The Café at Taj Boston
15 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Café at Taj Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tajhotels.com/boston
- Phone: 6175985255x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday, 6:30am – 11:00am
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday, 5:30pm – 10:30pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday, 7am – 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Certified Master Chef Daniel Dumont
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Café at Taj Boston
A Boston landmark for over 55 years, its wall of windows overlooks the bustle of Newbury Street. The fresh New England flavors are accented by a subtle blending of Italian and French influences. Indian Specialties featured daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Café at Taj Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (10)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (5)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food, great ambiance,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2009Good food, great ambiance, at affordable prices. Presentation and service excellent.
- Lovely fixed price lunch butCathyVIPDined on 12/30/2009Lovely fixed price lunch but watch out for the wines by the glass; way overpriced.
- The selections were limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/26/2009The selections were limited and food was extremely mediocre. Additionally, the meal was quite expensive (roughly $300 for four, incld. tax & tip). There are far better options to choose from when dining in Boston.
- we went with family for theirOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2009we went with family for their Christmas Prix Fixe dinner. the ambiance was great, the food fantastic and the service wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Be careful when booking forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/20/2009Be careful when booking for sunday brunch. This was our first time visiting the property and we were misguided by three members of the hotel staff to "the other brunch." It was stuffy, the service was terrible, and the bill was $81 per person. They had the nerve to include a %20 gratuity (on a table of two) at a buffet! They never even came around with coffee, and you had to serve yourself...I found the entire experience offensive and misleading. The Cafe looks nice and more reasonable, just be warned as the staff seems to steer people towards the other brunch on sundays.
- The old Ritz lives on despiteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/17/2009The old Ritz lives on despite its new Indian owners. The cafe is lovely and elegant as long as you don't sit in the chilly window area in the winter. The menu is varied with some Indian specialities and interesting twists on old favorites.
- Friendly, attentive staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2009Friendly, attentive staff, a relaxing ambience, and good food make this a terrific place for a special breakfast. Hard to beat!Special Features:
- Love the Taj !! It's traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/7/2009Love the Taj !! It's traditional Boston at it's best. The window tables in the Cafe on Newbury Street are fabulous for watching the sights, and feeling special; the bar on Arlington Street very warm and inviting, and a window seat in the winter is the most lovely, or by the firplace on the small sofas. If you love the real Boston, civilized, warm, cozy, vogue....this is it !!Special Features:
- Thoroughly wonderful: TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/5/2009Thoroughly wonderful: The food was exquisite; service attentive but discreet; beautiful, comfortable, and warm ambiance. We particularly appreciated the generous space between tables that allows you to 1) actually carry on a conversation with everyone at your table without raising your voice, 2) not be disturbed by other diners' conversations, and 3) be served without being jostled. We will return with great pleasure!Special Features:
- Great experience. All aspectspeabodyfoodieVIPDined on 12/4/2009Great experience. All aspects of dinner were excellent. Service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Service was terrific. Relaxed,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2009Service was terrific. Relaxed, unhurried. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- The food was fantastic. EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/26/2009The food was fantastic. Every dish was prepared and served elegantly. The staff, host and waiter were all very accommodating and professional. It was a very quiet atmosphere, very tastefully decorated for the Thanksgiving day meal, with simple but quality linens and fresh flowers. It was like being in your own dining room for Thanksgiving. Well done!Special Features:
- A Boston original. Never disappointKittyVIPDined on 11/10/2009A Boston original. Never disappointing, same friendly faces from the Ritz, same impeccable detail, and the food was delicious. The courses were timed perfectly.Special Features:
- The food was above average.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/21/2009The food was above average. The service was sub par. I told the server I was going to order a bottle of wine, but he never came back for the wine order. I had to flag him down. Once I received the wine it was warm and he had to put it in ice for fifteen minutes ,but it was still warm. We drank it anyway. The dining room was very warm. We asked if they could turn up the air conditioner, but it remained very warm during dinner. The lobby was much cooler. We ate our meal and ordered dessert. we waited 30 minutes for dessert before we flagged down the waiter to ask were our dessert was. He asked if we were ready to order dessert. He forgot we ordered dessert. we had to flag the waiter down again to get the bill.
- I have been going to the Ritz62salemDined on 8/12/2009I have been going to the Ritz for more than 40 years. I was even married there! This was the worst service I have ever had! I did not enjoy the food. The valet parking was $30. I won't be back!
- The service was nothing whatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/10/2009The service was nothing what I expected. The food description in the menu did not match at all what was presented at the table. The maitre d' was very nice and welcoming. The waiter was very inattentive.
- I must say that was disappointed.RedDogRoadVIPDined on 6/3/2009I must say that was disappointed. Thinking that the food and ambiance would be along the lines of the original Ritz Hotel standard, I was anticipating an elegant and creative meal. The menu, however, was rather common and limited; and the dishes were mediocre for the fancy price. There are so much better restaurants in Boston. This one can be avoided. We only went there because it was one block from where we were staying with my 86 year old mother, who doesn't like to walk that far.
- Lovely, special occasion typeJulieBVIPDined on 5/10/2009Lovely, special occasion type of restaurant with very nice food and old-fashioned hotel dining service and ambience.Special Features: