Tower Oaks Lodge
2 Preserve Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tower Oaks Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 3012940200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Eng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail parties in the Saranac Bar
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 3012940200x
- Special Events: Monday: Half-Price Wine
Easter Sunday Brunch & Dinner
Mother's Day Brunch & Dinner
Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Tower Oaks Lodge
With the look and feel of one of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, Tower Oaks Lodge serves an American-style saloon menu. Adjacent to a 21-acre nature preserve, Tower Oaks Lodge is located just off I-270. The raw bar features oysters from both coasts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tower Oaks Lodge - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Tower Oaks Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
527 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (240)special occasion (234)good for groups (227)great for lunch (212)great for brunch (150)fit for foodies (127)vibrant bar scene (118)kid-friendly (92)scenic view (92)romantic (87)notable wine list (53)hot spot (51)late-night find (42)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great lobsterNiniDined on 10/2/2014The great deal and even better lobster is a perfect reason to come to Clydes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinner spotPjdinerDined on 10/2/2014nice venue for a dinner after work with family and friendsSpecial Features:
- An awesome dinner experienceclarksbrgdinerDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I went for dinner before a show at Strathmore Music Center that is nearby. It was wonderful. The staff quite friendly and congenial. The aroma of passing meals was mouthwatering. Our order of soup and entrees came quickly, presented well, and absolutely perfect. The ambience is total L.L. Bean, but done very nicely. Will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, predictable place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Clyde's Tower Oaks Lodge is a mainstay for the older population in the Potomac/Rockville area. My mom and I went for our weekly lunch. Most of the surrounding tables had older couples who ordered a cocktail (Manhattan, Bloody Marys, etc.) and then go home to take a nap. The menu has been updated recently, and that's good. The addition of small bites, i.e., edamame, fried pickles, were fun. And cheap! I went with my standard go-to Trout-Parm. It wasn't good. My mom got calf's liver (who orders that?!) and it was tough and she had to eat around a lot of fat. All in all, service was fine, and we'll be back because at least the service is consistent.Special Features:
- PotatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014They don't have baked potatoes. How can one eat a steak without baked potatoes?I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food and atmosphere are great! Good oysters which are half price during happy hour. Also have very good brunch options. Love to go here with family and friends for any ocation.Special Features:
- Great restaurantKenSVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been here 25+ times and have always enjoyed it every time.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfathersdayDined on 9/27/2014Once again, Tower Oaks was reliably good. The regular menu is varied enough to please everyone and we have not had a disappointing dish. This time the lobster specials and the trout Parmesan from the regular menu were excellent.Special Features:
- We did not dine there that nightDaveysMomVIPDined on 9/27/2014We cancelled the reservation by phone because my husband was late & they told me if we came in 15 minutes later we would have to wait behind all the people who had reservations we made another reservation at The Grilled Oyster nearbyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTerptimeDined on 9/27/2014Recently attended for anniversary dinner. As usual the restaurant was packed. As busy as they were the service was outstanding. No long waits for anything. We've eaten there a number of times and as usual the food was outstanding. The menu has enough variance to satisfy just about anybody. Recommend for any type of occassion except possibly for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....DrsJVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were good. I had the Lobster Pie. The portions at this Clyde's for the same entree was noticeably smaller than the Clyde's at Mark Center. At Mark Center I was told it had all the meat of the 1 1/4 lb. lobster...and it did. The portion at Tower Oaks was about 1/2 the size of that at Mark Center. It was mostly mashed potatoes (which were delicious) but not what I was expecting. That is why I did not give the overall rating more stars. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not rush us at all. Everything came as ordered.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Overall another delightful experience at a restaurant which we always enjoy. Just one thing this time - attention needs to be given to the front desk. The personnel did not even greet us, nor did they seem aware that we had a reservation, and they were basically rude--not what you would expect as the front door to a very nice restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than anticipateddisappointedDined on 9/26/2014I had made a reservation for my husband's birthday based upon glowing recommendations made by an acquaintance of mine and was sorely disappointed. I had the parmesan trout which was more of a "fish & chips" quality. My husband loves filet and great fish dishes and didn't really see anything on the menu that appealed to him. I was rather disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice nightLab2momDined on 9/25/2014Out with my husband, daughter and son-in law, good food, reasonable prices, good selection and rustic atmosphere, you feel like you've gotten out of the city. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOWER OAKSDaveNBettyVIPDined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy the Tower Oaks. The food is always good, the service friendly and the location easy to get to. This a place to keep in mind if you're looking for a place to eat after a concert or play as it's one of the few GOOD resturants that are open late at night. Maryland is not exactly a late night hot spot as most places close up by 10PM even on weekends. Thanks Tower Oaks for being there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Difficult for One-on One ConversingBusinessPartnerDined on 9/25/2014There is the occasion when an ability to hold a discussion over dinner is needed. Don't seat parties of two next to boistrous 6+ table seatings! While fortunate to receive a table relocation, include in the options for reservations and rating recommendation opportunities this type of seating. Not everyone wants to shout at their dining partner(s) to be heard. The noise level rating of energetic doesn't address the din of "too loud".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!WWAdvocateDined on 9/25/2014Ambience is outstanding! Decoration, with historical collectibles in display added to the sophistication and attraction of Clyde's at Tower Oaks. Good food selection from the menu. Food taste and presentation is excellent. Staff server could be more attentive, 'tho, she was appropriate, friendly and good. Staff who brought in the food was outstanding. Clyde's Tower Oaks has been one of our favorite restaurant. We always meet here for lunch almost every 2-3 months. Besides, Clyde's has been extraordinarily kind and supportive of our Wounded Warriors. I am a retired U.S. Army medical officer. Thank you very much, from all of us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster specialFlowermomDined on 9/24/2014Excellent lobster special yearly. We have it on our calendar as a reminder. We go several times during those months. Excellent oyster happy hour; half off. Been there as a couple as well as large group ,with kids ,and just adults. Do wish they would return the complimentary cheese and bread they used to have in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeBGGalVIPDined on 9/22/2014The lobster special was great and so was the baked haddock.
- Excellent valueUzBuzDined on 9/21/2014High quality food at a reasonable price, well presented and served. The only criticism is the noise level in some if the areas.Special Features:
- Oysters and lobstersMCatsVIPDined on 9/21/2014Clyde's restaurants, especially Tower Oaks, has the best oysters in the entire DC-Baltimore area, in my opinion. And their yearly lobster specials are wonderful.Special Features:
- Great restaurantHoulihanCrewDined on 9/21/2014We go there frequently for evening meals, luncheons, and special occasions. Everyone we've introduced to Tower Oaks loves it and asks to go there whenever we invite them to dinner. Cost is reasonable and service is always superior. The casual atmosphere is wonderful. It means a sensational meal, without the fuss of having to dress for it. The children and adults love the pond and exterior scenery. Reminds me of a lodge in Rockies. We try to sample all the monthly specials and wait for some to come back each year.Special Features:
- delectable brunch breadOHBoyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Only had omlettte but the coffee bread w cinnamon crust is out of the world, not super sweet, but with plenty of flavor.Special Features:
- Very great lunchDoLiDined on 9/20/2014We've found this restaurant via tripadvisor, being just a few days in the city. When we arrived we were very suprised (positive) of the location and it's furniture. It was very nice! The food was fanastic and prices were more than ok! We can absolutly recommend this restaurant
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant remains one of our favorites when in the area. I ordered a watermelon/cucumber salad, having no idea what to expect, but it was refreshing and delicious. The salmon which I ordered for an entree was also delicious, nicely prepared and presented. The theme of the entire building and the lovely wooded setting are unrivaled in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went for a business lunch. It was quiet so we had no problem with the noise level. The services was great as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningSteakLoverVIPDined on 9/17/2014A great evening out. The food is consistently good and the service is too. The valet parking is also a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halfway to St. Patrick's DayRhosueDined on 9/17/2014We went there for dinner on the day that was halfway to St. Patrick's Day. A bagpipe player and a drummer were making their rounds to celebrate this special day! They agreed to play "Happy Birthday" to 2 of my friends who had recently celebrated birthdays. So while the restaurant was noisy with their music, I think it added to the charm of this place. I had a lobster pot pie - it was great to have lobster without paying a lot and doing all the work. The pot pie was tasty, although it could have used more vegetables. My friends all enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level ruined the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014While the food was good, the noise level was so high that my friend and I had to raise our voices to hear one another across the table. We almost left the restaurant. It was obnoxiously loud.
- It's okay..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014We have eaten here a number of times for a number of reasons..the place is huge and very interestingly decorated. There is always something to look at. The menu continues to change..which is good..and the food is tasty..not great..not bad..but somewhere comfortably in between. The one issue I have with this place is the noise level. There are 3 separate dining rooms plus a bar. We always seem to get seated next to the noisy groups..birthday celebrations, retirements, screaming kids..you name it. I don't undersand why they don't try to set aside one of the dining rooms for quiet diners. We'll go back, but we won't go out of our way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Celebratetqstormrider6Dined on 9/13/2014I took my parents here for a nice weekend dinner while they were in town, and we had a great time. The food was great and affordable, the decor is very rustic and classy, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Consistent QualityGeorgeDined on 9/13/2014Always consistent service, food, atmosphere at Tower Oaks. We had excellent service. The food was good although not great. Raw bar items are overpriced for what you get!! The 3 teeny, tiny clams, 1 shrimp , and 3 oysters were ridiculous to serve for $16. Beautiful tomato salad and as always, excellent crab soup. Was overcharged for the wine but by the time we realized it, had already paid and left the restaurant; ordered a half bottle and was charged for a full bottle!. Great dessert and coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Dined with 5 other companions and all had great meals. The Haddock and Boom Boom shrimp are well recommended choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedcinamongirlDined on 9/13/2014We went on a recommendation and it was SO pretty inside. I can imagine it being even nicer with the fireplaces going and the view out the window of fall leaves. I had looked at the lunch menu online, but we were given brunch menus (3:00 on a Saturday). I had really wanted a pasta I had seen online, but there was a wide variety and everything we had was good. The service was top notch. Everyone who interacted with us was super friendly and not in a fake rehearsed kind of way. We will definitely go back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Great mealJandKEDined on 9/12/2014We love the décor at The Lodge. You feel like you are dining at an upscale restaurant but with reasonable prices. We went specifically for the September lobster special. One member of our group was in a wheelchair and they located us at a spacious 4 top that allowed my dad to maneuver to and from the table without any difficulty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 9/12/2014The quality of food and service is above the average and new look menu works very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsinternetwizVIPDined on 9/12/2014Went there for a last minute lunch and enjoyed the lobster special. It was cooked perfectly. Yum!Special Features:
- AlwaysEnjoyGoodFoodDined on 9/11/2014Great raw bar! Combined with lobster dinner, this is fabulous dinning. We love to invite friends and family during this time of year because the ambiance is great and the food is varied so everyone has a choice that fits their taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; don't plan to converseSonicallyaccostedDined on 9/10/2014Clyde's Tower Oak Lodge is tucked back in a grove of trees slightly away from the big chain options along Rockville Pike. The food is consistently very good to excellent, with high value for money. My lobster pie was an excellent twist on a pub food staple. One drawback is that if you want to have a conversation, you may want to look for one of the smaller restaurants in the area with a more ambient atmosphere. The management of Tower Oak doesn't seem to understand that wooden panel walls and high ceilings - the things that attract people in the first place - mean acoustics that do not work if you have the sound system blasting as though you were in a downtown DC bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good4youDined on 9/9/2014Service was very good; we had reservations and were shown to our table right away. Food was good, some plates better than others. Caesar salad was outstanding, lobster, for the price, good, panko-parmesan crusted, baked fish was excellent. Atmosphere is always vibrant, partly because of the size of the restaurant, and number of diners. Easy access and valet parking make it a relaxing place to go on any night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.