The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
One Liberty Boulevard
Malvern, PA 19355Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.desmondgv.com/
- Phone: 6102969800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 7:00 am - 11:00 am, Sunday: 7:00 am - 8:30 am, Brunch 8:30 am - 2:00 pm. Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00 - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Kessler 6102969800
A word from The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel
Enjoy the best in American Regional Cuisine at The Desmond's Hunt Room. The Hunt Room is the perfect spot when you are in the mood for great steaks and seafood. Our experienced and professional culinary staff take pride in serving the most succulent prime beef, the freshest seafood and a tempting array of delicious salads, sides and desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel - Best Restaurants in Malvern ›
The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)romantic (10)neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- I was a little disappointed......PeggyDined on 4/7/2013I was a little disappointed...... Everything was mediocre. The coffee and desserts were good though. The waiter was missing a lot of the time and left pieces of food on the floor for most of the meal. There was 3/4 of a big cookie sitting on the floor near our table for most if the time we were there. The fruit salad was very disappointing as was the French toast, bacon , and chipped beef. This was a little disappointing since this brunch was more expensive than other Sunday brunches in the area. I will not be back again.
- Consistent staple for biz lunchesOurAnnualWeekInNewportVIPDined on 4/4/2013Continues to be one of my top choices for lunch in the western suburbs. Collin is a great waiter.Special Features:
- Nice dinner outSEBMCBEJBVIPDined on 3/24/2013Service staff provided mixed service - some slow, some solid.
- TOP CLASS RESTAURANT WITHOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2013TOP CLASS RESTAURANT WITH UP SCALE AMBIANCE AND INTERIOR DECOR BUT FAIR PRICES ONE OF A KIND IN THIS POPULOUS AREA WHERE IT IS HARD TO FIND A REALLY UP SCALE NOT NOISY RESTARANT WITH GOOD FOOD, SERVICE, PRICES, AND ATMOSPHERE Jim McGinty Phoenixville, PASpecial Features:
- Everything from soup to mainBobalooDined on 3/12/2013Everything from soup to main meal was cold, yet the food was good. They need to work on this as this was the 2nd time in a year that was the case.
- The dinner at the DesmondPWB7Dined on 3/9/2013The dinner at the Desmond Hunt Room was outstanding. The waitress was very attentive. The food was amazing. The fillet melted in your mouth and was cooked to perfection as I requested medium rare. My husband ordered medium. I would definitely return for another dinner to celebrate a special occasion or anytime I wanted an exceptional dining experience. The brunch was dissapointing. The waitress that we had should consider another occupation. I ordered tea. She brought out Lipton's Tea. I had to ask if there were other tea options only then did she bring the other tea choices. She didn't ask if we needed anything. I had to get her attention to order off the special menu. I had to get the hostess to bring me milk for my tea.Special Features:
- Come here often. Great lunchOurAnnualWeekInNewportVIPDined on 3/5/2013Come here often. Great lunch spot in the Great Valley area. Good food and an atmosphere conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013We celebrated our anniversary here and it was a pleasant experience. Both the food and service were very good and we look forward to coming back for our next special occasion.Special Features:
- We were told 3 times "I'llOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We were told 3 times "I'll be right by with your bread". It got there after the soup/salad. The service was slow and the entree was cold on the outsides. My fish was wonderful but my husbands steak was not cooked the way he asked.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The food was very good and the service was excellent. We were surprised that there wasn't a special valentines day menu. The only complaint was a gentlemen sitting near us with his cell phone on speaker. Other than that we would recommend this place.Special Features:
- The meal and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013The meal and service were excellent. Visit was for St. Valentine's Day and staff included extras to make the dinner special!!Special Features:
- ColleenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/29/2013The staff at the Hunt Room work very hard to ensure you enjoy your meal experience. There are a variety of food selections and the dishes are prepared very well. A wonderful restaurant that never fails in delivering a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Everyone in my party (4 ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013Everyone in my party (4 of us) enjoyed their brunch. We had all been at the Desmond many times and continue to return when we feel like brunching.Special Features:
- Always a good choice for lunch.OurAnnualWeekInNewportVIPDined on 1/25/2013Always a good choice for lunch. Really like the salads, whether salmon, tuna or steak. Good lean and green!Special Features:
- Business BreakfastChuckDiDined on 1/24/2013Great place for a business breakfast. Jackie our waitress was excellent as usual. The healthy omelet was superb.Special Features:
- The Hunt Room at the DesmondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/6/2013The Hunt Room at the Desmond Hotel is one of my favorite places for dining. I like the environment, the settings. The food is always good, especially the desert!Special Features:
- They had many extra for NewPAfcsVIPDined on 12/31/2012They had many extra for New Year's Eve, including champaigne, a small appetizer, a small dessert and roses for the ladies!
- My family and I will comeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My family and I will come again. Thank you for being there. All was first class.Special Features:
- Had a very nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/30/2012Had a very nice dining experience with a group of 6 on a Sunday night for dinner. It was very quiet in the dining room and the service was great. Great brushetta for the table and really good bread basket. Everyone in my party enjoyed their soups / salads and entrees. The only thing I would have liked were some off-menu specials - the entree list wasn't too long and one person in the group had a hard time deciding what to get, but other than that, everything was great.Special Features:
- we enjoyed a wonderful elegantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012we enjoyed a wonderful elegant dinner, and plan to come back often.Special Features:
- Very nice. Restaurant wasReteDined on 12/19/2012Very nice. Restaurant was very homie. Service was great. Enjoyed the Hunt room/Special Features:
- Food was exceptional, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/18/2012Food was exceptional, service excellent. We had a great evening.Special Features:
- Expect the BestTheredwinerVIPDined on 12/9/2012The Hunt Room at the Desmond maintains a high standard in food, service, and atmosphere. The Grouper and the Scallops were excellent. Our server, Eliade was the model of a friendly, knowledgeable service-oriented professional.Special Features:
- The Desmond consistently deliversTheredwinerVIPDined on 11/26/2012The Desmond consistently delivers a quality dining experience with great food, atmosphere and a friendly knowledgeable staff.Special Features:
- All five of us were very pleasedSnakeyVIPDined on 11/26/2012All five of us were very pleased with everything. Everyone's meal was truly outstanding.Special Features:
- Very nice for our anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Very nice for our anniversary dinner, will come again.
- The food and the service atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2012The food and the service at the Hunt Room was very good. The waitress was very attentive but not over bearing. We took a couple who had never been there before and they thought the French onion soup was the best he had ever eaten. This couple has traveled extensively so that was quite a compliment.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch had a nice assortmentJoJoDined on 11/4/2012Sunday Brunch had a nice assortment of items (hot and cold).
- The room was attractive butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2012The room was attractive but very noisy. The filet was disappointingly tough for a filet and served with barely warm mashed potatoes, but the scallops were excellent.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012We had a wonderful experience at the restaurant. Waitress was great.Special Features:
- I always love the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2012I always love the food and the fare at the Desmond.Special Features:
- affordable tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012The brunch was great. My son couldnt get enough of the bread pudding. I not only will be back but we can not find a better buffet for 19 dollars anywhere around.Special Features:
- Always Good Food & Service!JudyMVIPDined on 6/25/2012We wanted to check out the Sunset Grille, but the weather didn't cooperate. It was just 2 of us, so we sat at the bar and had wine and dinner. The bartender was great - available without being obtrusive. Looking forward to getting together with friends on the patio on a sunny day.Special Features:
- always a nice menu, solidBRVFVIPDined on 6/25/2012always a nice menu, solid quality, good for any occasion.Special Features:
- An off nightflynavy71Dined on 6/21/2012This was an off night from all previous times at the Desmond.
- Desmond=Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012I tool my dad there for Father's Day as he has been wanting to go for awhile and everything was simply exceptional. The poached halibut entree was delicious!Special Features:
- Worth going !!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2012First time for Brunch at the Desmond. Very happy with the overall experience. The Hunt room at the Desmond is quite large with a significant number of tables. Today, Father's Day, a lot of very large parties, kids and energy was in the rooms. The overall food was very good. Two omelette stations were available with the crowd, but it still took over 15 minutes to acquire your eggs. A little heavy handed on the oil - so I would request a dry omelette. The other food options were the typical carving station, scrambled eggs, bacon, cod, fresh salads, (beet salad which was very good) and optional foods to be ordered from waiter consisting of eggs benedict, waffles and pancakes. Eggs benedict was a little watery but good.Special Features:
- Quiet restaurant--you canFoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2012Quiet restaurant--you can actually have a conversation with friends!Special Features:
- Lobster roll is still thelovetoeatVIPDined on 6/14/2012Lobster roll is still the best deal in town and oh so delicious.
- The food was good but notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2012The food was good but not great. It was a lovely hotel restaurant, and a nice place to have a Sunday brunch.Special Features: