Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (98)great for outdoor dining (78)special occasion (76)romantic (64)fit for foodies (45)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (27)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Dinner for 11OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014Overall our experience was very good. However, the wait staff was not as good as in past visits. The bread, usually a highlight of our visit, was not warm and the crust was a bit too crunchy. My meal was warm, not hot, again as in past visits. We will return for the flavors and view and hope the other details are improved. I expect an "8 of 10" experience for the $$$. What we got was a "6 of 10".Special Features:
- What a beautiful outside settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Very consistent food. Always excellent. The outside dining is beautiful. Great wine selection. There is always a unique special to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch by the water - very nicelynnskiDined on 4/17/2014Imagine my surprise to arrive at my noon lunch date and find we were the only party! That didn't last long though, I guess Vigilucci's is a later lunch crowd. We had a very nice table by the window, it being too cool and overcast for outdoor seating. On a sunny day I would surely take advantage of the patio. Food was good, a little on the pricey side but to be expected for this level of restaurant. Would come again for dinner if it was more in my neighborhood. I wanted to meet someone from OC in Oceanside for lunch but there are really no decent restaurants there (at least for lunch on a Wednesday.) Can anyone explain that? I selected the restaurant and my host was very pleased with my choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodeatswellDined on 4/15/2014The restaurant has a nice facility with good food and great people. It is always a pleasure to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the View Enjoyed the FoodVelk1976Dined on 4/10/2014Hoped to see a spectacular sunset, but the cloud cover came in early. Drinks, appetizers, salad and main course were all prepared well. Would return. A little pricey, so would be for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Go to RestaurantSDisDivineDined on 4/9/2014My wife and I came here on our 9th Anniversary mainly because we live in Vista and it's the only place between Oceanside and Cardiff that has an ocean-view/front. My wife had the Cioppino which she loved but I think the actual silver platter it was served in was too long in and oval shape and shallow. It appeared like the food was floating inside the Pacific Ocean with islands of seafood (actually including LARGE Shrimp). I had the meat trio of chicken/filet/sausage with was satisfying. I don't know what brand sausage they use but I really liked it, kind of both spicy and sweet. The bottle of Barolo complimented our meals and was excellent. Bottom line: you'll be happy with whatever you order. Risotto/Pastas/Specials hit the mark!Special Features:
- Great food & atmospheredanimalDined on 4/2/2014Second time at Vigilucci's in Carlsbad. I prefer to park my own car but there's no parking onsite for self parking. I have no complaints about the food which says quite a bit. People who know me call me a "food snob". High quality ingredients, great presentation, and cooked to perfection. Fancy, foreign words on the menu don't add any value to the food or experience. Last time I was there, our server was excellent as well as the other staff. This time however, our food took quite a bit longer to come out than usual and our server didn't seem to notice us much. Overall, it was a good experience and although expensive, I knew what I was getting into. I would recommend it to a friend, but only on a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBigEdDined on 3/29/2014We chose Vigiltucci's for our anniversary dinner, great food, fantastic service and great ocean view! We highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to visiting there again soon! Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dinejrlvsgolfDined on 3/28/2014Beautiful view very good food and excellent service. Parking an issue as valet is $4 plus tip and limited street parking on PCH.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeCindyCDined on 3/26/2014The food is absolutely fantastic! The service is great too. Love sitting on the patio and looking at the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Engagement DinnerBethandDelDined on 3/22/2014My Fiance and I got to enjoy the restuarant last Saturday night! Julie waas our server and a real pleasure to dine with. She made the night enjoyable and her personality is very light and friendly! We look forward to going back and enjoying another dinner there soon. We had the camari sauteed in white wine and tomatoes! Some of the best calamri I ave ever had! The Boar Ragout with fettuccine was amazing. The pasta was almost creamy, and the ragout was perfect. I was so full, but I cleaned my plate. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant and Great ViewEsweetsVIPDined on 3/21/2014Had an early dinner on the outdoor patio. The view of the sunset was spectacular and the food just as good. Everyone welcomed us and our two grandsons, ages 7 and 9. The kids loved the food, also. We have been to this restaurant previously and have found the high quality food to be consistently excellent. We recommend this restaurant very highly.Special Features:
- Lunch BunchCbad123Dined on 3/18/2014I've lived in Carlsbad for 40 years, and I love having a restaurant with a spectacular ocean view. Vigilucci's has always offered great food, excellent service, and special ambience. While I always love our servers, I want to call attention to the support staff who are always ready to refill water and iced tea glasses, clear away used plates, and offer a smile to the customers. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome nightjackDined on 3/16/2014Watching sun set with a fine wine and a plate of fine Italian food....wow, what more can you say. The service level was outstanding from the managers, bartenders to the servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Everything from service to food to ambience absolutely exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Carlsbad, and that's greatPulkDined on 3/10/2014The pasta and seafood was perfectly prepared, the steaks, trimmed perfectly and cooked to the desired temp. The Manhattans were just rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as usualYummyDined on 3/8/2014Thank goodness for our reservation because it was really busy. Food and service was great as usual. The only negative was my husband ordered the ahi tuna for dinner and a side salad which was not needed as the ahi came with a bed of arugula that was bigger than his salad. We wished the waitress had mentioned how much greens came with the tuna entree when he ordered the salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehhhhhOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2014They were out of several things on the menu......no veal.shank.....no oysters. The waitress had such a heavy accent I couldn't understand half of what she said and finding her between orders was impossible. food was mediocre at best.......A non repeat for sure .....especially at their prices.Special Features:
- Special favoriteDine4funDined on 2/24/2014This place never disappoints. Food is excellent and view can't be beatenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itTutuDined on 2/22/2014What a wonderful evening We were seated upon arrival at a great table with an ocean view I don't remember our waiters name, tall handsome and Italian but he took excellent care of our party We all had something different and as I don't eat meat, he made a special red sauce Pasta with different mushrooms on homemade pasta, that was incredible My husband had the pasta with boars meat, my sister had a fish and pasta dish Overall a great nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had reservations for 7:45.MNSNOWBIRDDined on 2/19/2014Had reservations for 7:45. got their early and could be seated immediately, but hostess said we could go to the bar if we wanted to wait for a nicer table. We went to the bar, and 30 minutes later I had to go up to the hostess table and ask why they had not yet seated us. They apologized for forgetting us in the bar. Other than that, food was good and the table server was excellent. We will probably come here again before we head back to the tundra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Eveningtiffanyleanne1Dined on 2/15/2014I took my boyfriend here for Valentine's day and had a great romantic dinner. The reservation only had us waiting about 5 minutes while they set up our table, and we were excited that we even got a table on the outside patio! We ordered a great house bottle of wine and some amazing lobster pasta dishes that would definitely take us back! The only downfall, the service was not so great because it was the Saturday night after Valentine's day so it was completely slammed. I don't know how their service is on an average night, so we will definitely be back to find out! Our patio table was heated so we had a beautiful ocean view at a very comfortable temperature! They even offer espresso after your dinner, which we did and it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT PLACETonysDined on 2/15/2014We ate there this past Saturday 2-15 and the food was exceptional. We had the oysters rockafellar, best app hands down. I had the veal and she had the chiopino and everything was wonderful. We arrived 15 min late because of parking and the young hostess was rather snooty about it. She said they gave our table to walk-ins and she would let me know what was available. 20 min went by and I heard her seat another couple the just walked in without a reservation and I asked her when we would get a table and she said when it slows down. I asked for the manager and he asked if we would mind the bar area. We sat at the bar and had a great time with the bartender. So other than the snooty little girl things were fine. We will be back next time in CA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayBarbieDined on 2/14/2014Great choice for Valentines Day! Best holiday menu I have found. Fabulous 4 course meal or a la carte menu. The restaurant was packed, but the staff still made you feel pampered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went for Valentine's Day,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's Day, had a reservation and were seated as soon as we arrived, shich was nice. Was a busy night, but waiter was friendly and very attentive, tables on the patio were a little tight together so conversation was slightly difficult, but enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MGRRobertDined on 2/13/2014Our waiter Marcello was excellent, but the manager seemed a little up tight.Special Features:
- It was a fun night my friend2lu2dineDined on 2/7/2014It was a fun night my friend loved everything about it & will be back soon.Special Features:
- Amazing food and service!EvelynDined on 2/7/20142nd visit to this restaurant. 1st visit was great and the food was still as amazing as was the service on my 2nd visit.Special Features:
- Simply the BestMauimomDined on 1/27/2014Delicious food and great service!!! What more do you need to say. Can be a little loud on the weekend, this time we went on a Monday & it was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassHartDined on 1/22/2014If you are looking for great service and excellent food this is the place. Expect to pay above average and you will pay for parking, but it is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow at first.GaryDined on 1/16/2014Service was slow at first. Maitre'd picked up on it. Comp'd us calamari and service was excellent after that. Great food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- big italianmsantoshDined on 12/29/2013Best Diver Scallop dish we have ever had! The Creme Brûlée was perfectly created and served with the crusty top and cold brûlée, awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, fair foodsageDined on 12/26/2013We ate indoors, because the noise level outside was intolerable for carrying on a conversation. We still had a great view from indoors. My daughter and I shared a ribeye steak. The taste was good, but it was tough! My husband's spaghetti was just okay-it needed a lot more sauce. Dangerous to leave the parking lot because of the traffic. We don't plan to eat there again, and would not recommend it to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do I look OK?Sittingnext2uDined on 12/24/2013Yes, we (Wife and I) would recommend and return to dine at Vigiluci's. The food and level of service is outstanding. The only comment that I have...is... People yes you... If you decide to have dinner at Vigiluci's and show up in flip flops, a t shirt and shorts... Stay home. You may have been told that you look good and it's appropriate evening wear but you were lied to. Vigiluci's you would do your evening diners a great service to have a dress code enforced when the sun goes down. Wonderful meal, great service...and... Yes, we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Vigilucci's SeafoodTeacherVIPDined on 12/24/2013Hello, We had our first dinner on 12/24, Christmas Eve. The place is very nice w a great view. I was happy I was seated in a booth for 2 vs. the 4 person tables they had. I had the special, seabass w sliced almonds on top, in a coconut sauce. It was very good. The vegetable was bokchoy & not enough. I would have preferred zucchini, string beans, peas/carrots instead. The mashed potatoes was massive and overpowered the plate. It was not buttery rich creamy but tasted of beef/onion soup.This has to be improved.My date had the grilled prawns, scallops w a 2 flavor fettuccine, regular & spinach.The dish had sun dried tomatoes instead of tomato sauce which I would have preferred.The peach martini was good but not enough. A pricey place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 great dining experiences so far..ncsa97Dined on 12/23/2013Dined at the Coronado restaurant awhile back and it was delicious. In the mood for a steak so we chose the steak and seafood eatery in Carlsbad. Great food. My steak was perfect. Wife's seafood was excellent. Sure, it's expensive but you usually get what you pay for, right? It was noisy due to us sitting by a table of 7 or 8. A few pre-teens with no manners bickering but no restaurants fault. Was surprised how many kids were scattered around the restaurant. So, not too romantic but great food.Special Features:
- Met an old friendtku2013Dined on 12/22/2013Had a great time and food was great. Really enjoyed the salmon pasta dish. Prepared expertly. Server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerFrancoisDined on 12/15/2013I like the food a lot, high quality and nice service, good bar as well! That's the second time I come. The only thing I dislike is the noise, but that's not the fault of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top dinnerDaveADined on 12/6/2013We had a company dinner there on Friday evening. Excellent food. It was a big hit. Better than several prior times at the restaurant. Highlight of the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night on the patiokrisDined on 12/2/2013We had a lovely evening at this welcoming and relaxing restaurant. Great table on the patio with heaters to keep us nice and warm. Thoroughly recommend the lobster ravioli and the prawn linguini. Really charming server too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.