601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: 4153394750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)scenic view (139)romantic (118)fit for foodies (113)great for outdoor dining (89)great for lunch (77)notable wine list (74)great for brunch (70)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (38)kid-friendly (31)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (17)late-night find (9)Show More
- We loved it. We will definatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/31/2008We loved it. We will definately return. Great food and service.Special Features:
- The food was great. SomeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/31/2008The food was great. Some of the plating was strange (for example, the container for the soup was much too small on the lunch tasting menu, making it impossible to eat more than 75% of the soup). The service, while friendly, was very amateurish. No one seemed to be coordinated. Waitstaff forgot to bring water, bread, cutlery, you name it. It seems that the restaurant has been open long enough now for these sorts of errors to have been corrected. But other than that, the experience was very pleasant and we will return often, I'm sure. A lovely spot.Special Features:
- A wonderful addition to thecritDined on 7/30/2008A wonderful addition to the dining scene in a spectacular setting.Special Features:
- I havew been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2008I havew been to this restaurant three times; twice for lunch and once for brunch. While the place is lovely, the restaurant has major service problems. Getit figured out!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/28/2008Very enjoyable dining experience. We will return.Special Features:
- We had a lovely, relaxing,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2008We had a lovely, relaxing, fortunately VERY QUIET and peaceful lunch is a beautiful setting. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Staff was great, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2008Staff was great, food was exceptional, and could not be more pleased with the little lunch I hosted there. Our server Misha, is a rare find.Special Features:
- I'm hoping it is just becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 7/27/2008I'm hoping it is just because they are new, but we were disappointed. I will give them another try. We were there for brunch and hour after they opened. The place was about one-third full, yet they had already run out of orange juice. An hour into being open! The portions are about the smallest I have encountered in any San Francisco area restaurant.
- The greeting was unprofessionalOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2008The greeting was unprofessional and it took 10 minutes to be seated even though there were only 2 couples waiting. Overpriced, stingy portions. Eggs Benedict came on such a small plate that you could not put your knife down without it slipping off. A tiny ramekin of hollandaise was served on the side for 2 orders. Had to ask for more. No salad or side on plate at $15 or $16. Just the two eggs tarragon on top) some kind of roast pork & muffins. Ordered spinach on the side which helped. No bread brought to table. Our waitress warmed up after we were super nice to her. She got a croissant for us to try. More of a sense of abundance would help. The same $ at Nick's Cove netted Eggs Benedict overflowing with fresh crab, salad, bread.
- Thought the hostess couldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2008Thought the hostess could use some work (0 customer service/politeness training). Had a terrible martini at the bar. Food was excellent as was the service. When they turned the lights down each hour the change was significant and everyone in the restaurant looked at the lights to see what was going on (an that happened a few times during the night). The lights should be brought down gradually not in one full sweep. Outstanding Wine Guy too. He stayed and talked to us and was helpful!Special Features:
- Service was excruciatinglyYumyumgivemesomeDined on 7/26/2008Service was excruciatingly terrible. We waited 20 minutes for our table, service at the bar was slow and the bartenders not knowledgeable. Table service was also slow. We never received water after asking two servers for it, we constantly had to try to flag down people for attention, food timing was slow, and when we requested condiments twice, it never came. Overall service was inattentive, lacked coordination, and was not knowledgeable. Food portions were small, food was okay to good. The burgers were above average though small, and the duck confit was bland and boring. The setting is absolutely beautiful though and the wine list is amazing.Special Features:
- Ao (I hope I spelled her nameOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2008Ao (I hope I spelled her name right) took care of us at our table, and recommended the Chef Tasting menu. She was right on the money! It was absolutely perfect. The entire staff treated us 1st class. We cannot wait to return. Thank you, Ao, for making it such a special evening for us. Sincerely, Ralph and Dawn BajaSpecial Features:
- too expensive and really smallpauladavidVIPDined on 7/25/2008too expensive and really small portions; juvenile service
- food was outstanding, settingOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2008food was outstanding, setting is beautiful; service was extremely uneven, not up to the quality of the food. Seemed chaotic & even a bit unprofessional. I've been there once for lunch, when the service was abysmal, but it was a gorgeous day, the food was outstanding, we sat outside & had a good time, despite the outrageously bad service (amateurish, servers seemed poorly trained, nothing was coordinated, we received wrong items or no items, took way too long for everything). At dinner, it was better, servers seemed smarter & more professional, but still chaotic & very, very slow -- shouldn't take over 1/2 hour to get drinks.
- Very enjoyable meal. TwoOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/23/2008Very enjoyable meal. Two people loved their mussels. I had Halibut wrapped in bacon which was very good but the bacon seemed somewhat slimey and greasy, but I suppose it can't be helped or the fish would be overdone! The broccoli rabe was very tough! We'll try dinner next time.Special Features:
- While attentive, there wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/20/2008While attentive, there was a long pause between the first and second courses. The dinner portions are small, but the desserts are normal sized.Special Features:
- Service slow and inattentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2008Service slow and inattentive - lots of staff walking around, but challenging to get their attention. We were seated at 7:30 and didn't get the wine we ordered, or even have the opportunity to place a food order, until a little after 8:00. Sweet Pea Gazpacho and Sweet Pea Ravioli outstanding - sturgeon and steak entrees good, not great, but tomatoes on salad lacked flavor, halibut very overcooked and desserts adequate.Special Features:
- Excellent offering of food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2008Excellent offering of food. All was wonderful. Service was excellent. Waitress was charming.Special Features:
- They were out of quiche forOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/20/2008They were out of quiche for brunch and we got there when the restaurant opened! We were seated in the middle of the dining room when all the tables around us were empty. Had 11:30am reservations and got seated at 11:50am. Restaurant too fussy for the vibe of the entire lodge. Needs work.
- At this time we could notnonameVIPDined on 7/19/2008At this time we could not recommend this restaurant to anyone! The service was painfully slow and only two out of the five dishes we had were acceptable. The kitchen and management do not seem to understand how to accommodate both hotel guests and the general public. They accepted too many reservations for the peak time and the kitchen and waiters were unable to keep up with the demand. Just because they have a large dining room does not mean they can serve that many people. It is new, so lets hope they get their act together. Although we were staying there, our first dinner was so unpleasant we chose to go into to town fo all subsequent meals including breakfast and lunch.
- I requestd a table w/ a view.4touristsDined on 7/19/2008I requestd a table w/ a view. My guest had a partial and I had none. Food was very mediocre. Service was very slow. Had told hostess it was my guest's birthday which I also indicated on my reservation, and no candle or anything was done to celebrate the day. For an upscale, expensive restaurant that has the former Meadowwood Chef from Napa , it was very disappointing. Omelet didn't come w/ bread. Parkerhouse roll served. Dinnerware didn't match anything on the table. Nice bread and butter plates from Heath but the sugar, creamer, coffe cup and saucer didn't match anything else on the table. Some pieces still had tags on the bottom and were from Costs Plus or Pier 1. I would not recommend this restaurarant! Not for foodiesSpecial Features:
- Our previous (and first) experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/19/2008Our previous (and first) experience at dinner some weeks ago was a transporting experience. This brunch was just "good". The attention from our dinner server, Sierra (sp?), far outshone the very competent service at brunch. The ear-piercing fire alarm malfunction certainly didn't add to the experience, as we all sat with fingers in our ears while our food went cold. Apologies and explanations came quickly and sincerely, but something more (a glass of bubbly on the house ?) would have made a much bolder statement. Apart from the gorgeous vichyssoise and the unique split pea gaspacho, the food was fine, but not brilliant. We will be back... but only for dinner or a late lunch in the bar.Special Features:
- Outdoor space is really limiteddineoftenVIPDined on 7/18/2008Outdoor space is really limited and just for drinks, but RIGHT THERE is the Golden Gate Bridge!! Inside, the food is local and inventive; the historic details are marvelous.Special Features:
- Exquisite beauty of the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/18/2008Exquisite beauty of the dining room, view, and surroundings combined with the great service and delicious food and drinks made for a very enjoyable and memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Good food,very scenic. TheLJK1Dined on 7/17/2008Good food,very scenic. The bread was excellent. Halibut was a little dry. The quail was excellent. Our server disappared for a good part of the evening--perhaps he was assigned to too many tables. Two of the wines we ordered did not seem to have been stored properly--the champagne "needed" to be iced down--unacceptable for a fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Lunch menu was somewhat limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/17/2008Lunch menu was somewhat limited, though everything we had was good. The squab and lobster salad was delicious, but for $21, the portion was one of the tiniest I've ever seen - I understand why there were only three small medallions of lobster and a comparable amount of squab, but there were about 6 leaves of spinach. I was hungry by 4 o'clock.Special Features:
- The setting is magnificent!CukiDined on 7/15/2008The setting is magnificent! The decor is fabulous -especially the glorious restored ceiling. The food was very good, if perhaps a little too ambitious for a new restaurant. I am sure that over time it will simplify and become as wonderful as the setting. Though the servers were friendly they leaned toward being a little obsequious. One couldn't want a better setting and as things shake down, I hope and trust that Murray Circle, Cavallo Point will become a destination spot!Special Features:
- Very small portions of exquisitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/14/2008Very small portions of exquisitely prepared dishes with interesting combinations made from local produce, fish, etc. Waiter advises that portions are small and three dishes should be ordered for each person. Unusual breads included seaweed ciabatta. Deserts were larger and quite interesting, decadent. Wine list extensive. Room was delightfully quiet so that we were able to hold conversations that included all five diners. All of us were impressed with the setting, service and food.Special Features:
- My second time to this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2008My second time to this restaurant. Service inconsistent to nonexistent. Two different hostesses and both showed little acknowledgment of us and both came across with a very spacey attitude. Food good to fair but seemed somewhat limited. Overall a great location, but everything else needs work.Special Features:
- waitress was inattentive andRilkeSFDined on 7/13/2008waitress was inattentive and apologized for her poor service on three occasions. I also am really tiring of the type of restaurant where you have a wait person however three or four DIFFERENT people bring your food. I don't think it creates any kind of efficiency. i want to be served by ONE person.Special Features:
- Its new but I found the hostessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2008Its new but I found the hostess terrible and amateurish. The wait staff while well-informed were smarmy. Tried hard, but not what the location could command. Food was good, but its clear the chef is getting ready for the local food reviewer to come through (they were all talking about it amongst the staff). All I know think that the room is mostly occupied by meeting attendees which lends for a convention-like atmosphere. That was a bit my experience. Bar is nice and eating there or on the terrace is what I'd recommend. Setting is world-class given the view of the Golden Gate. But the crew needs lots of work. I am not going back. Better to bring a nice picnic with a bottle of win and enjoy the views from Ft. Baker or the Marin HeSpecial Features:
- LOVELY ROMANTIC PLACE, THEOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/13/2008LOVELY ROMANTIC PLACE, THE ONLY THING THAT MARRED THE EXPERIENCE WAS THE ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC THAT WAS BETTER SUITED TO A HAMBURGER JOINT.Special Features:
- Dined at Cavallo Point forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2008Dined at Cavallo Point for brunch last weekend. Was disappointed by the food portions (small) and unattractive plating (very plain and solitary). Gorgeous setting and buildings, but the restaurant itself needs some work in order to be worth the drive.Special Features:
- The food, the service, andOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2008The food, the service, and the ambience were all outstanding! I only wish I could have tried more of the dishes on the menu. Everything we had looked and tasted wonderful.Special Features:
- The Saturday brunch at MurrayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2008The Saturday brunch at Murray Circle was disappointing - the food wasn't as good as expected. Several items were not as promised - cornmeal pancakes were undercooked, the smoked duck confit was an almost absurdly large portion but was heavily salted to the point of being unpleasant, and the Wagyu beef "hash" was very overcooked. The duck needed accompanying potatoes or other flavors to compensate for the saltiness. The server was excellent except when he inserted his opinions into our private discussion - not a good thing. While I plan to return to try the dinner menu, I feel that Murray Circle needs to work on food and service. In addition, the interior design is uninspiring - much like an old resort dining room - boring and pedestrian.
- We had a lovely time. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2008We had a lovely time. The staff was attentive without being overbearing or intrusive. We had to return a dish for being oversalted and they could not have been more gracious or accomodating. It was handled perfectly.Special Features:
- Concept is great, but stillbabsVIPDined on 7/12/2008Concept is great, but still has a very "working on it" feel. Service needs work. Need to let folks know that there are very few "view" tables. And you're likely to be placed in the back room.
- The jury's still out on thisedsanfranVIPDined on 7/12/2008The jury's still out on this place. The waiter was very inexperienced, and not very knowledgeable. We were completely misinformed about the wine list, and were limited to 2 pages. The food was served lukewarm, and in petite portions. We could have thrown a dart and found a better place in Sausalito.
- Loved the food but the seviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2008Loved the food but the sevice was inconsistent. The tables were spaced well so that there was privacy during dinner. The napkins were great - no white lint all over your pants. View was wonderful.Special Features:
- Waiter was not that knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2008Waiter was not that knowledgeable about the menu. Service was slow. Had to ask several times for things. Manager was very nice. Portions for lunch were a bit skimpy. We should have been better advised about what to order.Special Features: