10030 S. De Anza Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkplacecupertino.com/
- Phone: 4088731000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am-10:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Brad Kraten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have intimate private dining rooms for 40 or ballrooms for sit down weddings or events for 200 people. Please contact Lesley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Host your own special event with us. For personalized reservations please call (408) 873-1000
A word from Park Place
Park Place is an exciting restaurant located in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Cali Mill Plaza. Park Place offers beautiful outdoor dining as well as a comfortable dining experience in the bar or the cozy dining room. You can even stop in for cocktails by our outdoor firepit. Park Place features fresh produce and locally grown specialty items. Chef Brad Kraten's seasonal menu celebrates his contemporary American take on the best that California has to offer. Think delicious housemade sausages, hand cut filet and pan roasted halibut. Park Place's Specialty cocktails and more than 80 wines make up the eclectic bar menu. Whether it's a quick drink with friends or a special dinner with a loved one, Park Place will fit the bill!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Park Place - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Park Place reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (12)special occasion (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Great Food - Excellent ServicemelodyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The chef was able to accommodate my vegan diet by holding back the cheese on the pear salad and wild mushroom flatbread. My husband enjoyed his soup of the day and slider appetizers. The service was excellent, and the water glasses were always filled promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKHappilyDiningVIPDined on 3/13/2014The menu is nicely varied and the food is consistently good. Service is usually a little off. They seem to mean well, but never quite return in a timely manner w/ salt, sugar, whatever or there will be a long delay with the food etc.....I dine here about every other week (their menu appeals to a large number of my clients) and it's always a safe, but not exceptional option.Special Features:
- Hotel bar/restaurant great foodcarolVIPDined on 3/7/2014I always enjoy the food and this time we got a lot of sides and small plates. I did get a main course of sea bass which was fabulous.Our guests were impressed and all agreed we would return because of the food. Perhaps they were low on staff because we had to hunt down and ask for everything we needed. like water, iced tea, and bread which was promised and didn't come until we reminded them. When the food finally came we forgot about the service and marveled over everything.
- Okay dinner at this barCalgourmetVIPDined on 2/28/2014First, this is really a bar, not a restaurant, which means if there are a bunch of rowdy people on a Friday night, it is going to be loud, as it was when we were there. So, if you are looking for a relaxing evening to unwind in a quiet place, this is not a good option.Overall, the food was only okay and not quite what we expecetd based on reviews. The duck nachos were mostly chips and sour cream and not much duck (very disappointing), but the tuna salad and cobb salad were fine. Service was pleasant. We will probably not be going back as this is not the sort of restaurant we prefer.
- Try something newttttDined on 2/28/2014This is hotel restaurant, the appetizers was good but the main course was unimpressive. Good for happy hour.Special Features:
- Quiet brunchariesengrDined on 2/22/2014The food here is always good although the service can be a little distracted. Love that they have a dog-friendly patio.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Experience95014cupDined on 2/17/2014Made advance reservations Seated promptly Half of the restaurant was full which means they are not busy that day which is no excuse for good service! Silverware missing for a few guests, reminded the waiters many times. They passed us each time and wouldn't get them. Food arrived and needed to remind them on silverware. Drinks refills were very late Check was late They didn't care much about service. Noticed other tables were also not getting a good service that day
- Kitchen ProblemsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 2/15/2014Food was mostly good. The sliders were average but everything else was good. Staff were nice but seemed frazzled. The kitchen was slow when we came. Every table was waiting for their food.
- OverbookedshowgoerDined on 2/15/2014The restaurant itself may have been nice, but we wouldn't know... We were seated in a hotel conference room across the hallway. The food was marginal, and quite expensive, but the service was very good. It would have been more enjoyable had we not felt like an afterthought in a drab alcove... Next time we'll go elsewhere. :/
- Good elaborated food. Expensive. $1OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2014Good elaborated food. Expensive. $15 for a glass of wine is too much.
- Sliding qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2014We have been to this place on 5 or 6 occasions. The last visit was disappointing. Turkey burger was dry, herbed French frys came without herbs and the creme burlee had a gooey top instead of the hard torches sugar. This was just my meal. The beef shot ribs my mother in law had were dry. Disappointing to spend $200 for sub par food. We were told the chef was off for the night to watch the Super Bowl, so I guess that means our food was prepared by a line cook. The shift manager told me that she actually torched my (redone) burlee ( uneven crust, not well done). Although the waiter was very nice and attentive, it was hard to get the waitstaffs attention as there was a lot of time fussing with the televisions in the bar area. Skip it.
- Excellent dining experienceColvinDined on 2/1/2014First time here - Kenny our server recommended the soups - Buttermilk squash * my husband had the crab chowder and for dinner the Salmon dish... Amazing !! We had excellent table service; the food was served hot. While waiting we were served tasty bread...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good crab chowderChefrjVIPDined on 1/26/2014Great place to have a late night snack and not get mobbed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodLouiseVIPDined on 1/24/2014sorry to say, our steak was riddled with sinuy(?) material that made it very difficult to chew. we both ordered the same thing, and they were similar. they were too busy to even bother asking for replacement. we definetly will go back but void the steak!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Great and Not AwfulpalovoiDined on 1/22/2014The setting is great and the menu is OK, service is suitable but the food itself was so-so. The pork chop was dry and not a lot of favor. The Cobb salad was just OK and short ribs were not all eaten. Hopping place with nice ambience but the food has to be better.
- Flat iron steak and sauceTravellerVIPDined on 1/22/2014Flat iron steak and sauce were very tender and flavorful. Excellent menu choices and nice wine by the glass choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It started well with a warmOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/18/2014It started well with a warm greeting and reasonably prompt service. However, service went down hill from there. After I had completed my main course and my dishes had been taken away, I was ignored. Others around me had been given dessert menus soon after they had finished their main courses. No one ever brought me a desert menu. Finally, as I was at risk of being late for performance near by I had to flag down a server and ask for my check which I paid and quickly left, just barely getting to the performance on time.Special Features:
- Great Food Ambience LocationFrankVIPDined on 1/17/2014We had lunch o a Friday afternoon. Great tech crowd! Lots of energy and fun. Had lunch outside on a beautiful day. Weather was courteous and attentive. All-in-all a nice afternoon with an old friend. Park Place is a must for those who want to experience the heart of Silicon Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeGirlsNightOUtVIPDined on 1/13/2014We come here regularly. This time we didn't have any of our regular servers, and they were missed. It was a Monday night, so maybe that it why? We were disappointed with the service for the first time ever this last trip.
- Nice spot in the heart of CupertinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014I am very happy with my choice to get together with friends for tasty bites and a drink. The place is quiet, not crowded and the atmosphere is nice. I will definitely go there again. Thanks. JS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again I was pleasedVictoriaVIPDined on 1/11/2014We were having a private get together for the release of our magazine, so I took my group to 'Park Place' in the Cypress Hotel in Cupertino. You have to try the French Toast - they are to die for! Brunch was perfect. A group came in but did not disrupt the calm ambience of the restaurant. During their busy hours, I highly recommend making reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business friendlyLunchingDined on 1/6/2014Park Place offers a very nice atmosphere with professional staff and daily specials. The food is very good and the service is outstanding. This is a great place for a business meal.Special Features:
- Good food, terrible service.tifflerVIPDined on 1/5/2014I wasn't even acknowledged for the entire hour I spent at the establishment. My water glass was never filled once. Unfortunately, I enjoyed the food and ambiance quite a bit and I will not be returning any time soon. The manager handled the situation well. She also assured that this was not typical behavior; the particular associate was often complimented on exemplary service. I hate to pull the socioeconomic stereotype card, but that's the only logical explanation I can draw from the horrible experience. In sum, pretty good eats for the first and last time I will ever have it.Special Features:
- elegance meets refinementCGThymeDined on 1/3/2014Like a glowing yet fading sunset over the west keys... like a baby taking its first steps or a hummingbird humming its love song... there is only one way to describe my dining encounter here.... absolutely undoubtedly unmistakebly perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for groupOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014we arrived early before our reservation time. We request to sit down and have a group discussion. There us no service but the room is quiet for meeting. Great set up. All six of our group ordered lunch sandwich special. The food is with good quality. The service is attentive and prompt.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve DinnerCheryl23Dined on 12/31/2013The pre fixe menu selections were outstanding as was the price. One glass of complimentary champagne was included. Both my meal and my companions meal were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mixed BagCarrieandDaveDined on 12/29/2013Appetizers and drinks were very good. Service was mixed: took a long time for waiter to notice our water needed refilling, but otherwise good. Wife had the mussel appetizer as a main course and loved it. Friend had the mushroom Wellington; ditto. My flat iron steak was fine, but nothing special. Same for my buddy who pronounced the famous burger "bland." Highly recommend the short-rib fries. Calamari also very good. Duck confit nachos good but also a little bland. Bartender is excellent. Vibe on a Sunday night was strange. No one to greet or seat us. More like walking into a bar than a restaurant. Wine list offensively overpriced: $42 for the Fogerty Skyline ($14 retail). I might return, but would go for drinks and appetizers, not dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriternbwkatVIPDined on 12/27/2013Park Place is one of my favorite lunch places. The food is unique enough, and not limited to single style. The Mac and Cheese is always wonderful, especially with some wild mushrooms and goat cheese. The flatbreads are perfect. Located in the Cypress Hotel, sometimes it is overlooked as a restaurant worthy of a visit, but indeed it is. The outside patio is wonderful for lunch or happy hour. And the staff is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Place is consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/22/2013I've been to Park Place several times and have found it to be consistently good. I enjoy the atmosphere and the service is always professional and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're looking for bar food...fitfoodieDined on 12/20/2013Open Table lists Park Place as California cuisine, implying a menu with fresh, healthy choices. This is simply not the case. Open Table should reclassify Park Place accordingly. They offer upscale bar and comfort food that lacks creativity, aside from the build your own mac-n-cheese. The menu lacks healthy options. I wanted the seared tuna salad as my entrée, but I got it before the appetizer. The salad was good, not great. Cold fingerling potatoes were interesting, but added nothing to the dish. The smoked chicken wings were overcooked, the sweet potato fries bland and unseasoned. Service while friendly was average to below average. Overall, it was a disappointing experience. Should have stayed in and had leftovers...
- First time this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/17/2013First time this restaurant was very noisy. I appreciate it as a place to have a conversation, but this was not the case this time. Food is always good and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- park placediningOUTDined on 12/13/2013Food was average and service was lacking. Twice they brought out food to be served to the table and failed to bring dishes for us to serve them in so I had to ask for plates! It was clean and quiet so a plus there.
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/8/2013Service and food were very good. Noise level is much too high.
- Average Food plus lousy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/19/2013Went to the restaurant for breakfast. Ordered the Frittata. It was completely overcooked - like a flattened, hard piece of cardboard that needed a steak knife to cut through. The waiter was not attentive - service was lousy.
- Great foodPerfectVIPDined on 11/15/2013This place has some pretty seriously good eats!! Everything was fabulous and unexpectedly good. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Flint Center pre-show mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2013Park Place was smaller than I expected. We (husband, wife, teen son) enjoyed ourselves. We were there at 6, too early to know what it would be like later, and on a Wed. night. The driveway/parking is rather confusing. You need to turn into the hotel parking, before you're really sure that is where you want to be for Park Place. The staff was wonderful, all of them. Kind, professional and helpful. The food was even more delicious than I expected. The complimentary bread basket with garlic butter was delicious! Though would be even better warmed... We ordered the duck nachos, (yummy!) the short rib fries (I don't know how the fries stayed so crisp - amazing & my favorite) the beet salad (tasty!) flatbread (very good). Desserts delicious
- Nothing specialJosephDined on 11/13/2013To start the evening, Park Place didn't have record of our reservation, something that has never happened to me using open table. We were sat at a table in the bar area. We did not get very good service and waited a while to have our orders taken and to receive our food and drinks. The food was fine. Won't be returning to this restaurant.
- Interesting MenuPathologistDined on 11/8/2013The small dining area and bar are contiguous, so it was quite noisy on an early Friday evening. The menu is small, but very creative, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinner -Not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/31/2013It took awhile to get our cocktail. When they arrived both were wrong. I had roast chicken - very good. My wife had salmon that was a bit over cooked. Will give it one more try.
- Great happy hour. Ok dinnerJerryVIPDined on 10/18/2013I've been here multiple times for happy hour and everything was great. This time I decided to go there for dinner with a bunch of friends. Unfortunately, my experience was sub-par. First, they messed up the order (which is ok - happens every now and then). However, they took a very long time to prepare another burger... by the time it came, my friends were all done with the appetizers AND their main dishes. Now the kicker... the chef forgot to season the burger and it was completely bland. When I told the waitress about the food, she acted like there's nothing she could do...Special Features: