- Very nice !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Great food ! Very nice atmosphere with outstanding service. The smoked pork belly was to die for. Great steaks, and the chocolate cake was it of this world ! Will be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointspms217Dined on 7/30/2014Once again, everything was perfect. From appetizer to dessert, deliciousness in every bite. I especially loved the seared foie gras.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBullwinkleDined on 7/30/2014Small venue with excellent quality. Far beyond expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy Steaks! Batman.YbbobDined on 7/30/2014Wow. I should have stop eating a day before my visit to Killen's but the staff and the steaks are unbelievable. Had my 9th year wedding anniversary dinner here and it was wonderful. Like books (the actual old school ones) Don't judge a book by its cover...the outside is simple but what really counts is on the inside. Yes I will be back for more. Highly recommend it. Help support our local businesses and check out the story about the chef.Special Features: