401 N. Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://sixteenchicago.com/
- Phone: 3125888030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Lents
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Lounge/Bar on 2nd floor (Re-Bar)
- Special Events: Sixteen offers two semi-private dining rooms with unparalleled views of the Chicago skyline. Plan your semi-private dining experience in Sixteen by contacting Ariel Lickton at 312.588.8114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Sixteen
Located on the 16th floor of Trump International Hotel & Tower, the signature Michelin-rated Sixteen offers panoramic views of the Chicago skyline. Diners will delight in Chef Lents’ innovative dinner menus that showcase the highest quality ingredients in the world. Since his appointment, Chef Lents has introduced exciting new programming at Sixteen and features a thoughtful approach to modern American cuisine. Chef Lents brings more than two decades of experience, most recently as the chef de cuisine of the three Michelin star-rated Joel Robuchon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Sixteen reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (100)special occasion (99)fit for foodies (79)romantic (66)notable wine list (49)hot spot (17)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (12)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (9)good for groups (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Excellent, But a bit UptightEmilyVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food and theatrics at Sixteen were top-notch. We've eaten at all the top-rated restaurants around the city and the food was definitely on par, the "experience" seemed to draw heavily from Alinea and Next (it was definitely entertaining) and the space is beautiful. The service was good, in fact so attentive that it was impossible to feel like we were having a private, romantic dinner. There were always multiple men hovering, ensuring that we did not have to lift a finger. This attentiveness, combined with a charming but slightly defensive server, made us feel like we couldn't relax. We were celebrating our anniversary and we were not seated at a table with a view. For such an outrageous price tag, the experience fell slightly flat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go.Ryan954Dined on 5/23/2014I love gourmet food, but this was pretentious. I left hungry. It was seriously less than 15 bites of food spread out over nine courses. Without wine our bill was over $1000 with tip for four people. On the positive side, the service was good and the restaurant has a great view.Special Features:
- Food on the cutting edgeFoodieDined on 5/23/2014Outstanding food and service. Innovative use of dish ware that has that "wow factor."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to any daymiggyDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I had breakfast at Sixteen. We primarily went to enjoy the view, and it was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning!chiswsuburbsDined on 5/17/2014We are not rich people but we pride ourselves on trying some of the better establishments wherever we go. We visited Sixteen a few years ago and the food was really good -but it was really no different than many other places in Chicago. The food was then great but it didn't have that "Trump" feel to it. But now the menu and presentation has something that is almost more dinner/theater than just throwing food in front of the guests. The flavors of everything were simply stunning! The portions are VERY small but they just keep coming so you don't leave wanting more. Make sure you put aside 2+ hours to dine however and be ready for a $500+ check for 2 people or $900+ if you get the wine pairings with your meals.
- Pretty empty overpricedLyndaYDined on 5/17/2014View was great... Service was great... Food was just ok... But priced very high.... Locals must have got wind... Only 3 other tables occupied while we were there. Nice experience ... But average lunch with a great view fir 3 for $180
- Sixteen for Mother's Daydlm1Dined on 5/11/2014Awesome food, best service and you can't beat the view. We loved that we could take our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst experienceDisappointingVIPDined on 5/10/2014Other than the view, there is nothing worthwhile in this restaurant. First they force you into having one of the tasting menus - spring night or day in this case. They don't ever mention there is an a'la carte menu option. The waiters repeat a nonsense speech while serving you small dishes which it's presentation would make any Japanese to cry of how bad they are. Outrageously expensive and the food is not good; inventive maybe but not in a good way. Having been to sir of the best restaurants in the world in France, Italy, Belgium, UK and Japan... This one is the worst experience I've ever had; I can't believe it has Michelin stars. If this was not enough, we found out that they had made a charge to our card superior to the authorized by us
- second timemountainmanDined on 5/9/2014I discovered sixteen when last in Chicago for business. I found it elegant and classy. While definitely upper end, the high price was substantiated by quality and satiation. The seasonal menu changes often. My first visit there was a choice of a 5, 7 or 9 course meal. This time there was a only a 9 course meal. The web site also offered a 3 course prix fixe option, but this was not offered to me at the restaurant. They cater to you with small sumptuous tastes prior to your order, however I did not experience the satiation this visit, that I did the first time. I appreciate fine dining with small portions, but have trouble defining a item smaller than my thumb nail as a course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDiamondGirlDined on 5/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful with a beautiful view. We loved the high ceilings and the giant chandelier. The service was impeccable and the food was very good. Dining in this fashion, with numerous courses, with a theme, is new to me, but I really loved the experience. It's not a quick experience but that's also what makes it special. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best meal experiencesFoodyDined on 5/6/2014From the view to the staff and especially the food Sixteen is a truly exceptional dining experience. We had the night and day menus with matching wines which in general complemented the food well. As with most matchings there is a personal bias which results in some discrepancies. The food was perfect with clever combinations of tastes and surprises without being too complicated. The service was spot on without being too intrusive and maintaining a friendliness which isn't always achieved at this level. The view and ambience was wonderful and I would highly recommend dining here if you can afford the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SixteenInternationalFoodieDined on 5/5/2014There is a lot to improve at this restaurant. Some of the menu items were ok, some were not, none was absolutely wonderful. Service was a little sloppy. If you are a bit OCD, definitely this is not the restaurant for you as there was no consistency on service, plates sometimes were not set straight in front of you, and many other little things. Go to Tru or if you can, Alinea instead.Special Features:
- Beyond Perfection!!!Foodie4everDined on 5/5/2014I went to sixteen for my last dinner in chicago with my Dad. I asked for a window seat & I highly recommend it! The few was spectacular with a wonderful view of the city and skyline. The food was divine & as a person who had just eaten at alinea the night before(if you have not heard of Alinea & have been to Chicago then do not consider yourself a true foodie) sixteen can hold its own as some of the best fine dining in chicago. Whe I was there the chefs inspiration was a day and night menu highlighting the night & day sky. It was fantastic and we added the cheese cart to our menu as well. Cheese cart! That's right this place has a cheese cart...need I say more. Overall a must go to restaurant while in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience for special occasionEddtwoVIPDined on 5/4/2014The view was very nice of the Chicago city. The service very good all the time. The food is a big tasting menu called day or night. Expensive but nice for special occasions and romantic with the amazing viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DpsdvmDined on 5/4/2014TOO expensive. I thought the food was interesting but not worth the $185 plus price.Special Features:
- Best Meal Ever? Maybe. Probably.iwalasVIPDined on 5/2/2014I consider myself a "foodie" in that I occasionally enjoy fine dining, and I love learning about new ingredients and techniques. I am by no means as experienced a diner as some of my peers. However, among my close friends in my age group, I am by far the one dining out the most and at the high end places. Sixteen was almost certainly the best dining experience I've ever had. I dined with my girlfriend for the Night/Day tasting menu. My girlfriend is pescetarian, and every possible accommodation was made to suit her needs. Some of the dishes were the best I've ever tasted, and the wine pairings were unique and masterfully paired with the dishes. If money were no object, I would come back again and again.Special Features:
- superb service, food, wineProfVIPDined on 5/2/2014Joe headed up a great team to cater to us and quip with us. must o wine flight for the Total experience.Special Features:
- Great food, great views.WineGeekDined on 4/29/2014Food was excellent. Having two choices of set menus provided some flexibility (I went with the seafood courses, my wife did the land/bird courses). There was an optional/supplemental cheese course for an additional fee that was very good as well particularly with the 1989 Chinon. Ambience was great with excellent views of the city. Only complaint I have is that I felt a little rushed towards the beginning although in retrospect that may have been good as we were there 3.5 hours in total !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Sixteen!JuaneDined on 4/28/2014Very creative and delicious food, also the good service. Definitely worth a visit, if you are going to Chicago.Special Features:
- Just lovely!LikestoeatoutDined on 4/27/2014When people found out we had a trip coming up to Chicago they all recommended Table 52. And it really is just lovely. Great atmosphere, great staff, menu is fun. Do try the deviled eggs! Husband had the fried chicken and it was cooked perfectly. Save room for dessert as portions are huge.Special Features:
- An incredible dining experienceBrunchloverVIPDined on 4/26/2014A romantic, special dinner anywhere would be hard to beat Sixteen! The unique Spring menu, was fantastic. My husband and I both chose the day menu and loved every morsel. Our server paced the courses perfectly and gave detailed explanations for each. We also enjoyed the wonderful cheese cart. Simply perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get awayShowme86VIPDined on 4/25/2014Wonderful food, wine, and service. The presentation is a work of art.Special Features:
- The experience of SixteenGeorgeCDined on 4/24/2014The food was very good and plentiful even for the $125 menu. The presentation was excellent but the flavors could be bolder. The chocolate desert had beautiful architecture but hardly tasted of chocolate. The service was excellent with one exception: the server was pushing the two $185 menus and produced the $125 menu only upon request. The wine list is excellent but some wines, particularly French wines, are priced at four times retail. I would go there again on a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointedFeglehVIPDined on 4/22/2014First let me say the view and the service were great however the food was pretty bad. For such an expensive restaurant with 9 courses, I can honestly say none of the courses were memorable. They tried to get creative and mix flavors in each dish which I usually like but they fell short in this case. The flavor did not work well together at all. The deserts were pretty good but everything else not so much.
- 2 Michelin Stars ?mrtripperDined on 4/20/2014Made us laugh ! This is not a culinary experience but an experimentation of what it is possible to support: pretentious, ridiculous, overpaid, barely edible sometimes ! Avoid.Special Features:
- CaioVIPDined on 4/20/2014Website does not make it clear that the only dinner option is the menu.
- Watch out Alinea...DrDaveVIPDined on 4/19/2014...Sixteen is upping its already formidable game. Alinea has been at or near the top of the list of best restaurants in Chicago, and the world, for good reason. They offer an immersive dining experience that stars consistently outstanding food. While the ambience is completely different, Sixteen is in the same league and offering the same kind of experience. Like Alinea's sister restaurant, Next, the themed menu at Sixteen changes every quarter or so. The current choice is a "Day" menu or a "Night" menu, where each dish is made from ingredients or arranged to suggest different aspects of the day or night. While the themes and presentation are clever, what really counts is the food. Each bite offers a range of flavors and textures. Amazing.Special Features:
- ExcelenteEctricolDined on 4/17/2014Gran variedad de sabores hacen de la cena algo emocionante y divertido, además la atención personalizada, hacen que se sienta uno verdaderamente cómodo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LuisDined on 4/16/2014Sixteen is fantastic, the entire experience was great!Special Features:
- We went for a birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/12/2014We went for a birthday celebration for 3 out of 4 of us. This is a special occasion dining experience kind of place. The food was outstanding, the service was impeccable. I'm not going to lie, I had NO IDEA the tasting menu was the only dining option, at $185. Per person it would have been nice to know that going in, it is not anywhere on the website. It was a lovely, special albeit expensive evening.Special Features:
- Excellent food at a glacial paceWaldoVIPDined on 4/11/2014This has really become one of the "must do" places in the city for creative presentations and wonderful flavors. However, if you go, be aware that when you sign up for the tasting menu you're committing yourself to a three-hour experience. We thought at first the kitchen was slow, but the wait staff indicated this was average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LET MS START BY SAYING WEOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/9/2014LET MS START BY SAYING WE DINE OUT AT UPSCALE RESTAURANTS OFTEN. OUR EXPERIENCE AT SIXTEEN WAS NOT VERY GOOD. WE HAD THE 5 COURSE TASTING MENU WHICH WAS $105 ON THE WEBSITE BUT $125 AT THE RESTAURANT..ASIDE FROM THAT THE FOOD WAS OK BUT NOT WORTH THE PRICE ESPECIALLY SINCE WE LEFT HUNGRY. CHICAGO HAS MANY GREAT PLACES TO ENJOY FINE DINING, THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM.Special Features:
- 2 Star ExplanationRckwdVIPDined on 4/5/2014Food was fantastic, servers were great, nine course meal planned out thoughtfully. First five course served evenly spaced.with wine pairings...then nothing...went for 25 minutes with no courses or even an explanation of why the next course wasn't served..until I told the staff we were done. Very difficult to get up and leave but like the old saying goes...if you think you want more food wait 20 minutes and you probably won't. Just couldn't justify keeping my guest out past 11pm for a unfinished dinner that started at 8:30. Get your game on and perhaps you can be a top calibre restaurant. One other thing...never ever....let the water glasses sit empty on the table at the beginning of the meal....always a bad sign of service to come.Special Features:
- The serving stations offerap010043Dined on 3/23/2014The serving stations offer a wide variety of sweets and savories; seafood is phenomenal; all handsomely presented and continually refreshed. And it tastes very good! And, under the watchful eye of the Wrigley Building Clock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellent.BisneyVIPDined on 3/23/2014The food and service was excellent. I was disappointed with the view. Mainly looking at other residential and office buildings. The dining space is very chopped u,p with two smaller rooms, two corridors, and one bigger room. The main dining room was beautiful, I am glad I was seated there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Creative Culinary ExperienceJuliaVIPDined on 3/21/2014The creative menu paired to Chicago's history Was amazing ! Did I mention the incredible Views------a perfect ending. Each course was complex thoughtful and paired To excellent wine choices . The service was attentive and knowledgable to complete The evening and experience .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only Behind AlineaTroupisDined on 3/17/2014The combination of theme and presentation is only beat by Alinea in Chicago. And, although at Trump, was far from pretentious and in fact impressively welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic dining journeyRaptorAlphaDined on 3/16/2014This is now one of the top four places I have had a meal in. The service was impeccable. The food was truly outstanding. Presentation, flavor combinations where beyond approach. The tasting menu with wine parings was portioned out well. Many different courses but you didn't feel too full...just satisfied. This isn't a place that you would go to once a week. It is a worthwhile journey to try many times in a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal I have ever hadZimgalVIPDined on 3/15/2014The meal was so creative and delicious and satisfying . The staff were informative, just superb. The whole evening was just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept breakfast secretEastErieVIPDined on 3/12/2014There is nothing I enjoy more than weekday power breakfast at Sixteen. Their service is impeccable, the dining room is beautiful in the morning, and their food is delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.