136-17 39th Avenue
Flushing, NY 11354Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://mulan-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7188868526
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:00pm e888 Club Reward Card accepted here!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Peter How
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our impressive venue has a unique combination of delicious cuisine, consummate service and comprehensive event management that can cater to your every need.
- Private Party Facilities: The clean lines and modern refinement of Mulan create the perfect backdrop for your special occasion. From small, intimate functions to the most lavish affair.
- Private Party Contact: Shirley Chang 7188868526
- Cross Street: Main Street and 39th Avenue
- Public Transit: Subway: 7 train to Main Street-Flushing LIRR: Port Washington Line to Main Street-Flushing
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Free Valet Parking Vouchers are available for dinner guests. Valet Stub must be presented to redeem Parking Vouchers.
A word from Mulan Restaurant
Mulan restaurant is located on the 2nd floor of Queens Crossing at Main Street and 39th Avenue in downtown Flushing. The upscale modern Asian restaurant is elegantly decorated to fit the surrounding atmosphere. Mulan features modern Asian decor, a square waterfall, elevated seating and leathered booths, all of which are complimented by the seductive quality of the traditional oriental motifs throughout the restaurant. See-through curtains are hung over the windows, which with the addition of warm light create a romantic and pleasant dining experience. Within the dining area dramatic shifts of light create an air of sophistication among waterfall walls, hardwood flooring and striking walls of glass and wood complemented by an extensive 200-bottle wine cellar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mulan Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)good for groups (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The food was good, but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/30/2010The food was good, but they messed up the order two times. We asked for ribs and the waiter gave us beef instead. He actually said that the beef was ribs, but the next table had ribs and we became puzzled. I didn't want to argue so I let it go. This happened also to the appetizer. He brought over a different kind of soup, but bought it back. Do they really think a patron is stupid enough that they can't tell the difference between beef and ribs?Special Features:
- Their pre-fixe menu is extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2010Their pre-fixe menu is extremely cost efficient. The pork and mustard green dish was surprisingly balanced. Usually the dish at other restaurants, the dish is too salty. At Mulan, the blend of sweet, tangy, and salty was perfect.Special Features:
- The food was decent and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/2/2010The food was decent and the service was great. The decor was modern and definitely different from the rest of the restaurants in Flushing. It was a nice change from the typical asian restaurant in Flushing.Special Features:
- The restaurant decorated veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2010The restaurant decorated very nicely. The hostess are pleasant and accommodating. Food selection and presentation was great. However, the food was not hot when it get to our table. The waiter don't speak much English and we had a hard time communicating. At the end the credit card machine rejected 2 of my credit card (embarrassing). After 5 minutes with the credit car machine, the waiter came back and said their machine is broken, do I have cash to pay? - Who carry cash for fine dining? I told the waiter and my wife I will go down to ATM in the lobby. While I am getting the monkey form the ATM, my wife called and said the waiter said there is no ATM in the building. I need to go out to the bank. Mind you, this is Sunday evening and rainingSpecial Features:
- Captain and waitress needbarnonneVIPDined on 8/27/2010Captain and waitress need to be retrained. Since this was the firt time we visited the restaurant, we asked the captain to recommend some dishes; but he seemed to be unfamiliar with the menu and could not strongly recommend any dishes. When we asked the waitress to bring out the food one dish at a time instead of everything comes at once, she said the kitchen could not do it---she had to bring out whatever kitchen is ready. Not good service at all. Otherwise, the food is ok, not great but not bad. If they will improve their service, I'll go back again, but not now.Special Features:
- The food wasn't great andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2010The food wasn't great and it was overpriced. The food descriptions are a bit off as well. The ambiance and interior of the restaurant was great though. There was a water curtain and nice lanterns over the tables, booths were spacey and comfortable. It's great for groups because you can easily share the food. In short, an overpriced, yet nicely furnished chinese take-out place.Special Features:
- Healthy and organic Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2010Healthy and organic Restaurant! Recommended for healthy choiceSpecial Features:
- tasty Chinese food and healthy.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/31/2010tasty Chinese food and healthy. It keeps the authentic flavor but with a fusion touch.Special Features:
- Experience was poor. ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/19/2010Experience was poor. Manager (Karl) was rude. He did not want to deal with any issues and problems we had with the food. He was not willing to fix the situation or even speak to us about it. At first we called him over to speak about the issue and he took 15 mins to come to speak to us. Upon his arrival, he did not seem friendly or even want to speak. He was there for 2 mins and left to try to resolve the situation. He did not return to make sure everything was okay. We had to ask one of the waiters to go get him to even speak to him again. Very unprofessional and no consideration for the patrons. He is very rude and has no respect for customers. I would not go back to deal with them again. He gives the restaurant a bad vi
- We were a group of 15 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/12/2010We were a group of 15 people and the manager gave us a nice, spacious, clean and well decorated room. The service was excellent. Their was one server delegated to our group who was very helpful and attentive to all of our requests and needs. Service was worth it. The food was also excellent - well presented and delicious. Although the portions were a little small for a group of 15, we ordered 2 of the dishes that everybody liked. You would not think that this place is in Flushing because of the luxurious and upscale decorations, clean and nice ambiance. Everybody enjoyed the lunch and we will surely go back there.Special Features:
- One visit to Mulan for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2010One visit to Mulan for lunch makes it totally unnecessary to go there again!
- Maitre D was extremely rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2010Maitre D was extremely rude. Restaurant staff was good and the food was not great.
- Friendly service, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2010Friendly service, but the portions are miniscule and expensive. Food was okay, not spectacular.
- My mom wanted to goto Mulan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2010My mom wanted to goto Mulan's on mother's day. After reading the reviews I was reluctant to go but my mom, daughter and I went anyway. Upon entering Mulan the matradee greeted and seated us. We ordered two sides a salad and three main courses. The waiter made sure we were done with our appetizers before serving the main course. The Walnut Shrimp, Bean Curd Skin Fish Roll, Mulan Rib Eye Steak were cooked perfecly. The reviews I read did NOT do justice. I would recommend Mulan Modern Asian Cuisine to anyone looking for great food, service and ambiance.
- While lunch at this placeSjpvacVIPDined on 2/14/2010While lunch at this place was excellent, dinner was a poor showing as the service was rushed and food barely lukewarm when it arrived. Would not recommend anyone going to dinner at this place.
- We went for Chinese New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2010We went for Chinese New York dinner which was the same day as the valentine's day this year. It was a disappointment that we were told many of the dishes we would like to order on the menu were not available that day because of the specials offered for the valentine's day (chief can't handle both?). Otherwise the food was o.k.Special Features:
- Sorry! The Chef and the MaitreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/4/2010Sorry! The Chef and the Maitre d’ were out on that day I was there. I was served by just a waitress and may be a cook in the kitchen. However, the cashier was there and did her job very well.
- The service is excellent andbabeDined on 10/12/2009The service is excellent and wait staffs are friendly. However, the choice for food is limited. The quality of food is good.Special Features:
- I've dined at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/7/2009I've dined at this restaurant on several occasions and find that the service at this restaurant has gotten progressively worse. When I arrived, I mentioned that it was difficult to call in to confirm a reservation because no one picked up. They dismissed it with a laugh and some lame excuse. I had a reservation for a large group. They split us into two tables (which was okay), but they also billed me separately. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have made a difference. However, it did because a number of people were getting the four person special. It would have saved our table $10. I asked for the adjustment. After much hesitation, they agreed.
- Very nice decor, new, servicebabywongDined on 8/25/2009Very nice decor, new, service was ok. Food was mediocre at best.Special Features:
- Great weekday fixed priceOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/24/2009Great weekday fixed price lunch for two at $28.50.Special Features:
- It seems a high-class restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2009It seems a high-class restaurant including the utensils, certainly at a higher level than other non-Queens-Crossing restaurants in Flushing. But the food doesn't really stand out. I'd prefer other restaurants in Flushing such as "Sweet-n-Tart Cafe" and "Corner 28" etc.
- Service doesn't go well withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2009Service doesn't go well with the food and deco. It took 30min to order a drink (1st, 2nd, even 3rd drink). My 3rd drink never came. My friend got a flat Sprite. Food was cold and served very scattered . Very impressed of the deco but other than that, it was not a good experience..... Not recommended for other.
- The service is excellent andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2009The service is excellent and the manager’s recommendation on the dishes is very thoughtful. The place is clean and quiet. The only complain I have is they used a broken bowl to serve on one dish. The foods are excellent and the size of the dishes is bigger than I expected. I would like to go again especially they have many different kind of individual rooms which you can have karaoke there all night but surprisingly not noise at all when you are outside. I saw there is one room with a big round table which can fit 25 people in there. I have a big family and that is a very good size room to celebrate some special occasions and the best part is we can actually sit together to enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Noise level was probably higherAvianDined on 6/6/2009Noise level was probably higher than usual as there was a wedding party there.Special Features:
- Great Chinese food servedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/25/2009Great Chinese food served in high standard French Restaurant style. Attentive service, beautiful setting, with live violin performance. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- If only the food were as exquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/20/2009If only the food were as exquisite as the decor. It was good, but not good enough for me to make a return visit. I was also annoyed that the waiter did NOT bring over the prix fixe lunch menu until I asked him for it. That should have automatically been part of the complete menu when it was handed to me.
- I knew the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2009I knew the restaurant was fairly new so I didn't know what to expect. It was fancy restaurant. I like the water falling curtain. The decor was excellent. The atmosphere was warm. The service was fantastic. We had the Vegetable Spring roll for appetizer. It came with a slightly spicy sauce which was delicious. My friend ordered the Pad Thai and I ordered the Taiwanese Triple Seafood which consisted of meat, vegetables and mushrooms as well. Each dirty dish was replaced with a clean one. We were given a pot of tea and our cups were refilled whenever they saw the tea wasn't filled to the top. For dessert, we shared the Chocolate lava cake. Very good. I was expecting a expensive bill but I was surprised. We had a great time.Special Features:
- I have been there before,KutieVIPDined on 3/19/2009I have been there before, and the place was still as beautiful as I saw last time. The place is spacious, not too many people were there and most people dined there were sitting in the booths. So it's supposed to be a romantic place with nice music, however, I found the music was too loud and annoying, and it certainly didn't fit the atmosphere. I understand it's a Chinese restaurant, and the name of restaurant is named after a famous heroine in China history, but still they could have found more siutable Chinese folk music, and play it in a nice way. What a shame if they couldn't do better. Overall, I like the place, and the service is good too.Special Features:
- There was too long a waitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009There was too long a wait for the food to be served and too many people.Special Features:
- When I first read the reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009When I first read the review from others before booking this resturant, I was thinking there might be some misunderstanding about the rudeness since this should be a high class resturant. But the others review was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT about the RUDENESS. There is an older gentlemen (I beleive he is either the owner or manager) working there and he was IMPATIENT and RUDE when I inquired about my drink which I have ordered 30 MINUTES AGO when I came in. Also, other waiters are no better. There is one waiter who just disregard my inqury about my drink. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS. Also, I saw the same old gentlemen turn away customers WITH AN UNPROFESSIONAL ATTITUDE. GOOD LUCK WITH THE BUSINESS
- Overall a good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2009Overall a good dining experience at Mulan. Upon arrival at the time of the reservation (7:45 pm) we were told that there would be a slight delay in seating my party of two. With no seating area to accomodate us while waiting for an available table (approx. 20 mins.) we stood. The atmosphere was elegant and quite reserved. Originally described as a business casual affair, we noticied a number of guests with jeans, sneakers and work clothing, however this did not detract from the sophisticated ambience. Our waiter began taking our order, only to inform us that a particular item on their Valentine menu was no longer available, and no substitutions. Main course was served before soup, a litle disorganized but a good dining experience.Special Features:
- The food is soso, not worthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2009The food is soso, not worth the price and can't match what the restaurant claimed and the location at queens crossing. Gernerally speaking, it's not good enough.
- Attentive service and qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/31/2009Attentive service and quality food . Hard to find a chinese restaurant in Flushing area where you can really take your time to enjoy the meal and the time with friends.Special Features:
- food is surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/5/2009food is surprisingly good and high end that what we expected except for the seafood noodles. it was dry and too al dente. service though was very impressive. our server was attentive and friendly. the ambiance is also aboveSpecial Features:
- For a Chinese restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/25/2008For a Chinese restaurant, the service and ambience and noise level was excellent...on an "american" scale, it would rate "very good". The wait staff was very helpful and nice, the dishes were creative...beautiful decor.Special Features:
- Outstanding Restaurant, FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/7/2008Outstanding Restaurant, Food was great, Design and Setting was at the highest level. Excellent table service, top Manhattan type ambiance with out the high prices and Queens County location. This is a keeper.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant.BradjeremyDined on 11/3/2008This is an excellent restaurant. It is the first of its kind that I have found in Flushing. The sizzling beef, Wu-sbi Spare ribs, lily scallops, foie gras, rock shrimp, tiny buns, har kau were all top notch. The meats were prepared to the perfect temperature and the sauces were flavorful without being overbearing. Skip the miso salmon and the chilean sea bass was just ok. The lava cake and banana cake were both scrumptious. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service, very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2008Great service, very attentive. Complimentary non-alcoholic drinks, which were good nonetheless. I would definitely go back. The lunch pre fixe menu has good variety..was not the best food I've ever tasted, but still satisfying. Great decor, clean, simple.Special Features:
- The atmosphere of this restaurantphenix325Dined on 9/21/2008The atmosphere of this restaurant is very nice. The food is good. I especially like the oxtail. They have a nice twist on traditional chinese cuisine.Special Features: