Djon's Steak & Lobster House
522 Ocean Avenue
Melbourne, FL 32951Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Djon's Steak & Lobster House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.djons.com/
- Phone: 3217222737
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Thursday 5pm-10pm Friday & Saturday 5pm-11pm Sunday 5pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Marcel Szelag
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Parties Pharmaceutical Dinners Rehearsal Dinners Wedding Reception Corporate Functions In-house AV Equipment
- Private Party Contact: Jason Stokes 3217222737
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment Monday thru Saturday. Jazz Trio Friday & Saturday nights 8PM.
- Special Events: Djon's Steak & Lobster House is the perfect place to hold your special event. Whether throwing a birthday party for 10, a business lunch for 30, or a private wedding for 200; our courteous and attentive staff will make your event memorable.
A word from Djon's Steak & Lobster House
A fine dining experience in Melbourne Beach. Djon's offers classic fine dining plus a wonderful, fun piano bar with live music every night. Djon's Steak and Lobster House offers a sumptuous menu with Certified Angus Beef steaks, lamb chops, veal chops and seafood. Classic favorites such as the steamed lobster and filet mignon keep customers coming back while new flavors such as the lobster mac 'n cheese and the jumbo stuffed shrimp soppressa keep the menu flavorful and eclectic. Join us for dinner or stop by and have a drink at the Red Shoe Bar and Lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Djon's Steak & Lobster House - Best Restaurants in Melbourne ›
Djon's Steak & Lobster House reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (20)romantic (20)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (11)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great happy hourartandvalDined on 2/12/2014dropped in for a romantic evening lounge with a piano bar fit the ticket happy hour appetizers were delicious try the garlic shrimp and scallops stormy weather made the sofa seating cozySpecial Features:
- ExcellentDSNSDined on 1/11/2014Had an excellent dinner at this gem. Trevor, our waiter, was outstanding again. The food was prepared perfectly and was very nicely presented. Our 4th time here and each experience has been greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013The best dinning experience I've had in a while. The service was quick and we were treated like royalty. A very elegant area in the bar with a lovely bar scene in the front. The food was even better than the service. Steaks were cooked to perfection as well as everything else we ordered. It's a bit pricey but completely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/23/2013Great location, food, atmosphere, and prefer for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy hour good vibecarolspiro123Dined on 12/13/2013Went for romantic dinner, perfect for that, decor outstanding, service outstanding, but..... appetizers such as lobster crab cake, good, but look out for shells, beet salad with sunflower seeds, arugala, orange and red beets really good, esgargot in pesto cream sauce, too much sauce, not enough snails and again found shell. Entrees: salty, overpriced for amount given, stick with appetizers Would recommend happy hour in bar with cool, comfy over stuffed sofas and chairs and great small plates of appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor, poor service at a tablesottovoceDined on 12/13/2013Poor, poor service at a table in the bar area. So bad even the manager took note and tore up our check. Too bad with all the staff on hand that we couldn't get any service.
- A great experienceLetItBeWrittenVIPDined on 11/25/2013My wife and I usually get here at least once when visiting Melbourne, FL. Our server this time was Trevor - what a fantastic job he did, this guy is a pro. When you walk in, the bar is filled with people and the piano player is conducting sing-a-long for the group out there. However, you can quickly bypass that as desired to the quiet dining area. We were seated in a back corner table that was perfect. The filet mignon meatloaf came highly recommended by Trevor and my wife had that, I had the surf 'n' turf. All well prepared, the wine list is great, highly recommended.Special Features:
- once again I love Dijon's !drbobVIPDined on 11/13/2013Because of life it has been a while since i last dined at Dijon's. We had the chance last Wednesday (my birthday). We decided to dine inside at the bar. And what a surprise. Carly was the bartender. Not only very beautiful but a great server too. I ordered the oysters and wedge salad with the Veal chop. My wife went with the wild caught flounder special and by friend oredered the duck. All came out with perfect timing, presentation and taste. The veal chop was perfectly medium rare with a tangy but not too strong gorganzola sauce. The rest of the food was perfect also. The only complaint is that we were too happy and full to get any birthday desert. Cant wait til my next visit. (hopefully this thursday!!)Special Features:
- THE PLACE TO GOALBERTDined on 11/9/2013We enjoyed are dinner. 6 o'clock Dinner was quiet then at 7 it was a little more noise. The food was excellent. The waiter was attentive. While we had Dinner inside, we saw that the people outside had a nice thing going as they sat around the fire pit. Expect sticker shock with the bill. You get what you pay for; a great dinner experience.Special Features:
- I like steak and my wife likesBillVIPDined on 11/7/2013I like steak and my wife likes lobster. We were both very pleased with our food and our service! Everything here is top quality.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationCwilseyDined on 11/2/2013My husband and I took my mother inlaw to dinner for her birthday. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was ideal. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceGoodsmillDined on 10/26/2013Great service, fantastic food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Holy TrinityMountaineer4Dined on 10/11/2013Second time there in 6 months. Food, Service, Ambiance. Great Piano bar ( best Makers Mark Manhattan I have had); feels like NYC. Outdoor vignettes with fire pits, Deceiving, nice size restaurant with little nooks and naves for romantic dinners. We had large table in back room, very intimate. Great service, food is superb. My husband had the filet with crab and I had roasted lobster tail. It was huge and served perfectly. Location right near the Indian River is amazing. I go to Melbourne FL every 2 months or so and will here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected gemCharlesVIPDined on 10/5/2013From the outside - not so much to look at. But the exterior is deceiving. The food at Djon's was amazing. This was perhaps the best lamb chop that I have ever had. Absolutely would recommend to friends and will definitely dine here again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSeafoodLoverDined on 9/28/2013For a special night out there is no better dining experience in the area. Excellent service, great food. I make this a must do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!PaulaDined on 8/29/2013My husband and I thought that this restaurant was by far one of the best we have been too. The food was wonderful and really different. The Chef melded many different flavors that just made everything very spectial. For instance - I had eggplant crepes stuffed with scallops and shrimp in a spinach pesto sauce! To die for!!!!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful time. SatDanielVIPDined on 8/26/2013Had a wonderful time. Sat at the Piano Bar and sang along with Bryan. He was outstanding.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnersMichaelD53VIPDined on 8/24/2013This is one of my favorite restaurants and I was a little less impressed on this trip as we celebrated my Girlfriend and her Mothers birthday. We usually have Garret as our server but we were handed off to another who was far less efficient than Garret. Our meals were wrong and my Vegan girlfriends meal was FAR less than the usual standard. Terrible as a matter of fact. Great night at the Piano Bar but really unimpressed in the Restaurant otherwise. I would suggest you ask for Garret as your server and get set for a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous find!roser30Dined on 8/9/2013Everything about the experience was great. I very leisurely meal with great food. The wait staff was attentive. The wine list is outrageous but there are a few choices that are outstanding in a reasonable price range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!! Awesome way to end a vacationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2013We dined at Djon's as final dinner of our vacation. All the reviews were correct, this place was great. We dined early and were one of the first tables seated. Very quiet and romantic atmosphere. An elegant dinner with outstanding food. Our waitress was great, very attentive and a joy to have serve us. The Seabass was delicious and if you go the bananas foster for desert made table side is a must you will not be didappointed. Definitely would recommend to anyone wanting a nice restaurant with great food in an even better setting. Well done, keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice evening. It wasCarmenfDined on 6/6/2013What a nice evening. It was very special and especially because it was my birthday. Our server, Yanni, made sure our experience was a pleasure. My salmon and my husband's steak were delicious and prepared to perfection. We definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinning experience!Gr8mealluvrDined on 5/30/2013Nice presentation. Food was prepared to perfection. Wonderful flavors. Great wine suggested to match the meal. Attentive professional wait staff. Excellent dinning experience. Best meals we have had in many years. Will recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place we've never heard of!TerryCDined on 5/25/2013What a fantastic find. Searched around for great places in Melbourne Beach, and you can't beat Djon's. Literally two "houses" down from the most amazing view at the pier - make sure you're there just before sunset. Location is incredible, as you have the inlet pier that close, yet you could walk down the street and be on Melbourne Beach and see the ocean. The food and service were equally amazing. Sometimes those risks of trying new, unknown places pay off bigtime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2013We celebrated my wife's birthday at Djon's in Melbourne Beach in May 2013. And, as we have come to know, the entire experience was delightful and made for another wonderful special occasion at Djon's! We just love it. The food is fantastic, the ambiance is always top notch and Dan, our server, did an absolutely terrific job!!! Thank you again Djon's for a wonderful experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dined on May 12, 2013eat4lifeDined on 5/12/2013My sister and I celebrated Mother's Day at Dijon's in Melbourne Beach, FL. The food was excellent and my server Dan was fantastic. He made us feel special on our day. What an elegant dining experience. Can't wait to go back with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining in Melbourne, FloridaSeekingqualityDined on 4/26/2013Have been here five years in a row.For sure the best restaurant in Melbourne.Wedge salad and oysters Rockefeller are well prepared.Steaks and veal chop your best options here.Great wine listPlan to spend some money, it's expensive .Special Features:
- STILL my favorite place in MelbourndrbobVIPDined on 4/23/2013STILL my favorite place in Melbourne... Food, music, atmosphere, and great service. All consitently provided time after time...Special Features:
- A well hidden touch of classRVerVIPDined on 4/18/2013This wonderful restaurant, well hidden, is the epitome of the fast disappearing art of sitting back and truely enjoying an absolutely sumptuous meal. Starched white table clothes, Special napkin folds,spotless china and silver, unusual shaped china and tables far enough apart that you don't have to listen to someone elses conversation. The main dining room is separated from the bar so noise is held to a minimum. Bar tenders that are really mixologists and totally attentive to your desires. But what really sets this restaurant apart from the run of the mill is a superb preparation and presentation of your meal. I can't wait to go back. Wine list too expensive for the average customer but excellent none the less.Special Features:
- A winner!LLV2VIPDined on 3/3/2013Outstanding filets and mushrooms. Amazing wine list. Wonderful ambiance. Fairly quiet dining room. Made it a great evening.
- After the usual spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013After the usual spectacular dining experience, we wandered into the piano bar and enjoyed the ambiance there. I just happen to have my harmonica with me - always have one in my pocket - and Julia let me sit in on a couple of her bluesy numbers. That was the highlight of the evening for me. Great restaurant. I tell people about it whenever I'm asked about a good place to eat. Keep up the good work. Randy MooreSpecial Features:
- Valentine Rip-OffIndigo05VIPDined on 2/14/2013We dined her on Valentine's Day 2013. We arrived at 7PM for our reservation and were asked to wait. After more than 30 minute wait, we were finally taken to our table where the waiting continued. The menu for the evening was special for Valentine's and the prices were BIG. We waited a long time for our drink orders and even longer to place food orders. Our dinners were not served until around 9:30 PM which was disappointing and not the night we had anticipated. The food was delicious, but the poor service, high price and excessive waiting left us feeling ripped off.Special Features:
- Valentine’s Day MassacreOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/14/2013My last two visits to Djons warranted exceptional ratings. That impression was erased in one visit that was flawed from start to finish. Service was not just inattentive, it was nonexistent. The only redeeming aspect of the experience was that the food was up to snuff. No three-course, fixed-menu meal that cost $100 a plate should be eaten in a bar near the drafty front door, and take three hours to be served, especially when you made a reservation weeks in advance. That management made no gesture to atone for our miserable evening save hourly apologies, added insult to injury. It was hands-down the worst dining experience I have had in over a decade. I would not risk another night like this one by coming here again.
- Great Place to take someone specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013This restaurant by far really goes the extra mile to make you feel like special customers. The service was outstanding. Our server, Jeff, made us feel as though he knew us personally even though this was our first time dining in this facility. The food was impeccable. The room ambiance was very romantic and beautiful. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Very Disappointing Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Very disappointed with our experience. Pretentious without backing it up. It was Valentine's Day, it was busy & they had a limited menu (understandable). BUT, if you're going to charge outrageous prices, the food and service should be excellent. They were running behind on seating since it was raining and couldn't seat outside, ok. The attendant was very flustered & it put a damper on the evening. The food was just ok, at $100 per person, that just isn't acceptable. I've had better steaks for much less at several other Melbourne restaurants. The service was extremely slow, 2 hours to have a salad, steak & pre made dessert. Don't get me wrong, we're ok with paying $$$ for food. But GOOD food & service. Will give it one more try on a reg day.Special Features:
- What a find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Found it on the internet while looking for a special place for an anniversary dinner. Great Find. Everything was first class. Food was spectacular! Try the Lobster Thermidor or the Fillet Mignon with Bearnaise Sauce. Both were excellent. The piano bar was very cozy with live jazz and outside lounging area complete with waterfalls and fire was super on this cool night. Was a little expensive but you know what they say...you get what you pay for...and you do!Special Features:
- Best Dining Experience in BrevardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013My wife and I celebrated our 8th year wedding anniversary at Djon's. The ambiance was very nice. What made the evening particularly outstanding was our waiter Jeffrey. My wife and I have eaten at many different types of restaurants and we both had to agree, this waiter was no ordinary waiter; He was Incredibly detail focused, had a culinary finesse to the presentation of the dishes, treated us like royalty, and was impeccably professional throughout the meal. From start to finish, it was perfect. Our server even went ahead of us to hold the door open for us to leave. The entire event was so meaningful to my wife that for the next week, she was elated with joy. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2013A wonderful experience. We have lived in Melbourne Beach for over 15 years and during that period Djon's has had it's ups and downs. It's definitely up now. It had been about two years since our last visit. From the moment we walked in the door Friday night the fun began. A lively crowd with live piano and saxophone music greeted us. We were seated within five minutes, the room was lovely and the chairs quite comfortable. Fantastic steak house menu with a lot of seafood. My filet was perfectly cooked and came with tender french green beans and mashed potatoes. My wife had a beautiful moist delicious sea bass, perfectly seared to a golden brown crust with a citrus cream sauce. The service was prompt and personable. Check it out!Special Features:
- Our memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/29/2013We've lived here three years, yet this was our first visit. The interior is elegant and the lighting is perfect. Our server was delightful and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed every dish we ordered, and my "lemon drops" were the best I've had. We're looking forward to sitting on the patio around the fire pit to enjoy the happy hour fare, which we've heard is wonderful. We had a lovely evening and will return soon.Special Features:
- Even Better The Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/25/2013This was our second visit. We were seated in the back away from the bar which was much quieter than our previous visit. Food was exceptional, and the service was professional and attentive as anyplace I have dined, and that includes a heckova lot of cities both here and abroad. Looks like we will be regulars. Check out Djon's other area restaurants -- they are different, but the food is always yummy and the staff know what they are about.Special Features:
- We sat at the bar, our appetizersPbahamaVIPDined on 1/25/2013We sat at the bar, our appetizers were wonderful, oysters and escargot; however, when the main course arrived, it was far from wonderful. My fish, the grouper wrapped in prosciutto was completely dry and the lemon sauce had broken. The biggest disappointment was the "Prime" steak, it was absolutely the worse piece of meat I have ever tried to eat. Sorry, but in our book, that's an inexcusable offense, we wouldn't come back.Special Features: