Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
329 Haddon Avenue
Westmont, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://giumarellos.com/
- Phone: 8568589400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm,
with TWO COURSE $15 PrixFixe Lunch available!
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: Lounge & Patio 1-7pm, dining room 3-7pm
*PRIX FIXE Dinner menu available in our dining room only. EVERY Tuesday thru Friday 5-6:30 and Sundays 3-4:30!
Happy Hour (Served in our Lounge/Bar only):
Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 6:30pm
Sunday 1pm-7pm (excludes Holidays)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Samuel Giumarello Jr.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Inquire about our GIUMARELLO'S TO-GO Menu, full pans and half pans of most of our signature pasta, chicken, eggplant, seafood and veal entrees available for you to take home to serve your invited guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Fireplace Room (private)available for min. 20 & maximum 50 guests. Private parties(Dinner banquet menu) of 100 or more available on Saturdays.
- Private Party Contact: Frank Muratore, GM 8568589400x
- Entertainment: Featuring Pianist Paul Sottile every Tuesday and Saturday evenings.$6 SMALL PLATES Menu and LIVE BANDs every Thursday Night!Check out our FACEBOOK page or follow us on TWITTER for additional information about entertainment.
- Special Events: See our website giumarellos.com or our facebook page for upcoming event updates.
A word from Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar
Giumarello's is family-owned Italian Elegance! Don’t miss out on the appetizers & desserts, in a word… fantastic. It’s a great place to have a romantic dinner.Check out our facebook page and follow us on twitter!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar - Best Restaurants in Haddonfield ›
Giumarello's Restaurant and G Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (32)vibrant bar scene (27)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (20)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)hot spot (14)great for lunch (13)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Fabulous foodmeggieDined on 4/9/2014Our family loves this restaurant from night out to special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This one of the best resturantsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014This one of the best resturants around. The food is great and the service is awesome. Great job all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTdsbalDined on 4/4/2014Took girlfriend there for a romantic dinner for her birthday and ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my many visitsmmmfoodDined on 4/3/2014I am partial to Giumarello's having grown up in the area. That said, I still enjoy my trips there. Wether it is for happy hour, a nice dinner, or a nice lunch , the restaurant always holds up their end. Never had a probem with the food, service, or having to wait for a table. We typically grab one of the semi circle booths in the bar which allows for the intimacy of private dining with the vibrance of a packed bar. The happy hour menu includes many wonderful appetizers and some good raw bar options to kick off a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsLuvtoeatoutDined on 4/1/2014What a great meal! We don't go that often but every time we do I am so impressed. Definitely need to go more often!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewGran123Dined on 3/29/2014We were celebrating an anniversary. The restaurant was aware of this.we were seated at a table without a table cover in a room where everyone is dressed very casual. My martini spilled slightly and there was nothing to absorb the spill. Our drinks were delicious. The oysters were very good. Steak and crab cake were very good according to my husband. My veal was disappointing. The sauce was tasteless. There was no crab meat that I could find and only 2 asparagus spears. Not worth the money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My Husband and I had a wonderful dinner in a very nice restaurant with a wonderful ambiance. The food and service was superb. My husband and I agreed we will celebrate all our Anniversaries here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Jazz Dinnergaileve1VIPDined on 3/29/2014Our Dinner was excellent. It was the best dinner experience I have had. Our Waiter Anthony, was friendly, helpful with our menu, our dinner was serve so promptly. He was fantastic. Great personality. The service was 100%. I will be back again. I have told so many friends of mine over the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicemattDined on 3/29/2014It was the first time out of 5 times of being there I did not feel welcomeSpecial Features:
- The menu choices are all delectablebbqloverDined on 3/21/2014The menu choices are all delectable in their own rights. We have never had a bad dish. Everything is mouth watering delicious. Just hearing the name of the restaurant makes me want to make a reservation!Special Features:
- Superb and consistentKariDined on 3/21/2014We have been dining at Giumarello's for many years and are always pleased. Whether it is for their bar menu, their prix fixe meal or the full dinner menu, the food is always top-notch. The quality is comparable to any New York or Philadelphia restaurant, and the service is better than most. They have professional wait staff, and well-trained busboys who make the experience exceptional. The choice of dining areas, casual bar, beautiful dining rooms with fireplaces, or outdoor covered porch make it perfect for any occasion. The pancetta shrimp appetizer in creamy dijon sauce is always a must. The filet mignon the other night was cooked to a perfect "medium". And you won't find a better cocktail anywhere. This place is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Sunday dinners at Grandmom'seats4uDined on 3/13/2014This is an excellent Italian restaurant. I grew up eating delicious Italian food at my Grandparents house, they were born in Northern Italy. The food here reminded me of Sunday dinners at Grandmom's. The bread, served with roasted peppers, was very tasty. We shared calamari, scallops,and mushrooms for appetizers, all of them were excellent. I had gnocchi. They were light and fluffy; the way they are supposed to be. Not dense and heavy like what you normally get when you order gnocchi in an Italian restaurant. Everyone was very pleased with their meals, it was all so good. My family and I really enjoyed our meal.The host and our waiter were very friendly, informative, and provided very good service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014If you want to enjoy a great dinner and excellent service then this is the restaurant for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday girl's disappointmentPiscesCelebratorsDined on 3/8/2014Arriving at 5 pm, reservation for 3, we were ushered to a back table with spackle and taped sheet rock. Despite an empty restaurant, we were told that no other tables were available even though our reservation was made 2 days prior. After appealing to the hostess she reiterated 'nothing's available'. We were dress and groomed appropriately and I felt other factors were in play. I thought we should leave, as my 25 yr daughter and I are people of color and my husband is not. A manager approached just as I said I wanted to leave and offered a choice of any table in the empty restaurant. We forged through the evening struggling unsuccessfully to overcome the earlier experience. $150 later (1/2 of our normal allotment) we left dissapointed.Special Features:
- Always outstandingJersegyrlDined on 3/1/2014Every time we head here, our meals are fantastic. This time our waiter , Anthony, was truly exceptional. We had a great time. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time and good food.PhillyGuyDined on 2/27/2014Always a good time and good food. Great bar! Ask for Jerry to make any drinks.Special Features:
- Great Experience.buzzyDined on 2/26/2014My wife and I really enjoyed our dining experience. It was her Birthday and she really wanted me to experience your restaurant since she's been there a few times. We enjoy a great meal and a great environment as well. Our waiter was Michael and he was pleasant and very knowledgeable about all the questions we had and added to our dining pleasure. And last I would like to compliment the piano man. FANTASTIC. That's all for now, until our next culinary experience, Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very well executed. Each mealLeonardDined on 2/23/2014Very well executed. Each meal was separate not one on top of each other. It was individualized. Made me the customer not feel rusheded. And the food was excellent. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the raw bar was one of thejeffwDined on 2/22/2014the raw bar was one of the best I have ever been to, reasonably priced, excellent food and many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentReetVIPDined on 2/20/2014We have been there many times. The new addition they put on is beautiful. It really opened the place up to see outside.Special Features:
- Winter ReprieveSirSpeedy4Dined on 2/19/2014We ladies got together at a convenient location for all our varied directions: North Jersey, Delaware, South Jersey and Philadelphia. We all had cabin (work) fever and needed a break. We really enjoyed the wine prices and the great choices of food. We were able to sit for a few hours and "catch-up". The waitstaff was getting anxious so we eventual broke up. No one made us feel uncomfortable for all the time we took up. We really appreciated it. The food was just wonderful and such a large variety for lunch! I think we'll be back with the husbands for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt rushed staff unattitive,BartDined on 2/16/2014felt rushed staff unattitive, ran out of appitizer special that they are ( know ) for.Staff hung out at the kitchen doorsmaking alot of noice, seemd as thoughall they were concerned with was to get out of there. It really just was a bad experinece
- Loved itLetdownDined on 2/14/2014We go here on special occasions for the most part. This Valentines Day was one of those occasions. Everything was wonderful. The crab cakes and filet mignon were top notch. The garlic bread was excellent and service was too. It never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent ItalianCharlesKDined on 2/11/2014Consistently excellent Italian cuisine, great martini/cocktail menu and great service. Best Italian restaurant in South Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at Giumarello'sChudDined on 2/11/2014Had a pre-theater early reservation. Service and food was perfect. Best deal in town for the twilight pri fixe dinner. Got to the theater in Phila. with time to spare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good - not greatJeldVIPDined on 1/29/2014We were greeted and seated promptly, and service throughout the meal was fine. The steaks were perfectly cooked, and the desserts (Chocolate Heaven and Whiskey Cake) were artfully presented and very tasty. The salad that came with the meal was very fresh but rather boring. Some of the salads on the menu looked much more interesting. It would be nice to be able to "upgrade" to one of these. We will be back to try other things on the menu. And half price bottles of wine on Wednesdays is a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mussels in south jersey!FFanelliVIPDined on 1/25/2014The food is always great~ one of my favorite spots!Special Features:
- Love this place!!PhilsPhanDined on 1/25/2014Great martini menu, I love their seasonal drink additions. Appetizer specials always seem to be what I'm drawn to, and they keep up that reputation that Giumarello's has for fantastic food served by a very experienced and accommodating crew. The new Veal Chop special too was something that you should not miss!! Oh, and the Lobster Macaroni and Cheese should be against the law, it's so obscene!!!! My compliments to Chef Sam Guimarello and his peeps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This places ROCKS!!PhilsPhanDined on 1/21/2014We love their Happy Hour, but we also like to sit in the beautifully remodeled main dining room with the awesome new fireplace!! They never stop trying to please the guest, with consistently great food and five star service. New heated and enclosed patio was a welcomed change to us too, as we 'sat outside' in 15 degree weather but were warm and toasty with some hot spiked apple ciders as we watched the snow fall during our anniversary dinner!! Couldn't have been more special, thank you to Anthony too!! Staff is top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and service superbfoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014What an experience!!!! Service was impeccable from valet to waitstaff. The specials were awesome. My steak was perfect. I know they use certified angus beef, and you could tell from the first bite. Drinks were delicious. Great selection of wine. I even had dessert since everything is made on premises. I will recommend this restaurant to all of my family and friends.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Stars Again!!!PhilsPhanDined on 1/15/2014The key to the success of this restaurant is the consistency. My wife and I have been dining here nearly 22 years, and they have never skipped a beat. I would put their steaks up against any steak from any of the top steakhouses in Philly or NJ and Giumarello's comes out on top everytime. From the bar to the dining rooms to the patio, we always have a great time and really are impressed with their service staff. My compliments to Chef Sam Giumarello and his management staff, five stars AGAIN from me, never been a reason for anything less.Special Features:
- Never DisapointedTomPDined on 1/10/2014Giumarello's has always been a spot that I know that I can have a very good meal. We were not disappointed this time either. We were late due to weather and traffic so we spent a bit more time in the bar that usual and I must say the bar was crowded and hopping with lots of activity. When we finally got to our seats the meal was very good and the wine list is extensive. Giumarello's is pricey place but meals are very good. For appetizers we had the scallops, the bacon wrapped shrimp and calamari, all were very good with fresh ingredients. For dinner the crab cakes are full and meaty with no filler and the champagne and aurora sauces are very good. Several of us had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. Good for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating mom's birthdayKimDDined on 1/8/2014I took my 8yr old daughter here to celebrate my birthday. Our waiter Zac was very friendly and catered to my daughter's requests...especially to NOT have tomatoes in her salad :). The food here has always been nothing less than delicious. My favortie is the crab cakes and my daughter ordered the homemade pasta. Since it was my birthday, Zac brought out a generous size dessert complete with a candle to celebrate. It was a nice touch to a great meal!Special Features:
- Entrees are going downhillChrisKDined on 1/8/2014Drinks good, ambience is good, wait staff good. I don't know if they changed their chef but the steaks were burnt and then we were told we ordered it the wrong way and that's why they were burnt. So they made another one and it came out fine. Their pieces if meat are not great. I would recommend going here for drinks and apps. Not for sit down dinner It's a shame be aide we go here all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEnricoDined on 1/5/2014Haven't been here for years. I loved it then and love it nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite place to eat!Lisa123Dined on 1/3/2014We have loved Giumarello's for years. We tend to go only on special occasions or to introduce it to friends (which we did last night and they loved it) but have said we would be there weekly if we lived closer and were not from Moorestown. We also have young children and don't get out as much. The renovations in the dining room were much needed and look wonderful!! We still like to sit in the bar area to eat for our visits though! Hoping to come for happy hour eventually to enjoy the beautiful outside area too! Happy New Year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion2forlunchDined on 1/2/2014Our lunch was perfect. We had the crab cakes - over the top. The wines were just right with our selection. Server was very attentive. I am already telling my friends - a return visit is scheduled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceCathyDined on 12/22/2013This was my third visit to Giumarello's----the food and service were very good. The server was courteous, pleasant and friendly. The occasion was a friend's birthday and sha was very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTION!AllyGDined on 12/21/2013Always just absolutely fabulous, the service and food are always top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a very nice restaurantBellaDined on 12/19/2013It was a very nice restaurant but I probably would not return as it's 30 minutes from my home & there are so MANY restaurants closer to my home that I enjoy. The bar did look like a great bar & this restaurant is known for their martinis . We went here for a family birthday.Special Features: