The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
250 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6179281400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugues Boucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on Route 9, east of the Atrium Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
204 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (164)notable wine list (100)fit for foodies (85)romantic (77)good for groups (52)neighborhood gem (40)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Special OccasionlpagsDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating graduation and birthdays and they did a fabulous job making it special. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZinnDined on 6/9/2014Very good experience as always at Capital Grill,excellent ambiance and food as well as the service.Our waiter Santiago was very pleasant and explained the menu very well,had good suggestions for the wine and was very patient. We highly recommend the Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!PAS2539VIPDined on 6/8/2014We often use the Capital Grille to celebrate important dates in our lives. This time, we celebrated our 45th Anniversary. We arrived, and the table was strewn with rose petals and glittering red hearts. The service was impeccable and the food unrivaled. Our steaks were prepared precisely as we requested, and arrived hot and well-seasoned. The champagne and specialty dessert were unexpected but welcome. Thanks, again, to the staff of the Capital Grille. We WILL be back.Special Features:
- Can't be beat!lovetoeatDined on 6/8/2014Our return to Capital Grille was, as always, wonderful! The service is top notch, the wine list extensive, and the food is perfect every time! It was a special occasion, and they made it more special. We all give it our highest recommendation! We will most definitely return again and again!Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is a favorite for our family for big celebrations, like graduation! And the graduates received a special dessert!
- The Best SteakhouseSonnyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have dined at Capital Grille many times in many of their locations around the country. It has always been a great dining experience. The food is great. the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is terrific.Special Features:
- Great birthday and foodJasonVIPDined on 5/31/2014Steaks were incredible. Also had the oysters and steak tartar. Waitor was on his game as well. Just wish the ambience was a little nicer inside the dining room. It was a little too bright and tightly packedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a hit, steak was a missPennygirlDined on 5/31/2014First let me start out by saying the service at this location was outstanding. From the host staff at the front when you arrived, to the bartender, to our server and every one else that tended to us we couldn't have been more pleased. You can have a wonderful meal but if the service is lacking or the attitude is bad it can ruin the perfect meal. So for that, we give Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill A+++++. The meal was a bit of a disappointment for me. My filet was improperly cooked so rather than send it back to be cooked properly which would have taken too much time I ordered a shrimp cocktail to make it quick and easy. Sorry I missed out on the filet. Manager made it right. Took the filet AND the shrimp cocktail off of the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been here a few timesDoe1Dined on 5/29/2014Great service, nice and quiet. Good wine list. A bit disappointed with the food this trip for $$$ (500 plus price tag for 4 adults). Ceaser salad dressing was just tart but the white anchovies great. I have lobster tails as the full lobsters were sold out. A bit over cooked and all the rest of our group had the trade mark beef, all a bit under cooked. Service was excellent, so was the valet service. The shared sides of roasted wild mushroom, potatoes au gratin and sauteed spinach...just dandy. Wine list is a killer and so was my lemon drop martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very average mealLarryVIPDined on 5/25/2014Our waiter was excellent. He told me I could order the burger for dinner from the bar menu. It tasted great but overall the other members of our party thought the food was only average. They all ordered fish and thought it all tasted a little bland. Maybe an off night because of the holiday?Special Features:
- 40th AnniversaryDukeDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and we're impressed with the whole experience. We were given menus with our names on the top as keepsakes, a classy touch. The food as usual was superb. Our server "Spike" was excellent, completely answering all questions and making great food and wine selections. Just a great night!Special Features:
- LOVE the Capital Grille.FoodieDined on 5/24/2014The first time we ate here, it was for lunch. My husband had an appointment at New England Baptist Hospital which is not too far. We have had lunch numerous times and it has always been great. Saturday was our first dinner. Everything was delicious. We both had steak, salad, and shrimp for an appetizer. We drove an hour from our house so that should indicate how much we like it.Special Features:
- Top NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/22/2014Celebrating our anniversary at this top notch restaurant. Our waiter was fantastic. He was knowledgeable and I liked that he wasn't snobby. I started with the lobster and crab cakes - outstanding. My husband had the spinach salad which he raved about. Our steaks were perfect. He had delmonico and I had filet mignon. My only complaint (and I should have spoken up) was the roasted Oscar potatoes. It consisted of tiny potatoes, pieces of asparagus and crabmeat. It came with an ice cold sauce, I assume it was supposed to be cold. It really lacked any flavor. Loved that our waiter brought us a yummy desert to share since it was our anniversary. Over all I would give it two forks up.Special Features:
- CAN'T BE BEAT !!DOVIDALVIPDined on 5/21/2014EVERY ONCE IN AWHILE YOU HAVE A DINING EXPERIENCE THAT STAYS WITH YOU A LONG TIME. WE CELEBRATED OUR 57TH ANNIVERSARY AT CAPITAL GRILL CHESTNUT HILL THIS PAST WEEK. IT WAS LUNCHTIME AND REASONABLY CROWDED. FROM THE MOMENT WE ENTERED TO THE FINAL "THANK YOU" WE WERE TREATED ROYALLY. THE HOSTESS GAVE US MENUS WITH OUR NAME AND CELEBRATION PRINTED AT THE TOP. THE WINE AND MARTINI WERE PERFECT. THE FOOD AS GOOD AS IT GETS. THEN CAME THE SUPRISE DESSERT SOMETHING NO LONGER PRESENTED BY MOST EATERIES. DENISE THE WAITRESS WAS LOVING AND CARING. THE MENU WAS QUITE AFFORDABLE BUT OF COURSE YOU COULD SELECT MORE EXPENSIVE MEETS IF DESIRED. A TIP OF THE HAT TO THE MANAGEMENT FOR CREATING A HAPPY WORK ATMOSPHERE....IT WAS TOP NOTCH !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1456 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews archive.
- Stellar Graduation LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/19/2014We booked our son's graduation lunch via open table and expected a crowd. What we got, was a private room, special menu for the graduate with school logo, College congratulations and welcome signs as he entered, confetti on the table. The 9 of us enjoyed a variety of dishes. My son said it was the best steak he has ever had. One guest has food allergies and was given a special prepared menu based on her limitations. It was done discretely. Stellar service and attention to detail. If you think that the Capital Grill is out of your price range...think again. Lunch main entree include soup/salad are $18 and the portions are HUGE. The lobster roll was the best I have had--Giant with all lobster and butter and no filler. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RozzieDined on 5/16/2014The service was outstanding, food delicious, and lovely attention to detail for a birthday celebrationSpecial Features:
- As ExpectedJaneVIPDined on 5/13/2014We have never been disappointed with the Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill. The service is excellent as well as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pickypickyVIPDined on 5/13/2014This is the second time in a year that friends insisted we eat here. It is the second time I ordered a steak ($47) rare and it came medium-medium rare, & dry. The waitress admitted it was not rare. It was a little pink so not totally brown. She offered to return it but it was getting late so I said no. It was the daily special. I would not have minded if it were not so dry. It was a thick steak and I would have assumed they should know how to cook steak. Also the side of spinach (411) was very ordinary. I don't think I have ever tasted such a bland spinach.Special Features:
- Good ExperiencejackmDined on 5/13/2014We had a very nice lunch with good service, friendly staff and good value. We each ordered the clam roll from the plate lunch menu and were not disappointed. My wife selected the salad as the side and I had the clam chowder. Both were great and so was the service. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- Quiet nightTomFDined on 5/12/2014Monday night was nearly empty but maybe because the Bruins were in town. Service was great as expected. Our server was very helpful answering wine questions. We ended up with a very nice and pretty reasonably priced bottle of wine. The mushrooms were a bit salty and my wife's steak needed to be re-cooked but the waiter noticed it right away and corrected it promptly as well as bringing dessert at no charge.Special Features:
- Good, but not for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Food was good, but not great, especially considering the price paid. The tenderloins were burned on the outside and red on the inside, after we specifically asked for a light pink center. The lobster tails that accompanied the tenderloins were very good.
- Very pleasant experienceLizadooDined on 5/11/2014A great way to spend Mother's Day with family. Food and service both great.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereMiltondinerDined on 5/10/2014The thing I like about this location for CG is it's low key in the right places. Bar scene is standard but still comfortable, and hostess team easily met our request for the right table. Waitstaff was solid, lobster crab cake excellent, au poivre was middle of the road as well as the tenderloin with my lobster tails(which were excellent). Wine was very nice and champagne didn't disappoint. Cafe au lait was not great as foamed milk was barely warm. Very nice night overall and would certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaknancyVIPDined on 5/9/2014My husband and I visited the Capital Grille on Friday evening. I will have to say that from the Wine Selection to the Dessert we had a fabulous experience. We were early for our reservations and decided to sit at the bar. We were so comfortable we chose to eat dinner at the bar. The bartender was terrific, the Steak was FANTASTIC, and the sides were good as well (although we over ordered). The Wine list was one of the better selections and reasonably priced for a steak restaurant. The bartender recommended the dessert and It was also fantastic, Overall a great choice and would recommend for foodies.Special Features:
- Just OutstandingMattDined on 5/9/2014other than it being very loud, everything was excellent. Steaks cooked perfectly. Service is excellent. Great place to go for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital grillesushiVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was very good however the wine list did not reflect correctly what was in their bins. Twice we were brought wines that were not the ones we want wanted or was on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful elegant lunchCassVIPDined on 5/9/2014Given that dinner at Capital Grille can require capital planning, lunch is extremely cost effective. Smaller portions and reasonable prices. Not fast, but the food comes to the table as if it just came off the grill. And the steaks are the best. An amazing value.Special Features:
- Good business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/7/2014If you're looking for a high quality, low pressure upscale place for a business dinner the Capital Grille fits the bill. Service was attentive but not overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal once againUbblesDined on 5/3/2014We had another excellent meal at Capital Grille. From the delicious specialty cocktails to the salad special to delicious steaks..everything was perfect. Our only complaint was the noise level...there were many boisterous groups that evening! Wish the couples and small groups could be in one area, big groups in another.Special Features:
- BruceDined on 5/2/2014always a very good and consistent meal and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- capital grillejayjayDined on 5/1/2014if your hungry not the place small portions ans expensiveSpecial Features:
- Amazing dining experienceEffie53Dined on 5/1/2014From the moment that we walked through the door, everything was perfect. The service could not have been better and the food was fabulous. We went to the Capital Grille to celebrate a friend's birthday. We could not have been happier the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but disappointedBostonDinerDined on 4/29/2014Seafood tower for $100 is disappointing. Lobster was tasteless, overchilled, slightly overcooked. Reiterates that as a New Englander who knows how to cook lobster, purchasing at inflated rates in a restaurant is always disappointing. Oysters were not noteworthy. Shrimp was average. Cap Grille has been my favorite over past 20 years among Boston steakhouses but regrettably the rep took a hit this night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect LunchGrandyVIPDined on 4/29/2014Although this is not my first time at Capital Grill, and it is always good, this time was perfect. Service was first rate which is sometimes lacking at lunch. Cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEELDined on 4/26/2014I've been to this Capital dozens of times. I was disappointed with the removal of the sole on the menu. The service was terrific as in most of the time. A little to much noiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Disappointing experience at a high-end restaurant. The manager and waiter apologized and deducted part of our meal from our check, but the meal was not good. The baked potato arrived, but the waiter ran off before he asked if we wanted anything with it...like butter or sour cream?! By the time we could get someone's attention, the potato was cold. That, along with the overcooked asparagus just didn't add up to a nice meal, especially given the prices! They did apologize, but it was too late to salvage the meal.
- Capital Grille always comes throughJB2502Dined on 4/21/2014We were in Boston visiting our son at college. The goal was to have a relaxing evening and a wonderful meal. As always, Capital Grille came through. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchDonnaDined on 4/20/2014Everything was excellent except for the lobster and eggs Benedict. The lobster was cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014as usual, the capital grille was fantastic! Wish they offered Brunch more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchLupishaDined on 4/20/2014Nice restaurant, good food and priced fairly. I would eat there again when I come back into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.