3165 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.eventiderestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7032763165x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm- 9:30pm
The bar and rooftop patio are open at 4:00 Tues.-Sat
We now serve Brunch on Sunday's from 10am-2:30pm!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Johnnie Thomas
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please visit the Private Party section of our website, eventiderestaurant.com to learn all about our private event capability.
- Private Party Contact: Eventide Events 703-276-3165x2
- Entertainment: Live! DJ JonJon, every Saturday night in the Odd Bar!
- Cross Street: Hudson St.
- Public Transit: Get off on the Clarendon Metro stop (Orange Line), walk up the escalator, turn left and walk about 50 yards up Wilson Blvd. We're on the right at 3165 Wilson.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is street parking all around Eventide as well as a garage two blocks away on N. Highland St. Address is 3033 Wilson Blvd. It's a flat $2 after 5PM.
A word from Eventide
The restaurant features three distinct floors, with the first floor featuring a fun, cocktail-driven 20-seat bar. Three unusual “bump out” sections of the bar make it possible to seat a party of four, not side by side, but rather at a “conversation enabling” semi-circle. The bar area has additional table seating for 40 guests. The second-floor dining room features dramatic royal blue floor-to-ceiling curtains, exposed terra cotta blockwork, and tables of tiger-striped granite and reclaimed ancient Chinese elm. Taking advantage of its high roof line, Eventide also features a roof-level dining terrace, which boasts views of Georgetown and several monuments. The rooftops seating is on a "FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE" basis and only has table seating for 2-4 guests at each table. It is open each year from approximately May 1 to October 15, depending on the weather.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Eventide reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (49)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (39)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (19)good for groups (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- SaltyJonadan94Dined on 5/14/2014The food in general was pretty salty. Both the fried chicken and seafood were really salty, but most of the appetizers were really good.Special Features:
- Generally a great neakNSochurekDined on 5/11/2014The food was very good, and though we were seated at the end of the brunch period, they kept it out for us for a long time. My only complaint would be that, because they are closed on Mondays, they were running low on supplies and therefore weren't able to do too much in the way of modifications for food allergies. Ultimately, they did cook a piece of fish to accommodate my daughter and she did like it very much, but it took some time to figure that option out (even though there were only 2-3 tables left in the restaurant at that point). I think it would have been easier/better if I had called in the days prior to discuss options in advance, which I plan to do the next time we would eat there.Special Features:
- Brunch beyond brunchbeejpowersDined on 5/11/2014The Sunday brunch at Eventide was something to behold. All the meats are cured, smoked and cooked in house. All the pastries and breads ae made daily in house. The food is all made in small batches which means it rotates through a lot of choices. Some get made again and some don't; so if something looks interesting, don't plan on coming back for it, get it now. I can't wait to go back for the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EventideluvgoodeatsDined on 5/8/2014Eventide never disappoints! I took a good friend who is a very knowledgeable foodie and she absolutely loved it, as did I.Special Features:
- Brunch was a DisappointmentAlexandriaVIPDined on 5/4/2014I have been to Eventide for dinner and it is a very different place compared to brunch. Dinner is fab...brunch pretty sad! Buffet food temperature was shocking. Food was cold, uninteresting offerings and incomplete. French toast was so unheated that it would not even melt butter (which had to be requested and took 10 minutes to arrive). Not all quiches work at room temperature and Eventide offered one of those. Bacon set on an unheated surface at the buffet etc. The staff and kitchen seemed unable to keep synchronization between buffet stations emptying and fresh, temperature appropriate food coming out. While Eventide could be a great place for brunch; it just is nowhere near what you expect...my suggestion would be to stick to dinner!Special Features:
- Disapppointed in brunch experiencebysigVIPDined on 5/4/2014I was disappointed. The restaurants badly needs a facelift. The selection on the brunch table was fair as was the food. I will not return.
- Awesome BrunchShagoldDined on 5/4/2014From start to finish, wait staff to selection and quality of food, it was an exceptional brunch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Eventide great with some issuesdiningwellDined on 5/3/2014Eventide is a nice place to dine if you like unique preparation and presentation of the menu items. The menu is frequently changed and is very limited in scope for "fussy" eaters. A greater range of items (vegetarian, meats, sides, salads and soups) would make it suitable to include all guests. Most wines are unique as well, with few recognizable labels making it harder to select a flavor and body that would be enjoyed. The restaurant is very good about honoring special requests (doneness of meats, removal of items that are not wanted (e.g. bleu cheese in a dish), etc.). Over the years the "sides" have grown in quantity considerably which is good. The coffee is like tea and espresso is not offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure about the new chefRareEventsDined on 4/30/2014On this evening we learned that there was a new chef. The scallop appetizer was wonderful. The beet appetizer looked beautiful but lacked the variety of flavors that one would expect from the different kinds of beets and preparations featured on the plate. My husband's steak dish had lots of gristle and my Halibut did not have much flavor. The fish was inexplicably topped with what seemed to be a piece of dry toast, The mud pie dessert was to die for, especially the orange cream sauce that came with the chocolate cake and ice cream. We love the ambience of the dining room with its high ceilings, and mellow music. This was a mixed experience due to the unevenness of the dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Group BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2014A group of 8 of brunched right after the Nike Women's Half Marathon. The upstairs space is perfect for large groups. I'm not usually into buffets, especially for brunch, but this was impressive from variety to quality. Good thing I had just run 13.1 miles, because this brunch spread is for indulging. The traditional breakfast options were solid from eggs & bacon to french toast. Although, I must point out, home fries were missing & I need home fries w/ my eggs. For those with a sweet tooth-the donuts SO delicious & fresh. Side note-the mac & cheese was to die for. The service was good. I hesitate to say great b/c I had to ask for coffee a couple of times. I always appreciate a server that is not only friendly, but also super attentive.Special Features:
- Perfect Special Occasion SpotDCVegHCLDined on 4/25/2014I went to Eventide for my Anniversary the other night and had a wonderful time. The manager let us order off the bar menu even though we sat in the dining room and even sent over free champagne to our table. The cod, mac & cheese and biscuits (in bread basket) were all excellent. Definitely a great spot in you're trying to impress your date!Special Features:
- Gourmet Sunday BrunchFoodie4ThoughtDined on 4/20/2014We were delighted to see no sign of the usual uninventive waffle, omelette, and pasta stations served at other brunch spots. Instead the buffet offered a delicious range of homemade sweet and savory fare: herbed sausages, roasted salmon & Brussels sprouts, buttery French toast and delicious salted caramel doughnuts. The ginger lemongrass tea and French press coffee were excellent too. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, friendly staffParisPerfectVIPDined on 4/17/2014Good looking place, nice ambiance. Bar is tight but nicely active and upbeat, not crazy loud. Upstairs is one of the better looking dinning settings in DC area, well done. Food is good, bar menu items are very nice. Come to enjoy a group of friends and have a nice evening with good service.Special Features:
- Looking for something newVALovers2300Dined on 4/16/2014Came across Eventide on a list of top 50 restaurant's. Dinner menu was unique enough to spark my interest. Seated promptly upon arrival. Pleasantly surprise by the ambience. Recommend taking in lively bar for drinks first. Service good, but not personable or memorable. Beef/seafood tartar appetizer creative, good, not remarkable. Main courses (Rib-Eye and Duck) fell into the same category. While creative and good, lacked the power of declaring OMG! Good wine list and the wine director did an excellent job of steering us to a wine that matched our request and one that we thoroughly enjoyed. Over all an above average experience and a good choice for anyone wanting to get out of the rut of going to their old favorite restaurant.Special Features:
- I love Eventide!FitnessbabeVIPDined on 4/13/2014Had an amazing brunch with 7 friends on 13 April 2014. Check out their diverse and delicious brunch menu online, which is less than $21 per person before tax. On the brunch menu, I especially loved the quinoa harvest salad, risotto, in-house smoked salmon, and the various pastries (not gluten free, but I ate the yogurt/honey parfair with just the fruit). Yummy french pressed coffee! Unbelievable decor, but still comfortable and plush. Cannot wait to return for supper! Thanks lots Eventide! You are officially my favorite restaurant in Arlington!Special Features:
- DisappointingArtPoetDined on 4/12/2014The service and the beet salad were excellent. The entrees that each of us ordered were disappointing. Mine was a ribeye which which was full of grizzle and tasted more like a sirloin than a ribeye. It was served with a pesto sauce that was very good and helped the meat quite a bit. The cinnamon braised short rib, however, was not good. Combining cinnamon and chocolate with beef just didn't work for us. Don't be fooled into thinking that vegetables included on the entrée listing are sufficient. The quantity is minute. If you really want vegetables, order a side.Special Features:
- I'd skip itTcndcVIPDined on 4/11/2014Our waitress was not attentive. It took forever just for her to bring the drinks. So I'd rate it low on service. On substance, the restaurant is trying a little too hard to be different. And how more beet salads can restaurants do. ugh.
- Perfection!debbDined on 4/5/2014Eventide is better than ever. The place is gorgeous. The food was perfect and the service could not be better. Excellent for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Continues to performDavidDined on 4/5/2014Eventide continues to impress. Had my parents and my fiance's parents meet for the first time at dinner at Eventide. They gave us a great table in the corner and we had a wonderful time. Very intimate setting with great food and service. Will be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent. ServicebartlettDined on 4/5/2014Food was excellent. Service was slos and intermittent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I have goneScottyDined on 4/4/2014My husband and I have gone past Eventide on our power walks many times and often remarked that we should try that restaurant sometime. We decided last Friday to do so and we were glad we did. The service was excellent and very helpful in recommending dishes, and we even got a complimentary sampler from the chef. Our meals came quickly and our server immediately came over with extra plates when she saw that we wanted to share. The duck was delicious and the lobster was outstanding! We did not need dessert but may try it next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scallops were disappointing,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Scallops were disappointing, but the rest of the meals were excellent. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eventide is special!DavidDined on 4/4/2014We recently celebrated a special anniversary at Eventide. This is truly a special place - unobtrusive but outstanding service, and food fit for foodies. Tables are well spaced and private and the noise level is kept down with curtains that are closed when the restaurant starts to fill. Most area restaurants are so noisy we never go more than once - this is an exception. I worried about a couple of comments that patrons went away hungry. Simply not true - we left pleasantly full but not groaning. Try the lobstar boulabaise and the beet salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Quiet GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014Upstairs from a lively bar, the restaurant serves very good and interesting food in a space that manages to be somewhat quiet. We were able to talk to our friends without raising our voices very much. The woman who waited on us was gracious and efficient and gave us plenty of time to chat, without rushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a three year old withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/1/2014We had a three year old with us and the staff was very nice to us. The food was excellent, very creative and well-cooked. A bit on the expensive side, particularly the wine. But we'd go back.
- Romantic Spotmakingamark1Dined on 3/27/2014This is the perfect restaurant for a special occasion! The decor is dramatic and elegant. The staff doted on my husband and me from the moment we arrived. The food was good, unfortunately the portion size was small. My husband had to order some take out at the neighboring Thai restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch buffet75bluejayDined on 3/23/2014The Sunday brunch features cured meats and fresh baked pastries all done "in house." The service is in a lovely room with comfortable seating in a charming old building. We've visited twice and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for Romanceluv2trynewthingsDined on 3/22/2014Eventide is perfect for a romantic dinner. The restaurant decor and design are beautifully thought out and make the dining experience very private. The chef does an excellent job of highlighting the unique tastes of the ingredients. The wine selection is excellent. One pays for the experience, but it is worthwhile for a slow, romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EventideanonymouseDined on 3/21/2014Very nice eatery in Clarendon surrounded by so many other eateries. The food was delicious, not too much. Wine was not so good but that is due to one of our party picking it out rather than their selection of wines on a rather extensive list. Has an interesting atmosphere in the dining room with heavy drapes, very tall ceilings, and exposed brick walls along with a boudoir-style chandelier. Kind of like a warehouse with aspirations but it works, keeps the noise level down so easy to converse even with a large party behind one of the heavy drapes. Food was seasoned perfectly...not salty which sees the penchantSpecial Features:
- DissapointedCaptainVIPDined on 3/21/2014As a foodie, I was disappointed. The menu was great, unfortunately the execution of the menu was not. I had the duck breast which was over cooked and the black berry sauce had no taste. My wife had the braised short ribs and they were over smoked and had a bitter taste. The tartare was fine, but the baby romaine (which was wet) used in the wedge salad was extremely bitter and there was little or no taste in the salad beyond the bitterness. I will most likely not go back.Special Features:
- Limited menu, but delicious.clarendonDined on 3/19/2014Limited menu, but delicious. Generous spacing between tables in dining room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJeromeDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, limited menu but good. A bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantRoseyFatDined on 3/14/2014What a great find! The food was exceptional and the ambiance very relaxing. Our server was so accommodating - even asking the chef the ingredients in several of the dishes we ordered. Great wine list we were offered tastes of wine before we ordered. Definitely a restaurant we will return to. I will be recommending this place to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great all over experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014I was nervous since some reviews noted the plates were too small, but I found my portion to be almost too big and other diners had their food boxed! The food was cooked perfectly, delicious, and memorable. Great ambiance and quiet. I highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menu!SpykeDined on 3/7/2014We brought a relative to Eventide; it was his first visit to DC. He's a professional chef, so he knows food & wine. He LOVED the tasting menu that Wilson & Joyce put together. The courses were matched perfectly with lovely wines. Cat provided excellent service throughout. The champagne was a splendid opener, and it only got better from there. Who knew merlot went with scallops?! We each had a different dessert, making for fun sharing. Eventide went out of their way to put on a good show, and we appreciate it! Thank you Wilson, Joyce, and Cat! We'll be back.Special Features:
- For foodies onlychillyDined on 3/1/2014We ordered a fish entre and the scallops entre. We started with salads and appreciate bread was served. fThe main ingredients of the entrées were expertly prepared. The sides were over prepared to nonexistent. I watch some of the cooking shows but am not a big fan of having my vegetables turned into mush, dust, and foam also my pasta 'pirettes' were way too salty for my taste. Sorry but we paid uptown prices and left hungry. I will keep Eventide classified as rooftop bar and eat somewhere else. Too bad since great location and very nice setting.Special Features:
- Beautiful Food -- at a PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014Every bite was delectable . The Chef shows a lot of restraint, letting the ingredients shine and compliment each other. I would recommend ordering a side or an appetizer as the entree "sides" are only meant to enhance the entree, not satisfy hunger. We both got the fish which according to the waitress, was sourced from environmentally sound locales. They were prepared flawlessly, perfectly seasoned. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Water drinkers beware!MIkeDined on 3/1/2014Food was very good, but listen carefully when ordering water. The only choices our server gave us were sparkling or still. NO opition given for tap, we just assumed we ordered tap when we declined bottled sparkling, however this was not the case. Our server took the waters off our check, but it is a bit confusing and misleading.Special Features:
- Gr8 ambience, food portions 2 smallMaddAlexDined on 2/22/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate my husband's 45th birthday. We had a group of ten and had a lovely "private" area....the restaurant has tall deep blue curtains that they are able to pull around large parties and make them feel private. The ambience could not have been more decadent. The menu on the other hand could use more selections. I think most of our group "struggled" with what to order. Out of the 10, 8 chose the beef filet tenderloin. And my salad could not have been any smaller! I was stunned. For the prices, they could at least provide you with a decent sized plate of lettuce! I was extremely disappointed. And while the filet beef tenderloin was good, it also should have been a bigger portion given the $35 cost per plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishStacylynnDined on 2/16/2014This place never disappoints for lunch. Sunday Brunch is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.