Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
346 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonny.com/
- Phone: 2122452030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Daily Midnight to 2am
*Brunch available starting at 11am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Kavon Langley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bourbon Street Bar & Grille can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party capabilities are second to none. Large space accommodating for groups up to 350+. Private lounge, balcony & outdoor patio settings available. We offer several options in regards to party packaging on both food & beverage, flexible pricing & state of the art audio/visual capabilities. Please contact us regarding any inquiries you may have for your next event, fundraiser or company party!
- Private Party Contact: Kate Moscatelli 212-245-2030
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2030
- Cross Street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
Bourbon Street Bar & Grille is inspired by everything that makes the Crescent City & Southern Louisiana great. It is our hope that the unique culture of New Orleans is transplanted right here to our home on Restaurant Row in the middle of NYC. Let the Good Times Roll!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (25)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (20)neighborhood gem (16)late-night find (11)scenic view (10)fit for foodies (9)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)special occasion (8)romantic (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- NYCNativeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything here was perfect, well almost and that's why I gave it 3 stars. Music level is so high it's impossible to hear each other. We couldn't even hear our wonderful, excellent waitress (Sarah) speak. It was the most uncomfortable dinner. Everyone around us felt t/same way. We tried to make the best of it but it was just horrible. Loved the videos, but why does t/music have to be that loud. It's ashame that such a nice gem could be ruined by t/loudness of the music. If I were out dancing, it would have been perfect, not a place to hold a conversation. If all you want to do is eat and look at your company w/o speaking, then this is the place for you. Sadly I would never go here again. Turn down the music and I would go back.
- Great for before theater lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Close to theaters on 46th street Restaurant Row. Food was good; upstairs patio was very nice and quiet enough to hold a conversation. Service was very good.Special Features:
- OKErikDined on 9/7/2014We went here for some cajun food but I must say the food was nothing more than ok.
- Fun for drinks onlyEric999Dined on 9/5/2014It was a fun place with good atmosphere, but the gumbo and jambalaya were not very good, and the chili was served almost cold. I'd come again for drinks only, as the bar was huge and lively, with a fun crowd.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Overall my first experience was great, love the atmosphere, food was delicious. Overall very satisfy I would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstate coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great service... Initally we were sat inside. Requested to sit at the outdoor bar patio. Within 5 minutes the staff made the switch. Appreciated the change, eventhough the restaurant was busy. Food was good. Setting and interior great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre brunchcmuellerxDined on 8/3/2014Have been here before, was good again, will return. Brunch offers some good drink specials, pitcher of Mimosa refreshing and the Bloody Mary was just spicy enough. Sat in bar area which turned out good, was quiet. I had my usual Eggs and jambalaya, was huge and tasty, couldnt finish it. Hubby enjoyed hamburger and french toast pretty good. (didn't get fresh fruit with it but not required so didn't question.) Our food was out so quickly but we remained drinking Mimosa's after for a time so ok.Special Features:
- Nice decor, not much elseDisappointedInManhattanDined on 8/2/2014Had hoped this would be a nice slice of New Orleans cooking after a matinee show on a Saturday. The food was disappointing. They had a tough time dealing with a minor special request on one dish and prepared it all wrong in the end. One dish was described as "blackened" but there was no skill to the preparation of the food, there was just a ton of pepper sprinkled on the sauce. Shrimp were very tiny and clearly prepared from frozen. Our dishes were dried out from sitting too long before being served. They tried to serve entrees while we were in the middle of the appetizers. Our plates were left in the warmer. We skipped desert and left asap. If you want "TGI Fridays" type food Bourbon St. is fine otherwise I suggest you avoid this place.
- Un peu bruyant, mais super ambianceSwissMenDined on 7/31/2014Avec des enfants, le contexte est un peu bruyant, mais l'ambiance est super, le personnel est très sympa (Merci Tiffany), et la nourriture... - no comment. Nous avons pris un plat de Loaded Nachos pour l'apéritif (déjà copieux), puis des bourbon burger. Ce fut un régal. Encore merci pour la soirée.Special Features:
- Love CajunGrissyDined on 7/29/2014Cajun food is my favorite food of all. Having lived and traveled the south I have had some of the best. In NYC I have found a couple that are OK, but Bourbon Street is the best Cajun in NYC and compares to some of the best I have had in New Orleans, Alabama, Texas and other parts of the south.Special Features:
- Great After the Show RestauarantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant right after we saw "Bullets over Broadway." In the notorious "Restaurant Row," it was walking distance from our theater, which was great. We got our table right away, which was on the second floor, looking over the bar--very cool. The waitress was prompt, nice, and very personable--she asked us about the show. It was very easy to pick something from the menu (if you like Southern/Cajun-style food) and the prices are great (there is a fixed price menu which worked for my husband and I since we shared the dessert). I had the catfish which was spicy but delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food and great ambience!Special Features:
- Not Bad (But I've Had Better)LilimichDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I came here after a matinee play, and it was good, but I was hoping it would be better. We both ordered a flat bread appetizers, and they were good, but probably not in keeping with the food style of the restaurant. For dinner, he ordered a Blackened Shrimp Po' Boy and I had the Cajun Jambalaya. His was pretty good, and the dirty rice part of my entree was OK, but, it was nearly impossible to find the chicken or sausage that were in it -- it was almost all rice. We may both be spoiled as we're used to the food at another cajun-style restaurant in Central NJ that's one of our favorites. The decor and atmosphere were enjoyable, it was quite clean, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor patioHappycoupleVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had dinner and drinks here on a Friday night at approximately 7:30pm for a group of 4 people. The food, a good mix of Southern Cajun-styled dishes, was generally very good. The drinks were also well done. The service could have been better, mostly because it took us such a long time to get any drinks. I think the bartender was new so that takes a while. The outdoor patio space on the second floor was a great open air area to enjoy the summer air. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantProtegee1Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I searched one night for a cajun restaurant and stumbled across this gem. Having been to New Orleans recently, we were looking forward to sample the specialy cuisine again. We were not disappointed. The drinks were authentic, the gumbo delicious and our ribs were fantastic. It was like stepping back in time to NOLA with the decor and ambience. We will definitely be back! Great find. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food!KilroyDined on 7/6/2014The food was fantastic and the price was very reasonable. The server was not very attentive hence the less than five star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food; too noisy pre-showJimettrixDined on 7/3/2014This is our third time at Bourbon Street and while we love the food, which is why we've come back, for some reason this time, the noise level was off the charts. Last time was in March and it wasn't as busy, I suppose. But this being the summer... we were upstairs at a table for two and literally had to shout the whole time. We were there during happy hour and the bar was hopping, which is great if you like that kind of thing... but it's not for us. I suppose next time we'll try lunch or at a time when there isn't likely to be as much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans atmospherBobKDined on 6/28/2014The atmosphere in the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill matches it's name perfectly. Great food - just a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bourbon St. B & GTheBigHausDined on 6/24/2014I was looking for a late night establishment that would serve me after an entertaining night a the theater. Wow, what a great find. The staff was super friendly and the food delicious. I had the pasta primavera and salad. Also, I loved the hurricanes too. Nice job!Special Features:
- Good for Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014I invited my girls at office Friday night to this restaurant, which is one of my favorite places. I booked the table about a few weeks ago and they brought us to the outside patio! It was such a perfect weather for outdoor Happy Hour. We ordered a few appetizers (fried pickles was good!) and entrees to share (5 of us). Waitress was friendly and the food came out in timely manner. Jambalaya was my favorite. Girls were all happy to dine here. Absolutely next visit soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to meet and eat!DivaofDiningDined on 6/18/2014It was our fourth time as a group going and we all had a wonderful time. Our food was great - we were stuffed on the appetizers! As we went for lunch, took the entrees home and had a great dinner to boot!! We all have VERY different tastes and likes, but everyone could find something that was too good to pass up. Happy Hour drinks were just right - not too heavy and not too light. Have recommended Bourbon Street Grill to other friends and family and they sing the praises.Special Features:
- Happy Hour and CatfishBourbonStarightUp63Dined on 6/17/2014This was my second visit to Bourbon Street Bar & Grill with my colleagues after work and we were not disappointed. Great table, good food (especially those fried pickles), catfish was great as was the biscuits and gravy. Pecan pie alamode - mmmmmmm. We all shared and tasted each others food. Waiter was very nice as was the receptionist and person who seated us. Prices are reasonable here for this area. Happy Hour Drinks are great to wind down after a day at work. Hope to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for after work drinksBruzerDined on 6/17/2014Went to Bourbon St with a group of 6 before a show. One complaint, I arrived early and sat at the bar, it was Happy Hour but wasn't specifically told what drinks were 1/2 price; disappointed I had to pay full price for the two drinks I had. When my friends arrived, we were seated promptly and the wait staff was super great about bringing us our drinks and food quick. Didn't need to wait long for the check either. I would definitely recommend Bourbon Street to my friends as a great place for lunch and after work drinks/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I have been here a few times and I'm never disappointed. Love the hurrricanes!Special Features:
- Returning foodieFoodieDined on 6/12/2014Mouthwatering food, attentive staff, great atmosphere and overall experience keep bringing me back to the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill. Celebrating a friend's recent nuptials and enjoying the World Cup. I could not have picked a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana GirlsLouisianaGirlDined on 6/12/2014My friend and I were tourists from Louisiana looking for good food to start off our night in the big apple. The food had authentic Louisiana flavors. The gumbo could've come straight from my grandmother's kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!YvieBDined on 6/8/2014The food at Bourbon Street Bar & Grill was delicious! And so was the Red Velvet Cake martini (the flavor was spot on!). I would highly recommend the ribs and the cheese grits are to die for! I took my mom for her birthday after seeing a Broadway show and we were seated right away on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The upstairs terrace seating was a great option and gave decent views of the city and the street. The service could have been a little better but overall was a great experience.Special Features:
- Toni1997Dined on 6/6/2014I would recommend this place to friends who like going to the bar. Other than that, no. This is not for casual dining or for a romantic date or dinner with family. The place is very loud, so how could you have a good conversation if you can't hear each other. The food is just mediocre, nothing special at all. The ambience do fit for the New Orlean's theme and our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration bust!LuvNYCDined on 5/30/2014I made reservations 4 my sister's bday celebration.Unfortunately,we did arrived 10 mins late due 2 no parkin & no convenient parkin garage closed by.However,I was dropped off 2 check in while my remainin party was tryin 2 park.The front hostess had me wait by the bar until my party arrived.As I stood there,I noticed an empty table w/ the RESERVED sign.5 mins later a group of 6 was seated.5 mins later my party arrived, she said sorry your table was lost becuz we were late.I asked her which table?She said, that table!I was super annoyed!Waited an addition 30 mins just to be seated in the front door entry way.The food wasn't all that, however our waitress Brittany was awesome.I only rated a 3 because of her,besides that I would not recommend!Special Features:
- Tipico pubGigiDined on 5/27/2014Nonostante non si chiami pub e' un tipico locale per bere ma anche per mangiare. Cibo di buona qualità, servizio buono prezzi adeguati a New York quindi non popolari.Special Features:
- The following 914 reviews are from the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We had reservations for 530pm on Wednesday May 21. We were seated right away but we were seated in a corner and you couldnt see anything and there was no air movement resulting in a hot table. We ordered and than waited an hour or more for our food. The noise level was horribly loud and when our food finally came it was cold and it was not what we ordered. The waitress came back and attempted to fix our order and got it wrong again. This was the last time we saw our waitress. I was looking forward to eating here and it was not good.Special Features:
- Nice Little PlaceEgilDined on 5/17/2014Tasty food in a New Orleans bar atmosphere. It's modest but good at what it does. Only complaint: disconnect between waitress and bus boy (we understood) meant it was tougher than it should have been to get water before meal and coffee after. But don't come here for the water or the coffee anyway.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphereRas24Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's Day. The food was great as well as the drinks. The gumbo is a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Booked for brunch on Mother's Day. Limited menu-my wife could not find anything she liked. Food average. Service slow. Took a while to get initially served and coffee refills. Waitress didn't come around for 15 minutes at a time even though restaurant was near empty. This restaurant is really a bar and that is what they should push.
- wonderful experienceeateateatDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our food, the service, and the atmosphere here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop Here on the way to the TheaterOrangeFanDined on 5/10/2014The Hostess was very friendly and our table was ready - ahead of time! The wait staff seated us quickly, and our refreshments and dinner were served promptly, but not rushed. Our waitress snapped a few photos upon request, made us feel quite welcome, and accommodated a few personal requests without fuss. We really enjoyed the outdoor seating, on a comfortable evening prior to attending a show. Dinner for two and a bottle of house champagne set me back far less than I had anticipated. Thanks, Bourbon Street! We will definitely return, and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Po BoyBleeDined on 5/9/2014I was told they didn't serve unsweetened iced tea but there it was on the menu. We ordered Cajun Flatbread and Shrimp Po Boys. The flatbread had a good taste but it was lukewarm and the flatbread for half was soggy. When the sandwiches came the bread was stale, there was virtually no mayonnaise on it and the bread to shrimp/filling ratio was far too skewed to bread. It was difficult to swallow. The fries were old. The best thing we had was the brownie dessert which could have been improved if it was served warm. Also, they are a little low on women's bathrooms but that's really no different than anywhere else. I would skip this place if I were you.
- My Secret SpotGoodTimes4everDined on 5/9/2014I enjoy Bourbon St so much I tried to keep a secret from my friends lol I only take one random friend at a time and pretend I stumbled upon it lol I love it thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCasahoolyDined on 5/7/2014The restaurant had a nice setup, upstairs, downstairs, outside dining, big bar. Nice happy hour. The menu was limited and the crawfish étufe was just okay. Bar Would be nice for a group get togetherSpecial Features:
- New Orleans in New YorkTheFoodDivaDined on 5/1/2014The food was great we ordered a mix of everything. The Appetizer Combos, Buffalo (favorite), Honey and BBQ Jumbo wings, BBQ Calamari, Shrimp Po Boy, Our favorite drinks were the Hurricane and the Specialty Cocktail. Then just when we thought we couldn't have anymore fun the DJ started playing music and I had to get up and dance. It reminded us of the last time we were all in New Orleans. Well done folks!Special Features:
- Great food!Baker85Dined on 4/25/2014I went there for dinner with a few friends and we had a great time! The food was excellent and the wait staff was great. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.