The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
1234 N. Orange Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theravenouspig.com/
- Phone: 407-628-2333x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: James & Julie Petrakis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Please note: We hold a Seasonal Roast on the first Saturday of every month - for lunch only. During our roast we offer a delicious plate of food for $17 per person. The usual lunch menu is not available for this day.
A word from The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub
Located on N. Orange Avenue in Winter Park, The Ravenous Pig offers Seasonal American Cuisine with menus that change daily. Come enjoy our ever changing American Microbrews on tap and wines from around the world as well as a full bar in a casual yet elegant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub - Best Restaurants in Winter Park ›
The Ravenous Pig: An American Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
240 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (190)neighborhood gem (118)special occasion (115)hot spot (78)romantic (67)notable wine list (67)great for lunch (54)good for groups (50)vibrant bar scene (33)great for outdoor dining (22)great for brunch (17)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014We enjoyed everything. I had dined before but wanted to take out my friends from upstate NY, we weren't disappointed! We loved everything. I only wish out server, upon hearing it was 2 of the party first time; that he would have gone into greater detail/enthusiasm about why RP is so special in menu wrap. Over all, wonderful as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experiencethegeoff407Dined on 8/9/2014A couple friends and I tried The Ravenous Pig for the first time and loved it all. The food and service were amazing. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodThunderfanDined on 8/8/2014We went there on the recommendation of a friend. At 9 pm the place was jumping. Several large parties around us had been drinking and made conversation difficult. The Cobia was very good as was the chicken. Our server was very attentive and knew the menu well. We enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great food and service. Mason was a great server. Very knowledgeable with beer and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in OrlandoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014My son is a chef and his review of the restaurant is "why eat anywhere else?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as its pressfoodloverDined on 8/6/2014Our party of 5 was so-so with our first time visit to Ravenous Pig. We have heard raves and saw its higher ranking of local restaurants. We had some highlights--the charcuterie platter was wonderful, protiens were great--flank steak, branzino, and pork however the tagliatelle was tasteless and the steak frites were so salty they were inedible. Also, we asked for a second helping of bread that took 18 minutes. Our wait service was average.Special Features:
- Great food, great servicePickyeatersDined on 8/5/2014This restaurant, stands out among another's in the Orlando area. Everything is fresh, inventive and certainly has no formulaic feel as my of the chains do in the area. From valet parking to goodnight and thank you from the Maitre'D, our needs were catered for. The waiting staff were very knowledgable about the menu and the food tasted great. At $150 for 3 meals this isn't cheap but well worth every dime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lex13Dined on 8/5/2014The food was well prepared and the service was very attentive. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary there and the customized our menu's. My wife was delighted. It's amazing how something so simple makes a huge difference. We will definitely stop in the next time we visit Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food not true for serviceDocjohnnyv2Dined on 8/5/2014Food and specialty drinks offered are incredible. Service fair at best, had to ask for drink refills and was almost finished with my dinner by the time it arrived.Special Features:
- Consistently greatnikos13Dined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is consistently great. You can't really go wrong with anything on the menu, but the burger is one of the best in town, and also the Gruyere biscuits appetizer needs to be tried. Beer is also good and even though the selection changes often there is always at least one that will satisfy you. Service is always outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a date nightAdamKDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I just needed a night away from the Kiddo and The Ravenous Pig was the place on the list. It was a first time and was all the hype said it was. Great beer selection for me and my wide had the bacon infused old fashioned. She really enjoyed it. Two will do the trick. :) Then we had their cheese and meats plate that they make in house. Recommended by the server. It was fantastic! Next was the seared duck. Also very good. Then we went for the Porchetta. It was only okay. In the description it did say it was a bit fatty but I wasnt expecting this much. It was crisp on the outside but juicy on the inside. It was great for some bits but others were too fatty. All and all it was a great night and was a great place to start our night.Special Features:
- TRP disappointmentNuyawkerDined on 8/2/2014Typically find the TRP outstanding but the Saturday lunch clambake was disappointing. Crab was overcooked and not worth the trouble prying out of the claw. Broth was not the outstanding mix of flavors I expect from the restaurant. Mediocre dish and will not return next summer.
- Clam BakeRobertDined on 8/2/2014The Saturday Clam Bake was excellent, the seafood in the broth was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Fabulous Food!jokrieteDined on 8/1/2014Our server Alex was very attentive, personable and knowledgable. The food was unique, flavorful, and delicious! Do not miss the veal sweetbreads!!! They ran out of the porchetta but we could not have eaten one more bite! We will have to come back and try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!! Literally speechlessEternaldrifterDined on 8/1/2014Mason, the waiter knew the menu like the back of his hand and his recommendation was spot on for both the salad and the main course! One of the best food I had across the different continents I have travelled! But you definitely have to book very early in advance or have quite some wait. But definitely worth it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014With out question a fantastic experience! We had a reservation and ended up being late, no problem! The food was out of this world, and the service matched!Special Features:
- So good!EmmanuelDined on 7/31/2014Take the time to check out this great spot! But don't go if you are not into the delicious swine, as it is (as its name states) built around it. House cured meats, and amazing shrimp tacos. Great ambience can be had if you are looking for a "taverny" feel or if you like a nice dining room.Special Features:
- Pig...out.LitKatDined on 7/30/2014We had a birthday celebration with 5 ladies. Our waiter started out very attentive, but then we had to stop other wait staff for service. That was very disappointing as we got there at opening, so it was not busy at that time. The food was good, but WAY too many fries! The staff did acknowledge the birthday and gave her a nicely decorated plate with 2 items that were inedible. We each tried a bite and the overall feeling was that they gave her what no one else could eat.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!J3k4Dined on 7/29/2014The service is incredible, our server knew the menu and everything he recommended was excellent. The food is AMAZING, the presentation, the ingredients… and the taste... it was incredible. Our night was wonderful, cocktails, food, service, ambience. I recommend this restaurant 100%.Special Features:
- Always greatcouchfamDined on 7/29/2014Every time I am always impressed. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FOODIES HAVENDicedPineapplesJonesDined on 7/26/2014If you're into gourmet creations the ravenous pig is the place for you. From beer, wine, drinks, to the food the creative tastes are divine. A mystery try for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winegirl928Dined on 7/25/2014Always an excellent meal, love this spot, all of the different food pairing combinations are always put together so wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambition outstrips executionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/25/2014Exicitng menu that changes daily, but food was hit or miss, sadly two different pastas were over-salted to the point of being inedible. Service was friendly, but slow - particularly as the restaurant got busy. They must be doing something right, as it was packed on a hot summer night.Special Features:
- A bit disappointing.DevoraVIPDined on 7/22/2014I was promptly seated. The Gruyere biscuits were overly salty, otherwise they probably would have been great. Our meals came out at different times- a bit disappointing. The Pub Burger I ordered medium well. It came out medium rare. The waiter didn't check back with me to see how it was until my friends were practically finished with their meals that arrived at the table prior to my meal. I didn't want to be the only one eating so I just left it. However the truffle fries were very good. Disappointing to pay for a meal and leave hungry because it wasn't cooked per the way it was ordered and my waiter wasn't interested to see how our meals were. :( Don't think I will head back anytime soon.Special Features:
- LunchStarDined on 7/22/2014Lunch, as usual, was delicious; every course ordered was outstanding. My guest, first time at the "pig" was delighted with all. She asked our waiter to hold the check to give us a littler longer to catch up and he so without interrupting us until we asked for the check. We were impressed. We also got the window seat as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy buy Nicetommie33Dined on 7/19/2014Limited food selection but what the 6 of us ordered was very good. Excellent selection of wine. Saturday night is crazy and very loud.Special Features:
- LeslieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We heard so much about the Ravenous Pig and had never eaten here before. We had the shrimp tacos and the mahi sandwich, and both were very tasty. We also got their dessert special, which was a crispy cherry tart w/home made ice cream. That was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Restaurant. Ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Five of us dined at the Ravenous Pig for the first time last Friday night. We all ordered something different, including multiple salads and appetizers to go with our main course and dessert. There wasn't anything served that every one of us wished we had ordered. We tasted each other's selections - because the dishes were all unique and absolutely delicious! Portions are generous and prices quite reasonable for the quality of the food and service. We highly recommend this restaurant and will visit every time we are in the Orlando area.Special Features:
- variable quaitywadaDined on 7/15/2014we ate a starter and an entrée for each of us . the starter was excellent and well thought through but the entrée was not so well organized. we had the pork porter house and fish of the day with capers. the pork was very generous in portion size but a bit pale in taste. the size of the pork was way bigger compared to the sides of the dish which made the whole dish lopsided. the fish was to small in size so I wasn´t full after the meal.Special Features:
- Great Season MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014You have to make reservations and plan on being there a couple of hours, but great food and beer. Love the seasonal menu. It doesn't seem like 2 hours when your done due to the excellent experience.Special Features:
- Food was ok.AJL1Dined on 7/11/2014I have heard amazing reviews about this place, so I took my bosses from out of town here. The surroundings were comforable and our server was very knowledgable. I have to say, the food was not very tasty. We had a slider appetizer, muscels for my meal with biscuits, a tart and the pig ears that we shared. Nothing was terrible, but I can't say that I was really blown away by anything.Special Features:
- Great place to dineBonnieDined on 7/10/2014Food was delicious, service great!!! Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful VenueDevinedining5409bahamasDined on 7/10/2014My family and I absolutely love! Love the Ravenous Pig it is if not the most favorite place when it comes to dining. To sum it up in one word scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall GoodevilpandaDined on 7/8/2014Apart from being told by a hostess that I was 45mins late for my reservation and that my table had been given away it was a very enjoyable evening. I had an email confirming 7:15pm from open table, the hostess claimed it was for 6:30pm. Her demeanor made me want to leave but we stuck it out and had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting place.....LeewardDined on 7/5/2014The noise level was extreme, it was difficult to hear the waiter and our party of five had to raise our voice to have a conversation . The menu while in some areas was self explanatory, it should have been stated the rugret ,unsure of spelling, was a fish. It was tasty and fresh . The pork chop was very fatty and only a small portion was edible , for $30-35. All in all a big disappointment .Special Features:
- Excellent for FoodiesASUFoodieDined on 7/2/2014This is a great restaurant for anyone wanting something truly special for lunch or dinner. I like the fact that, despite it being a foodie-worthy haven, the Ravenous Pig doesn't feel pretentious or stiff. You get the best of both worlds--a comfortable and relaxed setting, along with an extensive beer and wine list (usually only seen in fancy restaurants). I recommend anything on the menu, but I usually get the shrimp tacos (and I hate shrimp!) and the charcuterie platter because both items always knock my socks off!Special Features:
- Customer service lackingtawsVIPDined on 6/28/2014As always they have a very creative menu- but the customer service is always lacking. I always feel like TRP is doing me a favor by letting me eat and pay for food I eat there. They really don't know how to treat customers- as they don't care if you ever return again? At least that is how they treat you. We waited 10 min after being seated before anyone waited on us. To spend $200 on a casual dinner for 2- customer service would be nice!Special Features:
- Why That NameDineangeDined on 6/28/2014Those not in the know might think the Ravenous Pig is a down home barbeque joint. Far from it! Creative dishes are prepared, presented and served in a softly lit, upscale atmosphere that is neither casual nor intimidating. Servers really know the menu and deftly guide diners through courses and wine pairings. The award winning RP is one of the finest restaurants in Orlando. Luckily for me, the place is not in the tourist section of Orlando but in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to write home aboutdinersixDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant did not live up to all its hype, after all it took three weeks to get reservations for a party of six, so we were looking forward to a great dining experience. The food was good, but not great and the portions were small. The service was good. The atmosphere was nice, but too loud for our party. We did not think it was worth the inflated price. None in our party of six will be returning.Special Features:
- Always a Winner!Live2EatDined on 6/27/2014We always have a great time at "The Pig". The food is innovative and the same thought process goes into their cocktails. The servers are knowledgeable about the items and don't have to run to check every time a question is posed. Definitely our "go to."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.