601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: 4153394750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
258 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (163)scenic view (158)fit for foodies (131)romantic (130)great for outdoor dining (106)great for lunch (91)great for brunch (86)notable wine list (81)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (38)kid-friendly (29)neighborhood gem (28)hot spot (14)late-night find (9)Show More
- Dinner/Breakfasttrazy11Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I did not enjoy the dinner at all. Honestly, on a scale of 1-10 the meal was a three at best. We had dinner in Sausalito the night before and it was fantastic ! (Half the price). No other complaints at all ! Everything from the room to the service was fantastic. We will return but will not be eager to return to Murray Circle restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Took my dad for a pre-father's day brunch. it was perfect.Special Features:
- Disappointed...LocalsVIPDined on 6/13/2014This was our third time back. Drinks on the veranda were great and very relaxing. The guacamole was great. Dinner, however, was disappointing. Service was spotty, menu a bit limited and the food not worth the money. Salads were odd - mushroom salad with almost no mushrooms. Pork trio was not tasty. Halibut and mussels did stand out as being very good. What happened to the fabulous steak plate that used to be served and which was the reason we returned. Overall, dinner was a disappointment. Likely won't be back for more than drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KevinVIPDined on 6/13/2014I heard about this restaurant from TV shows and friend's recommendation. We went for lunch and the food is good, although slightly over-priced for what it is. The flavor was good, but not wowed. Nevertheless, the servers were attentive, but a little slow on the service. Overall, it's a good place to eat, will probably give another try for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food = amazing Service = SlowsnapsfDined on 6/12/2014We dined at Murray Circle to celebrate our son's graduation. We were greeted with a 'Congratulations' card signed by the staff and seated within 5 minutes of arriving. However, it was another 20 minutes before a waiter approached our table to take our drink orders. We ordered drinks then waited another 15 minutes for them to arrive. After 40 minutes, I had to call over the hostess to ask for bread. The menu has changed considerably...for the better. However, the waiter insisted on explaining every item on the menu to each table he was serving. While thoughtful, it was completely unnecessary and explained his overall inattentiveness. If service improves (considerably), this restaurant could be incredible with its views and menu.Special Features:
- Very good but not yet a great placeWine0boyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Our recent dinner here was very good, exceeding expectations based on many of the reviews. The rainbow chard tamales were truly an amazing way to start and the duck a la plancha (seared to be crispy on outside/juicy inside) and fresh ocean stew were very savory main courses. The salted caramel pot de creme was a nice finish to a very good meal. The encyclopedic wine list is chocked full of expensive "trophy wines" from well know producers but does include many values and an excellent selection of 1/2 bottles. Our server was friendly and knowledgeable but tended to disappear at times. The only misstep was that the wines are poured by the sommellier who apparently is not in any rush as our wine arrived after the appetizers were served.Special Features:
- Food was very disappointingAnnaVIPDined on 6/9/2014Such a shame...easy food to make special, this was an overdressed mess of a nicoise salad.Special Features:
- Excellent service, flavor lackingbeckybDined on 6/8/2014Our service was excellent and attentive but not intrusive. It was our anniversary and they greeted us with a card and Prosseco. Nice touch. The server made an error with our appetizer and brought out the wrong one. No big deal but I didn't realize until after we had left that it was not added to the bill. Several of the dishes were executed for gourmet quality but lacked boldness of flavor, too subtle in taste. A wonderful special occasion place but not on the everyday budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFIFADined on 6/8/2014Made reservations for 2 pm brunch, but unfortunately got stuck on the both bridges and arrived late. I understand the kitchen closes 2:30 and we got there 2:18, nevertheless that is not a reason to get a dead omelet as dry as a dry tortilla and my husband a blah sanduich , which had tons of avocado and very little chicken. The potato chips were grand , though. I had a mimosa and my husband a Bloody Mary and $90 later, we hurried out . Sorry, plus two expressos. I will give another chance to Murray's Circle in the future, but the taste still lingers in my brain.
- Lovely Spot for Special EveningsSFshashaDined on 6/7/2014I'd been here once before, soon after the restaurant opened, and the service had been awfully slow. This time, the service was attentive and the food was quite good. Given its out-of-the-way location, this is not a place I'd recommend for a casual dinner but it has a special feeling and is great for a special evening. The bar was vibrant but not too crazy and on this chilly evening, there were many bundled up patrons seated outside enjoying a cocktail. Way too cold for me but if you enjoy the SF fog, a great experience. Overall, while the food was good, this ambience is what I'd return for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey and mediocreAshesDined on 6/7/2014Not the best ambiance and very pricey . The menu was extremely limited and food not too impressive. Go to Farley bar instead across the hall. MUCH better.
- Would recommendozzievivDined on 6/6/2014We were recommended this restaurant by a friend back in Australia. Decided to give it a go as we were touring the area. Unfortunately weather was unseasonably cold, but the inside was every bit as good as anticipated and the food and wine list exceptional, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning views of GG Bridge and SFDocG57VIPDined on 6/6/2014A memorable food experience in a warm comfortable setting with exquisite views of the City and Bridge. A hidden gem on the Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best food ever!GardeninggalDined on 6/6/2014Fabulous food combined with attentive and knowledgeable service made this a memorable evening. Oh and did I also mention the beautiful setting? Our waiter always knew what to ask, when to approach. The menu was incredible, lots of interesting choices.Special Features:
- SidskidDined on 6/4/2014I so enjoyed the quiet and roomy Murray Circle dining room... Even the bar did not have the usual din. Good ambiance, great company, food had no notable dishes. Serving room temperature butter has not gone the way of the trilobites after all. Service good. Prices competitive . A place to hang when you want to wait out commute traffic. Have drinks. Poggio in downtown Sausalito far superior food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprises -- good and not so good.mealmeisterDined on 6/4/2014I don't believe the restaurant's website mentioned that the restaurant side of the house closes at 2:00 (before reopening later for dinner guests) relegating late lunchers to the bar side with its more limited menu. Our server, Frederic, was stretched a bit thin but was helpful with menu suggestions and ideas for the order in which he thought we would enjoy our several items (we were grazing on a number of small dishes). My lunch guest (her birthday) and I enjoyed our very long visit and Fr's shift ended but not before he gracefully introduced our new server. His replacement was delightful and got the word from Fr that it was my guest's B-day. She surprised her/us with a plate of delicious chocolates. Valet parking is complimentary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menuRenitaDined on 6/4/2014The food was very good, some unusual combinations. The only detractor was a horsefly that continually harassed us during lunch. It landed on our wine glasses a number of times. The service was excellent, and the ambience was very relaxing. I think we closed the lunch seating!Special Features:
- The whole packageDebbieDined on 6/3/2014Great food, professional service, a beautiful dining room, wonderful bar and cocktails, and a fabulous view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whipped Bone Marrow...and more!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014The dining experience at Murray's Circle is fantastic. We enjoyed both a dinner and a breakfast there and were delighted both times, particularly with the service, which is exceptional. One of three appetizers we shared was a crispy portion of pork belly with a flavorful sauce, just perfectly prepared, but the main attraction to the dish was a quenelle of snowy white whipped bone marrow and it was nothing short of divine. We also shared the charcuterie plate and a roasted marrow bone with a balsamic glaze that was pretty wonderful, too. Had a yummy loin steak for the main. Great wine list--we found a 2004 Montevetrano that we rarely see in US--knowledgeable staff, nice ambience with a view of San Francisco across the bay.Special Features:
- Special AnniversaryFoodieBudsDined on 6/2/2014Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, we were treated to the best table, complimentary champagne and a sweet card. Very kind staff and delicious food. Very memorable with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceLorinDined on 6/2/2014We went to Murray Circle for a late lunch after an afternoon drive. It was a weekday and very mellow, inside and out. The food was very good. I got the pre-fix lunch and the fish was outstanding. The restaurant is in an old army barracks type building, redone tastefully. The views were somewhat filtered because of the smaller windows, typical of the era and style, but the room was laid out nicely and had a small fireplace. The adjacent bar looked inviting, but I didn't got in. The restaurant is set well away from the bay, but the surrounding open space is very impressive. There was a nice porch dining area as well, but was a little window so we choose the inside. The valet was quick and curteous, as were all the stafSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Food was excelent but as a lot of places to eat lately the service was very poor. Plates were left on table and no attention to needs. Requestes for things had to be repeted a number of times. If not for the service I woould have given this five stars!Special Features:
- dinerVIPDined on 5/31/2014I am giving 5 stars for food as it was so much improved over the last few times. Service remains strangely disjointed.Special Features:
- delicious. a bit formal.jmhucbDined on 5/31/2014Great choice for a slightly formal treat. Food was superb. Smoked stone fruit salad was surprising and excellent. Halibut in broth with choclo (large corn kernels) main course was delicious. No vegetarian entrees listed but they allowed us to pick a pasta dish off the tasting menu and it was superb. Crowd was a broad range of ages, from elderly (2 tables at least) down to 20's. Mostly 40's-60's, which added to a generally slightly staid feel. No children in sight. Service was thoughtful but slow. It's a beautiful spacious room, but the feel was a bit formal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndThenVIPDined on 5/27/2014Our first time there. Lovely!! A little hard to find, but worth it.Special Features:
- NOT fit for foodiesvgrantVIPDined on 5/26/2014This was my second time dining here and have been disappointed each time. The server wasn't able to accurately describe the dishes on the menu. The vegetables were under-cooked and the lamb over-cooked. We were rushed through our meal (so the staff could go home?) - In and out of there in a little over an hour is not my idea of a fine-dining experience. The room is beautiful and the wine list is wonderful, but in the future, I'll stick to having a drink and a snack in the Farley bar.
- drkdaddyDined on 5/26/2014We stayed at the Cavallo Point Lodge and decided to book a dinner at Murray Circle. Frankly, I was disappointed. Although the service was good, the pork chop in my dinner, a pork sampling dish, was undercooked. As I cut toward the thicker portion of the chop toward the bone, it was pink and undercooked. I should have sent it back, but I had already eaten the cooked portion of it. I was going to tell the waiter, but the busboy took the plate away and I decided not to point it out. Also, the corner table we were given was uncomfortable. For the price, other restaurants nearby in Sausalito have better food, views, and ambience.
- Very good!TheoDined on 5/26/2014I thought the food here was great! I had the pork tasting, my wife had the steak. The pork chop was amazing, the pork belly was good but not to the same level. Went back for lunch the next day and had the halibut which was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience the Wow factor @ GGB.MURRAYSCIRCLEEXPODined on 5/26/2014If you want to see, feel and taste the good life, try Murray Circle, Sausalito, Ca.,you will be delighted with the all in one restaurant, view and social vibes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favourite spotBunnyDined on 5/26/2014The food is so nice. The view is beautiful. The service outside is surprisingly slow for such a high end place. Also they should clean spider webs outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loopylou1usDined on 5/25/2014Been to this restaurant and hotel several times since it opened. And steadily over that time its standards have fallen.This meal was by far not its best effort. We were disappointed on New Year's Eve by its overpriced and oddly put together menu and I should have remembered that for this occasion. Not sure what has happened to its locally sought and organic menu - food didn't seem fresh at all - salad limp and dressing tasteless. In fact there seemed to be an awful lot of canned fruit and pickled vegetables added willy nilly just to give some flavor. Not going back.
- Good place for brunchGilADined on 5/25/2014We had Sunday brunch here during a visit to the Bay Area and were very pleased with both the food and the service. The eggs benedict and sourdough waffles were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit mehMariniDined on 5/24/2014I looked for a restaurant with a tasting menu in Marin and this is the only one I found on Yelp. The view is awesome; but that doesn't justify a poorly made martini from a surly bartender for $18, nor the dinner. For me a tasting menu should reflect a chef's best creation with heart and soul poured into it. There were good parts to it, but overall it felt lacking in cohesiveness, more like what have we got to serve next; the wine pairing was just as unremarkable.Special Features:
- Poor service ruins gorgeous settingMadamePDined on 5/24/2014It's a gorgeous setting with great food. But we had an awful waiter. The delicious wine list takes the focus off the poor service:-) Cavallo Point is a gorgeous location and I was thrilled to bring my friends to lunch at Murray Circle on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Our first waiter was incredibly rude. He did not give us five minutes to sit down before asking for our order and came back every other minute asking if we were ready yet. When asked about the ingredients of the gluten free dish his response , in a harsh tone was " haven't you ever had macaroni and cheese before?" Lucky for us, he had to leave since he was closing out to go home before his evening shift. We thought he might be ill but no, he and an evening job to rest for.Special Features:
- Sitting on the porch with blanketsSc2sfDined on 5/20/2014This was a first date with a very special person. We sat outside on the L shaped outdoor sofa dining seats. The server brought us blankets to keep away the night chill, from our seat we had an amazing view of the Golden Gate and San Francisco. We were never rushed and enjoyed a five hour dining experience with excellent food, attentive patient service, good wine and each other wrapped in blankets. The history of this place and the buildings evokes a feeling of being transported to another time, a gentle leisurely time. This place is very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 2111 reviews are from the Murray Circle reviews archive.
- Murray Circle LunchbirdybikerDined on 5/19/2014We had a nice spot on the deck with a great, clear view. A bit windy but that happens. As to the food, the halibut was deemed excellent by the person who ordered it while the rest of us (3 people) had sandwiches. 2 had the pastrami and the other the avo chicken. I didn't care for the pastrami as the meat was very fatty and chewy and not very tasty. My husband only gave his sandwich an "just ok" verdict. Not sure what the other diner thought of his pastrami. I would not consider going back there again as the food is not cheap and frankly, wasn't that great.Special Features:
- Murray Circle - 3rd time therekatieDined on 5/18/2014I took my aunt to Murray Circle since she was in town from Seattle. She is a bit picky and so I never know whether she'll be happy or just complain...She had the mussels and I had the chicken salad sandwich. Both were excellent! It is in a very picturesque location and with virtually no signage to indicate that there is a restaurant there, I assume most people find out about it by accident or through word of mouth. Every time I have been there it has been a great experience. Don't miss the warm olives appetizer!Special Features:
- No Reason to Dine HereAjwsfVIPDined on 5/17/2014Unless you are a guest in the hotel and want to walk to meals, there is no reason to make the trip to dine here. It feels very much like a hotel dining experience...somewhat institutional and soul less. The food was at best only fair. For example, a grilled tuna salad nicoise was an overwhelming giant pile of limp overdressed mixed greens, literally 5 green beans, 1 hardboiled egg, 3 slices of boiled potato and 6 slices of tasteless seared tuna. If you can get a seat outside, at least you have a pretty view across the green and down to the water. Service was attentive, on a positive note.
- ExcellentExplorerVIPDined on 5/17/2014The property is a hidden gem. You just can't go wrong, lunch, brunch, dinner, a snack in the bar. Outstanding wine selection and really nice variety of food choices, including gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2014Delicious food-best pork chop ever. Nice ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.