The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
250 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6179281400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugues Boucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on Route 9, east of the Atrium Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
199 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)notable wine list (97)fit for foodies (82)romantic (74)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (29)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- great spot for celebratingFitfoodie54Dined on 8/18/2014I went there to celebrate my birthday and the service was outstanding. the restaurant was very busy do to restaurant week so the reservations were behind a bit. They did have a great idea to serve free champagne while we all waited. if there was anything we were unhappy about they certainly made up for it. The noise level is quite high in this particular location but it is warm and comfortable and the staff was patient, kind and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014We had a lovely evening with wonderful food and outstanding service. Though the restaurant was very busy, we had attentive service and even special recognition for our anniversary.Special Features:
- PriceChopperVIPDined on 8/18/2014We had a fabulous lunch with Tracy serving us! Perfect chowder, Burger, and Cheesecake!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnercandygirlDined on 8/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill on August 17th. From the minute we arrived at the restaurant we were made to feel special. The staff was very attentive, the food outstanding and the portions plentiful. Although it was restaurant week, the portions were good size and the value for the price charged was very fair. We frequent this restaurant often and will be returning soon.Special Features:
- on't go to restaurant weekNewtondinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014Capital Grill used to be a special place---not true on restaurant week. The service was poor and took us over two hours to eat our meal because the service was so slow. The salads tasted like they were made a few days ago---with wilted lettuce and very small portions. The steaks were okay, not as good as they usually were. We ended up taking some of our food home and the waiter forgot to give us the leftover steak. Overall a very disappointing night.
- Anniversary SpecialF00d13Dined on 8/17/2014As we sat down we found our table was decorated with rose petals and hearts. Also, we enjoyed a best wishes card from the staff with an additional treat inside for the next time we visit. Tracey, our server, was helpful and delightful. The food, as usual, was outstanding and the menu offered for Dining Out week was extraordinary. The finale of the evening was a beautifully decorated plate with Happy Anniversary inscribed in chocolate and two delicious desserts with fruit on either side decorated with candles. In addition, the photo taken of us is a lovely keepsake. Thanks to all for a special evening, in deed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/17/2014I'm not a big fan of Restaurant Week as restaurants are always packed and it's typically a bit chaotic. Went to Capital Grille not knowing it started tonight. I have to say, while it was packed, they handled the crowd extremely well. The "deal" was too good to pass up so we opted for the RW menu. Everything was excellent, salads, clam chowder, filet, bone-in NY, sides, dessert... and our waiter, Mohammed was a pleasure... a real pro. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Birthday CelebrationLovegreatfoodDined on 8/17/2014I took my brother to Capital Grille for his Birthday. The staff was very accommodating and made the occasion noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Although I have dined at this Capital Grille on several previous occasions, this last visit was above and beyond the high standards I had already come to expect. Its hard to keep raising the bar, but Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill continues to do it. Food was awesome, the appetizers, salad, steaks, sides and deserts were all amazing. The service, was FIRST CLASS all the way. The waiter(s), There are several, all very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Also, we were visited by the Manager several times to check in and make sure we were doing well. Not overbearing at all, and was very nice attention to detail. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anyone that wants a special night out. Its not cheap, but its totally worth every penny !Special Features:
- six starskenbVIPDined on 8/12/2014if they gave six stars---capital grille would earn them...Special Features:
- Best steak ever.SteakloverDined on 8/7/2014The Delmonico steak is the best steak I have ever had. Nothing tops it! Every time I come it's always perfect! The sides to share we're good as well! Mash potatoes and creamed corn with bacon! Yum! Only thing is that I wouldn't order the mac&Cheese again. I've given it a lot of chances but it's really bland. No taste really. But other than that perfect! The service is always amazing as well!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Reservation honored on tine and with a great table....bar and wine choices for those who know what they want....steak and sides that leave no complaint. We never sigh when the price us high but then the food and service surpass our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Overall ExperienceMelissaBDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated daughter's 15th birthday and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Called her (and her sister) by name the entire evening and finished with a beautiful cake that had "happy birthday" written in chocolate on the plate! Food was excellent, with the waitress taking the time to make sure everything was cooked right and to our satisfaction. The steak in bone, the filet and the calamari were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- six starskenbVIPDined on 7/31/2014If there was a six star category..capital grille would get it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch visitdedhammbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Tried the summer lunch special for the first time. Excellent quality, quantity and value. Pleasantly surprised to find Sean, one of our favorite servers, working and as always, he took good care of us.Special Features:
- Our favorite Steak House in burbscapitalVIPDined on 7/29/2014Now with all the great restaurants in the burbs, we don't go into Boston anymore for dinner Capital Grille is the Best Steak House in the BurbsSpecial Features:
- GRF4 Just GoodGRF4Dined on 7/27/2014The dinner started off fine. It went down hill after we started getting our food. There was a mistake made when taking our order and two of the guests were given the wrong meals. By the time the correct food arrived the rest of us had almost finished our meals. Then it turned out the meal was not cooked as ordered, it was under cooked. The server was extremely apologetic and he did comp the meal and provided desert and an after dinner drink for the whole table as well. This was a nice gesture and helped the situation. It was unfortunate the mistake happen, it put a damper on our dual B-day Celebration. I have dined here several time and have had mixed results on more than one occasion. I will probably take some time before we go back.
- consistently goodRj1541VIPDined on 7/26/2014for those who have fond memories of mahogany interiors, oil paintings, dim lighting, shrimp cocktails and prime steak, this is your place. Always good, always fun. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Always delivers!JoesayssoDined on 7/26/2014Chestnut Hill Capital Grill can be counted on for an excellent meal with enough specials to keep the menu from being predictable.Special Features:
- A culinary experience.louie1776Dined on 7/26/2014We loved it. Everything was perfect. The ambiance was great. The food was delicious. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 7/23/2014The capital Grille in Chestnut Hill has a nice atmosphere. I prefer prime steak over to choice, and they usually offer choice only. For this meal, my girlfriend and I each got the smoked salmon appetizer, and it was delicious! In addition to the salmon, I also ordered the special salad of the day. It was arugula with red and yellow tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese. It also came with corn but I asked my server not to include the corn. While the salad was tasty, the yellow tomatoes were not juicy. They were very dry. Also, it did not come with enough feta cheese so I had to ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experiance of a LifetimeStevePVIPDined on 7/22/2014Once again from the time that one enters the door, one is delighted to be greeted by the Hostess with the mostest (Barb) and the most outgoing and truly friendly Hostess ( Mariah) .From there is it all the same extremely pleasant professional experience with the # 1 server in New England ( Jill) and her team. To be greeted at the table by BOTH Barb and Jeff who genuinely care about customer satisfactions The food was fantastic and service was great as always The new Girl( Carolyn? ) needs to come out of her shell....Special Features:
- service is everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner Friday night at the Chestnut Hill location and were expecting to have a great meal. What we weren't expecting, was to have the friendliest and well informed server in the restaurant. Laura made our dining experience a five star one with her personality and attentiveness. Her recommendations on which steaks to try were greatly appreciated. We can't wait to go back with fingers crossed that she would be our server again. Great wine list and perfect crab cakes as well.Special Features:
- Not up to parGingerDined on 7/17/2014I just spent a lot of time typing a long review, tried to submit but OpenTable limits the characters so it got wiped out. Suffice it to say was disappointed throughout the meal. The 601 Martini was gross, nothing like the online picture, had shaved cheese floating in it and loosely stuffed anchovies that fell out. Has asked if the lobster in the Chilled Seafood Platter was out of the shell, was told it was, but then was handed implements to crack, the tiny claws (smallest lobster I have ever had) and knuckles had to be cracked open, not good during a business dinner. Then my entree was Seared Tuna, asked for Medium Rare, but it was Medium to Medium Well, hardly any pink, very dry and tasteless. Won't pick this place again for client dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2014Disappointing lobster roll accompanied w/ homemade chips. Birthday desserts were delicious. Waiter and overall service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely serviceanonymousVIPDined on 7/13/2014The staff were delightful and made my grandson's eighth birthday a special occasion for him. Capital Grille was his pick!Special Features:
- always greatcapitalVIPDined on 7/11/2014one of our favorite Steak houses. Free valet as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night in Chestnut HillScituatefind1Dined on 7/10/2014We celebrated my husband's 65th birthday on July 10th. Barbara called me early in the day to confirm our reservations, made sure the table we requested was prepared, gave us a warm reception and the table looked lovely!!! The menu was prepared for my husband!!! It was set in a leather jacket and read at the top "Happy 65th Birthday Steve" and "Lucky 41" (that is the number of the table) Our server, Sean was outstanding. His colleague SG remembered us from our last celebration, (same table). Sean has exquisite knowledge of wine, the Capital Grille menu and has a warm and professional personality. Thank you everyone, and especially the chef and the staff behind the scenes that make it all happen!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdiner2VIPDined on 7/9/2014waiter did not listen to order, but interpreted it himself. As a result, he brought the order out incorrectly two times.Special Features:
- Fantastic servicePreshowDinerDined on 6/30/2014One of the reasons we return to the Capitol Grille time and again is the phenomenal service we receive. The restaurant is primed for celebrations of all sorts (we were celebrating our wedding anniversary), including small decorations on the table, and a complimentary (delicious) dessert and framed photo. On top of all of this is the food itself, which is always of high quality and well-prepared. We look forward to special occasions as much for the link to this restaurant as for the occasions themselves!Special Features:
- StevePVIPDined on 6/30/2014As always the Dining Experience was fantastic especially with Jill and her team in the fabric room. We enjoyed our dining experience and look forward to our next visit. Mariah met us at the door and the entire experience wasSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration!grybostonVIPDined on 6/28/2014Went to Capital Grille to celebrate a birthday. Sat at the bar so that we could watch the soccer match and had a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- 100 out of 10 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/27/2014Chef Hugues Boucher out did himself! He prepared the BEST Chateaubriand served by Sean the BEST server in Boston! The meal was spectacular-we give it 100 out of 10 stars! Chef set the bar VERY high to order steak anywhere else! A PERFECT evening once again! Looking forward to returning VERY soon!Special Features:
- An eveing to rememnberPatMDined on 6/24/2014From start to finish every aspect of the evening wqas ellegant. Our server was there when we needed her but not overbearingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Great nlght great food service was outstanding. Our waiter (spike) was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAYCDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dining experience. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysAaronDined on 6/19/2014Dining at The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill was as always excellent: food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- ImpeccableEmmessceeDined on 6/18/2014From bringing me a black napkin so the white one doesn't leave lint on my dark pants, to the valet remembering what car we drove, the service here is as perfect as I've ever had. Everyone is conscientious, friendly, and professional. If you're serious about your steaks, the Delmonico is the way to go and it's divine. Highly recommend the creamed corn, savory and smoky with bacon, and the au gratin potatoes, loaded with cheese and creamy goodness. It's a bit spendy, but completely worth it for quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrationsluv2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014We were celebrating both a 21st birthday for our daughter and Father's Day. The staff decorated the table for both occasions and made both feel special. Our waitress was friendly, answered our questions well; even seeking the answer if she didn't know it. She also took a picture of us with Capital's camera and we left with a few copies for ourselves!Special Features:
- Special OccasionlpagsDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating graduation and birthdays and they did a fabulous job making it special. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.