2804 S. Main Street
Pearland, TX 77581Neighborhood:
Alvin / Pearland
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.killenssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 2814850844x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ronnie Killen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Killen's Steakhouse
Don’t let our building fool you, we are an upscale steakhouse right in the heart of Pearland. We are the only restaurant in town serving Allen Brothers USDA prime beef, as well as the prestigious Texas-raised Akaushi Kobe beef. Certified Executive Chef Ron Killen has returned to his home town after training at Le Cordon Bleu and honing his culinary skills throughout the U.S. Our hand-cut steaks are cooked to perfection on a state of the art infrared broiling system that seals in the natural juices of the steak, creating a one of a kind “melt in your mouth” experience. All of our food is prepared fresh daily, using only the finest produce and freshest ingredients. Even our sinfully rich desserts are homemade and the only thing frozen in our kitchen is the ice cream! Come in and see what the whole country is talking about!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Killen's Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Alvin / Pearland ›
Killen's Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
317 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (245)fit for foodies (131)romantic (108)neighborhood gem (107)notable wine list (84)good for groups (44)hot spot (23)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent!NassDined on 7/29/2014From the moment we got there till we left it was great! We were serverd with water and break immediately. Shortly after our server welcomed and greated us. Very well mannered, well spoken, he didn't look bad either! Lol When we were ready to order it was taken and food was served in a timely manner. The food was delicious! My fillet was the most juicey flavorful I have ever had! Tasted like butter! And my mothers ribeye was excellent! Cooked perfectly at medium rare. My brother shrimp were delicious as well. As I'm sad to say we didn't get to try the carrot cake because we had birthday cake waiting at home, but we will be back for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!happytummyDined on 7/29/2014Ordered the red snapper and it was divine. Crab cake for appetizer was delicious. Son always orders the chicken Parmesan and said it is the best. Husband got the prime rib and he was very satisfied. Pork belly was good but not as good as last time we had it.Special Features:
- Awesome ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014I had the best time celebrating my husband birthday there. Our server was AWESOME and very knowledgeable. The food was TERRIFIC Will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!xtina1Dined on 7/26/2014There was nothing that I ordered that was less than perfection! Great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow What Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The steaks for so amazingly delicious, perfectly cooked, seasoned and tasteful. The same for the vegetable and side dishes. It was our first time dining there for my husbands birthday and he was in heaven eating his steak. All we kept saying was wow, what a great food experience. The big surprise was that we needed no additional seasoning for anything on our table. We will definitely be planning future dining experiences! Out complete dining experience was awesome our waiter was very knowledgeable and made our dining experience run smooth and there was a special birthday greeting card on the dining table for my husband. He was well pleased with his birthday dining experience a Killens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner. Great service.Gr8DinnerDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I have been trying to get to Killens for some time now. It was great! I cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome steaksBudmanDined on 7/25/2014Great selection of steaks, pricey but worth it. Great place to celebrate special occasions, staff is knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2dineDined on 7/25/2014First time visiting this restaurant me and my husband had heard many great things about the food. Between the 2 of us we spent about $220. It definitely wasn't worth it my husband ordered a $60 steak med rare, it was so chewy he could barely eat it. We were expecting a decent steak for that price but that's not what we got and when we told the server he was very nice and apologized but never offered to replace the steak. Both of the toilets in the men's and womens restrooms were leaking. The rest of the food appetizers, sides and desserts were decent but nothing that I would return for. Very disappointed with the steaks after hearing many wonderful things about the restaurant.
- Fantastic steakDudemanDined on 7/24/2014The meats and sides we ordered were prepared to perfection. I highly recommend Killen's to any steak lover!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the areaMrFinickyDined on 7/24/2014This is the best restaurant in the Houston and Galveston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to the Bone!LivingthedreamDined on 7/24/2014Excellent dry aged steaks, best corn I have ever had, foie gras rocks and a nice well rounded wine list (something for evey budget), this restaurant iffers a relaxed, enjoyable atmosphere yet offers up outstanding food and knowledgable and attentive wait staff. "I'll be back!!!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksfredoDined on 7/23/2014You go here for the steaks. Thier dry aged beef is excellent. A little noisy.
- happybDined on 7/23/2014Excellent - wonderful for a special occasion! Food and service are exceptional!Special Features:
- Great Steak!!MeltsinyourmouthDined on 7/23/2014Absolutely the best steak I have ever had! Awesome! Service was spectacular. Amazing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vale ParkingBoiler78Dined on 7/23/2014When we were ready to leave we had to walk to out Vale Parked car as not all the parking attendants could drive a standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGAnnetteDined on 7/23/2014I love this restaurant! It has the best food I have ever eaten. This was my 10th or more time to visit and every time I go is as good or better than the previous visit. The appetizers are amazing as is the steak and sides. I love the calamari appetizer and the creamed corn side. The best part is the 5A steak! Everything there is AMAZING!Special Features:
- Stafford1Dined on 7/21/2014We have eaten here twice now, and both times Killen's lived up to the great reputation for one of the very best steakhouses in the Houston area. My favorite is the wet-aged Nebraska corn fed NY Strip. Or the dry-aged one if you like that much concentration of flavors. Either way you will not go wrong. The filets are top notch as well. Relaxed atmosphere. You'll need to get out in front for a good reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The setting wasn't the greatest but decent. The service and seating was excellent as was the food. I highly recommend you visit. The attention to detail in the food and the service was superb. The steaks, sides and deserts were excellent. A must visit place. I will definetly be returningSpecial Features:
- Great food and winePattiDined on 7/19/2014Another amazing dinner at Killen's, not only is the food super (filet cooked perfectly & amazing sides); but, our waiter is always amazing. If you want good service ask for Ryan Powell.Special Features:
- JCA1Dined on 7/18/2014This place makes the best onion soup I have ever had. It is worth a trip just fo that. The ribeye I had was cooked pefectly and tasted wonderful. teh potatoes were extraoridnary as well. I woudl highly, highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves good food.Special Features:
- awesome dining choicedougribbleDined on 7/18/2014the food was fantastic, the service was awesome, we will be back, i can promise you that, being a nebraskan, i miss the best beef in the country, so, killens, you have found a life long customer for the food and serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014was very noisy, pretty sparse on ambience, had very good server, but felt rushed between courses (sure that not server's fault) very surprising for the high$ tghey charge ---- also, booked 3 weeks ahead and requested nice spot for 2 for anniversary, but placed at very back at two top by back exit door and next to a very loud 10 top ... not impressed -doubt will return even though food is good
- DisappointedoldhoosierDined on 7/16/2014We had long anticipated dining here and finally did. For the prices charged the steaks should have been perfect. After a strong sales pitch by the waiter discouraging our initial choice, we opted for the the Strube Ranch American Wagyu. My wife had the filet and I had the strip. They were cooked perfectly and the flavors were superb but my steak had a strip of gristle through the center that distracted from the experience. One hates to have to spit something into their napkin in public. The waiter showed little interest in my problem but was attentive and prompt otherwise. This is nit picking but for a nearly $300.00 tab I expect perfection.Special Features:
- Great food, parking is nutsSteakHouseLOVERDined on 7/16/2014We had a filet and a snapper dish. Both were great. My only complaint was the parking. You were forced to use the valet, and the line backed up on a busy road. It was actually a little dangerous. At 5:45 on a Wednesday, there was PLENTY of parking. This place isn't located in the Galleria, its on Telephone road in Pearland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaks!gkwuzhereDined on 7/15/2014We sampled the wet-aged, dry-aged, and Japanese Wagyu steaks. Superb. The meats were clearly explained to us to help us select the right steaks. The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and was able to strike the right balance of attentive without hovering over us. The wine, sides, and desserts were also superb. We also enjoyed the fact that the noise level was minimal. It was nice being able to enjoy the food and conversation without having to raise our voices. This really was a wonderful evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksHateValetDined on 7/15/2014Great steaks, great creamed corn, the best carrot cake we've ever had, HATE mandatory valet, we'll park at McCoy's next door and walk next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingTokiTeknoFileDined on 7/14/2014This was our second time eating at Killen's Steakhouse. On both times that we have eaten here, the food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The USDA choice Filet Minon was seasoned and cooked to medium perfection, and their Wagyu cuts are so flavorful and buttery in texture. I would have to say that, in my opinion, this steak place beats any high-end steak house chain out there. This definitely is a true gem in the Pearland area, and I always recommend this place to any foodie who wants to try out a unique-to-the-Houston-area experience.Special Features:
- My Killen's ExperienceDivaliciousDined on 7/14/2014The food was exceptional however the ambiance was not! They really should upgrade this building. Paying top notch for my Waygu should be justified with a clean moderate bathroom facility! Water was leaking and this was a noted problem. Can you call a local plumer please! I should not have to fan flies from my dinner. It truly took away from the quality of the steak. I also understand that the food must be tasted when being made. But 3 different guys seen tasting and dropping the remains back in the dish is not acceptable.Special Features:
- Best Steak in HoustonTBIRDDined on 7/11/2014I have been to many of the upscale steakhouses in Houston and by far Killen's has the best steak in or outside the city. The meat selection is outstanding and the steaks are cooked to perfection. Creamed corn and the corn risotto are favorites. Don't forget to try the Vesper martini and the carrot cake. Well worth the trip.Special Features:
- AmazingcfbiDined on 7/10/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and Killen's was an amazing experience. Very pricey, but worth every penny for a special occasion. We all agreed, the best steaks we had ever eaten. All the sides were delicious, especially the corn risotto. Service was perfect. Our waiter was able to answer all our questions without hesitation. Will definitely go again when we have a special event to celebrate.Special Features:
- BirthdayJohnDined on 7/10/2014This was a very special treat for us. My wife celebrates "birthday week" and this year her quest was to find the best ribeye she had ever eaten. She did...at Killen's...our 4th stop. James was helpful, attentive and very knowledgeable on menu items. The only downside to a wonderful dinner was the crab cake appetizer. It was so good, nicely prepared and presented, that both of us just wanted more and to just skip everything else. Glad we didn't as the steak, and sides were very tasty....try the mushrooms...they should come in a dish large enough to bathe in. Then came the carrot cake. James explained the process used to create it and took us to back to watch. Over the top good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every wayDebngregVIPDined on 7/10/2014Our entire experience was amazing. We knew the place must be good, as we had tried several times to make reservations on Saturday nights. When we had plans on that side of town mid-week, we decided to give Killen's a try. What a treat! We will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/9/2014The reservation was canceled due to a kitchen malfunction. Will try again...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class ActMediumRareDined on 7/9/2014We were just leaving from Houston to drive to Killen's Steakhouse for a much anticipated 26th anniversary dinner. Just as we were getting on the West Loop, Killen's receptionist called to tell us that the kitchen had an incident and had to close. I am fairly sure that this is one of the first time that a restaurant has called me rather than have me show up to give me the bad news of a cancellation. I can't tell you much more than that, but we will try again. As to the ratings, I couldn't submit unless they were filled in (maybe tweak the form Open Table?). Thank you for the customer heads-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- equipment failed shutdown kitchenDK21Dined on 7/9/2014This occurred on 7-9-2014 - I hear the food is good but I didn’t get to try it. As we were ordering the place filled with nauseating smoke from the kitchen because their smoke fan broke down. We were given an apology and told they were shutting down. It was disappointing we made babysitting arrangements and drove a long way to eat here for my wife’s birthday and they were unprepared for this fan issue. They apologized but made no offer for complimentary anything on the next visit for our inconvenience. Thankfully we were able to get in at Eddie V’s on Kirby one of our favorite spots and saved the night. Not sure if or when we will give Killen’s a 2nd chance.
- Best steaks around.....LynneR912VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food, service and wine offerings were outstanding, as usual. The addition of valet parking was very welcome.Special Features:
- First time tryingEReaDined on 7/5/2014This was my first time trying Killens. Anniversary dinner. Best steak. Better than any other high end steak house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner @ KillensgmanDined on 7/3/2014As always, Killen's Steakhouse was excellent. Food was outstanding from the appetizer to the desert. We brought some family from out of town and they were blown away. Best steaks they had ever eaten.Special Features:
- DevineDined on 7/2/2014Absolutely the best steak and side items I've had! What makes the experience more enjoyable was the fact that this steakhouse is located "off the beaten path."I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow, what a disappointment!!!SkipperDined on 7/1/2014Killen's steakhouse is as bad as their BBQ is good. Very loud and very long wait between ordering and food arrival. My asparagus appetizer was in cased in an armored breaded covering. I had to remove the breading forcefully to get at some pretty bad asparagus. My steak was very dry and very bloody. Definitely not medium. Save your money and take this off your list of places to eat.