Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)great for outdoor dining (76)special occasion (70)romantic (54)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (22)good for groups (15)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (14)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Slow & BlandAv8rDined on 5/25/2014We sat on the patio for our reservation. View is amazing. Waiter was SLOW. I can count on one hand the number of times he checked on us - including taking our order. While we were up for dessert, we opted to pass since we didn't know how long it would take. My wife ordered a gluten free pasta dish. She NEVER adds salt to any dish and she had to add salt to give it some flavor. The asparagus and salmon didn't even have any flavor. My meal was great - a special not on the menu that was of the surf and turf variety. Snow peas were great as well. Thankfully we were seated outdoors - otherwise, the noise inside would have been overwhelming I believe. Overall, not a bad experience - just not what I had hoped for on our final night in Cali.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerSarahVIPDined on 5/19/2014I arrived on time for my birthday dinner with family in tow, we were seated at the outdoor patio and in between two families with younger babies, so that is what contributed most to the noise level. The kids were good they were just using their "outside" voices. The candlelit dinner was nice but it was a little too dark for my parents who needed extra lighting and could barely read the menu. About 3/4 the way through dinner the ambient lighting sprung on, even though when we sat it was already past sunset. The ambient lighting flickered on and off most of the ending of our dinner, which was annoying. The food was phenominal, and I will always love this location for it. Service was good too, she was in the weeds but recovered nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok2ofusnothappyDined on 5/18/2014We have been to this restaurant before and loved it. I have to say we were not real pleased with all the food. My potato was rock hard and my vegetables tasted odd. My prime rib was good. My husbands salmon fettuccini was just ok. We didn't say anything there because we were with my daughter and her new husband and didn't want to make a scene. Also, when I made the reservation on line I believe I put in the comments that we were celebrating 29 years of marriage, nothing was mentioned :( At this point not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Best Italian by in CarlsbadRWilmsVIPDined on 5/16/2014We've gone here several times for Sunday brunch - awesome spot overlooking the sea in Carlsbad - so we went on Friday evening for dinner. Amazing chow! Great wine! Awesome service! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great sunset diningDrumanatorDined on 5/16/2014Great place for sunset dining. Would liked it more if our steaks were a little less done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy ViewJackDined on 5/14/2014It is all about the view. The food is good as well-but you are paying for the view. A bottle of House Wine-$24. entree's begin at 36.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteDaveCDined on 5/14/2014When are adult children with their families come to town this a must dinner experience. We have celebrated birthdays, family dinners and Nw Years eve, have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was scarceAndiamoDined on 5/11/2014The view and food were fantastic. Unfortunately our waiter was un-engaged and scarce during our meal. Drinks were slow to come and had to ask for essentials. Made our experience lack luster.Special Features:
- Mothers DayJackDined on 5/11/2014We went for early dinner on Mother's Day, 5:30pm. The place was busy, had good energy. Crowd was mixed between family's and people well dressed to people who looked like they just came off the pier in Oceanside. The table was lousy, felt like Grand Central station with people constantly passing by and us having to adjust our chairs so people could squeeze through. Service was mediocre, our waitress was polite but she seemed overwhelmed with her tables. Food was mostly good with a few standouts but I had the NY Strip for $62 and it was on par with an outback steakhouse cut.
- Mother's Day TreatsunsetluvrDined on 5/11/2014Vigilucchi's has a beautiful ocean view, caring servers and a creative menu for special occasions. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always: food and serviceJaMataDined on 5/11/2014This is one of our local places that we just don't get to often enough. All of the "Vigilucci" related restaurants in the area do an absolute fine job of creating a great dining experience. There are lots of windows so it feels pretty open. This is in addition to the outdoor patio. You look across PCH to the ocean which is a nice added bonus. The food is always simply very good, nothing absolutely over the top but always very good. They also have terrific wait staff. Professional waiters I really appreciate.Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerghouserDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten here before and it impressed again. The service was excellent. It was an extremely busy night at the restaurant and our server was very attentive. Great food quality, our only negative was that our steaks didn't have any seasoning on them. The filets were an excellent cut of meat, it just could have used seasoning on them to help add a little something extra. I had requested a window table and mentioned it was our anniversary on the reservation. They remembered both!Special Features:
- good food, nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014WE WERE CELEBRATING AN ANNIVERSARY AND THE WAITER IGNORED THAT FACT. I AM USED TO A MORE SPECIAL FEELING WHEN SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY ON A A CELEBRATION DINNER. THE SUNSET WAS BEAUTIFUL THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD EVENING.Special Features:
- Carlsbad favecaligirlVIPDined on 5/1/2014Food, wine and service, always excellent! Ambience is excellent for a nice lunch or dinner, not too loud, so you can talk. I always have lunch here when in Carlsbad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best scallops everEdoErgoDined on 4/30/2014Had the seafood assortment for two with lobster tail, mussels and clams, shrimp, crab legs and diver scallops. Everything was very good but the scallops made the rest look worse by comparison. Scallops are my favorite bivalve, but these were the best either of us have had: seared perfectly outside, barely done inside. The mussels and clams in broth were also outstanding (had to get extra bread just to enjoy more broth). The dessert truffle with grand marnier was also excellent and surprisingly light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, special dinnerOJPugDined on 4/27/2014We went for our son's 30th birthday. Great service, nice ocean view (the cars on coast highway actually added to the ambiance), our waitress Heather was great. We had the seafood grill and the cioppino, and my wife says it's the best seafood she has had in years. The beef carpaccio appetizer was also great and something you don't find many places.Special Features:
- As good as expected!Cubsfan10Dined on 4/24/2014We had family in town from Chicago looking for a scenic place for a nice dinner. I immediately thought of Vigiluccis! I called to adjust our reservation and took the chance asking for the patio. There was supposed to be a party that reserved the patio so we'd be inside. To my surprise I showed up and our table was right kn the patio window! The food was excellent, service was flawless and the sunset was perfection! Thank you for a night my family will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 11OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014Overall our experience was very good. However, the wait staff was not as good as in past visits. The bread, usually a highlight of our visit, was not warm and the crust was a bit too crunchy. My meal was warm, not hot, again as in past visits. We will return for the flavors and view and hope the other details are improved. I expect an "8 of 10" experience for the $$$. What we got was a "6 of 10".Special Features:
- What a beautiful outside settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Very consistent food. Always excellent. The outside dining is beautiful. Great wine selection. There is always a unique special to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch by the water - very nicelynnskiDined on 4/17/2014Imagine my surprise to arrive at my noon lunch date and find we were the only party! That didn't last long though, I guess Vigilucci's is a later lunch crowd. We had a very nice table by the window, it being too cool and overcast for outdoor seating. On a sunny day I would surely take advantage of the patio. Food was good, a little on the pricey side but to be expected for this level of restaurant. Would come again for dinner if it was more in my neighborhood. I wanted to meet someone from OC in Oceanside for lunch but there are really no decent restaurants there (at least for lunch on a Wednesday.) Can anyone explain that? I selected the restaurant and my host was very pleased with my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodeatswellDined on 4/15/2014The restaurant has a nice facility with good food and great people. It is always a pleasure to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the View Enjoyed the FoodVelk1976Dined on 4/10/2014Hoped to see a spectacular sunset, but the cloud cover came in early. Drinks, appetizers, salad and main course were all prepared well. Would return. A little pricey, so would be for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Go to RestaurantSDisDivineDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I came here on our 9th Anniversary mainly because we live in Vista and it's the only place between Oceanside and Cardiff that has an ocean-view/front. My wife had the Cioppino which she loved but I think the actual silver platter it was served in was too long in and oval shape and shallow. It appeared like the food was floating inside the Pacific Ocean with islands of seafood (actually including LARGE Shrimp). I had the meat trio of chicken/filet/sausage with was satisfying. I don't know what brand sausage they use but I really liked it, kind of both spicy and sweet. The bottle of Barolo complimented our meals and was excellent. Bottom line: you'll be happy with whatever you order. Risotto/Pastas/Specials hit the mark!Special Features:
- Great food & atmospheredanimalDined on 4/2/2014Second time at Vigilucci's in Carlsbad. I prefer to park my own car but there's no parking onsite for self parking. I have no complaints about the food which says quite a bit. People who know me call me a "food snob". High quality ingredients, great presentation, and cooked to perfection. Fancy, foreign words on the menu don't add any value to the food or experience. Last time I was there, our server was excellent as well as the other staff. This time however, our food took quite a bit longer to come out than usual and our server didn't seem to notice us much. Overall, it was a good experience and although expensive, I knew what I was getting into. I would recommend it to a friend, but only on a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBigEdDined on 3/29/2014We chose Vigiltucci's for our anniversary dinner, great food, fantastic service and great ocean view! We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting there again soon! Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dinejrlvsgolfDined on 3/28/2014Beautiful view very good food and excellent service. Parking an issue as valet is $4 plus tip and limited street parking on PCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCindyCDined on 3/26/2014The food is absolutely fantastic! The service is great too. Love sitting on the patio and looking at the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Engagement DinnerBethandDelDined on 3/22/2014My Fiance and I got to enjoy the restuarant last Saturday night! Julie waas our server and a real pleasure to dine with. She made the night enjoyable and her personality is very light and friendly! We look forward to going back and enjoying another dinner there soon. We had the camari sauteed in white wine and tomatoes! Some of the best calamri I ave ever had! The Boar Ragout with fettuccine was amazing. The pasta was almost creamy, and the ragout was perfect. I was so full, but I cleaned my plate. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant and Great ViewEsweetsVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had an early dinner on the outdoor patio. The view of the sunset was spectacular and the food just as good. Everyone welcomed us and our two grandsons, ages 7 and 9. The kids loved the food, also. We have been to this restaurant previously and have found the high quality food to be consistently excellent. We recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- Lunch BunchCbad123Dined on 3/18/2014I've lived in Carlsbad for 40 years, and I love having a restaurant with a spectacular ocean view. Vigilucci's has always offered great food, excellent service, and special ambience. While I always love our servers, I want to call attention to the support staff who are always ready to refill water and iced tea glasses, clear away used plates, and offer a smile to the customers. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome nightjackDined on 3/16/2014Watching sun set with a fine wine and a plate of fine Italian food....wow, what more can you say. The service level was outstanding from the managers, bartenders to the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Everything from service to food to ambience absolutely exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Carlsbad, and that's greatPulkDined on 3/10/2014The pasta and seafood was perfectly prepared, the steaks, trimmed perfectly and cooked to the desired temp. The Manhattans were just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualYummyDined on 3/8/2014Thank goodness for our reservation because it was really busy. Food and service was great as usual. The only negative was my husband ordered the ahi tuna for dinner and a side salad which was not needed as the ahi came with a bed of arugula that was bigger than his salad. We wished the waitress had mentioned how much greens came with the tuna entree when he ordered the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014They were out of several things on the menu......no veal.shank.....no oysters. The waitress had such a heavy accent I couldn't understand half of what she said and finding her between orders was impossible. food was mediocre at best.......A non repeat for sure .....especially at their prices.Special Features:
- Special favoriteDine4funDined on 2/24/2014This place never disappoints. Food is excellent and view can't be beatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTutuDined on 2/22/2014What a wonderful evening We were seated upon arrival at a great table with an ocean view I don't remember our waiters name, tall handsome and Italian but he took excellent care of our party We all had something different and as I don't eat meat, he made a special red sauce Pasta with different mushrooms on homemade pasta, that was incredible My husband had the pasta with boars meat, my sister had a fish and pasta dish Overall a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had reservations for 7:45.MNSNOWBIRDDined on 2/19/2014Had reservations for 7:45. got their early and could be seated immediately, but hostess said we could go to the bar if we wanted to wait for a nicer table. We went to the bar, and 30 minutes later I had to go up to the hostess table and ask why they had not yet seated us. They apologized for forgetting us in the bar. Other than that, food was good and the table server was excellent. We will probably come here again before we head back to the tundra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Eveningtiffanyleanne1Dined on 2/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for Valentine's day and had a great romantic dinner. The reservation only had us waiting about 5 minutes while they set up our table, and we were excited that we even got a table on the outside patio! We ordered a great house bottle of wine and some amazing lobster pasta dishes that would definitely take us back! The only downfall, the service was not so great because it was the Saturday night after Valentine's day so it was completely slammed. I don't know how their service is on an average night, so we will definitely be back to find out! Our patio table was heated so we had a beautiful ocean view at a very comfortable temperature! They even offer espresso after your dinner, which we did and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACETonysDined on 2/15/2014We ate there this past Saturday 2-15 and the food was exceptional. We had the oysters rockafellar, best app hands down. I had the veal and she had the chiopino and everything was wonderful. We arrived 15 min late because of parking and the young hostess was rather snooty about it. She said they gave our table to walk-ins and she would let me know what was available. 20 min went by and I heard her seat another couple the just walked in without a reservation and I asked her when we would get a table and she said when it slows down. I asked for the manager and he asked if we would mind the bar area. We sat at the bar and had a great time with the bartender. So other than the snooty little girl things were fine. We will be back next time in CA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.