The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (188)neighborhood gem (119)special occasion (116)hot spot (81)notable wine list (68)romantic (68)great for lunch (57)good for groups (47)vibrant bar scene (35)great for outdoor dining (22)great for brunch (19)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Date nightjonlDined on 6/20/2014My wife and try to get out without the kids 1-2 times a month and luckily we had been given a gift card to the Ravenous Pig. We had been before and the food and drinks were amazing this time as well. You have to try the Gruyere Biscuits! It came time for the bill and I put down the gift card and my credit card. The waitress came back and said that the gift card was empty. She offered to bring it to her manager to see if he could look up the history. He was unable to find were the card had been used and decided to honor the card and the amount that I told him was on the card. It was extremely generous and you don't find people or establishments like this anymore. So not only do they have great food they have great people also.Special Features:
- lunch reviewlovemyfatsDined on 6/20/2014The food was very good. I was a little disappointed that there were no gluten free option so we asked for apples or cucumbers for our spread and you did not have any. That was a little strange that a restaurant would not have apples or cucumber. Todays customers are health conscious and finding restaurants that offer grass feed beef, gmo, soy, and corn free options is very important. Also I look for restaurants that use no oils for cooking, but instead will use real butter and real fat. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed a night out with friendsBarbaraADined on 6/18/2014I had the pork belly with figs, a falafel salad and shared a fried green tomato starter. Everything was wonderful. The special treat of the night was the blueberry sorbet. I would recommend this restaurant even though it is pricey and the dining area can be VERY noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was goodMannyDined on 6/18/2014Great place for lunch in this part of town. Valet parking is a great complement. Menu provides good options and food was good. Service was very good and quick. Price is what I expected for this restaurant category.Special Features:
- Favorite place in OrlandoMaggieDined on 6/17/2014I am a foodie and have been to the Pig many, many times and it NEVER disappoints! The food is always incredible, it's so fresh and flavorful. Their charcuterie is the best in the city by far.Special Features:
- Fun and DeliciousDiana78VIPDined on 6/17/2014The Ravenous Pig is a great experience for all! The food was delicious and the menu had great variety. Everyone in my party really enjoyed the food and ambiance. It's a great local find!Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant!TheOrlandoFoodieGalsDined on 6/14/2014My boyfriend and I had an 8:30 pm dinner reservation on a Saturday. As soon as we got there we were seated promptly. The ambiance was rustically beautiful and the seating was elegant. The food was superb! We enjoyed the Gruyere biscuits, Shrimp and Grits, Steak Frites, Pork Porterhouse, and blueberry crepes. On the weekends this place seems to attract a lot of boisterous people that love to drink. So if you want a quiet, romantic dinner I would recommend going during the week. Other than that, we love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow lunch service in empty jointDGPayne02VIPDined on 6/14/2014Although there weren't that many people there at noon on Saturday for lunch, our server was absent most of our visit (this was our first time here to boot). He forgot our pretzel order that we decided on for our appetizer. But, the food was good, I will say that. Maybe he was just having an off day. Hoping that our next visit service is more prompt.Special Features:
- This little piggie brought it home!ChoosiefoodieDined on 6/13/2014The food at the Ravenous Pig has always risen above the peasant fare that a pub (gastro or not), with a penchant for the pig delivers. Even with the ever increasing popularity of bacon infused farm to table foods becoming annoyingly everyday, the food at the pig continues to evolve as new takes on the favorite shrimp n grits or the snack board, keep things fresh for the fans. Chef Petrakis and his team can be seen at the kitchen window....him, calm and cool as he inspects, garnishes, and occasionally looks up to greet a groupie diner or two-the staff, hustling, beads of sweat captured by bandanas, creating their master's vision. My favorite place is at the Chef's counter where I can taste every dish just by watching what has gone into it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sated HeiferQueenMabDined on 6/12/2014Awesome dining experience. There are only a few items on the menu and every one is a gem. These dishes are made with seasonal, local ingredients. Most of the waiters have been with the restaurant for a long time. Ask the waiter what to get. Most likely, she has tasted everything.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/10/2014Outstanding menu -- both food and beverage. A little outside of Orlando, but well worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodies! I concur!GarciaStudiosDined on 6/7/2014We were very delighted with the food and service at this restaurant. Our server was very informative, explaining the origin of the restaurant and each course option. I would definitely recommend this dining experience for those looking for something different than all the chain restaurants that exist in Orlando.Special Features:
- MandLDined on 6/7/2014Ravenous Pig was just fine. We went for pork fest and were both disappointed with the quality of the meat. Our roast pork was more fat than pork. Because it was pork fest the plates were set. There was a lot of collard greens and peas on our plate and it came with the smallest peach cobbler I have ever seen - the size of a quarter. We probably should have made our first visit on a regular night - won't be in a hurry to go back.
- MikeMikeDined on 6/7/2014Relaxing, with food that is prepared where flavors blend into a creative dish that never disappoints. Staff is pleasant and service is top rate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first experiencezkeeper99Dined on 6/6/2014We enjoyed our first visit to the acclaimed Ravenous Pig this week. The food (apart from the mediocre Biscuits) was exceptional and the Bacon Old Fashioned was the best version of that classic cocktail I've ever had! The atmosphere is fun and relaxed, although not ideal for an intimate meal due to the high noise levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must go if you are around OrlandogsviannaDined on 6/6/2014Excelente experience. Not fancy, excelente food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VickiDined on 6/5/2014We have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed in the quality of food or service. The menu constantly changes but their are several standard (daily) items. Shrimp and grits is a standard and is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary foodABL75Dined on 6/4/2014Creative, yet down to earth food. Excellent selection of raw products combined in delicious combinations. Short but very complete wine list, with very notable selections. Would be back everyone I am in Orlando.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerPeteyBoyDined on 6/3/2014My wife and I went for our 32 wedding anniversary. We both really enjoyed our dinner, we will return. The food and the service were both fantastic!Special Features:
- Worth the 4 Attempts!dadanddaughtersDined on 5/31/2014Wow...after four attempts over two months, I was finally able to get a reservation, settling for an 8:30PM time. It was worth it for Orlando's #1 restaurant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable...PhlipboyDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I enjoyed a memorable dinner last Saturday. It was our first visit to TRP and I will say it now that we'll be back. From pre-dinner cocktails at the bar to the waitstaff, the overall service we received was top notch complemented our delicious meal. We will be back.Special Features:
- A MUST in Orlando!!!TipsyDined on 5/30/2014We had the best dinner ever! The food was creative and delicious; better than Michelin star restaurants we visited recently in New York, but in a comfortable welcoming atmosphere. It can be noisy, but if you want quiet, eat in a museum. The service and drinks were just as good as the food; I had a great whiskey flight which was poured and explained tableside. The wine list is great too with some really good values; the sherry to finish was amazing! Well Done!Special Features:
- Amanzing; best restaurantHonestFoodDined on 5/30/2014The absolute finest establishment I've had the pleasure eating at. From the food to the service, it is completely phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayanatriceDined on 5/28/2014This place has a lot of hype. It was pretty good but nothing compared to the places I frequent at home in Nashville. The ribeye was cooked well but overall the food was bland. My mom had the salmon and it had no flavor. The carrots that accompanied her meal tasted like salt sticks. I was underwhelmed and disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Orlando Gem in Winter ParkFoodB4AllElseDined on 5/28/2014One of the best restaurants I have come across in a long time, emphasizing fresh locally grown and caught foods (especially Florida seafood). Sister restaurant's microbrewery options very appealing as well. Not the cheapest by a stretch, but the quality is well worth the price. Service was awesome and well paced.Special Features:
- Don"t Waste Your MoneyvtastebudsDined on 5/27/2014Ambience is nice and the service is very attentive but the food on the other hand was not acceptable. We started off with the Bitter Green Salad Caesar dressed served with a poached egg and bacon. The dressing had no taste, the poached egg was hard boiled, and the bacon you could not cut with a knife it so overcooked. Moving on to small plates. I had Shrimp and Grits served with Ham Hock. The two little shrimp were over cooked and grits was not grits it was polenta. The hammock was dry and again the dish had no taste. My wife had the shrimp taco with avocado. The shrimp were fried nicely and retained their crunch. The avocado was not avocado rather it was avocado mayonnaise and the cabbage slaw was just shredded cabbage. Don't Go
- My 3year old loved it.KidseatoutDined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed by the whole family. We ordered the shrimp tacos, the pub burger, the grouper and the salmon. All dishes were well prepared. Service was excellent even though we had to wait over an hour to get our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TacosTinaVIPDined on 5/23/2014This place has amazing rock shrimp tacos that I frankly go there just for them. The bar tenders are very knowledgable but a little aloof. A little warmness and personableness would be an improvement. We've been there several times and it's like 50 first dates where they've never seen us before...but the food and drinks were great.Special Features:
- My new favorite place!!!Pfritz75VIPDined on 5/23/2014I recommend going earlier to really enjoy the bar! Great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- James Beard nominee? No way.KeepitsimpleDined on 5/22/2014Drove all the way from convention madness to visit what was supposed to be a foodie destination. While lively on a late thursday nite, the rest of the experience was lackluster at best. Ambivalent, service. Smoked fish plate was a dated attempt at minimalist plating - caused a hearty chuckle at the table. Cheddar biscuits were hard and dry (frozen?). I ordered their famous steak-frites. Tasty but under-seasoned and served on the cold side of warm. Fries were nothing special served in pint glass? Also, matchstick is too dainty for a "pub". Wine list was overpriced but the bottle of Spring Valley Cab Franc was a highlight. This place felt like a bait-and-switch given all of its accolades. Had a suspicion that it was the chef's night off.
- The following 1691 reviews are from the The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews archive.
- Great Dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014Had a great Dinner the other night to celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. Had some great drinks at the bar then moved over to the table where our server Jason took care of us. Great wine suggestions and as always the food was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local TreasureMikeDined on 5/17/2014From the eye catching name, to the beautiful setting. From the exceptional food, to the special service, the place shines! It is a true gem for a city like Winter Park to have this great restaurant. It deserves the accolades and awards that you find in many reviews!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/17/2014This is the place to go to taste great food creatively prepared. We make it a point to eat here every time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentThreedaughtersDined on 5/15/2014I've been to the Ravenous Pig several times and each time it has been excellent. The food is always outstanding and constantly evolving with great new dishes while keeping with tried-and-trues like the pub burger or the French fries. The service is attentive and professional...can get a bit noisy at times, but not bothersome. The only thing negative about the place is, it is popular, and can be difficult to get a table, especially last minute.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Was a little over priced considering the portion sizes.Special Features:
- Raves for the Ravenous PigcheezgritzDined on 5/13/2014A delightful seasonally inspired and locally sourced menu. The diversity of the entrees is sure to match tastes with everyone in your dining party.Special Features:
- Awesome!whiskeylushDined on 5/13/2014I should preface this by saying that I'm spoiled (and fortunate) to live in Seattle where the food scene is more competitive :) This restaurant was such a great find & comparable to some of the spots I frequent here in Seattle. For Central Florida, it's definitely one of the best dining experiences I've had while visiting family. The menu items weren't anything out of the ordinary, nothing spectacularly innovative that I haven't had before - lamb burger, kielbasa, shrimp tacos, mahi sandwich, truffle fries. But they were executed well and stayed true to theme of nose to tail cooking, butchering/curing/preparing their own meats. I also really appreciated the full bar (Michter's whiskey!) and excellent service during our lunch. Very happy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The restaurant itself is really nice...great atmosphere, really great drink list...I just think the more casual side of the menu is better. I got the rock shrimp tacos and a salad and it was excellent! My bf got the lamb and it was mediocre. We will def go back but this time we will be getting the burger etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful gem away from the crowdsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/9/2014My sisters had never been to Winter Park, so I wanted them to see old Orlando. So we searched for a restaurant in Winter Park and came across a review for this place. It exceeded expectations and I would definitely recommend it to othersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would probably give another tryPaulcflaDined on 5/9/2014After reading stellar reviews about The Ravenous Pig, my expectations were fairly high. The menu was not large and to my party's amazement, contrary to what the restaurant's name indicates, had very few true "pork" dishes (I believe there was only one pork entree the night I dined). In a nutshell, the appetizers were "ok", entrees were, in fact, quite good (although a burger ordered "meduim" was served almost rare), and dessert basically should have just been had elsewhere (Peach Pie should never be "deconstructed" to the extent at which it was...otherwise it should not be called "pie"). On a side note, service was great, but on a Friday evening it got quite loud.Special Features: