Tower Oaks Lodge
2 Preserve Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tower Oaks Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 3012940200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Eng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail parties in the Saranac Bar
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 3012940200x
- Special Events: Monday: Half-Price Wine
Easter Sunday Brunch & Dinner
Mother's Day Brunch & Dinner
Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Tower Oaks Lodge
With the look and feel of one of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, Tower Oaks Lodge serves an American-style saloon menu. Adjacent to a 21-acre nature preserve, Tower Oaks Lodge is located just off I-270. The raw bar features oysters from both coasts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tower Oaks Lodge - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Tower Oaks Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
490 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (219)special occasion (218)great for lunch (214)good for groups (191)great for brunch (154)fit for foodies (105)vibrant bar scene (100)scenic view (90)romantic (86)kid-friendly (79)notable wine list (43)late-night find (34)hot spot (31)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Great serviceTravelingonbusinessDined on 7/21/2014Service was very pleasant; appropriate for my business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has yet to disappointgeniusVIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Tower Oaks Lodge many times and there is a reason for that. The food is always good the service is always professional and the atmosphere is always comfortable. Right now I would highly recommend the Tomato Salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatbobiVIPDined on 7/19/2014The server was amazing and the food was great. It is always good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014We visit Clyde's Columbia location frequently. Since our guest lives in Rockville, we thought we would give Tall Oaks a try. We were pleasantly surprised at the upscale ambiance at this location. Loved that aspect. Food was Clyde's food. Dependable, consistent, good. I had the monthly special (filet) which was very good. Spouse and guest had the Rockfish, and while enjoying it, said it did not rise to the level of that dish at similar restaurants. All in all though, a very enjoyable evening. Service as spotty, slow at times. The server was pleasant however, and knowledgeable as to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLoveTOLDined on 7/19/2014The July special, filet mignon with zucchini, fingerling potatoes, cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, etc. was absolutely delicious and priced well. We appreciated that there was an option for a 5 oz. filet. We purchased a bottle of the suggested wine, which was perfect with the filet. Kyle Casey, our server, was perfectly professional and friendly. We do not usually get dessert, but his recommendation of the blackberry pie was tempting, so we ordered one to share. Kyle did not let us down! The pie was delicious. Thank you, TOL, for another wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryBudfromGaithersburgDined on 7/18/2014This is our favorite spot in Montgomery County for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!SongbirdVIPDined on 7/14/2014I am a frequent diner at Tower Oaks Lodge. I have very high expectations for restaurants. I've never been disappointed. It's always a wonderful experience, in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great despite the noise level!Bill49Dined on 7/12/2014Tower Oaks Lodge is a favorite in the DC area. Food, service , and ambiance are outstanding! The only downside was that this Saturday night crowd was much too noisy. We were seated next to a very loud and obnoxious couple, who made us uncomfortable. However, we will return often because this place is otherwise outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent visitMaryDined on 7/12/2014Enjoyable dinner with an outstand atmosphere. More than a little noisy but overall enjoyable. Waiter was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very well done from front desk to our server. Very accommodating establishments with a great value and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date Nightmom10022013Dined on 7/12/2014I listed as kid friendly, but Saturday night was double date night with another couple - after nearly 3 hours - our waitress never said a word or attempted to rush us out. Everything we ordered was delicious - the cheeses, the meals, the cupcake of the day, dark chocolate mousse...The rolls and butter were AMAZING. I loved that hint of saltiness. I also loved that a pitcher of water was on the table and we could refill our glasses easily. My filet and all the sides was delicious. I normally don't eat or like zucchini and squash, but the way this was prepared - puree and diced small - was delicious. I ate everything instead of pushing it to the side.Special Features:
- had a great timedreadDined on 7/11/2014with the family - kids 13 and 11 enjoyed the outing. food was excellent. fried chicken livers was a 10! steak salad was perfect and daughter said her sliders were to die for. will return. wasn't our first time but won't be the last. average age of diners was very high :-) our server (called himself short) was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Monthly SpecialDarduggleDined on 7/11/2014Food is usually quite good but the beef filets (this month's special) were terribly tough and nearly inedible. Three of the four at our table ordered them and all were disappointed. I (happily) got the roasted chicken - it was delicious. The calamari appetizer was really good as were the sides for the entrees. We were comped for one of the dinners because it was sent back. The staff and manager were empathetic and offered to replace the meal but still a big downer. We really like the restaurant and have gone there often. We will be back but it may be a bit longer between visits than usual.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationSuefoodyDined on 7/11/2014This was a birthday dinner for my friend Nancy. We really enjoyed the shrimp appetizer. Her Parmesan crusted trout was worthy of the celebration. Her Blackberry pie on the house came with a birthday candle. My Chocolate Milkshake was the best ever.Special Features:
- Nice!lovegr8foodDined on 7/11/2014Although my crab cakes had numerous shells, the visit was nice. The crabcakes seem to be shrinking but the price growing! The waiter didn't seem to care that I had so many shells in my food, and joked that it was "wild crab" and didn't offer any consolation. The manager was very professional and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGardenRomeDined on 7/11/2014The food is XOXO and the service is unbeatable. We enjoyed our lunch ane the experience is unforgotten. Thanks a billion.Special Features:
- Good for a casual lunchFrequentDinerDined on 7/10/2014The Clyde's group is a known-quantity, and when Tower Oaks opened, locals flocked to a place where we could enjoy consistently good American food. At a recent lunch, the menu seemed more limited than usual, and the service was somewhat lethargic. Our promised corn bread failed to appear, and the usually solicitous wait staff was remarkably absent. For a noon lunch, the room was much quieter than usual, and the energetic vibe was missing. The food was okay, but again, not up to the usual standards, and the french fries were tired and over salted. The usual high standards of the Clyde's group appear to have wilted in the heat. I have been dining at Clyde's since 1973 and have visited all but two of the restaurants in the group.Special Features:
- decent moderatly priced foodSandraDined on 7/9/2014We have never been disappointed but not always thrilled. The fish is always good; the crab cakes were met with indifference. Filet Mignon not that exciting. Service was a bit indifferent this time, though usually very good. Loud place; the sound tends to bounce off the walls, at least in the room we were; I believe the other room, where they have regular tables, not booths, is quieter. Stay away from the bar, specially during world cup. Suggestion: when you see a very old lady coming in, do not seat her near the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Alaskan Salmon!PRawlinsVIPDined on 7/9/2014Great lunch at Tower Oaks - tried the Alaskan Salmon and it was wonderful! Great service, very prompt and attentive. The server recommendations showed a great knowledge of the menu and what was special about each item.Special Features:
- special occasionlikeitgoodDined on 7/8/2014We went to celebrate a wedding anniversary. My wife felt the menu was quite limited and we were not informed of any specials. She ended up ordering a hamburger with fries. I had the filet mignon, which was good but not outstanding. It was cooked as ordered, but the quality of the beef wasn't as good as I would have expected. As far as ambiance, the noise level was high. Our waiter was reasonably attentive but pre-occupied with a large table close by so we had to flag him down when we needed his attention for things like bread and butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBGGalVIPDined on 7/7/2014This is my favorite place for a good, relatively quick meal. We had the wild salmon salad and wild salmon entree. Both were excellent. Would definitely order again. (If getting the entree, consider asking for double veggies rather than the orzo salad.)
- Steak SaladTrudieDined on 7/6/2014The steak salad at this restaurant was not nearly as good as the same one at the Clydes in Town Center Reston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemgoodfoodDined on 7/6/2014The food was excellent, service was wonderful and friendly and the restaurant was fairly quiet due to our early seating time. Very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointeddisappointedDined on 7/4/2014Pretty setting, excellent service, but the noise level prohibited conversation across the table. Food obviously prepared with great care, but so over salted that it was neither tasty nor pleasant. Even salad was over salted--ruining the freshness of the ingredients. When food is not edible, it doesn't matter how cute the environment is nor how pleasant the servers were.Special Features:
- dinner on fourthhadareattiemDined on 7/4/2014the food was excellent but there was not enough of it. the veggies were very scarce.Special Features:
- Rendezvous with Class!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Meet my date at the bar then moved to the dining area. The staff was especially polite and gracious. Treated us like old friends and made us feel welcome. The food and drinks are top shelf. quite enough to talk but nice ambiance so no one was listening into our conversation. Stayed all night.Special Features:
- MerleDined on 7/3/2014Always a great experience. Friendly service, very nice surroundings, good food, lots of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CdrGVIPDined on 7/2/2014A fine offering of the standard Clyde's Group fare in a rustic, faux Adirondack setting.Special Features:
- Excellent experience.NewPlanetMikeDined on 6/30/2014As usual, TOL did not disappoint. The host and waitstaff were super courteous and attentive - and the food was first rate. We'll be coming back again and again to be sure.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 6/29/2014An excellent and pleasant dining experience. Since salmon is a favorite of mine I wanted to be certain that I enjoyed it one more time while it was on special this June. The asparagus and quinoa accompaniment was also delicious. My husband enjoys the liver and is appreciative that they will prepare it although it is not on the current menu. We always enjoy the beautiful setting of this place. All goes together for a most pleasant experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Oysters in townScotty66VIPDined on 6/29/2014We sat in the bar to see a soccer game. It was not crowded. We had half price oysters and shrimp cocktails and a few drinks and later dinner. Everything was good and our team won.Special Features:
- Great variety on the brunch menuPhDivaDined on 6/29/2014The brunch menu has something for everyone. Where else can you get a steak salad and a stuffed donut in the same meal?! The steak salad was a good size for a full meal; split three-ways, it would make a nice a salad course. The steak was tender. Split the donut with a friend as a little-something-sweet after the main course.Special Features:
- BetsyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was great and service was excellent. Would go back again. I miss the cheese and bread they use to serve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clyde's Tower OaksGetagripDined on 6/28/2014Clyde's Tower Oaks is consistently good food. Prices are moderate. We often have the monthly specials. We enjoy meeting friends there because it is handy. It is a beautiful restaurant and surrounds, but parking can be a problem.Special Features:
- It very easy to make a reservationzipporahDined on 6/28/2014I like using OpenTable because it is very easy to do and you know exactly what times are available when making the reservations. It is much quicker and smoother than calling and talking to an individual on the phone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PAVisitDined on 6/27/2014Was a very nice, different place to eat. Was worried about having to dress up but shorts, etc are all acceptable. Everyone was dressed how they wanted to be comfortable. To look at the place you wouldn't think that, especially with the valet parking. Can't say anything bad about the food or the service; didn't wait very long at all for your food. Desserts were especially delicious and the "cupcake of the day" is a nice touch.Special Features:
- Good food and servicePbr7upDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed our lunch at Tower Oaks and were surprised at how many empty tables there were. Has this place lost some of its customer base?Special Features:
- Predictably GreatMomanDined on 6/26/2014Predictably: Service is flawless, Menu is always evolving and seasonably reflective, Food is delivered on-time, and as promised. Always a safe dependable choice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceNYCvisitorDined on 6/26/2014For me Tower Oaks Lodge is a neighborhood restaurant. I have been there for brunch, lunch and dinner and have always found something delicious to eat. Their salads are so fresh and crisp that they need little dressing to make them a taste treat. This time I took advantage of the salmon special entree, which was quite good. I find the portions to be appropriately sized - quite ample yet just enough. Not only would I recommend this restaurant to a friend, but I have several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJSSDined on 6/25/2014I was very disappointed in the service. I had put on the reservation that this was a special anniversary dinner and that was not mention by the server. She coped an attitude because we had already got drinks from the bar before we were seated. Two of the dinner dishes (fish dishes)were good. The steak was full of fat and could barely be eaten. It was not cooked as ordered. The Steak salad had an interesting mix of greens but was ok. We were never offered dessert and brought our check right at the end of the meal with out asking. It was like the server was in a hurry to get us out of the restaurant. I haven't been in awhile and not sure I will go back. The restaurant was very busy so I guess they no longer care about service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.