The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
3567 Main Street
Manchester Village, VT 05254Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.equinoxresort.com/
- Phone: 8023624700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Pub Fare: Daily: 11:30am - closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Russell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-Service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department.
- Private Party Facilities: Full- service through our extensive Banquet and Catering Department. Please contact the restaurant manager's office at 802-362-7738
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Hubner 8023627738
- Entertainment: Weekends and holiday periods in the Marsh Tavern Pub.
A word from The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox
The Marsh Tavern offers New England and eclectic cuisine, with Local Vermont influences in a casual historical tavern environment. For reservations in our classic, destination steak house, the Chop House, please call our hotel concierge at (802)362-4700. Please visit our website for information on additional dining at the Equinox.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Marsh Tavern @ Equinox reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Price was high for the qualityHubbubbDined on 4/28/2012Price was high for the quality of the food. $28 for a quarter chicken, just a small leg and thigh was surprising. Wait staff was great.
- I ordered a half salad (theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/19/2012I ordered a half salad (the waitress suggested this because the salad is huge)--greens, blue cheese, candied walnuts--delicious; the lamb steaks (medium rare, chef's recommendation)--excellent, with charred kale; and an incredible chocolate/pecan/caramel turtle torte. My husband ordered the appetizer special, a lobster corn risotto generous with the lobster, which he loved; the veal osso bucco, also a success; and a chocolate torte, which he was very happy about. The bread basket was lovely, with a sweet jalapeno jelly & tiny corn muffins, maple garlic hummus, warm home-made whole-grain bread. It was all good & our waitress was very helpful.Special Features:
- The food and wine are wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012The food and wine are wonderful in a elegant and welcoming setting. This is our favorite "special occasion" dining spot.Special Features:
- enjoyed everything but a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012enjoyed everything but a little noisy that night. Understand it was a holiday weekend and all the ski families were there.Special Features:
- Great find, not to be missed!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2012We ate at Marsh Tavern twice in two nights, the food was great each time. We enjoyed osso bucco, the sea bass special, and soups, salads. All were fresh, prepared flawlessly, and showcased local ingredients. Chef was very accomodating about special requests, the wait staff works well together, delivered a great product. Will definitely be nack!Special Features:
- We Will Return!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/12/2011My husband + I returned to The Equinox, where we were married, for our 1st anniversary. We had had our wedding dinner at The Marsh Tavern, including a delicious cake that was specially prepared (I have food allergies) by their bakery Chef. This year, when I made the dinner reservations through Open Table, I stated my dietary concerns. When our server came to the table with the menus, she said that the chef could come out and talk with me about my food allergies. The Chef kindly consulted with me about preparing a meal, to my liking, and this is no small task. My meal was as perfect as our wedding dinner. What a wonderful gift from the kind staff at The Marsh Tavern, we will definitely return.Special Features:
- While the service and foodMAMangerDined on 12/10/2011While the service and food was fine, the set up and seating was disappointing. While the Equinox appears to tout itself as an upscale resort, and that it is also understandable that such a place is "family friendly" our biggest suggestion is that they use the restaurant space differently so that kids and families sit in a section separate from others, especially when young children are being difficult and loud. Why don't they combine the two restaurants/menus, and have progressive seating, first area for families & children under 12, the next for 12+ and the current "Chop House" area, fine dining-adults only. That would certainly add to the experience of the stay!!!
- We enjoyed two evening mealschiliiliDined on 10/29/2011We enjoyed two evening meals at the restaurant and were able to try a variety of the fare. The food was excellent and well presented. The service on the first night was excellent and then the next evening was less attentive. I realized that they were in the mist of a transition of their Breakfast restaurant, but I don't believe they realized that we could hear the arguments in the dining room from the kitchen.Special Features:
- The Equinox - An OasisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2011The staff at the Equinox could not have been more accommodating! My partner's dinner was over-cooked. When I mentioned this to the waiter, the charge was taken off the bill. This is what an outstanding establishment does. My salmon dish was wonderfully prepared with a delicous sauce accompanying it. It was served on a small piece of birch wood. The beet salad was one of the best ever. Wonderful presentation! For morning breakfast, we inquired about The Wall Street Journal. It had not arrived yet. While we were eating, the bell boy brought it over to our table which was at the far end of the hotel from where he was stationed. He remembered!Special Features:
- Marsh Tavern at the EquinoxPaul1Dined on 10/11/2011Marsh Tavern at the Equinox Hotel in Manchester, Vermont is a wonderful find for food, atmosphere and friendliness. The food was fresh and well cooked. My salmon was first rate and everyone in my party of four enjoyed the food.Special Features:
- Not What I Had Hoped.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2011Interesting flavor combinations and a lovely presentation were used and yet the food was not outstanding. Salmon was overcooked and tenderloin medallions were not excellent. Breads were cold and unappetizing and charcuterie plate was uninspired. We ate outside which was fabulous on this warm October evening and provided great quiet compared to the seeming indoor noise level, but outdoor seating is very limited. The wait staff was attentive and sharp.Special Features:
- Service was excellent. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2011Service was excellent. Food was great as well. The bacon wrapped swordfish was perfectly cooked and the salmon was also nice. I would defintely go there again when I'm back in Manchester, VT.
- Food was good, service good,SixtallpinesDined on 10/7/2011Food was good, service good, great beer list. I would go back.Special Features:
- wonderful service, James wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/1/2011wonderful service, James was a fantastic server. Loved the bread basket, what a unique presentation!Special Features:
- Not a TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2011Service excellent, food perfect. The big turn off was the atmosphere. The decor and lighting was unpleasant. Not the cozy historical "Tavern" feel we'd expected, more like a cafeteria. The lighting especially was glaring , we felt exposed. No candles, no dimmed lights, not for romance or intimacy. Too bad!Special Features:
- Uninspired menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 9/24/2011Uninspired menu and service in a room more like an afterthought than restaurant. I am sure there are much better choices in this quaint town.
- Outside dinning is trickyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Outside dinning is tricky with weather and bugs. Tables were sticky and mosquitoes could have been controlled better. Staff were friendly but slow.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/7/2011Great place for a good lunch whether you are dining alone, dining as a couple, or dining as a family, Lobster roll and chicken panini on the lunch menu were very good. Service was very good - attentive but not intrusive. Good place for a tasty lunch and menu options were good.Special Features:
- Very attnetive and courteousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2011Very attnetive and courteous service and the food was excellent--deserves a top billing.
- Our first visit to Marsh TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/8/2011Our first visit to Marsh Tavern was for a special Mother's Day dinner with family. Everything was wonderful. Good service, very nice environment, excellent food and a varied wine list. We would not hesitate to recommend Marsh Tavern to others.Special Features:
- Food was great..i thoughttheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2011Food was great..i thoughtthe prices were too high and the portions were small...the price should include a salad...Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2011Fantastic food, nice ambiance. Service was irregular - very attentive to where are they?Special Features:
- Our server was a gemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2011The Marsh Tavern was the perfect place to dine with an old friend. The atmosphere was comfy and quiet yet not stuffy. The staff was welcoming and accommodating; our server was a gem...with impeccable timing. Their Maple-Planked Salmon and the Shrimp and Scallop Scampi dishes were delicious. Yes, it was a bit pricier than our usual fare but in light of the occasion and the attention to excellence by all at the Marsh Tavern it was well worth it.Special Features:
- The Caeser Salad was bad.gardenmasterDined on 1/2/2011The Caeser Salad was bad. Caesar salad dressing was not a Caeser dressing. It was not creammy with Parm and Garlic. The other food was very good. Staff seemed overwhelmed by the guests and service was not what one would expect.
- Brilliant restaurant in theTomKDined on 1/1/2011Brilliant restaurant in the beautiful historic Equinox.Special Features:
- The Marsh Tavern at the EquinoxNancyDrewVIPDined on 12/30/2010The Marsh Tavern at the Equinox is one of the few nice restaurants in Manchester and the prices show it. AN average meal for 4, that included 2 children who did not drink and no desserts was 300.00/ The short ribs and filet mignon were terrific. The duck was dry and had no flavor. The chicken was average and overpriced. For lunch at the bar which is far more reasonable the salmon spinach salad was dripping in dressing and the hard boiled eggs were not hard but runny. Wine is exorbitantly over priced. The place is attractive in a woodsy way but there is not even a candle on the table to see by. The staff is young and eager to please.Special Features:
- Don't believe anything onOpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 12/18/2010Don't believe anything on the Equinox web site! The restaurant is tiny, and basically in a hallway. Food simply tries too hard and beer and wine selection is very basic. Kids menu is pretty much french fries or carrots with other fried foods. If you ask, at leas they'll turn the TV off!Special Features:
- Service was well-timed andKEP7Dined on 12/17/2010Service was well-timed and friendly. The food was excellent. I would recommend The Marsh Tavern to family and friends.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding andskibumDined on 12/11/2010The food was outstanding and they had a very decent wine list. The dining room and ambiance does not match the superb menu and takes away from what could be an outstanding and/or romantic dining experience. The service was fair at best.Special Features:
- Food was very good. We didOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/10/2010Food was very good. We did feel rushed as our dinners came much to soon after our appetizer.Special Features:
- Food was good, if a bit pricey.LocalReviewerDined on 12/8/2010Food was good, if a bit pricey. We all enjoyed our appetizers. One main dish, the shrimp/scallop was good. The person who ordered the pork chop did not like what he ordered. The tuna encrusted with pepper was good, too. Also had a great bottle of wine from the list.Special Features:
- The food was great! The steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/13/2010The food was great! The steak was the best we have ever experienced! Our waitress was nice but didn't check on us very often, a lady by the name of Emily that was pouring all the waters didn't crack a smile once and she was very unfriendly. When saying thank you she just kept her frown with no polite manners at all. For such an elegant place I would look for friendlier staff but I have to say the hostess was very friendly even joked with us a little.Special Features:
- Food preparation is not upOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2010Food preparation is not up to the level of the rather high prices. A convenient place to eat if you are staying at the Equinox but not worth a special trip or detour.
- We were at the Marsh TavernFairfieldMom3Dined on 11/6/2010We were at the Marsh Tavern with our 3 kids and we all loved it. Our waitress made them special fun drinks and even made me a yummy seasonal cocktail (based on her own recipe from home). We sat right in the front of the fireplace. Very nice evening for us.Special Features:
- Great resort with outstandingJohnDined on 10/19/2010Great resort with outstanding dining options. We had a wonderful dinner Tuesday night.Special Features:
- Excellent food, nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2010Excellent food, nice atmosphere, and delightful wait staff.Special Features:
- The ambiance was lovely, andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2010The ambiance was lovely, and the service was wonderful. We thoroughly enjoyed our food. My only disappointment was the tab. $225 for dinner for two seems a bit high.Special Features:
- Beautiful hotel but very dissapointOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2010Beautiful hotel but very dissapointing dining experience. Food was mediocre. Just a tad better than a good diner.
- Mix of lower priced and higherPerillaDinerDined on 10/9/2010Mix of lower priced and higher priced options on the menu. Nice bread, wonderful staff.
- This restaurant provided aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2010This restaurant provided a cozy, clubby atmosphere complete with working fireplace. The service was attentive and the lunch and dinner menus did not disappoint the 4 persons who dined here. The clam chowder was excellent as was the bread basket. Recommended dishes are the salmon, filet mignon, maple chicken. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: