Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
1750 Tysons Boulevard
McLean, VA 22102Neighborhood:
Tysons Corner / McLean
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thepalm.com/Tysons-Corner
- Phone: 7039170200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Frank Dalton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You provide the occasion; we’ll set the scene. Whether you’re organizing a rehearsal dinner or a business lunch presentation, we’ll work with you to create a personalized, enjoyable, and memorable event. Our team of expert staff will do everything required to create a positive experience for your valued guests – from the warm greeting they receive on arrival to their last bite of dessert. Visit http://www.thepalm.com/privatedining to start planning your event.
- Special Events: There’s always something happening at the Palm! To learn more about our latest specials and events visit http://www.thepalm.com/Specials
A word from Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner
Palm Restaurant in Tysons Corner is a Classic American Steak House famous for prime steaks, jumbo Nova Scotia lobsters & traditional Italian dishes. Walk into Palm Restaurant & you're joining a party that's been going strong for 3 generations. You are welcomed with a smile, and before you know it, you’re raising a glass, swept up & away by the spirit of the place. From coast to coast, people know that Palm Restaurant is synonymous with prime steaks & outrageously outsized lobsters. What many don’t realize is that Palm Restaurant is thoroughly family-bred. It has been run by the sons & now by the grandsons of both founding partners. Come to Palm Restaurant & find out why John Mariani, food writer for Esquire magazine, says Palm Restaurant "defines the steak house genre." Ask Palm Restaurant about joining The 837 Club, and enjoy the perks and rewards of good taste, great food, and Palm Restaurant experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner - Best Restaurants in Tysons Corner / McLean ›
Palm Restaurant - Tysons Corner reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (72)good for groups (66)great for lunch (59)romantic (42)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (31)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (1)Show More
- A FavoriteMortyZVIPDined on 8/5/2014Tim Seymour, the GM since it opened and Mishka our server are always great. The tuna was superb and my wife loved the crab cakes. Our guests enjoyed their bone in Filets and we had a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I know it was an off nightCiaobellavinoVIPDined on 8/5/2014They were really busy lots of groups...so very loud. DO NOT ORDER the Sea Bass special it has so much butter and is battered its just plain old soggy. But we will go back...stick to what they are known for steaks and basics and you will be fine - very decent wine list.Special Features:
- Always Flawless!MThreeDined on 8/4/2014Tim and the crew always provide excellent customer service and a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Night OutSatisfiedDined on 8/4/2014The food is quite good even though a bit expensive, but what makes the event so special is the outstanding service! From Tim the GM to Mishka, our waiter, the attention to detail is amazing. The assistance in making selections for dining is much appreciated and have never proven to be wrong. If anything is not right, it is taken care of immediately. I have never enjoyed dining experience that always leaves you feeling special and that it was a great night out any more than when we dine at this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food, ambience, and service is always on par at The Palm. They take their food & guests very seriously, but not in stuffy, uptight way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night venueCurtDined on 8/1/2014This is a great date night venue. Perfect with a nice 2 person booth for a nice conversation and if you go a little later than the main stream, it is less noisy and you get a little more personalized service. Food was great and they allowed us to taste the wines they had by the glass to see if we would like them before procuring a full glass. Very generous. The desserts were definitely made for two to share!Special Features:
- Another great mealVisitorVIPDined on 7/29/2014We joins friends for lunch, having only been to the Palm-Tysons for many memorable dinners. We had a great mean, as usual. The calamari and lump crab appetizers were delicious. The soft-shell crabs and steaks, and the family style green beans and hash browns were wonderfully prepared and presented. The dessert doughnuts with raspberry and chocolate dipping sauce and the key lime pie were enjoyed by all. As always, the service was impeccable. We enjoyed our long lunch and encourage others to try the Palm for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBillieJoVIPDined on 7/28/2014Sometimes forget about our "old" favorite - Consistent in every way - good food, great service, easy to get to - complimentary parking - a delight!Special Features:
- Best lobster in townIrnieVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have been going to the Palm for decades. Tyson's is our favorite with Tim Seymour as overseer the place runs like a clock. We go often enough to have a favorite waiter---Lacher---who is a prize. When they have their summer lobster specials the pricing makes a visit to the Palm an even more special treat. One of their younger waiters taught us a trick when preparing lobster---Steam it to preserve volume and not let it dry out, but then put it under the broiler for just a minute. Also they are flexible about preparing sauteed garlic in olive oil to replace the drawn butter. P.S. At this visit my wife (lobster allergic) loved her strip steak.Special Features:
- Boisterous, delicious, satisfyingWeEatOutVIPDined on 7/24/2014From the managers to the water refillers to the car valets, everyone is glad you're there. I never had anyone say, "No" to anything; what more can you want? A great time, every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!FireChrisDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I try to get to the Palm once every couple of months and we have never been disappointed. Excellent food and great service is something they pride themselves on. We will continue to dine there as it is one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm not good choiceSusanDined on 7/23/2014Made reservation for the Palm for my birthday. Asked for nice booth. They tried to put us at a table and kept us standing in the middle of floor while checked on it. Apologized for the mix up, but put us at a booth right in front of the server's counter (not a nice booth). Asked to break between appetizers, main course. Brought my husband wrong soup. Waiter didn't come back till he was almost finished. Second apology. Main course came right away. No break not relaxing. Another table sung the "Happy Birthday" to. Not me. Felt that Palm is focused on Corporate clientele,forgets/ doesn't care about everyone else. When we go to Season 52 or Bonefish for a special occasion they acknowledge it,want us as clients . Don't feel that with The Palm.
- deliciousTommyDined on 7/22/2014The food was reallllllly good. Service was very g ood. Cheese cake was also very good. Lobster was super freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggielikesthepalmDined on 7/21/2014I likes that they had complimentary valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateVadreamer1Dined on 7/20/2014Classic Palm experience! Well worth the money! You will not regret choosing the Palm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davina2Dined on 7/20/2014lobster way over cooked so dry we could only eat little more than halfSpecial Features:
- Love the lobster specialFloridagirlDined on 7/19/2014The summer lobster special is amazing! 4# "bug" to share, one side to share and a salad for each for $99.00. That's a lot of delicious lobster. they crack it out of the shell for you making it easy to eat. Loved their Cosmo made with fresh squeezed lime juice. A winning summer dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MelbatoastDined on 7/16/2014Booking through OpenTable was easy and convienent. I put a little note in the reservation that we were celebrating my dad's 56th birthday. When we showed up at the table, The Palm had a birthday card waiting for him at the table!! What a difference the small touches make. Melinda was our server, and oh my gosh she was fabulous. She was extremely knowledgable about the menu and wine list. This being my first time at The Palm, she was very helpful in helping us pick the best options to suit what we were looking for. She recognized my dad's birthday and made it special for him. I highly recommend her. A restaurant is only as good as the service they provide. The Palm is top notch.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysNoVALitig8orDined on 7/14/2014I am something of a regular for lunch at the Palm, though this was a dinner with my wife. As always, the service, food, and ambience were immaculate. Very dependably great.Special Features:
- DisappointingFishloveDined on 7/13/2014We had dinner there Sunday night. One of the daily specials was red snapper. I ordered that and it was terrible. It was dry and overcooked. The sides were OK. My wife had lobster which was fine. Overall, the dining experience was rather ordinary and disappointing for the very high prices. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Outstanding ExperienceGigiDined on 7/12/2014A group of us were treated like royalty. The food is excellent and the staff was simply amazing! Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014Bartender said he did not know menu and could not make any recommendations. My wife's burger was great but the tuna was lacking and tough.
- MeatMichael818VIPDined on 7/9/2014Palm is a typical high end steak house with high end prices. The meat is nicely done and the potions large. The normal prices are geared more to expense accounts than casual dining with the wine list mark ups pretty high. The monthly special is hard to brat but be aware that when you pick things not included in the special - wine, deddert, coffee - you will quickly run the price up.Special Features:
- Great to be back!LipcheesVIPDined on 7/9/2014I didn't realize how much I missed dining at The Palm Tysons until I returned recently to celebrate a close friend's birthday. It was nice that some of the wait staff and even the General Manager (Tim) remembered me - even after 18 months! That brought a smile to my face and made the dining experience that much more special. The service is always top notch and the food always delicious. I plan to return soon - and not wait 18 months ever again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteMortyZVIPDined on 7/5/2014Tim Seymour does a great job as manager of this restaurant. Food is always great and Mishka is a great waiter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2014I had a wonderful steak, very juicy and taste great. Tasted the girlfriend's chicken parm and it bursted with favor, very good!Special Features:
- Disappointing on Many FrontsArthurmanVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went for the lobster special--a four-pound lobster for two. We ordered a bottle of wine. The waiter came back after a bit and said that the price of the wine had gone up since the menu had been printed and "was that alright?". I said "No, you should give it to us for the printed price". He responded that he would have to check with the manager. In my opinion, in a restaurant that thinks of itself as high-end, he should have done that on his own initiative instead of trying to get us to pay the higher price. Anyway, he brought the wine and charged us the printed price. The salad was way over-dressed, with mediocre lettuce. The lobster was good, as were the french fries, but the green beans were terrible.
- Great service, Ok foodHungryBearDined on 7/1/2014My mother and I went here for the summer lobster's special. The service throughout the entire time was great and I really have no complaint about that. The food, however, was a little bland. The two salads that we ordered, Caesar & mixed greens, were nothing special. The lobster itself was very good quality and huge, but how it was prepared was really really bland. I wish they would concoct a dipping sauce for the lobster to make it taste better. The brussel sprouts that we ordered were terribly bitter; I don't know how they got so bitter, but some of them were almost inedible. Overall, it was a great value, and if you really like lobsters and can eat a lot of it, you should go here.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!PartyOnGarthVIPDined on 6/29/2014Always enjoy the food, drinks & service at the Tysons Palm!I would recommend this to a friend.
- USA USA USAMcLeanEaterDined on 6/26/2014We love this restaurant and on this occasion my husband's special order Veal Martini was it's usual excellent self. Nice wine, perfect martini (best in the world!). I had the lobster salad and the lobster and avacado were exquisite. Glad they were on top, tho, because the salad was massively overdressed (1/2" of dressing on the bottom of the bowl!). So I basically couldn't eat the 'salad' part. Would have asked for more appropriately dressed greens, but wait staff was more interested in the soccer game than customers! So enjoy The Palm, but don't go during a USA World Cup game :=)
- Going down hillStBartstoParisgirlDined on 6/18/2014We always think of The Palm as a great special occasion celebration choice. We haven't been there in a couple of years. This trip was so disappointing. Lobster Bisque: waiter warned us of the HOT bowl...however the soup turned out barely room temp; lobster meat on top of my steak was mushy, my steak ordered as medium well was cooked rare to medium rare; mashed potatoes seemed like boxed instant; my husband loved his steak and finished my "too rare for me" filet mignon. I was so surprised and disappointed.
- Always greatRepeatDinerVIPDined on 6/18/2014MY son and his lady friend joined me in another outstanding wine and dine time at the Palm. They always go out of their way to satisfy your every dining request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can cook vegetables better.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2014I was disappointed with the quality of preparation the last time I went to the Palm, specifically the brussel sprouts, the asparagus and the bearnaise sauce. When you leave with a $500 bill, everything should have been great.
- Excellent food and serviceDickDined on 6/15/2014The lobster specials and 837 specials are great and the wine list is fantastic..Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceCTPINTLVIPDined on 6/14/2014Had the lobster special for 2. Great deal! Our waiter, Cameron also provided great service. He handled any concern that came up to our satisfaction. They definitely want to make the customer happy!Special Features:
- comfortable lunch for businessJamesDined on 6/12/2014I went to Palm's Restaurant for a business lunch it was my first and will not be my last. I enjoy the atmosphere, food, service, and manager checking to make sure everything was going fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, superb wait staff!HattieDined on 6/11/2014Very accommodating, friendly staff. Food is always fantastic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2014Had an enjoyable family meal post-graduation. Food was excellent, as was service. A little loud during the mid-week lunch hour, but probably to be expected.Special Features:
- Service not great for non-regularsGreginDCDined on 6/10/2014Overall, it was OK, but it seemed that being seated in a corner booth (not our choice) set the tone for being a good bit overlooked by the servers. When they did come by, it was a very "passing" interaction and very little inquiry about how things were, what we needed, etc. Not sure if it was a bad night or what, but I felt that others who seemed to be more regular got the attention that we did not.Special Features:
- The Palm lives in Tyson CornerDickGDined on 6/10/2014While attending a conference at the Ritz Carlton decided to go to the Palm next door for dinner with business associates. Glad we did!! They were having a Lobster special which we decided to partake and it was wonderful...Great preparation and presentation! Service was marvelous and our waiter was friendly and had things together for our whole meal. No steak this night as had it night before but I was in mood they were beautiful specimens. Will defenitly recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.