Tiburon Fine Dining
8256 S. 700 E.
Sandy, UT 84070Neighborhood:
Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tiburon Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tiburonfinedining.com/
- Phone: 8012551200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ken Rose
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private room available for a minimum charge that seats up to 40
- Private Party Contact: Ken Rose 8012551200
A word from Tiburon Fine Dining
Tiburon Fine Dining has quietly become one of Utah's premier restaurants. Tiburon is located in the south end of the Salt Lake valley in an unassuming building that formerly housed a fruit stand. But don't be fooled, Tiburon serves award-winning contemporary American cuisine ranging from pan-seared Beef Tenderloin with Foie Gras and Madiera syrup to Black Sesame-Crusted Ahi Tuna with Honey and Soy Marinated Carrots. The Crab Cakes consistently win best in the state and the salads are raved about by the locals. But it does not end with the food, service is always top-notch. Led by a staff that has been with owners since its opening in 1999, guests always feel welcomed in the warm and friendly atmosphere. And in the Summer with it's patio dining. Tiburon is the place to dine in the South Valley.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Tiburon Fine Dining - Best Restaurants in Holladay / Midvale / Sandy / Union ›
Tiburon Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (93)romantic (79)great for outdoor dining (62)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (22)good for groups (13)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great food, odd atmosphereEasyTigerDined on 7/3/2014Tiburon sits in an old repurposed house in Sandy. The walls have been decorated nicely but you can still tell you're in an old house. It's a little different. The food is great but the menu doesn't change much so you can only go a few times unless you want to repeat the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatfoodeeDined on 7/3/2014The food is usually great. ..but the halibut special was overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We have been to Tiberon many times. It is one of our favorites. We enjoy the salads and desserts. Great job.Special Features:
- TiaRose99TiaRose99Dined on 6/28/2014Excellent service and wonderful food. If you want great food and fine dining, I would recommend the Tiburon. The Pork belly was excellent. The sauces over our main entrée were delicious. I had the Elk and it was wonderful. If you like fine dining, great food and service, then you must go to this restaurant! Thank you Chef and the staff of Tiburon for making my night!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantlovetodine3Dined on 6/27/2014Im still waiting for the Chilian Sea Bass to come back as a special........hurry please!! Otherwise, it was very good as always. However, the steak was tough this time and the waitress, was so kind and gave another one to replace it and the second time it was great. Love this place!!Special Features:
- bubbaDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten here quite a few times. We are never disappointed. Always where I want to go for anniversary or birthday dinner. Love, love, love the compound butter. I could make a meal on that and salad. But we also get the elk. Keep up the good food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!sbllivingwellDined on 6/26/2014The food is always of the highest quality. While the food is my number one priority, my second is the service. There is nothing worse than a restaurant that has wonderful food but poor service, this is never the case at Tiburon. The service is always excellent, such a pleasure!Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerFrescoDined on 6/20/2014Third time at Tiburon and each has been successful. Seated promptly, great service and very good food; can't help you with the wine list because I don't drink. I think the menu is limited, compared to other good restaurants, but we have found something interesting on visit. Tenderloin was wonderful and cooked to order perfectly. My halibut special was slightly over cooked but still very good. No choice on salads, just the house edition which was good. Chocolate mouse was very good and large, big enough to share for us after a big meal. The outside dining area is very nice and quiet but you will need to request it in your reservation if you want to be sure of a table there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JLMaybsDined on 6/17/2014There is nothing exiting about the resturant , way to expensive to be a family place , not cozy or scenic enough to be a romantic place . I had the Elk , ( which was excelent probably the best in town ) but thereafter , nothing special about the rest of the food. Service was also good , but nothing over the top. If you can afford it , its a good solid resturant that probably won't let you down but in its price range Im looking for a WOW factor that somehow never came to the surface.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Tiberon is absolutely one of the best restaurants in Salt Lake City. The menu is outstanding and offers a great variety. Their prices are a bit high for their serving sizes but that is normal for fine restaurants. I love their tenderloin of beef and have now gotten it the past two times we've visited the restaurant. You can almost cut it with a fork it is that tender. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingGr84dateDined on 6/14/2014Great food in a relaxing friendly environment the menu is full of unusual original choices that make you want to come back and try something different each time..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is amazing.Cindiof7sistersDined on 6/14/2014Wonderful food. Great atmosphere. Small, and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROBERTDined on 6/14/2014THIS WAS OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THE RESTUARANT. WE WERE IMPRESSED WITH THE EXCELLENT SERVICE AND FOOD. A GREAT RESTUARANT FOR SPECIAL OCCASIONS . OUR SERVER WAS THE BEST. THANKS FOR A GREAT TIMESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfuldiningoutDined on 6/14/2014Time after time, our dining experience with Tiburon is always consistently wonderful. The food is as good as one can get anywhere in the valley. The service is impeccable and is hard to beat. We love dining outside and the setting, now updated improved, makes it even better. Still our favorite place to dine. Thanks Tiburon for never disappointing us.Special Features:
- Delicious and beautifulshjeppDined on 6/13/2014Everything was excellent! From the food to the decor. I had the lamb and my boyfriend had the elk and both were superb! Beautiful patio and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio was greatBobBVIPDined on 6/13/2014The patio was great, service was excellent, had appitizer and the they did allow time before bringing out salad, wine was good. Tried the Elk and it was great, would reccomend it. Have been there numerous times and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- Not a place I would returnfoodiesDined on 6/9/2014I was visiting from out of town hoping to be wowed! Instead I was served warm cocktails, like warm appetizers (not hot), and dinner that was good but not great. My waitress was new...hence our dirty plates were left on the table throughout our meal. I would NOT recommended this restaurant to anyone.
- still her favoriteSassyDined on 6/7/2014The addition of Cajun spices to the sesame-crusted ahi notwithstanding, this is still my wife's favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GF/DF - no problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014Our server - Jenny - took great care of us - and was so clear about which items on the menu I could enjoy with my food allergies. We were so surprised that everything still tasted fantastic - no lack of flavors!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite in the SLC areaLisabDined on 5/30/2014Tiburon gets high marks for maintaining quality in all areas. We've been coming here for years, and have never been disappointed. The Elk, Lamb, and beef tenderloin are all dishes not to be missed--and the crab cake and the scallop appetizers are fantastic. A big thank you to Ken Rose and his staff for making every meal memorable!Special Features:
- Great food, small glitchtomberDined on 5/27/2014We had filet mignon, lamb and the special of the day, halibut. All were very good. Had dinner outside. Only problem: dishes were not hot. Bread served is nothing special. Prices are high $36-40 for entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureAmandak1988Dined on 5/25/2014We sat outside and the weather was perfect! Great wine and food and service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeLBWebDined on 5/25/2014We enjoyed our anniversary dinner out on the patio. The waitstaff was timely, polite, not overbearing and knowledgable. The food was delicious. I plan on returning in the near future!Special Features:
- The following 873 reviews are from the Tiburon Fine Dining reviews archive.
- For Meat LoversMaMaAlDined on 5/17/2014The menu is simple and mostly delicious. However, if you are not a huge meat eater, good luck. There are no salads on the menu. Yes, their house salad is delightful and comes with every entree - but no other salad choices. Pork belly (kurobuta) appetizer is splendid, as is the Kobe top sirloin. I had the lamb tenderloin - I found the mustard demi glace to be far too strong; it took away from the delicate flavor of the meat (which also had competition from way more than a dusting of cracked pepper). Other than that, great meal and will be back.Special Features:
- Birthday funhotrodDined on 5/17/2014Took My older Brother for his Birthday! he had salmon i had chicken both was amazing tho i wished i had his salmon!! pricey place but was way fun and tasty!Special Features:
- Super findKiwisueDined on 5/16/2014This was a great restaurant. An unexpected treat. Food was excellent. We sat outside it was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standing OvationJTuesdayDined on 5/16/2014Everything about my experience at Tiburon was enjoyable. It was a bit hot inside the restaurant even with the double doors propped open. I mentioned it to our waitress and we were promptly moved outside. They even offered to carry the table out if there were no empty tables outside. The food was amazing from start to finish and the wine selection was hearty and not overpriced. I had the elk cooked rare and it was a masterpiece. The service was excellent, well mannered, and fast. The table placement was a tad odd to me, but I believe it is due to the size of the place. I will be returning as soon as possible.Special Features:
- Sandy GemAppsDined on 5/15/2014This was our first time eating here and the food was exquisite. The staff was very friendly. Great deal and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BynicholsDined on 5/13/2014WE went here for our birthday and enjoyed very much!!!Special Features:
- RickDined on 5/11/2014Servers are very friendly and helpful plus the food is amazingSpecial Features:
- Favorite special event locatinTheLoveClanDined on 5/10/2014This is the place my wife and I go for any special event. Anniversary, Mothers Day, etc. It's on the expensive side, but it's always great. I especially like late summer when many of the ingredients are from their own garden.Special Features:
- ImpressiveCandiDined on 5/9/2014This place is fantastic. Everything was great from start to finish, including the service. Delicious food and great atmosphere. The elk tenderloin was very juicy and flavorful. I would love to come again and everything else on the menu!Special Features:
- Great FoodRachelDined on 5/9/2014We ate dinner here and the dinner and service were fantastic. We are picky, but we thought all the food was well executed and delicious. The ambience was just ok. It seems like a place that belongs in Sundance, not right off a busy road, but that was just our personal opinion.
- Nice Night OutGoodTimesRollDined on 5/9/2014I went to Tiburon because I found an online deal. IT WAS DELICIOUS! I ordered their signature plate, Elk. It was very tender and smooth. I went for a night out with my brother and he ordered the ahi tuna. There was a ginger soy glaze that was just right. The ambiance was nice because we were in an enclosed patio area with huge trees outside creating a naturally private canopy. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Good but not greatALLONSDined on 5/7/2014As stated a positive experience but not pressed with service. However, the food predation was excellent. Overpriced for setting! It was a special evening. An anniversary which was noted when making reservation. I expected a mention or something noteworthy. Not to be.
- FantasticJasonDined on 5/3/2014This was my first visit to the Tiburon and I will plan on going back. The food was fantastic and the service was good. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to go out for a Special Occasion. We had the Crab Cakes and the Beef Wellington. The bread with their Balsamic Herbed Butter was to die for.Special Features:
- Excellent foodClintODined on 4/29/2014I've been here twice and can't get away from anything but the elk. Huge fan of wild game, and this is easily the best I've come across in Salt Lake City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so awesomepsalmistDined on 4/27/2014Staff is nice and do pay attention to detail, however VERY uncomfortable chairs (you definitely don't want to linger any longer than necessary), restaurant was overly dark, and beef was tough and hard to cut although elk is very good. A few tough green beans and lackluster mashed potatoes are included in meals as is unremarkable bread, although the butter spread is quite good. Food was overall just fair and yet priced high, over $50 per person. Not a top recommendation, and three stars are given only because staff is nice
- Fabulous Find!luv2eatoutDined on 4/25/2014Each time we've gone to Tiburon we've enjoyed exquisitely prepared dishes and outstanding service! Last night we had 8 in our party and almost everyone chose a different entree. The Beef Wellington was superb as was the Elk, Beef Tenderloin and the Lamb Tenderloin (yes, we did quite a bit of sampling). The salad was crisp and refreshing with apple, candied pecans and a hint of dressing that was light and yummy. The service has always been great and last night was no exception. We were celebrating a college graduation and the staff made sure that the flowers I had ordered were on the table when we arrived and they even prepared a special dessert for our graduate. It was a perfect evening - delicious food and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat here every time in SLCBnnealDined on 4/25/2014Tiburon is south of SLC in Sandy, and worth the drive. We even stay near by so we can just cab it to and from the restaurant. Then we can enjoy the great food, service and wine with no worries. Everything is fresh and prepared perfectly. It's a place to enjoy at leisurely pace and savor everything about it. We come from Colorado maybe once or twice a year and ALWAYS eat here.Special Features: