5764 176th Street
Surrey, BC V3S 4C8Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vaultrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6045764243
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 7 days a week: 11:00am - 3:00pm Drinks & Snacks daily from 3:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Gerry Togonon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment 3-4 nights a week. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Jazz or Blues.
- Special Events: 33% off Wines by the Glass every Tuesday. Discounted Martinis every Wednesday Thursday is HotRod Night with Steak & Alaskan Crab $27.99 and cheap cocktails!
A word from Vault Restaurant
Standing out like a fresh tattoo on a burly forearm, The Vault Restaurant serves mouth-watering martinis, delicious wines and fabulous food. Once inside, you will be greeted by an eclectic, lively room, a diverse menu and tantalizing cocktails, including “the best Caesar in town.” First built in 1948, The Vault retains many of its original features, including the concrete bank vault. Outside the private vault, guests are seated in the restaurant’s lounge or dining room, surrounded by an eclectic décor, including bicycle frames, ornate mirrors, and a female statue residing above the bar! The funky style combined with live jazz or blues music and you’ve got yourself a hip and quirky restaurant, with a cool, laissez-faire vibe. The Vault’s diverse menu features Northwest cuisine, offering dishes that are simple, yet rich in flavour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Vault Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Surrey ›
Vault Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (68)good for groups (49)fit for foodies (38)romantic (28)hot spot (22)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (17)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- GreatnessGdavieswillDined on 4/7/2014We were in for our anniversary and to celebrate my wife's birthday. Our server was excellent and the food is awesome as always. I had the chicken breast and my wife had the seafood mix dish and we would recommend both. We are both huge fans of Delirium beer which this is the only place that we can seem to find this Belgian gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, I and my groupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/6/2014As always, I and my group enjoyed the cuisine although the special of the day was unavailable, as it must have been a popular choice. Our reservations were for 6:15 there was not enough. I have had pretty much everything on the menu and do enjoy a little variation. The Snapper is probably my least favorite item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!Danielle78Dined on 4/5/2014Great place for yummy food and drinks. We always come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- update timemomngDined on 4/4/2014The food was very well presented and prepared.The service very friendly and efficient. My only criticism would be it is very dreary and dull in decor and our chairs were worn out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful warmthLove2EatDined on 4/2/2014This resTaurant (Vault) is a friendly place. The menu is great. I had the tiger prawns, my partner the seafood sampler. Both great meals. The wine list is good sized and complete. The bread is served warm and lots of it. It is to die for. The service is good, not overly cloying, but quick to respond to every nod.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/1/2014The waitress was excellent. Very helpful in helping us select a wine. (even brought us a couple tasters to try) Also moved us to a table by the window when we mentioned the heavy traffic going by our original sitting place. My wife ordered the steak special medium rare, but it came back at least medium. I think perhaps they didn't allow for it to carry on cooking after being removed from the heat? I ordered the boneless ribs which were very tender but had too sauce (Marinade?) on them. I couldn't taste the actual meat flavor. The rest of the meal was good and we will probably go back again sometime, but as this was a special Birthday party we were on the whole disappointed.Special Features:
- Not up to it's normal standardShaley104Dined on 3/30/2014I have been to the Vault 3 times now and the food wasn't up to par. My hubby had ordered the Seafood Hot Pot and was a bit disappointed to find the curry flavour not as good as he expected. The calamari wasn't as tasty as we expected. I had the tiger prawns and I thought they were great. We will come again and be a bit more cautious about our orders. We had pretty good service. There were 2 large noisy groups so we didn't get as much attention as normal but it was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaypiscesDined on 3/30/2014I have been to The Vault before, I was thrilled to get the birthday special. I took my mom and son ,they loved it! The steak was perfect, the bread delicious, the service excellent. My mom has decided that she wants Mother's day and her birthday at The Vault, in the actual vault. I love the decor and original building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The music by mark was excellent.DebraDined on 3/28/2014The music by mark was excellent. Great variety of songs. The seafood dishes are always excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FooddeliciousdiningDined on 3/23/2014One of our favorite spots. Everything on the menu is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cloverdale Hot SpotABitPriceyVIPDined on 3/21/2014The Vault was very busy and had a great vibe going on the evening we were there. Has a "downtown" feeling without the hassle of driving. If you are in the Surrey, Langley area and are looking for a place to dine that has the food, service, atmosphere .... and is easy to get to, this is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same old thingKonradDined on 3/18/2014Though I love the Vault for being in my own neighbourhood and do insist on coming with guests,the menus needs to change to keep me coming back. For this reason I have only given an over all rating of three. Even a seasonal change would be good....and the service was a bit slow on the drinks. Otherwise the company was good, our friends were pleased with the fare and we all had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First but not last visitDrycoldDined on 3/17/2014Great service, Excellent food, nice atmosphere! What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Local Guy, been here manyCooloneDined on 3/16/2014Local Guy, been here many times. Always a great meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Great food, great service and great entertainment! Enjoyed our time at the Vault even more than expected with the superb guitarist entertaining. Will definitely go again without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner and great service!ColleenDined on 3/15/2014Lovely dinner and great service! Catered to my husband's celiac disease knowledgably.Special Features:
- Great Neighbourhood RestaurantGeorgeVIPDined on 3/14/2014This was my first time to the Vault. I generally, will go to the Washington Avenue Grill in White Rock (same owners). I am all about windows and view. I was invited by friends in Cloverdale, to the Vault. I was very pleasantly, surprised that I liked this restaurant. Certainly, doesn't have the view or lots of windows, but the décor and ambiance were very good. I will come back again. And, being familiar with the menu (similar to Washington Avenue) I had no problems what to order. As in Washington Avenue Grill, the food is very good and nicely, prepared. The service, starting with the Hostesses, and table service was very friendly and welcoming. Bottom line, I will come back and now I have a new restaurant to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum every time!foodiebeanDined on 3/13/2014My husband and I love the Vault and always recommend it to our friends. Every single time we have been there the atmosphere, service and food is wonderful. We look forward to going each and every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/11/2014arrived at six pm we were greeted and promptly seated reataurant was fairly empty but soon filled with patrons.server was attentive and appetizer was very good (chicken strips in panko coating and sweet chili sauce).server brought samples of ale to see which one i liked.dinner was very good .i had coconut curry prawns and my wife had cajun seafood with rice and vegetables both dishes were very good overall experience was excellent from the service to the food will be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere, great service,CherylDined on 3/4/2014Nice atmosphere, great service, delicious hot food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenuRhedDined on 3/3/2014The four of us each chose something different from the menu - the steak special of the day, braised shortribs, snapper with tiger prawns, and a chicken pasta dish. The chef was able to modify the chicken plate for our picky eater, yay. We were all happily satisfied with our dishes, but there was no question that the beef entrees were the best. The only down side was that the portions were rather small. We were there on a Monday so took advantage of their dollar off draught beer specials. They offered many craft beers, which was great. The waitress was friendly, and helped us choose some of our orders. Water was brought to the table as soon as we sat, and bread was put out while we waited for our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the vault. I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014Love the vault. I have been there quite a few times. This time however I felt very rushed by our server. We wanted to have a long relaxing meal. But we felt rushed to order and the rushed to pay:( It was a Sunday evening and the restaurant wax probably only 30% full so it didn't seem like they needed the table. Food was outstanding as usual. Would have have been nice to have had more time to enjoy each other, our food and the great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vault is a great find.StunnedBananaDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I have been to The Vault Restaurant several times with groups ranging from 2 - 14. The food has always been very good...every time. I would certainly recommend this restaurant for anyone that is interested in a great meal in a funky atmosphere. There's usually a person playing guitar and singing on the tiny stage on the weekends. This past Friday it was an amazing young lady with a beautiful voice. The volume was low enough to hear her but not intrusive in any way. This is my "go to" restaurant in the Cloverdale area. I can recommend the scallop apply, the short ribs and the steaks are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014We had a great experience and look forward to returning again. There was only one item that is worth mentioning (but not a big deal); we had to wait quite a while before our server offered another round of drinks. My wine glass sat empty while our server passed the table several times - not offering to ask of we wanted a refill. It wasn't terribly busy at that time either.Special Features:
- Cold beer please!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Love the food but please please please figure out how to chill your beer. I will likely not be coming back because this is the second time I've been and both times the beer was not cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have gone to the vaultDmcquinnDined on 2/28/2014We have gone to the vault , many times , 1st could not find any thing on this menu , we believe it has changed 2nd received the food , found string in my chicken , we did mention to waitress nothing was done ,food did not taste good 3 curry has so much msg, mouth was on fire all night Overall not good and we won't be back D
- Always Great!JeremyDined on 2/28/2014We love The Vault. It is always great food and great service. The room is warm and has a good ambiance. The food is always very flavorful, they have great specials and it is reasonably priced. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes a consistent dining experience every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodmalhiDined on 2/27/2014The food, the service and the ambience is always good at the Vault. Sometimes the waitresses are a bit off but 90% of the time they are friendly and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table positionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014The table we had for two people was in the main thoroughfare for all other tables ,so we had a lot of traffic going past our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yumFine2dineDined on 2/21/2014Yummy food, yummy music, yummy waitresses, yummy wine. All around yummy rating...2 thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Vault is a neighbourhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014The Vault is a neighbourhood favourite of ours, and it never disappoints. Friday night was no exception. My favourite was the scallop appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vaultlovetodineDined on 2/20/2014We always have loved WAG then when the vault came along we were happy because the food was equally good and closer to home!we love the atmosphere food is always good and service is top notch!we will continue to be regularsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/18/2014Discovered this gem of a place several years ago.. Have never been disappointed in the meal. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. Fair prices. A good selection of wine and beers. Check out their many daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014My boyfriend and I found the Vault online we went there to celebrate our anniversary. Overall great experience food was awesome great vibe and funky atmosphere highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We will return for the comfortable atmosphere, great service and delicious food. My husband and I celebrated Valentine's day at The Vault and enjoyed our dishes. He ordered the mixed seafood and I had the steelhead salmon which was cooked perfectly. The scallop appetizer was good but the calamari was average. We enjoyed a slice of cheesecake to share for dessert. Live music added to the cozy feel and the service is prompt and friendly. The cocktail and wine list is good and reasonably priced. This was not our first visit to this restaurant. Our family all enjoy this local favorite and will return as we always have a good experience and like the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayPackerfanDined on 2/14/2014It was very crowded but I guess that's to be expected on Valentine's day. Not a lot of menu choices. Service was good considering how busy it was. Will try another time. Would like to actually see the bank vault.Special Features:
- Valentines at the VaultNovoDined on 2/13/2014offerings were different........order was cooked exactly to order..........food was excellent......atmosphere was cool..........we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJoewalfordDined on 2/13/2014The food is more enjoyable then the popular "Steakhouse" restaurants in the area. Friendly service from all the employees we encountered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Headed downhillCrazieFrazieDined on 2/12/2014Having eaten at The Vault before I was looking forward to a return visit. Much to my disappointment the food experience was terrible. My wife had Coconut Curry Penne with prawns - we finally found a couple of prawns and the sauce was very scarce and light on flavor. I had a flat iron steak and the only redeeming quality was the garlic mashed! There are plenty of better choices - don’t get trapped at The Vault.
- We visited your restaurantrikke1944Dined on 2/9/2014We visited your restaurant a few days ago and enjoyed it very much. The beef ribs were fantastic. We will definitely be backSpecial Features: