Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (81)romantic (68)fit for foodies (48)neighborhood gem (44)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (28)good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- KiamaraKidDined on 6/26/2014Great food, the veal was too big for my wife. A little on the high end of price. Good place for an occasion. KSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Viewmamabearof2Dined on 6/25/2014Awesome patio seating....great ocean view...Cioppino is outstanding! It's what my husband to Vigilucci's for! My salmon was great, so fresh! The best was the dessert....Tortino Al Chocolatto-a chocolate lava cake, raspberry sauce with Vanilla Bean gelato-TO DIE FOR. We like to save Vigilucci's for special occasions but really it would be great anytime!Special Features:
- Delicious!tlfc4Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dining experience. Excellent food and wine choices and a beautiful view. We also had excellent service.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodCDeworldDined on 6/21/2014Certainly there are seafood and steaks on the menue, but also in keeping with Vigilucci's roots, there are a number of excellent dishes with Italian influence. The staff is helpful and friendly and there a number of reasonably priced wines on the menu. Everything was very well prepared and visually appealing. Do not expect a quiet atmosphere; outside seating is subject to traffic noise and inside the conversation level tends to be high, but it is always lively and upbeat.Special Features:
- Dining in Carlsbad, CAFastEddyDined on 6/19/2014Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse is must for those looking for fine dining in the Carlsbad, CA area. The food was very good, our waiter was exceptional. Sometimes when you go to a restaurant like this, the wait staff is a little pretentious, perhaps even a bit haughty; not here. There were only a few negatives: parking - tight quarters but the valets get it done; a little slow filling water glasses, bringing coffee; we had to send my wife's steak back for more grill time, she likes it VERY well (it's sad, really). Overall, my wife and I had a wonderful evening. I'm confident you'll enjoy your experience, too. Thanks, Vigilucci's!Special Features:
- Tasty!DrMamboDined on 6/18/2014The mushroom and scallop pasta dish that I had was delightful. Easily obtained reservations, they were ready for us when we arrived. And my food was delicious. Would definitely eat here again. Didn't love the oil & vinegar combo for dipping the bread, but I could see how some would like it.Special Features:
- For Romantic Get AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2014Worth the trip, but, a bit pricy, service lacked. Appeared there was confusion between wait staff and table service.Special Features:
- Great find!CheplerDined on 6/17/2014The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Great bar to sit and watch ocean and passersby. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewSpagettidogDined on 6/16/2014Food was good, view is wonderful, service is slow and that is an understatement. Would have liked to have another glass of wine with dinner. We were afraid our coffee would be cold or gone by the time we got desertSpecial Features:
- Vigilucci's RevieweaglemommaDined on 6/15/2014The food and the view were speculator. The service wasn't that good however. Our waitress never checked on us during the whole time we had our food. We had to ask somebody else for a dessert menu. We spent $255 on lunch for 4 of us, you'd expect the service to go with that price but it did not. I would not go back based on the service.Special Features:
- AmbienceNeutrinoDined on 6/14/2014Great setting, wonderful menu and excellent service. We had a delicious meal. The food was well prepared without being over seasoned and the presentation was appetizing without being pretentious. Our Chianti was robust and memorable.Special Features:
- Perfect...but priceyCalbeachladyDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed all our dishes, service, the view. We came to celebrate a special birthday dinner for my daughter. Her husband took her here for their first date and then later proposed to her here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014This is my favorite Italian restaurant in San Diego County. The food is always outstanding and consistent. The only negative I can say about this location is that it was a very loud. I normally sit outside or by the window.Special Features:
- perfect saturday nightfoodnwineDined on 6/7/2014We had one night in Carlsbad and we picked the perfect restaurant....drinks at the bar.....a late seating....just past sunset....the food was a uniquely varied from the standard faire...and delicious!Special Features:
- Saturday NightMattDined on 6/7/2014Had a wonderful dining experience with excellent service and great food. Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and main courses chosen. Loved the atmosphere and awesome ocean views. Will definitely be coming back with our friends. Thanks again!Special Features:
- lunch vigilluccisbruss1825Dined on 6/5/2014Had a business lunch with out of town guests. Always my go to place for visitors. Good food near he beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGGolfDined on 6/3/2014Great food and service. We tried it for the first time and were delighted with the excellent flavors in our dinners. Our service was fun and efficient as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishMimiDined on 6/3/2014From the moment I arrived and was met by the valet, the entire staff was so friendly and approachable. They all made me and my mother (celebrating her 77th birthday) feel special and attended to our every need. The cocktails and wine selection was wonderful as was the caprese salad we shared. Mom had the filet and I had some home made pasta and mushrooms and both dishes were cooked to perfection and tasted amazing. Our waitress surprised mom with creme brûlée for a birthday dessert complete with candle. Upon leaving, the valet was charming and left us laughing as he retrieved our car. It was really the best meal and service I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunset DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2014Loved the food here. The chicken/sausage/steak dish with veggies wrapped on eggplant was just awesome. Heather our server was fantastic. In fact I am booking a table for 20 for our next company dinnerSpecial Features:
- OutstandingKLDBDined on 6/2/2014We have never been disappointed with the service, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Has it all!localsDined on 5/27/2014Took some friends out for a birthday lunch, and looked for a scenic spot on the beach with a view of the water. This place was perfect. The menu is varied, all our choices were suburb. Waitstaff was just what you would hope for, helpful and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Slow & BlandAv8rDined on 5/25/2014We sat on the patio for our reservation. View is amazing. Waiter was SLOW. I can count on one hand the number of times he checked on us - including taking our order. While we were up for dessert, we opted to pass since we didn't know how long it would take. My wife ordered a gluten free pasta dish. She NEVER adds salt to any dish and she had to add salt to give it some flavor. The asparagus and salmon didn't even have any flavor. My meal was great - a special not on the menu that was of the surf and turf variety. Snow peas were great as well. Thankfully we were seated outdoors - otherwise, the noise inside would have been overwhelming I believe. Overall, not a bad experience - just not what I had hoped for on our final night in Cali.Special Features:
- The following 623 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Birthday DinnerSarahVIPDined on 5/19/2014I arrived on time for my birthday dinner with family in tow, we were seated at the outdoor patio and in between two families with younger babies, so that is what contributed most to the noise level. The kids were good they were just using their "outside" voices. The candlelit dinner was nice but it was a little too dark for my parents who needed extra lighting and could barely read the menu. About 3/4 the way through dinner the ambient lighting sprung on, even though when we sat it was already past sunset. The ambient lighting flickered on and off most of the ending of our dinner, which was annoying. The food was phenominal, and I will always love this location for it. Service was good too, she was in the weeds but recovered nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014We have been to this restaurant before and loved it. I have to say we were not real pleased with all the food. My potato was rock hard and my vegetables tasted odd. My prime rib was good. My husbands salmon fettuccini was just ok. We didn't say anything there because we were with my daughter and her new husband and didn't want to make a scene. Also, when I made the reservation on line I believe I put in the comments that we were celebrating 29 years of marriage, nothing was mentioned :( At this point not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Best Italian by in CarlsbadRWilmsVIPDined on 5/16/2014We've gone here several times for Sunday brunch - awesome spot overlooking the sea in Carlsbad - so we went on Friday evening for dinner. Amazing chow! Great wine! Awesome service! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great sunset diningDrumanatorDined on 5/16/2014Great place for sunset dining. Would liked it more if our steaks were a little less done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy ViewJackDined on 5/14/2014It is all about the view. The food is good as well-but you are paying for the view. A bottle of House Wine-$24. entree's begin at 36.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteDaveCDined on 5/14/2014When are adult children with their families come to town this a must dinner experience. We have celebrated birthdays, family dinners and Nw Years eve, have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was scarceAndiamoDined on 5/11/2014The view and food were fantastic. Unfortunately our waiter was un-engaged and scarce during our meal. Drinks were slow to come and had to ask for essentials. Made our experience lack luster.Special Features:
- Mothers DayJackDined on 5/11/2014We went for early dinner on Mother's Day, 5:30pm. The place was busy, had good energy. Crowd was mixed between family's and people well dressed to people who looked like they just came off the pier in Oceanside. The table was lousy, felt like Grand Central station with people constantly passing by and us having to adjust our chairs so people could squeeze through. Service was mediocre, our waitress was polite but she seemed overwhelmed with her tables. Food was mostly good with a few standouts but I had the NY Strip for $62 and it was on par with an outback steakhouse cut.
- Mother's Day TreatsunsetluvrDined on 5/11/2014Vigilucchi's has a beautiful ocean view, caring servers and a creative menu for special occasions. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always: food and serviceJaMataDined on 5/11/2014This is one of our local places that we just don't get to often enough. All of the "Vigilucci" related restaurants in the area do an absolute fine job of creating a great dining experience. There are lots of windows so it feels pretty open. This is in addition to the outdoor patio. You look across PCH to the ocean which is a nice added bonus. The food is always simply very good, nothing absolutely over the top but always very good. They also have terrific wait staff. Professional waiters I really appreciate.Special Features:
- Great date night dinnerghouserDined on 5/10/2014We have eaten here before and it impressed again. The service was excellent. It was an extremely busy night at the restaurant and our server was very attentive. Great food quality, our only negative was that our steaks didn't have any seasoning on them. The filets were an excellent cut of meat, it just could have used seasoning on them to help add a little something extra. I had requested a window table and mentioned it was our anniversary on the reservation. They remembered both!Special Features:
- good food, nice viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014WE WERE CELEBRATING AN ANNIVERSARY AND THE WAITER IGNORED THAT FACT. I AM USED TO A MORE SPECIAL FEELING WHEN SPENDING A LOT OF MONEY ON A A CELEBRATION DINNER. THE SUNSET WAS BEAUTIFUL THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD EVENING.Special Features:
- Carlsbad favecaligirlVIPDined on 5/1/2014Food, wine and service, always excellent! Ambience is excellent for a nice lunch or dinner, not too loud, so you can talk. I always have lunch here when in Carlsbad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best scallops everEdoErgoDined on 4/30/2014Had the seafood assortment for two with lobster tail, mussels and clams, shrimp, crab legs and diver scallops. Everything was very good but the scallops made the rest look worse by comparison. Scallops are my favorite bivalve, but these were the best either of us have had: seared perfectly outside, barely done inside. The mussels and clams in broth were also outstanding (had to get extra bread just to enjoy more broth). The dessert truffle with grand marnier was also excellent and surprisingly light.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, special dinnerOJPugDined on 4/27/2014We went for our son's 30th birthday. Great service, nice ocean view (the cars on coast highway actually added to the ambiance), our waitress Heather was great. We had the seafood grill and the cioppino, and my wife says it's the best seafood she has had in years. The beef carpaccio appetizer was also great and something you don't find many places.Special Features:
- As good as expected!Cubsfan10Dined on 4/24/2014We had family in town from Chicago looking for a scenic place for a nice dinner. I immediately thought of Vigiluccis! I called to adjust our reservation and took the chance asking for the patio. There was supposed to be a party that reserved the patio so we'd be inside. To my surprise I showed up and our table was right kn the patio window! The food was excellent, service was flawless and the sunset was perfection! Thank you for a night my family will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 11OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2014Overall our experience was very good. However, the wait staff was not as good as in past visits. The bread, usually a highlight of our visit, was not warm and the crust was a bit too crunchy. My meal was warm, not hot, again as in past visits. We will return for the flavors and view and hope the other details are improved. I expect an "8 of 10" experience for the $$$. What we got was a "6 of 10".Special Features:
- What a beautiful outside settingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/18/2014Very consistent food. Always excellent. The outside dining is beautiful. Great wine selection. There is always a unique special to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.