La Fontana Della Citta
1701 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
La Fontana Della Citta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.lafontanadellacitta.com/
- Phone: 2158759990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bujar Daku
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: 10 people and up
- Private Party Facilities: Business meeting, Birthdays, Weddings & Rehearsal Dinners. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Bujar or Rafael. 2158759990
A word from La Fontana Della Citta
Jersey Shore pilgrims might be familiar with La Fontana Del Mare ("The Fountain of the Sea"), the award-winning restaurant in Strathmere. Owner Rafael Kupa is excited to bring his most popular dishes to Philly at this new "Fountain of the City," a 100-seat BYOB right off Rittenhouse Square.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
La Fontana Della Citta reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)romantic (20)great for outdoor dining (18)special occasion (13)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BYOB which generously offeredOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2008BYOB which generously offered wach of us a glass of a fine complementary glass of wine when we forgot to bring our own. Very attentive service.
- This tiny place was way overOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2008This tiny place was way over booked. There was a long line to get in - I'm assuming these were people w/o reservations, because we were able to get seated pretty promptly, although we had to climb over another table and jostle the diners to do so. The hostess and wait staff made no apologies, so I assume it's like this all the time. My companion and I were going to leave because it was so loud and unpleasant, but the diners we clobbered coming in (our table was 2 inches from theirs) overheard our conversation and said to stay because the food was worth it. The food was quite good, but we both decided to never return because the dining experience itself was so bad - maybe a lunch visit would be better.
- Good food and service. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008Good food and service. We did not like the frozen fruit with the frozen ice cream in it that we could not even spoon. But the place if very cozy inside and pleasant outside. Some of the tables wobble. Very popular in the neighborhood and has a vibrant scene after 8-9pm.Special Features:
- I had an 8:30pm reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/26/2008I had an 8:30pm reservation for a party of 4 on Saturday, April 26th. After waiting for 30 minutes, the hostess said they would be clearing tables and we would be seated in "just a few minutes". After waiting another 15 minutes, watching 2 other parties of 4 being seated, and being told by the hostess "just 5 more minutes", we left. Quite honestly, even if we had been seated in 5 more minutes, I was so frustrated at that point, I didn't even want to eat at the restaurant anymore.
- Valet parking advertised onOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/26/2008Valet parking advertised on web does not exist. Bread was stale. Service was mediocre. Food was excellent, but if they can't control the large groups (birthday, bachelorette party, etc.) they sholud be in separate rooms or separate nights. The noise was insufferable and obnoxious. The salads, entrees, and desserts were excellent. I don't think we'll be back unless they do take-outs! DavidSpecial Features:
- the place was nice, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/25/2008the place was nice, the food was incredible. the value was unheard of. the service was fast and efficient. i would definately go back againSpecial Features:
- What a wonderful BYOB! IOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/25/2008What a wonderful BYOB! I felt like I was back in Italy, from the food, to the atmosphere, and most of all the service! I will definitely be back many times over!Special Features:
- I felt like I was back onOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/23/2008I felt like I was back on Mulberry Street in NYC. Outstanding!
- A very nice BYO with delicious,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2008A very nice BYO with delicious, albeit standard, Italian fare. Lots of outdoor tables make for lovely al fresco dining in this generally quiet just-off-Rittenhouse neighborhood.Special Features:
- While the food is well preparedHappydinerDined on 4/11/2008While the food is well prepared and the prices OK, there are too many tables and so the crowding and noise is overwhelming. The bussing staff removes your plates before all are finished eating. The overall feel if one of being too busy and unintimate. Not a bad neighborhood place that is reliable, but not a dining destination.Special Features:
- The ambience is reminiscentSakiVIPDined on 4/9/2008The ambience is reminiscent of South Philadelphia, the service friendly and disorganized but the food is excellent. My seafood soup appetizer was of superior quality. I ordered a bronzino special, filleted at the table. I can not remember the last occasion when this service was so efficiently performed. The fish was also perfectly cooked and delicious. My husband's vegetable antepasto was too vinagary for my taste, but his seafood over capellini, also a special, was terrific. By my count, there are 6 other Italian restaurants within a two block radius, but we will be back to this one.
- The experience was quite pleasant,MaestraBDined on 4/7/2008The experience was quite pleasant, but this was a lunch, so there were very few people there. That made for a quiet room and a very attentive waiter, which was great, because I was having a business meeting and we were able to converse comfortably. I suspect at dinner time the experience is quite different.Special Features:
- The problem with the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008The problem with the service arose from the reservation time. This restaurant does not maintain open tables for reservation. They operate more of a first-come, first-serve restaurant, which was frustrating for me and many other patrons who also complained about having to wait over an hour for a table for which they had made a reservation.Special Features:
- This is my second time atjoanneDined on 4/5/2008This is my second time at this restaurant. I have referred several people to dine there and they have. On both occassions, I did feel a little rushed but did not mind because I had other plans.Special Features:
- we were placed in a cornerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/4/2008we were placed in a corner table right next to the kitchen with the kitchen door opening and closing almost on one of our chairs, what they called a table for 4 was really a comfortable table for 2. the table experience was responsible for my less than stellar scores above.
- I have gone there many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/4/2008I have gone there many times. When they first opened they were NOT good. Later I tried again and have been happily surprised. They are not on my list of favorite BYOBs. HOWEVER, this last visit made us rething...The food was wonderful as always. However, there were TOO many people and several parties going on which made it way too noisy. We could not talk amongst our own table and got headaches. We asked to be moved but there was no where to go. We almost left but did not. If it is that noisy again we would reconsider our visits there.Special Features:
- It was a very late lunch whichOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/3/2008It was a very late lunch which is why I checked quiet. I have had dinner there and I felt the lunch was better. I had a special request for the preparation of my entree and they were very accommodating about and did it perfectly. I will return.Special Features: