Simon @ Palms Place
4381 W Flamingo
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
The Palms Hotel & Casino
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Simon @ Palms Place
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palms.com/casual-dining/simon
- Phone: 7029443292x
- Hours of Operation:
5p-6p happy hour
Fri and Sat
3p-6p happy hour
3p-6p happy hour
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary Asian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Rich Tapia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Simon's Private Events menus are catered to our guests individual needs.
For more information please,
Email: Julie Bushur firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Host your next event at Simon. Whether planning a lunch meeting of 10 or a wedding of 310, Simon accommodates a variety of functions and party sizes. The private Sunroom is ideal for a business gathering, offering flat screen TV's and direct access to our poolside terrace. Our Herb Room features a welcoming fireplace and spectacular skylights with windows that open to the poolside creating a fresh and lofty atmosphere--making Simon's culinary Herb Room the ideal location for your next cocktail reception, birthday celebration or office gathering.
A word from Simon @ Palms Place
Las Vegas' resort destination introduces, Simon at Palms Place which marks the culmination of Chef Kerry Simon's 15 years in Las Vegas. Sophisticated yet crowd-pleasing, the inventive menu features steak, seafood and sushi. Simon has worked with the renowned Rockwell Group to design and construct a restaurant that is earth-friendly, employing sustainable materials such as bamboo, slate and stone. Simon at Palms Place overlooks the resort’s dramatic outdoor pool featuring glass wall windows which make for an outdoor/indoor dining experience. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch on Sunday's Simon at Palms Place features a sushi bar, a sexy lounge and an inviting atmosphere for all.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Simon @ Palms Place - Best Restaurants in The Palms Hotel & Casino ›
Simon @ Palms Place reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)romantic (15)great for brunch (14)scenic view (14)special occasion (14)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- best brunch value in LVOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/30/2014best brunch in LV and much less expensive than most. The brunch is fun; the food is outstanding with a combination of hot food from the kitchen made to order and fresh food on the buffet including sushi, jumbo shrimp and great baked goods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool spot...had some quirks!Glamourgal2000Dined on 3/23/2014Wanted a Vegas brunch spot with great service and unlimited French champagne. Simon's website hyped a bottomless Perrier-Jouet champagne option. Our server was unsure of the champagne offer. After a wait he said he was trying to "make it happen" for us. Finally we were served our 1st glass of Perrier-Jouet. We tried some sushi, peel and eat shrimp and a few items from the menu. All food was excellent. 1st bottle of champagne gone (remember bottomless champagne!!), our server seemed scared to get another bottle. Needless to say, we were put off...However another bottle did arrive.....after 30 minutes. A manager had to run (literally) to a warehouse to retrieve more champagne. Our service suffered as the restaurant got busier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun BrunchDamayVIPDined on 3/23/2014Sunday bruch with a group was great fun. There is a buffet with some items and others you order off the menu ( one set price). We ordered practically one of everything and shared small bites.....an interesting take on a buffet. Not the best option if you're not with good friends or family. The unlimited bellinis, mimosas and bloody Marys are a nice option.......not to mention the mound of cotton candy you get at the end of the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant yes, bar just okcoffeegirlDined on 3/20/2014Wait staff is fantastic. Food great. Only issue is slow and spotty service at the bar for happy hour, prior to us being seated for dinner. Restaurant wait staff is any matter, great attitude, fun and fast. Good place for a moderate priced dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although off the strip, itsEmptyNestDined on 3/12/2014Although off the strip, its worth the trip. Simon's is located on the 6th floor of the Palm's with a calming view of the pool and terrace. The service was pleasant, unobtrusive and informed. We had the filet mignon which was a generous, perfectly prepared cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experiencePerfectDined on 3/9/2014Simon was the perfect dining experience to kick off our week in Vegas. Great sushi and filet mignon. A calming atmosphere with great service as well. LOVED this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and memorableJonrobmomVIPDined on 3/4/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dining at this wonderful restaurant. The veal and pork chops were sensational, served with the most delicious sauces. The calamari and Caesar salad were terrific as well. Our server was a delight and the service overall was attentive and efficient. He surprised us at meal's end with a bowl of pink cotton candy! What a delightful surprise! I also love the decor and the view of the pool all lit up. It's just lovely. We will definitely dine at Simon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW! The view is amazing onOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/20/2014WOW! The view is amazing on the 6th floor of The Palms. With rooftop swimming pool, outdoor dining, outdoor and indoor fireplace makes this a fun place for friends as well as a romantic place for couples. The food was also amazing. We had mostly sushi. The yellowtail and tuna was like butter! I had the surf and turf sushi and I couldn't help but want to share so my partner could experience it. The price is perfect for happy hour and lunch, but a bit over the top for dinner. The staff is friendly and personable. We will be going back every single time we visit Vegas...and take our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner at SimonVelk1976Dined on 2/8/2014Myhusband and I arrived early enough to get happy hour drinks. Trying to eat before a show, we arrived to a very quiet restaurant at 6:00 p.m. We didn't realize that Simon was in a separate building from the main casino and walked a long way thru "tubes" to get there. We had a wonderful meal and great service (we were the only ones there for a while). By the time we left, business was picking up. I ordered a sushi appetizer for a meal and it wasn't quite enough. My husband ordered a chicken dish and it was a big portion. It was also be best chicken he ever had...organic farming does make a difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ExperienceEatoutDined on 1/31/2014The restrauant was a very nice atmosphere. The food was great and the staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdamameJbobriVIPDined on 1/30/2014Hands down the best Edamame you will ever experience. Enjoy the great service and tasty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!VegasDonDined on 1/23/2014If you're looking for a place to have a fun, unique meal, Simon's is a great choice. Very creative dishes, well executed & reasonably priced. I've had lunches, dinners & their signature Sunday Brunch without ever being disappointed. Great feel to the place, not stuffy but certainly not low brow either. The sushi was well prepared & fresh. The charred edamame is a must have starter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill DiscrepancyBrittaniDined on 1/21/2014Upon confirmation of our reservation at Palms Place, we received a $40 gift receipt for dinner at Simon. When it came time to process the bill, the waiter was having a lot of trouble processing the coupon and as a result, we were ended up with a dinner charge at the end of our stay at the resort. We had to take care of it with the hotel and eventually the charges were cleared. Overall, the food was great, the ambiance very romantic and the servicers were respectful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2014This was the second time I have been to Simon and it doesn't disappoint. A creative menu and great ambiance made for yet another memorable evening. I particularly like the meatloaf and the special that night (filet oscar) was also a hit.Special Features:
- Horrible ServiceMrFoodManDined on 1/5/2014The service was horrible. I watched our server talk and joke to the table next to us for 10 minutes before he greeted us. It took asking two people and 20 minutes to get an a la carte menu. The service continued to ignore our table. Another person had to help us. Service was horrible and confusing who would help us.
- Can't wait to go back!devilcatDined on 12/29/2013I made reservations for brunch for my boyfriend's birthday. It could not have been a better experience. The food and service were outstanding. I really love that they have salmon sashimi on their brunch menu. The other choices are just as noteworthy: lobster havarti benedict, made to order smoothies, smoked salmon, spicy tuna, biscuits and gravy, etc. Go hungry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013The Sushi was really good, service was friendly and professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as alwaysCathyWDined on 12/25/2013I've loved Simon's food for years and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch outingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/15/2013We have been to Simon twice before for dinner and have had great experiences with the food and service. This time we went with the kids for brunch. It is a very unique place for brunch. Half the menu is ordered from the server from the kitchen, then the other half is setup in stations in the dining room. There are a lot of options for food, ranging from savory to sweet. There are healthy options and not so healthy options. Sushi and freshly made smoked salmon are available. Problem for us was that the night before we had dinner at another buffet, so we weren't that hungry when we got to Simon. We ate as much as we could. I would love to go back and eat everything else in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Evening with Friendsdoc4teethDined on 12/7/2013Good evening with good food and great service. Rib-eyes were awesome, steel head trout was great, sides good too. Edamame and shrimp appetizer was a win! Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad service and overpricedgeezerDined on 12/6/2013Simon restaurant was a serious disappointment. We were celebrating our 38th anniversary and found this on line. Basically this was a typical sports bar / restaurant trying to be higher end. Our steaks were acceptable but the side was a big serving of extremely hot peppers and French fries or mac and cheese. He said he would bring vegetables for us but he brought no vegetables. Our waiter finally showed up and said he would give us a sample plate of the deserts. The sample plate was something that we would normally expect at a kids birthday party (cotton candy, popcorn, 2 cookies that were dry and a dry brownie). Imagine our surprise after all this when we saw that he had added a gratuity to our tab.
- Over-rated but still a nice getawayVegasChuckDined on 11/30/2013Simon is hard to find the first time there. Prices are moderate, for Vegas. It's a big time sushi joint so if you're into that kind of thing then perhaps it's really awesome, but I settled for a vegetarian meal which consisted of apple salad and margherita pizza. It was just middle of the road. Had better, had worse. Service at the bar area was more miss than hit. Overall this place gets 3 stars, just average. But the view of the pool at Palms Place is an extra brownie point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful-Quiet Vegas BreakfastkbloodVIPDined on 11/23/2013For breakfast, Simon is a really wonderful, quiet/relaxed breakfast option (no thumping music playing, no piles of so-so food). You can view the pool outside (through glass walls) and the clean/streamlined decor inside as you eat. Service is relaxed. Food is very good -- they obviously use well-thought-out ingredients like an above-average smokey bacon, not-your-everyday ham, and candied pecans (on top of a 'bourbon waffle'). This is a 'hidden' breakfast gem.Special Features:
- Always fantastic!berginlvDined on 11/22/2013Simon's has been one of my favorite restaurants for many years. Each time I go back the food, ambiance and staff remind me why I recommend this restaurant to my friends and colleagues. Simon's is outstanding in a city that houses restaurants from most major chefs in the world. Kudos on maintaing the highest of quality and experience.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/18/2013My niece and I came here to have dinner and I could not find anything wrong with this restaurant !! The food was so tasty , service outstanding , and the dessert was so much fun.. Next time I'm in Las Vegas I'll be returning.. Thank you for this enjoyable outing. The staff just made us feel so special thank you so much. 10 stars out of 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dining experience,grthemooseDined on 11/13/2013Very enjoyable dining experience,great attentive staff ,great ambience definite returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceAndiDined on 11/4/2013Simon was a great dining experience. Although it was a bit confusing to find and quite a far distance from the casino floor, it was well worth the trip. The service was great from the moment we entered. Our server was so sweet and charming. Food was served quickly and hot. The filet mignon melted in your mouth and the bone-in ribeye was tasty. It was a wonderful dining experience and will definitely return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice bar atmosphere.Suz317Dined on 11/3/2013Very nice bar atmosphere. Menu was limited but had some nice items. While the double hamburger at $24 was delicious, it was huge and too much to eat. Maybe a single burger at a lower price point would be more desirable. Service was outstanding and the pool overlook at night was beautiful. As the restaurant filled up, the noise level increased dramatically. Acousitcally, it was not very conducive to conversation. This was with the restaurant maybe one third full with hardly anyone at the bar.Special Features:
- Brunch is the best thing they do!LisaBFVIPDined on 11/2/2013Have enjoyed Brunch here a few times........ always amazing! Dinner was ok. Service was fine, and the food is good, but sometimes "different" is too different ~ short ribs had some heavy seasoning, meatloaf, same thing.... something different. And the wine list is too limited... give me more than one selection for Chardonnay!!! We'll keep going back for Brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok placeYummDined on 10/28/2013My third time here,and still looking for the wow factor. Food is good,great quality,fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to bring out of townersDocHollyDined on 10/20/2013Brought a friend to Simon's brunch just to catch up on life. Pleasant atmosphere. Mostly great innovative food but I was a bit disappointed their crepes were pre-made. Good: Ample tables with view of the Stick-bugs tanning in the pool. Better: food especially the encrusted french toast and the fall off the bone ribs. BEST: Bloody Mary bar. Bonus: Cotton Candy for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placesouthprlDined on 10/19/2013Stayed at Palm's Place and ate here for dinner once. Our server was really good, the food was very good and reasonably priced, and the drinks were stiff enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch was mediocre, at best.HurricaneCLKVIPDined on 10/19/2013I go to Simon for dinner at least monthly, and I really like the food/ service at night. We went for a late lunch on Saturday. Horrible service. It was a late lunch, & we were served by the bartender, who was more focused on bar prep and football games than his two tables. I literally had to get up, walk to the bar, and fill my iced tea myself. The fries were not Tuscan and were overcooked, but about ten minutes after we were served, new fries appeared because the chef said they were wrong. I ask you, why serve the bad fries at all? The Asian salad was awful: small (not an entrée salad size), salty, and flavorless. No bread basket. Calamari and French dip were good. Still a dinner fan, but I will never go back for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it herejeauxjadeDined on 10/18/2013Simon restaurant was great. nice and quiet view of the Palms Place pool that wraps around the sides. the food was also great. pushes the envelope jus enought.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the French Toast!VetyExyVIPDined on 10/17/2013The Frosted Flakes French Toast was a delicious dish for breakfast! Very fun place inside Palm Place Hotel on the 6th floor...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food before or aftervegasdocVIPDined on 10/12/2013Solid food before or after a show at the Palms.Loved the tempura fried brussel sprouts.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!10SCVOLDined on 10/11/2013My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience at Simon's. We had a coupon or we would have never discovered this gem. Our waiter, Ken, did a great job of making suggestions regarding our wine selection and side choices. I can honestly say the filet was the best I've ever eaten. The salads were very fresh and crisp. The ambiance is unique. Sitting at the curved tables with the pool in the background was very romantic. We loved the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedKLC726VIPDined on 10/11/2013We always thought of this place as an upscale restaurant for fine dining, We were there for a special menu. The restaurant is very pretty. The portions were small which was OK, but the food was very ordinary. The entree looked sad and lonely and was served on a small plate. The poor presentation made it unappealing even though it tasted OK. The service was very slow and non-attentive. Our water glasses were always running low and not being refilled. One dish was a broth and we had to get up and get our own spoon because the waiter never came back and the food was getting cold. There was an ahi roll and we had to wait at least 15 minutes till we got some soy sauce with it. The dessert was impressive to look at. Would never go back.Special Features:
- Save your moneyMax8Dined on 10/4/2013Food mediocre but prices sky high. Not easy to get here with poor signage. If you are one of the suckers willing pay these prices for this quality of food, don't say you weren't warned. Can't understand those that recommend this place, ambiance is nice. Service s amateurish especially at these prices. So many off-Strip places with much better food at lower prices.Special Features:
- Simon never disappointsrxstrongmanDined on 9/29/2013This is our 2nd visit to Simons and as the time before, the food was decadent and inspired. Carey Simon takes us back to the times when i was a kid growing up in East LA, eating the simplicity of breakfast mixed with an occasional special brunch with family which brought out special occasion foods. Frosted Flake Brioche french toast is not to be missed. Moving to the savory side, all 4 of his Benedict's were amazing all in different directions. One of the specials this trip was a Nutella Churro chocolate topped nugget. Five to a platter, these little gems were not for the calorie conscious, but for those wishing for something decadent and sinful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.