4000 Mountain Road
Stowe, VT 05672Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.topnotchresort.com/explore/dining/flannel/
- Phone: 8022536445x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast 7:00AM - 11:00PM
Lunch 11:30AM - 5:00PM
Dinner 5:30PM - 9:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Courtney Quinn
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Creative menus with personalized planning and professional staff to execute the most memorable events. From small intimate parties with a personal chef, to elaborate weddings and special occasions of over 250 people, we will handle all details to allow you the opportunity of enjoying yourself with your guests. Formal to casual, themes are our pleasure. Please contact 802-253-6426 to receive your quote today.
- Private Party Facilities: 120 acres of property in the Green Mountains of Vermont to choose that special location with idyllic views. Menus that fit your taste and budget, from simple hors d'oeuvres to five course dinners. Indoor and outdoor locations, that include a tented pavilion for 250 to intimate dining for 8. Private rooms and outdoor venues with magnificent mountain views. Our professional staff will make sure every detail of the decorations, the flowers, photographer, music, linens, location and special amenities are taken care of for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Ronda Berns 8022536426x
A word from Flannel
Flannel is the signature restaurant at Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont, a AAA Four Diamond Resort. Set before alluring mountain views, the patio-style restaurant beckons with a striking atmosphere, an inviting open kitchen, and an innovative menu featuring chic country cuisine created from locally grown organic provisions. The restaurant is adjacent to the resort’s new outdoor swimming pools and al fresco lounge area. With 65 seats inside and another 75 on an expansive terrace, Flannel sets a welcoming scene for astute diners who appreciate casual yet creative cuisine. The open kitchen is a defining touch, creating a captivating scene of culinary sights and sizzles for diners savoring the bounty of organic farms from throughout the state. High coffered ceilings and a tamped-down color scheme round out a contemporary setting. We focus our expertise on presenting creative dishes that express Flannel's new food attitude: vibrant, delicious and satisfying.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Flannel - Best Restaurants in Stowe ›
Flannel reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)scenic view (18)fit for foodies (14)special occasion (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Deliciousacd32Dined on 10/19/2013My boyfriend and I decided to try Flannel on our weekend away in Stowe. I was alittle nervous to bring him because he is not very adventurous with good as I am, but we had a delicious meal. The olive oil, butter, and red pepper jelly that came with the bread was very flavorful. We got a cheese plate and the Flannel fries for appetizers; both super delicious! The fries were crunchy and fried to perfection and the dipping aioli was great! My boyfriend got the Flannel burger that was amazing. And I got a short rib special; short ribs with parsnip purée, spaghetti squash, with a delicious glaze. We skipped on dessert because we were too full, but overall, the meal was absolutely delusions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CreativeJimlDined on 10/10/2013The dinner was very good. My wife's dish was outstanding, all the menu items were creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicechenangosunDined on 10/5/2013I dined here with my wife. The dining room was a little too open for us but not bad. I had duck confit which was excellent. The sauce raised the dish to the next level. My wife had salmon, which was good, but ordinary, nothing special. Service was good but the down side was that our water glasses were not refilled.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placesppwmpDined on 10/4/2013Went on a Friday night, had reservations @7, went @6:30, was seated immediately at a great table next to fireplace. Service was wonderful, food was very good. Had cheese platter, very good selections. Menu not that big, but had great choices. One note, burger says "pork belly burger". Would have avoided it had I not asked waitress for explanation. Turned out it was a regular beef burger with a thick slice of bacon, and an egg on top. Extremely yummy. That plus shared cheese plate, husband had steak, 2 drinks and one shared dessert, bill was about $80. Pretty good value considering the quality of the food. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful luncheon in every way!vtcountrygalDined on 10/4/2013Four of us elderly women celebrated a 90th b'day early to enjoy the foliage view. Everything was perfect with an attentive server, friendly and obliging staff, awesome wine, wonderfully prepared food, and gorgeous views. The menu is limited, but we still had plenty of options. One person chose the Coconut Chicken Soup for an appetizer, but three of us chose the Miso Glazed Shrimp, which was glass noodles and peanut sauce. Three of us chose the quiche, and the other person chose The Smoker which is mesquite turkey, avocado, bacon, dill Havarti, maple aioli, tomato, pressed tortilla. We were not disappointed in any way! Again, every course was delightful with more than satisfactory serving sizes. It is pricey, but IMHO, it is worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomehappyjackDined on 9/29/2013Lovely dining experience with good food and excellent service and quiet, nice ambiance.Special Features:
- We were looking for a cosyAbcdDined on 9/28/2013We were looking for a cosy restautant and it was not. Ordinary service, television at the bar. Its more a familly restaurant then a dinner experience!Special Features:
- Pleasant experienceLeafpeeper2dayVIPDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed our lunch at Flannel very much. The staff was attentive and efficient. We sat inside and enjoyed the view and the food. The chicken wrap, flatbreads and salad were great. Also the chicken wrap ingredients were chopped so it wasn't a mess to eat. The salad house dressing was light and perfect. I am on a reduced sodium diet and they were accommodating. I definitely recommend Flannel.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice mealLOQ8OUSDined on 9/22/2013The view despite mother nature was wonderful. The decor was impeccable and the staff friendly. A great place for breakfast or lunch before/after the Stowe Farmers MarketSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindhappilyfullDined on 9/21/2013Loved the food-fantastic taste, unique taste combinations, superbly cooked. Steak tartare to die for, crab fritters were fantastic. I had the chicken and my husband had the steak and we both agreed best meal in the NorthEast. Celebrated our anniversary in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot, great food.LocalinnkeeperDined on 9/11/2013We really loved the small bites menu. The food was fresh and service was fast. We didn't order off the main menu because it was too pricey for us. But everything else was wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice room, friendly and attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013Nice room, friendly and attentive staff, unremarkable food, but not offensive. Would not be inclined to return anytime soon, nor recommend to someone who wanted a great food experience.
- Amazing LocationEatslittleVIPDined on 8/23/2013We sat outside and the views were second to none. Staff, food and everything were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2013Went there for dinner on our second night up here. The view was outstanding and the food was great. Service was attentive to ask if everything was ok but there were some long spells of not seeing the server (but I would not let that discourage anyone from going to Flannels). After dinner for dessert the kids got to make there own s'mores at their fire pit. That alone was priceless. Yes they can make s'mores anywhere but there was something special about their set up and the kids doing it there. All in all I would highly recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2013The food at lunch was great - it was fresh and delicious, so was the beer. Service was great and the view from the patio is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a new restaurantNotimpressedDined on 8/8/2013This is not a new restaurant, it's Norma's with a new name and slightly different menu. The steak was one of the worst steaks I have ever had out at a restaurant. My husband enjoyed the salmon and the appetizers were just ok. All in all, fine for the hotel guests that want the convienence of eating in the hotel but not recommended for locals and there are much better places to eat around here.
- Excellent!good2eatDined on 8/7/2013We ate at Flannels after researching the many reviews)Trip Advisor for one). The dining experience was superb in every way. We had an excellent mail from appetizer to dessert. The service was top notch which was the name of the resort. We dined outside and were seated at a table with a great view of the mountains. The resort and restaurant were kid and pet friendly from what we observed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2013The salmon was cooked perfectly, and we received wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what you're looking for.OneLoveDined on 7/26/2013We selected Flannel for a special birthday (62) dinner during a recent long weekend in Stowe. There were high expectations, and no disappointments. Let me cut to the chase. We dine often (too often) in the NJ/NY area, and have been doing so for a long time. The cold soup, layered half red-half green, was unique, delicious, and a mistake to pass up. Go back if you did. I followed that with the "Best" sirloin (my favorite cut) steak that I ever had. Did I mention "Best" ? Yes I did. The service and view were all Stowe. Just get to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itMeloyelo33Dined on 7/24/2013While we found this restaurant a bit pricey, I was very happy with the food and service I received. I asked if I could have something taken out of a particular dish on the menu as it is not to my liking. Originally, the waitress gave me a plausible explanation as to why it couldn't be taken out due to the way it is prepared/marinated in advance. I was fine with this and was just going to take it out myself. However, once I received my dish, the ingredient had indeed been removed and replaced with a different vegetable. An unexpected pleasant surprise!! Everyone was extremely courteous and we all loved our food, even my two finicky children. We will definitely be back next time we visit Stowe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and beautiful viewsAmyWeaverDined on 7/20/2013The food at Flannel was fabulous. The service was great. We ate outside and the views of Mt. Mansfield is beautiful. Once winter rolls around, and the temps get cold, no worries, the dining room has floor to ceiling windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in StoweOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013We were visiting Stowe for a lacrosse tournament and wanted to have a nice meal. I researched best restaurants in Stowe and found Flannel. The menu looked interesting but I had no idea what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to find a beautiful restaurant with amazing food and excellent service. The view was spectacular. We lived in Washington, D.C. for many years and this restaurant compares favorably to city restaurants. If we go back to Stowe we will definitely go back to Flannel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2013The food was very good but the drinks were the smallest we've ever seen. Talked to the manager who didn't seem to care. I'm sure that they're making a lot of money on their drinks. Very pretty views and outside space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an incredible diningShannaDined on 7/13/2013We had an incredible dining experience at Flannel. Although we chose to surrender our 8:30 reservation in order to eat earlier (6:30) by sitting at the chef's counter, our experience was probably the same if not better. Not only is the food exceptional, but the chefs were all very friendly and open to conversation, especially about the food. They answered any questions we had and handed it to us directly after we watched them prepare it all. The wait staff was equally attentive, clearing dishes even if they were not our original server. I would recommend Flannel for a any occasion but especially for a simple romantic dinner or need for an amazing meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great renovation!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/13/2013We had an awesome meal. Feta and Watermelon salad, Fried oysters BLT, Duck confit and Halibut. All done perfectly. Fantastic views, great new decor. Just loved every minute of this dinner for our 5 year anniversary. Thank you Topnotch, Flanel was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Vermont DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/6/2013My wife and I recently had dinner at Flannel over the 4th of July weekend. Upon arriving we were promptly seated, and our waiter was quick to explain the menu and take our drink order. We ordered dinner and after ordering the restaurant got busier and it appeared that we saw less and less of our waiter as she was serving both tables inside and out. The quality of the food was excellent, however, I did not enjoy some of the flavor pairings, but this of course is more of a personal preference and the reason why you go out to eat, to try new things! As for the location, being able to watch the sunset over Mt. Mansfield is spectacular. I would definitely eat at Flannel again, but I might try some different items off the menu next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/5/2013Bartender clueless on basic drinks & charged $12 each, $3-4 more than average for Stowe. Kale "Caesar" salad nothing like a true Caesar. Plus, no anchovies on it, nor any available, when requested. Vegetables too salty. Halibut overcooked & dry as a bone. Service slow & inattentive. Entire staff, including cooks, all inexperienced kids with no real training. Hostesses & bartender dressed like slobs. Name just changed from Norma's to Flannel, touting a whole new restaurant. Nothing has changed, except new carpeting & a few chairs. We tried it out a year ago, hoping it wasn't as bad as the local reputation had pegged it. Well, the food, service & entire experience were worse this time. Its bad reputation among the locals, has remained intact
- This was our first experienceDavidDined on 7/1/2013This was our first experience with Flannel and we felt the food was over priced for what you rec'd. There are equally good restaurants in town that offer a better value with equal or better views and ambience.Special Features:
- Great "new" placeOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/30/2013Norma's, a fine restaurant at Top Notch Resort, has a new menu and a new name, Flannel. The new menu is creative and (at least six dishes) delicious. The service is still outstanding. The new name is the worst I have ever encountered. "Flannel"? If I wasn't familiar with the place, I wouldn't book it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor patio; beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/15/2013It was really quiet the weekend we were at Stowe, so no reflection on Norma's there. The resort is also undergoing a major renovation so the resort too was less crowded than I have seen previous. The food is always very good, short menu gives the chef ability to focus. I would like to see an expanded wine by the glass menu with some more interesting choices. Other than that, I highly recommend Norma's while in Stowe, VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They are just re-opening andvtgigiDined on 5/11/2013They are just re-opening and are currently under some construction. The menu was limited but they plan to expand when the construction is done. We had the chicken it was excellent, full of flavor and not boring. The desserts were not the highlight of the evening. In my opinion this area still needs some work. The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They were wonderful!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every time my wife and I goOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2013Every time my wife and I go to Stowe we make sure we eat at Norma's at least once. The menu is always interesting, prepared wonderfully and taking advantage of local products. The service is among the best of any restaurant in which we've ever dined. Befitting an upscale ski resort, the clientele is a mix of locals out for a meal at the best place in town and vacationers who know where to go. Even with the current construction going on at Topnotch, it's worth the trip. We look forward to seeing the next incarnation of the restaurant after construction is done.Special Features:
- AmazingHollyDined on 3/29/2013I had the most wonderful dining experience. I was all alone and I was seated by the window with the most amazing view of Mt.Mansfield. My waitress Abigail was wonderful and very attentive. The cheese plate was amazing and there were so many great items on the menu, I went back the next night. Again, I had another wonderful experience. I will definitely go back again the next time I return to Stowe. I can't say enough about Norma'sSpecial Features:
- Nice, quiet relaxing place..greatWillDined on 3/28/2013Nice, quiet relaxing place..great food and great service!Special Features:
- We ate here two out of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2013We ate here two out of our three nights and one lunch during our visit to Stowe. The food, service, and ambiance made all visits special. The mussels, shrimp dumplings, crab cake, chopped salad, butterfish, beef short ribs, flatbread, and key lime pie were all terrific. The duck was not as good as we hoped, but everything else was delicious.Special Features:
- Sat at the bar (both of them)OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/11/2013Sat at the bar (both of them) and ate at the "chef's tabel", where we could watch the kitchen in action. It was a quiet night and we found everyone to be friendly, the food and wine good.
- Mary, the bartender, was great-OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013Mary, the bartender, was great- made great suggestions. Our server was also superb. Had a fantastic mealSpecial Features:
- Overall great place. The diningczeczeDined on 3/1/2013Overall great place. The dining room is small, new, and well decorated. Open kitchen one side and huge windows looking out to mountain scenery on the other. The food was interesting and very good.Special Features:
- Definitely Recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/28/2013My wife and I come to the Top Notch Resort and Spa for special occasions, and always look forward to eating at Norma's. The food is excellent. I've never had a bad meal there. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Disappointing Dinning ExperiencemikesDined on 2/9/2013This is our third time dinning at Norma's and our last visit which was Saturday evening February 9th was very disappointing. There was a young crowd of people at the Bar and they were extremely loud. This seemed to change the entire atmosphere of fine dinning. I ordered the chicken thighs and it was extremely salty and I was drinking water the entire night. My husband ordered the short ribs which were just alright. The desert was also disappointing the Berry Crumb was mushy and seeemed wet...All in all not a great experience probably will not be returning anytime soon.