601 Murray Circle
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cavallopoint.com/dine.html
- Phone: 4153394750
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday – Sunday, 7am – 11am
Brunch: Sunday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Lunch: Monday – Friday, 11:30am – 2pm
Saturday, 11:30am – 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday – Thursday, 5:30pm – 9pm
Friday & Saturday, 5:30pm – 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, French American
- Executive Chef: Justin Everett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Join us in Farley Bar every Monday, 7pm - 9:30pm for an evening of vibrant live music. Complimentary – all are welcome.
A word from Murray Circle
Cavallo Point's acclaimed restaurant, Murray Circle, under the direction of Executive Chef Justin Everett is one of the Bay Area's top culinary destinations. Murray Circle features a locally sourced, down to earth menu served in an elegant and historic dining room with casual and attentive service. Whether escaping your home kitchen mid-week or celebrating a special occasion, Murray Circle and Farley Bar offer a personable retreat. Located above Farley Bar, The Cooking School at Cavallo Point offers hands-on, demonstration and celebrity guest chef classes for cooks of all levels.Continued
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Make a night of it - the Ultimate Date Night package includes lodging, $100 dining credit, breakfast for two and more! http://tiny.cc/gmwskw
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Murray Circle - Best Restaurants in Sausalito ›
Murray Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
249 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (159)scenic view (153)fit for foodies (131)romantic (126)great for outdoor dining (101)notable wine list (86)great for lunch (83)great for brunch (76)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (44)neighborhood gem (30)kid-friendly (30)hot spot (14)late-night find (10)Show More
- MrChoctawDined on 8/15/2014Murray Circle is a quiet, sophisticated and quality eatery with a great location and an awesome view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snocatDined on 8/14/2014Among the very short list of true crowned jewels in the bay area, Murray Circle is a special place serving incredible cuisine with stellar service.Special Features:
- A Real TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Great food. I highly recommend the pork taster and the fish stew if they are still serving them. The bone marrow was amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price.MartyDined on 8/10/2014The food at this restaurant was rather pedestrian. Ingredients were good quality but the meals were boring. The $17 hamburger for lunch was not as the $6 burgers at Phyllis. The Huevos Rancheros were a poor imitation of this flavorful Latin dish. I had an excellent hash two years ago, but it is gone from the menu now.
- Lovely ambience; service problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/10/2014Beautiful dining room in what was probably the administrative building of the military installation. But, we had NO service for the first 10 minutes, not even the waiter's acknowledgement of our presence. Then, slow service. I finally went to the check in desk to say that they needed to please take care of business and that the service was impersonal. Within a few minutes, the manager came to our table and asked everyone (we had a 7 person group), "I heard there is a problem with the service." Sorry, but that is idiotic , and a perfect way to ruin the ambience and good feeling of a special occasion. Completely indiscreet and amateurish. Otherwise, this would have been an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dinner, not brunchmtf419VIPDined on 8/9/2014We went for brunch, and the ambiance and locale was as upscale civilized as I remembered it from past dinners (note that there are a lot of tourists, so the baseball caps and sweatpants on the younger crowd belies the fanciness a bit). The brunch offerings had all of the traditional favorites, but the preparation was just so-so. My waffle was hard, as though it had been prepared several hours before and left sitting under a heat lamp. Service was okay, but not on par with what I'd expect from this caliber of restaurant. I will return for dinner, but likely not for brunch.
- UnderwhelmingBridget1Dined on 8/3/2014Dinner was OK. Odd ingredient combinations for some dishes. Service OK at first, looong wait for check Manager apologetic. Breakfast blah. Smoked salmon omelet, omelet with smoked salmon and pickled onions folded in middle, wtf. Couple next to us waited more than an hour for order.Special Features:
- Was expecting moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Food was just okay and I had heard such great things. Went for brunch. Service was good, atmosphere was great. Wine list was impressive, but way way marked up. I'll be back, but not for the dining room experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/3/2014We had a small bridal shower at Murry Circle. After a few phone calls Devon got us situated in a great table on the patio when we arrived. Unfortunately we were having a foggy summer day and it was freezing. The wait staff moved us into the lounge where we sat near the fire. It was perfect! The food was great and our server Fredrick was awesome. We make it over to Cavallo Point as often as possible and will definitely continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchmcheeDined on 8/3/2014Was disappointed especially when there was a hair in the waffle batter. So disgusting. Will never go back the cooks should wear nets over their hair
- Fabulous Food, outstanding serviceFoodie4sureVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was my second visit to Murray Circle. It was very good the first time. The second visit topped the first. They offer a menu that I could go on and on about from the delectable bone marrow and delicious halibut to the chocolate served 3 ways. But what impressed me even more is the service staff. They are the ultimate example in providing an exceptional dining experience. Our server, Jose was attentive, engaging, knowledgable and made our dining experience so memorable. Big kudos to Murray Circle. They do it right in every way. I highly recommend this pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely settingcalifgalVIPDined on 7/29/2014as always, both the service and the food was excellentSpecial Features:
- ViewsLocalVIPDined on 7/29/2014Outside table is desirable, but you cannot reserve until you get there. Excellent breakfast items. Service a bit lacking, but views and casual atmosphere make up for it (somewhat). Daily quiche delicious.Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014A thoroughly enjoyable experience - service was extremely good, friendly, attentive and knowledgable. Recommend getting an early evening sitting and arriving 30 minutes early to take in the view.Special Features:
- rascashewDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful setting, very nice food and a special place to drive to in Sausalito.Special Features:
- A throwback of 50 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Murray Circle is a throwback to the old military base that was converted to a hotel/restaurant complex in Cavallo Point, in Sausalito, CA. The clapboard sided buildings have changed little from its historical function on Fort Baker. The food was very well prepared, with a menu consisting of Prix Fixe and a la carte menu (the latter, vegetable, seafood, meat and wild game). There is an extensive (and expensive) wine list. Spectacular views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. Very good service. Not crowded and not noisy. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Worth the trip!WallStreetLawyerVIPDined on 7/25/2014Off the beaten path, but well worth the effort to get there. Great food, service, atmosphere. Diverse menu with multiple excellent choices. My favorite place in the SF area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellentLikegoodfoodDined on 7/24/2014The attention to detail in the food was great, it made the food that much better. The food was so good you could look past the awful wait service. Hoping it was just an off night for our server.Special Features:
- ReviewKatiaJohnDined on 7/23/2014Sorry that we could only one time eat OUTSIDE during our 3 days visit. You should know that in our country we can never do this, because of the weather. Sorry that the woman who served us was so disappointed with her tip; we let another 20 on the table as we left. It is not evident coming from Belgium, where the tip-situation is very different! You should inform us first. The food was really good.Special Features:
- luv2eatVIPDined on 7/23/2014Murray Circle is a great spot for lunch with a group. Four of us had a tasting menu with a sampling of 2 little scallops, cold corn soup, chips & dip, and crispy cheese lettuce cup. My friend said the little roasted chicken breast was moist and tasty, served with arugula. We were able to enjoy our meal leisurely. We all agreed on returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Total Experience!OneBadMaaammaJammaDined on 7/22/2014If your looking for food, ambiance and service look no further... Murray Circle, based at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, has it all. Enjoy yourself and enjoy the beauty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Views Views ViewsLocalVIPDined on 7/22/2014At the foot of the GG Bridge, beautiful setting in old barracks. Patio seating perfect with our dog. Breakfast Biscuits and gravy with poached egg was very good. Service a little slow, but relaxing day and not in a hurry. Hostess forgot to put our name in under OpenTable, but got it straightened out. Lovely spot to walk the dog afterwards, on the parade grounds across the drive.Special Features:
- 60th Anniversary CelebrationOrcadianDined on 7/21/2014Accompanied by family my wife and I had a 60th wedding anniversary dinner at Murray Circle which was perfect in every respect, friendly reception, well positioned table with bridge views, efficient service staff, gourmet level food, excellent wine and pleasant music by a nearby pianist. The dining areas are appropriate for casual or more formal dining experiences - special, but not stuffy. Farley's Bar is the more lively area and is great for lunch as experienced on previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedfoghornDined on 7/19/2014Original food combinations, tasty, but very heavy dishes. The raw oysters were a disappointment, small, flavorless and not fresh. The 'dipping sauces' were sad. The mignonette too acidic, the other intolerable but the cocktail sauce good. The menu was very confusing; it could have been more straightforward and less 'artsy'. Desserts were all heavy. No refreshing desserts. Not a good finish to a heavy meal. Lunch: good quiche with an inedible crust, not good for an acclaimed pastry chef. Greens were all fresh and vinaigrette was good. Overall, the experience was definitely unique. Murray's Circle was spotlighted on 'Check, Please'. It was nothing like that review. This restaurant was very "Marin County". We left very disappointed.Special Features:
- Murray CircleMarykayDined on 7/19/2014This was an excellent referral by the concierge of our hotel when I asked for a restaurant in Sausalito. We took the ferry round trip from San Francisco which gave us all the views. Then we walked to Murray Circle from the ferry landing. It was a good bit of exercise getting there and we enjoyed the fantastic views along the road lined with eucalyptus trees. We didn't have any views from our quiet almost private room table, but the ambience and service were lovely and professional. My halibut served on a bed of risotto was delicious and prepared perfectly. Others had burgers and the lettuce cups which were tasty. The truffle fries were light and flavorful, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningCCJCVIPDined on 7/18/2014We took a friend here for dinner, she had never been, it was a great experience for her, we loved the food and dessert was delicious. Beautiful setting. We will be back!Special Features:
- Once again greatraftcommanderDined on 7/18/2014Lunch with the girls. Arrived early to have outdoor seating. Service, especially Fredrick, friendly and helpful. Water glasses never got to empty. Mussels great, Chx sandwich wonderful, fish of the day beautifully presented. Arugula flatbread needed more goat cheese. Will order something else next time. That was the only negative of our visit. Becoming one of my favorites in my neighborhoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerMJandSPDined on 7/17/2014The staff were attentive and helpful. The apparetif was excellent Starter "tamale" very bland expected better taste. Main course and starter were great. Melon and tangerine sorbets were out of this world. Would definitely revisit perhaps on a nicer day so that we can sit outside. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting!PatientleeDined on 7/17/2014Historic restoration - magnificent view of the Golden Gate Bridge - innovative menu - wines and spirits - impeccable service - what more do you need to know before you go! Don't miss the seafood stew!Enjoy the warm hospitality from the entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedyummDined on 7/13/2014With early dinner reservations on a Sunday we encountered many enjoying the outside deck and the Farley Bar-- a beautiful day--loved it all !!! The boar ribs were terrific...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cavallo PointpfarrmaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Murray Circle is definitely a wonderful restaurant in an amazing setting. It's a location that I keep going back to because I always feel as though any stress I might be carrying around just melts away the minute I turn onto Murray Circle. Of course, a lot of that is the anticipation of eating at a restaurant with very good food, excellent service and a calm, serene environment. It is a world away from the crowded, noisy and trendy eateries elsewhere in the Bay Area.Special Features:
- Great Ambience Great SpotFoudie1Dined on 7/9/2014This place is tucked away in a beautiful spot near the north side of Golden Gate Bridge, in a refurbished former military base (Fort Baker). The bar area and restaurant have warm and traditional feel with fireplaces and leather seating. Menu offers good variety and food was very well presented - I had quail with black rice and my wife enjoyed an excellent salmon. Bar service was outstanding, restaurant service was very good although slightly understaffed. Overall great experience - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experiencejjfood4thoughtDined on 7/4/2014Cavallo Point is a lovely, laid back property. The restaurant was also a good experience. The food was very interesting and the 100 page plus wine list was fun to review. When it came to a wine suggestion the sommelier listened to our preferences and guided us appropriately! We would dine here again as we felt the quality of the food compared to what we paid was a good value. The chocolate trio for dessert was memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad service, food too saltyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/3/2014we were asked if we had any food issues.. reply was gluten and lactose... the marrow came with potato chips instead of toast, But the duck arrived with spaetzle and it took 30 minutes to get a new plate.. we were all finished by then.. My halibut was too salty to eat but since we had serous duck issues I did not send it back. Admittedly the manager did not charge us , however we would have preferred great service and an opportunity to enjoy a meal. go once, see the building, Ft Baker, but be prepared for poor service.etcSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/3/2014We came with an older couple. They had trouble finding reasonable parking. It seems to be a regular problem. Murray Circle was fine and a dependably well run place. Service was timely and the food is good, if a little oversize for this age group. A doggy bag was provided!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder First ExperiencemarkchambersbrayDined on 7/1/2014The experience was delightful. All the staff were friendly and very warm. We were treated very nicely. The food was delicious. The only surprise was the casualness of most of the diners. For us it was a special occasion night. I would love to go back for lunch and experience the outdoors. The property is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant!luvCavalloDined on 6/30/2014We stayed at Cavallo Point on a stopover before leaving for Maui. When we arrived at Murray Circle for dinner, we mentioned to one very nice gentleman that we were on our honeymoon. Next thing we know, every person who needed to be was notified of this, we were seated with the best view if the Golden Gate, given free champagne, and a congratulations card. Stellar service and 5 star management. Oh and the food and wine were unbelievable! One of the best experiences we ever had. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, allergen-friendly foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014We were delighted with our experience at Murray Circle - we noted on our reservation that two of our party had food allergies, and the server made absolutely sure that we had an excellent, gluten, dairy, and corn-free meal. She made us feel comfortable and cared for, and not at all as though we were a nuisance.Special Features:
- Average for lunch.GreatVIPDined on 6/29/2014Made specific reservations for outdoor seating for lunch. Once my husband and I arrived, they stated we would have to "wait" - although they gave in to a woman that pleaded for an outdoor table. Very disappointing that we ate in the bar. Lunch was a simple sandwich for both of us served with chips. $50. Very disappointed. Will not be back.
- Great foodscfoodDined on 6/29/2014Excellent location and views are great. Nice indoor and outdoor ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.