Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
2173 Route 28
East Harwich, MA 02645Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wequassett.com/
- Phone: 5084303000
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Hackney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: twenty-eight Atlantic's private dining room offers the finest mix of atmosphere, food and service that Cape Cod has to offer. It can comfortably accommodate exclusive events for up to 40 guests, with sweeping water views and two private outdoor verandahs, located directly adjacent to the venue.
Please contact our Catering Sales Director for further assistance in planning your event.
- Private Party Facilities: Adjacent to Twenty Eight Atlantic is their private dining room offering a spectacular waterfront view with an outdoor Veranda.
- Private Party Contact: Kalson Pang 5084303023
A word from Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort
A posh waterfront location, spectacular cuisine and superb service combine to create a unique Cape Coddining experience. Twenty-eight Atlantic is the resort’s signature restaurant and enjoys the highest ratings on Cape Cod from Forbes, AAA and Zagat. Eight-foot windows frame the panoramic views of Pleasant Bay, while Shaker-style furnishings, hand-blown glass chandeliers, nautical etchings, Limoges china, Riedel stemware create an atmosphere of eclectic style and quiet luxury. Chef James Hackney’s distinctive menu celebrates native and seasonal ingredients with creative, award-winning flair.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort - Best Restaurants in Chatham ›
Twenty Eight Atlantic at Wequassett Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (108)special occasion (103)romantic (94)fit for foodies (66)notable wine list (46)great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)great for brunch (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Enjoyable experienceDTngDined on 5/3/2014We dined Saturday evening and had a lovely experience. Service was top notch just the right amount of attention. The setting was beautiful. The menu is high end fine dining. Our food was good but not memorable- my husband had the scallops and they were slightly over cooked and I had the halibut that was under seasoned. We enjoyed our night out but the food was not the highlight.Special Features:
- 28 AtlanticTKTW11Dined on 5/3/2014What an incrediable evening. We invited friends who are re-locating off Cape for a send-off meal. They had never been. The room was warm and inviting, service was impeccable, and our food just fantastic. We had codx2, and scalliops x2 for our entrees. There were lots of wait staff moving around the room but we did not feel hovered over, nor did we feel the least bit of pretention on their part. They were just THERE when we needed them, and even when we didn't even know we did The squid app a little disappointing but the parsnip/almond cream soup was amazing. Soft maple cheesecake and the Brazil topped it all off. Glad I planned the dollars. It's really okay to list the prices on the website.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, service & locationBrklynDine123Dined on 4/26/2014This was the best meal we had on our 6 day trip to the Cape. The restaurant is a little on the fancy side (there is a dress code), but the ambiance, setting, view, service, and food are all outstanding. I would recommend this for a special occasion. Wonderful.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!bperkVIPDined on 4/24/2014We have been dining at 28 Atlantic for many years. The food is always terrific, the service is always outstanding and the views always spectacular. Pricey, but worth every penny. The landscaping throughout the resort alone is worth a visit. Renovations completed over the last several months have brought this already exceptional venue over the top. We'll return many times during the season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbchasvbDined on 11/9/2013The evening at 28 Atlantic is an example of a restaurant exceeding lofty expectations. The sole and the the turnip soup appetizers were spectacular. The soup was one of the two most memorable soups I have ever had in my life, with subtle and complex flavors. The entrees of mushroom risotto and scallops ina butternut squash puree accented with pomegranate seeds were both memorable. The wines by the glass were both excellent, with generous portions served, unusual these days in fine restaurants that seem to focus on maximizing profit from the wine list. A great experience with gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening.kpodDined on 11/9/2013This dining experiencxe was one of many gifts I gave my husband for a signature birthday gift. We had been told by many friends that 28 Atlantic is the best restaurant on the Cape. The service was fantastic and bar service well above expected. However, the meal itself could not compare to quality in the Boston area, i.e., The Metro Bar or Eastern Standard where I had comparable entrees of seafood - seared scallops. The total bill was very pricey given the mediocre quality of prep - sorry. I am a gourmet cook with high standards and expectations for a $200 bill for 2.Special Features:
- Pate was heavenly; dessertseywineDined on 11/2/2013Pate was heavenly; desserts fine; duck poor; pinot noir from Oregon and red Burgundy both excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resort luxurylovetoeatoutDined on 10/31/2013This restaurant is aiming for resort style luxury but falls short as it delivers more on style than on good basic food. Unfortunately we shared the entire dining room with one other couple and wished we'd gone to the resort's less formal restaurant. The service was excellent and the servers were personable and attentive.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceJenniferDined on 10/26/2013Couldn't have asked for a nicer special dinner out with my husband while we were on the Cape to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Everything was perfect! Yes, it's pricey, but for a special evening out, it's worth it!Special Features:
- Chef's Tasting Menu was Fabulous!ErnieDined on 10/18/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at 28 Atlantic. we were seated by the window overlooking Pleasant Bay. We both ordeed the Chef's Tasting Menu which began with two wonderful oysters and a lovely bit of Foie GRAS and apples. The main courses were a delicious roasted cod and risotto , and a beef tenderloin that was beautifully prepared and tender enought to cut with a fork. The dessert and coffe added to the wonderful meal. Our server, Vivienne, was welcoming, professional and very knowledgeable. Her support staff made certain that our wine and water glasses were refilled, and that dishes were served and cleared in a timely manner. We look forward to retuning to this wonderful place.Special Features:
- Best restaurant on cape. Food,EnjoysfoodVIPDined on 10/11/2013Best restaurant on cape. Food, ambiance and service was wonderful. Loooking forward to a return visit .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative dishes well executedDrewDined on 10/11/2013Creative dishes well executed attentive and engaging service gorgeous dining room wine by glas was generously pouredSpecial Features:
- Wonderful eveningJogrisDined on 10/5/2013We were there for an anniversary celebration, the food the service the ambiance everything was superb. Thank you for a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were not disappointed!!!GwbellDined on 10/3/2013We were not disappointed!!! Food and service was excellent! My husband and I both had Carmelized Scallops, served with wonderful vegetables..... delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twenty AtlanticOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2013I have been to 28 Atlantic several times and as always I had wonderful experience. The service is impeccable and extremely friendly, the menu adequate and the wine list extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Sustained FoodsForgetthis1VIPDined on 9/23/2013This is the perfect restaurant for home grown or caught fish served so well. We enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High ExpectationscapeloverDined on 9/22/2013Small portions for price, bland salads. Chef''s selections for food combinations poor. Waitstaff pretentious.Special Features:
- AnniversaryNumber10Dined on 9/21/2013My wife and I enjoyed ourselves. The ambience was very nice and it fit the occasion which was our 10th anniversary. The thoughtful gift when we arrived set the tone in a positive way, and the complimentary lobster and tomato bisque were excellent. The scallop ceviche was excellent. I had the Cod entrée, my wife had the Atlantic Halibut. Both were nice, but not outstanding which was what we expected based on 28 Atlantic's reputation. Our server seemed rushed, and was not overly accommodating. I would provide a specific example, but there is not enough room in the space provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compliments to the ChefRickDined on 9/21/2013We were extremely disappointed with our seating arrangement having been placed next to the wait station. Our 2 person table was located in a very high traffic area resembling a foot race. The wait staff was overworked and spread very thin. They ran themselves ragged. We saw other 4 place tables with only two customers in much quieter areas. The food was exceptional and the highlight of our evening. Surprised to see 18% service charge added to our bill for a party of two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Favorite Restaurant ~Bones1Dined on 9/18/2013Our dining experience was superb! The service, food and ambience could not have been better. It was truly a "first-class" evening and "Gideon" our server was more than exceptional as well as the manager who came to check on our experience and graciously kept thanking us for joining them....the service level is a "10". We truly felt "valued" by all throughout the evening. We will return.......Special Features:
- Fabulous dining on Pleasant Bayfancythis72VIPDined on 9/14/2013This is an excellent dining experience. It is wonderful from the welcome to the dessert. The lobster special with grapefruit was really tasty, I had the carmelized day boat scallops which had a wonderful sauce. The view over Pleasant Bay is outstanding so you should try to eat before sunset. The service is always very attentive.I think they pride themselves on personal attention. It is expensive but it is definitely worth it for a special occasion or just a night out. The decor is lovely with all floor to ceiling windows overlooking Pleasant Bay. We always look forward to dinner here.Special Features:
- TopsBuckeyeDined on 9/13/2013Outstanding service(but not overdone) with wonderful food while overlooking a beautiful Cape Cod scene. A required visit every year when we are on The Cape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and a beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2013We had not been here in a couple of years, and had not been impressed on our last visit. However, this time was wonderful. Food was delicious, and in addition to what we ordered, we were treated to an amuse-bouche of crab salad with avocado, and chocolates and madeleines to take home came with the check. We especially loved the chocolate tart for dessert, which came with molasses ice cream. Not a combination I would have thought of, but very good. Service was also excellent too. The only thing that could possibly top the food is the view out over the marsh to the Atlantic Ocean. Try to go early enough to get a window seat; it was worth having dinner at 6 to enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect PlaceRichardBanksDined on 9/8/2013The Wequassett Resort's 28 Atlantic was beyond our expectations. The service was unhurried and the server very knowledgeable about the food selections as well as the wine. The view of Pleasant Bay can't be beat and the food itself was excellant. Great fish that was clearly fresh and properly prepared and presented. Whether dining with someone special or a small group this is THE place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!MamaMiaDined on 9/7/2013Everything about this place was excellent! Def will go back next summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2013We have been to 28 Atlantic several times. The food is always reliably excellent (though somewhat overpriced). This time, the service was extremely slow-3 plus hours for a party of 2 with no special requests. Will probably go back again, but was disappointed with the pace of serviceSpecial Features:
- Lovely restaurantAliceDined on 9/7/2013This is a very beautiful setting for a restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. However the noise level in the restaurant made it nearly impossible to carry on a conversation with other people at the table. Since we were meeting with friends we hadn't seen in awhile this was very disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a fur coatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2013After the obsequious and arrogant maitre de finally showed us to the table (he answered his own questions...) it took two requests to get something to drink, even though the restaurant wasn't full. Right away we also asked for a blanket or perhaps a bit higher temperature because it was FREEZING. WHY do so many restaurants do this? Save energy and make the guests more comfortable AND the food taste better by turning the a/c off when it is in the 60s outside. After the second request, which was after the entrees, the maitre de acquiesced to our request with an upturned nose. We're not going back there even though the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Always fine diningCapedineDined on 9/1/2013We have been here for romantic dinners, as well as to entertain our friends and family. Enjoyed by all-food, wine and views of Pleasant Bay. We look forward to our return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good choice for a relaxingBrdinersDined on 8/31/2013Very good choice for a relaxing visit with friends. Not rushed, table for the evening. Very good food and many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely perfect dinner!!!!!nordineDined on 8/31/2013Absolutely perfect dinner!!!!! Food was outstanding. Service was superb. Our third time there - each and every time the same - fabulous!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family GatheringSpecial5NnightDined on 8/31/2013We had dinner at Twenty Eight Atlantic for an end of summer family celebration. Everything was wonderful from start to finish. From the time we entered the grounds to the time we departed, we were greeted and directed by friendly and professional employees at every turn. The hors d'oeuvres, wine and meal were all terrific. The presentation was spectacular. Our primary waitress was very knowlegable regarding the menu and specials as well. She was ingtelligent and friendly and had great timing as well. I would recommend this reataurant for any special occasion and, of course, you can't beat the views of gorgeous Pleasant Bay, aptly named! Keep up the good work, Wequassett Inn and Resort!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and moreLocalfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2013Wonderful location, food, and service Only complaint: where did you get those oysters? Size of clams. Never in50 + years have I seen so small
- It was already dark by theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2013It was already dark by the time we arrived. We were brought to an excellent table by the windows. The view from that table must be spectacular in the early evening, but there is nothing anybody can do about the darkness on Pleasant Bay. Otherwise, everything was outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful!HappycustomerDined on 8/24/2013Absolutely delicious! Wonderful ambiance and great service. The portion size was just right, without feeling like I was completely stuffed. Highly recommend this to couples or small groups of adults looking for a nice night out, with good food and great atmosphere. I would not take a child under the age of 13 to this restaurant. It is really meant for adults and fine dining. I will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingKAS1VIPDined on 8/23/2013Fine dining in a wonderful environment. A must if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reserve for that special occasionFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/23/2013We had a spectacular meal, the food was imaginatively presented, clearly fresh and local. Wine list, though not extensive, is good and appropriately priced. Service was generally good but spotty and varied by person. Overall, a delightful experience and a very special meal. Overall pricing is high, but setting unusual and food extraordinary, so recommended for those very special occasions.Special Features:
- Great view, bad serviceCapeCod20VIPDined on 8/22/2013Sorry to write this review. I have dined at this restaurant for many years and have found it to consistently be the best on the Cape for food, service and view. However, this time it was different. Food was good (not great) but the service was downright terrible. I felt that I was eating in a low-end chain restaurant, not a top rated hotel restaurant with prices to match. Managers tried to make it better but everyone else was poorly trained and behind in service. It wasn't even busy when we arrived. I hope they can fix the service issues or I won't be back.
- Very nice but the waiter neitherMKWTDined on 8/20/2013Very nice but the waiter neither took the time to tell us the specials nor asked if we'd like coffee with dessert! It was a little disappointing given we were celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointingBorn2EatNYCVIPDined on 8/18/2013So we were really excited to go here since the reviews looked so good. Unfortunately there were a number of disappointing parts of the meal. 1- our waiter wasn't around very often so the service was really lacking. 2- ordered the duck, medium, and they brought it well done. Sent it back and they brought out what I think was the exact same duck, well done. By this time my table was done with dinner. Ordered the lobster which was good but was really not hungry any more so I didn't enjoy it. 3- no attempt to give free dessert or anything. Instead they added an 18% tip to the bill. Overall this could have been a spectacular place. I know everyone makes mistakes but the way they handled it was not accepable for a restaurant of this caliber.