10030 S. De Anza Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkplacecupertino.com/
- Phone: 4088731000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am-10:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Brad Kraten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have intimate private dining rooms for 40 or ballrooms for sit down weddings or events for 200 people. Please contact Lesley at email@example.com
- Special Events: Host your own special event with us. For personalized reservations please call (408) 873-1000
A word from Park Place
Park Place is an exciting restaurant located in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Cali Mill Plaza. Park Place offers beautiful outdoor dining as well as a comfortable dining experience in the bar or the cozy dining room. You can even stop in for cocktails by our outdoor firepit. Park Place features fresh produce and locally grown specialty items. Chef Brad Kraten's seasonal menu celebrates his contemporary American take on the best that California has to offer. Think delicious housemade sausages, hand cut filet and pan roasted halibut. Park Place's Specialty cocktails and more than 80 wines make up the eclectic bar menu. Whether it's a quick drink with friends or a special dinner with a loved one, Park Place will fit the bill!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Park Place - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Park Place reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)special occasion (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- The staff is very friendlyTravellerVIPDined on 1/31/2009The staff is very friendly and attentive, the atmosphere is modern, but warm, and the food selections were nicely prepared and presented. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Our waiter was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/29/2009Our waiter was very friendly but took quite a while to get around to us. He did come back quickly one he brought the check. The food was good, but not outstanding. Parking was also not intuitive, which was difficult during rush hour. Due to our experience, we would likely not come back unless invited ~ it was fine, but not worth an extra excursion during the work week.
- Dining room was remodeleddineout1VIPDined on 1/28/2009Dining room was remodeled and has a terrible feel to it. Way too small--and lost all its charm, which is too bad.Special Features:
- it is the restaurant for aKelceyryderVIPDined on 1/25/2009it is the restaurant for a hotel, and the food is mediocre. We will not go back.
- We've gone to Park Place sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 1/24/2009We've gone to Park Place since it opened (it used to be called something else).Since our last visit they have remodeled. Upon entering the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess. She first tried to seat us at low cocktail tables in the bar. Uh uh, I said. Then she offered us a place at a real table, still in the bar. I wanted to be in the main restaurant. Turns out, that's where we were. The old part of the restaurant has been converted to a mini-ball room, very hotel generic and not charming. Our server was eager but needed coaching. Examples included forgetting our water (after she had offered) and not providing us a steak knife with my steak. Food was okay.Special Features:
- We were there early, so theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/24/2009We were there early, so the noise hadn't started. The room with the bar has a lot of ambiance. The back room has none, though it would be quiet.Special Features:
- LUNCH WAS A SPECIAL OCCASIONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2009LUNCH WAS A SPECIAL OCCASION - BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION - HOSTESS MADE SURE THAT SHE KNEW WHO WAS THE BIRTHDAY PERSON - AND SERVED A MOST TASTY AND CREATIVELY DECORATED PIECE OF BIRTHDAY CHEESECAKE.Special Features:
- The servers were very helpfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2009The servers were very helpful and pleasant. Food was hot and very tasty and good size servings, but not enormous. It was light enough to read the menu. We had a great experience on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Only $55 per person fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/31/2008Only $55 per person fixed price menu was available. Food quality was good but portions were too large (had to take a doggie bag home). Poor ambiance - we felt like we were eating in a convention hall.
- Before remodeling, Park PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2008Before remodeling, Park Place restaurant had a lot going for its atmophere and romantic setting. The spectator kitchen where you could watch them cook said trendy. After remodeling, the place has shrunk to about a quarter of its original size and the kitchen is no longer visible. The tables are now part of the bar and there are very few of them. The few they have are packed closely together. The food is very good, but not 5 star worthy. I personally thought the food was better before they remodeled, but that may have had more to do with the atmosphere than the food. While the food is still very good, I can't recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner for two. The tables are too close for comfort (i.e., not enough privacy).
- When my two friends and IMasakoVIPDined on 12/19/2008When my two friends and I arrived at Park Place for lunch on Dec. 19th, we had found that the whole restaurant was rented out by a private party. We were ushered into a side meeting room where tables were set up for people with reservations. There was a Christmas tree in the corner, so it was quite cozy. We sat at the table next to the Christmas tree. The service was still good and the food was good also. We all had the $11 express lunch--the sandwiches which came with a salad and a cookie. It was a good value.Special Features:
- Good food, some of the betterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/9/2008Good food, some of the better wines are unfortunately only available by the bottle, but the place is much too loud to have an intimate conversation due to the proximity of the bar to the dining area.Special Features:
- The food was really tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/5/2008The food was really tasty. Great house margaritas too, but $12 each! Our only complaint was the quality of the N.Y. steak. It was too marbly/grissly which made it taste oily. All else was very nice!
- Used to be an interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/20/2008Used to be an interesting large space with cool decorations. Now it is just a bland room hanging off the side of the Bar. Very disappointed. Not sure what they were thinking when they changed it. Maybe the hotel needed more meeting space, but keep the bar and give up on the restaurant if that's the case.
- Even though I had made a reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/20/2008Even though I had made a reservation, they had no table open when I arrived on time for lunch. We then had a choice between the very noisy bar and outside...the weather was iffy. We started outside but got too cold so asked to be moved in, which we were. Once settled, the food was fabulous without a doubt. The restaurant is very noisy, especially now that it has been downsized.Special Features:
- preferred old decor. foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/20/2008preferred old decor. food is still very good, though. and bar is really nice
- Easy place to go- casual food,HeatherVIPDined on 11/19/2008Easy place to go- casual food, not uptight. Keep in mind though- it still somewhat feels like a hotel restaurant...
- the stimulus menu was great.ladiesweekendVIPDined on 11/19/2008the stimulus menu was great. they offered many choices for 3 courses. enjoyed very much.Special Features:
- We went here for our daughtersOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/17/2008We went here for our daughters 9month birthday and it was perfect for location. The food was good not great but good. Service was very good, and the patio dining I loved. I definitely want to try their brunch, I think its more so the location that I lovedSpecial Features:
- They gave our opentable reservartioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/6/2008They gave our opentable reservartion away and we had to scrunch around a cocktail table.... There isn't much seating. It'ss more of a bar now. I wasn't aware at how much the restaurant had changed since it's remodel. It's not good for a business meeting.
- Even though the dining roomHerVineNessDined on 10/29/2008Even though the dining room has been downsized to make way for more banquet space, the outdoor dining is very comfortable. The food continues to be quite creative and very good, and the service is superbly friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- The dining room was much largerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/27/2008The dining room was much larger before the renovation. Now it's cut off, like there were changes in plans? Basically it's now a bar that sells their room service menu, so not many tables, some tables are very low (coffee table height) or bar height, and the reception is near the bar, not by the door. The management seems a bit scattered, uncoordinated, but still reasonably responsive. The menu seems to be the same from before the renovation. My favorite is the seared tuna salad. The daily lemonade is always tasty and healthy - pomegranate and guava have been refreshing. It's a decent place in the neighborhood for a casual business lunch.Special Features:
- I never had a chance to tasteCameronFXDined on 10/23/2008I never had a chance to taste the food - I left after sitting at my table for over 20 minutes with absolutely no service. I didn't even have my drink order taken. I even had to escort myself into the restaurant to get a table because no one was at the host stand - I should have taken the hint. The best part is that the restaurant was half empty. The only restaurant I have ever walked out of.. EVER... I will never ever go here again. EVER!
- I wonder where there staffOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 10/17/2008I wonder where there staff was on a Friday evening. Extremely long wait for waiter and when our order was finally taken and another extremely long wait for food from the kitchen. Then when the food arrived, it was less than the quality I would of expected of any restaurant other than a Dennys.Special Features:
- The food was very well preparedLindaVIPDined on 10/8/2008The food was very well prepared and all of the different dishes our group ordered tasted excellent and were very well presented. The prices were very high, and the wine pour was almost silly looking (less then 3 ounces per glass for a minimum of $9). After the remodel, the restaurant is significantly smaller, but the service was still very, very slow and hard to get acceptable service.Special Features:
- The remodel of this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 10/5/2008The remodel of this restaurant made it more of a bar than a restaurant. Although the food was very good, the ambiance and the service left a lot to be desired. Maybe when they get their outdoor seating completed, this will be a nice place to sit when eating dinner. However, we weren't expecting to eat a nice meal in the bar which has a very cold and stark feeling. If I was just going to the bar for drinks and appetizers, this would be a great place to go, but not for dinner. Also, we thought their wine list was way over priced for the quality of wines they were serving. Thank goodness we brought our own wine and paid the $15 corkage fee, which was tolerable.
- Restaurant much nicer beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2008Restaurant much nicer before remodel. Probably won't go back now.
- We ate at Park Place RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2008We ate at Park Place Restaurant on a Sunday night, so it was a little more on the quiet side, which was fine with us. The food was delicious, the dessert was tasty, and the service was friendly and attentive. My date and I certainly had a wonderful meal there. That said, one thing to note is that the layout for the restaurant is one single rectangular room, with little in terms of a division of space. Bar occupies the third of the room nearest the entrance, and then the tables occupy the rest of the space. We were lucky to have a private enough atmosphere given it was a slower time of night (Sunday night after all), but I can't speak for if the restaurant were busier.Special Features:
- Pretty Bad. Got as far asOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/22/2008Pretty Bad. Got as far as looking at the menu which contained 5 items. No ambiancw whatsoever. Bare tables that were low that touched your knees. Service lousy. We just walked out which was ok cause noone there even noticed.
- Small plates were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2008Small plates were excellent. The main course selection and preparation were average.Special Features:
- I was disappointed that opentableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/8/2008I was disappointed that opentable link to Park Place did not say the restaurant was being remodeled and it was half the normal size. It was real loud.
- Visited often before the remodel,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/2/2008Visited often before the remodel, now that it has been downsized, not close to the same enviornment. Sorry, but won't be returning. Why ruin a good thing with the remodel? The former design was great, big booths, open kitchen, excellent romantic date restaurant.Special Features:
- The design of the new dining/barGoreyGirlVIPDined on 6/23/2008The design of the new dining/bar area is not nearly as nice as the previous layout. It feels much more casual and closed-in, and the only improvement is the outdoor patio area with the firepit. Service has been very friendly and well-intentioned, but inconsistent. Food comes out at a slow pace, and in stages (for large groups). The menu is also fairly uninspiring, although the specials seem to be very nicely done.Special Features:
- The newly remodeled restaurantHate2WaitVIPDined on 6/16/2008The newly remodeled restaurant is bright and open with a variety of tables, seating and a beautiful bar. They have done away with the plush and romantic booths and made it into a business casual dining room. On my visit I enjoyed a variety of "small bites" shared with a friend. The raw oysters were especially fresh and tasty and the seared scallops also quite delicious. It's too bad when they remodeled, Park Place did away with over half the restaurant to make room for more banquet/ballroom...Hopefully this will eliminate the need to have hosted bars for banquet groups crowding into the lobby area!Special Features:
- The remodel has left it aOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/13/2008The remodel has left it a much smaller restaurant. The restaurant and bar have been integrated into an asian fusion/spanish flavor with dark browns and heavy type furniture. The seating was comfortable. The window shades need work as a fellow diner was being blinded by the sun setting. The food was excellent along with a very attentive wait staff. The menu is divided up into small bites, bigger bites and large bites. We sampled among the small and bigger bites. The samosa's, filet sliders and sides were excellent/unique. The music Friday evening was a latin guitarist who was good. They have a front and side patio that seems pleasant and is quieter. The outdoor side has a pleasant park/sculpture view. The atmosphere is casual.Special Features:
- the food is so-so(averageOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2008the food is so-so(average or little bit below average, not impressive). It is edible. Ambinance is ok, not great! Parking may be a problem! not recommend to introduce this restaurant to friends.
- Our waiter was fantastic &OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/29/2008Our waiter was fantastic & very attentive. A little noisy for a business lunch.Special Features:
- I thought that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/20/2007I thought that the food was great in both presentation and taste. We were in the area and decided to try it out. Had a difficult time finding the front door from the parking garage.
- The most undiscovered romanticSFNYTouristVIPDined on 8/30/2006The most undiscovered romantic restuatant, hope it would remain that way.Special Features: