Stone Creek Inn
405 Montauk Highway
East Quogue, NY 11942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Stone Creek Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonecreekinn.com/
- Phone: 6316536770x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm -10:00pm. Open 7 days. $30.00 Prix Fixe 3 course menu served all evening Mon-Thurs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Mir
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specific menus available upon request. Please contact the restaurant at 631-653-6770.
- Private Party Facilities: Two separate dining rooms are available for large parties. The smaller room holds 65 people and the larger accommodates up to 85 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine DiGiacomo 6316536770x
A word from Stone Creek Inn
There’s “first-class” dining “nestled deep” in East Quogue at this “culinary tour de force”, where the “adventurous” seasonal menu of “superior” French-Med cuisine shows off “fantastic variations and flavors” in discreetly “sophisticated” environs overseen by a “gracious” staff; it’s the stuff that “great memories” are made of.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Creek Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (73)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (42)good for groups (18)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- foodwVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great food and great service in the Hamptons! Excellent modern/French food served by professionals in a delightful restaurant. The specials are always worth trying, as is the steak tartar of the black linguini pasta with lobster or the steak for that matter. The wine list is excellent and varied. Pay attention to the owner's special selections, they are great an very well priced.Special Features:
- still outstandingabbysdadDined on 6/30/2014My wife and I had been here @ 2 years ago and were looking forward to dining here again. We were not disappointed. We had the price fixed menu, a steal for $30.My wife had the chicken which was moist, tender and delicious. I had the salmon, which was as good as I have ever had and cooked to perfection. The desserts , both the strawberry rhubarb pie and the candied banana chantilly, were finger licking good!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/30/2014Had another fablous meal. The steak tartare and bouillabaisse was outsatnding. Waitress and staff exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingRackoflambloverVIPDined on 6/28/2014It was our first time back to an old favorite summer dining experience in the Hamptons. Seated right away. However, the $45 rib eye steak, ordered medium rare, came well done. Also, no bone, which is almost always part of a rib eye. So dry!! Asked to get a new steak, the waitress said "no problem" but the manager returned with the dish, said it was cooked to medium rare like we ordered, and he would not take it back. No return to Stone Creek Inn for us this season.
- reliably goodmaxieVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great food, service & ambiance. Salads were wonderful, entrees delicious and drinks generous.Special Features:
- not as good as in the past.DinomightDined on 6/20/2014Noisy, rushed, food good but same old menue with nothing new added that we could tell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Greatelegant2eatDined on 6/14/2014One of the best restaurants in all of the Hamptons. You can always count on fantastic food and wonderful spirits to accompany. Grown up and elegant atmosphere without being too conservative. Totally worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite sublime meals and placeGourmetloverDined on 6/13/2014Fabulous, top dining experience. Sublime meals. One of the best chefs anywhere. Consistently, every dish is presented and cooked to perfection. The soft shell crab dish is the most exquisite I have ever had. Ambience and service, welcoming and superb. A relaxed and elegant setting in a beautiful colonial home. Great place to come for a romantic dinner or with close family and friends for any occasion. Terrific comfortable bar scene as well. I have come here for years and have always had a fantastic meal, literally. The only restaurant that I can say this about. The welcoming chef and his wife have created an exquisite dining experience for all. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceJohnDined on 6/12/2014We've been there 5 times over the past several years. Food selection is great and priced fairly. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 6/8/2014Always look forward to returning here to dine! Great cocktail list, wines by the glass, delicious food and wonderful gracious attentive service! My husband had a dessert with coconut (I don't like coconut desserts)...Oh my goodness that dessert sure changed my mind. Out of this world with the rum soaked cake. We honestly LOVE the food and this place can stand up to 3-4 star restaurants in the city. If you are hesitant...go dine there and try out their pre-fix that they offer during the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunspotnoneDined on 6/7/2014Everything perfect as usual. Food was exceptional, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant AtmosphereMrLewDined on 6/7/2014Flawless service. attentive service. Food perfect as ordered. Generous portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectations- a must tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2014We chose stone creek to celebrate the purchase of our new Westhampton Condo - presentation - food quality- service- was excellent - Gabrille sent us champange and dessert wine on the house - perfect for any special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 635 reviews are from the Stone Creek Inn reviews archive.
- NYC caliber dining on Long IslandMarkCDined on 5/25/2014Stone Creek Inn is very good in every regard. We found the food to be outstanding - from variety, creativity, taste and presentation. Service and ambience are both very good: youngish wait staff is unobtrusive and well-trained. Wine list and cocktail menu offer a lot of variety, with wines in every price range as well as half-bottle selections. Prices are on the high-end...even for someone used to Manhattan dining. But again, the food is excellent. Highly recommend if you are looking for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- NOT GF FRIENDLYGFBYDESIGNDined on 5/17/2014iT WOULD KIND IF YOU COULD USE GLUTEN FREE SOY SAUCE, HAVE GLUTEN FREE BREADING OPTIONS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 631foodieDined on 5/17/2014We go to Florida for 6 months in the winter and the first thing we do when we return to the North Fork is make a reservation at Stone Creek. We have never been disappointed. The food is consistantly delicious and the service is excellent. I wish there was a restaurant as good on the NoFo, but there just isn't. It's worth the trip. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Neighborhood "Go - To"ShopgirlVIPDined on 5/16/2014Stone Creek is always excellent! When we want an excellent meal with fabulous seasonal flavors, it's where we dine! Not to mention it is close to our beach house! It's our neighborhood favorite!Special Features:
- Worth a special detourEliGVIPDined on 5/10/2014Easily the best run restaurant in the western Hamptons . . . great foods and wines (with wonderful suggestions by the chef) . . . and a always wonderful welcome from the Maitre D'.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love our neighborLZeeDined on 5/10/2014It's really lovely to go to the Stone Creek Inn. We live in the city and we have a summer home right East Quogue, 22 year. Finding a nice place to eat in the city is really easy, having Stone Creek out East is even easier. It's superb and it's close. The quality of ever meal we've had here is excellent. The menu is always been full of creative dishes and choices. We haven't had one meal that I didn't fully enjoy or wouldn't recommend. From the first cocktail to the last spoonful of dessert, this place shines. And the staff is wonderful too!!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 5/4/2014There is a consistency to everything they do at Stone Creek Inn. Saturday night in season or Sunday in winter, restaurant week or any week, you can count on excellent food in a warm and welcoming atmosphereSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Great service from Gabi and all of the staff. Food, dessert and drinks were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedSDined on 5/4/2014The appetizers were excellent(mushroom soup & beet salad). The entrees were very good but not up to their usual excellence(bouillabaisse & rib-eye). The desserts were quite good but lacked a little flavor(strawberry cartwheel & chocolate mousse). Being the last day of Restaurant week could have been the reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food BUTjayworthVIPDined on 5/3/2014Food is top notch..creative menu & wonderful preparation…however prices are very high, particularly for East Quogue..in addition the tables are too close together especially in the front dining room…never mind hearing your neighbors' conversation but their chewing ? The greeter/host on our last visit was not nearly gracious enough..too much attitude for East Quogue folks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2014Great food and many choices for Restaurant Week! It was delicious and at a great price.Special Features:
- Fine Dining in the HamptonsFoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014Great location for fine dining in the Hamptons. Foodies will love Stone Creek Inn - steak tartar, wild boar, rabbit, organic chicken and others.Special Features:
- ticoinliDined on 5/2/2014Excellent restaurant amazing food....my 3rd time here....the best of the best!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeontheroadDined on 5/2/2014We came for restaurant week and the restaurant was busy. I don't know why people think it's ok to bring a whiny baby to an adult restaurant, but the people nest to us decided to. I know about babysitters etc, but it's unfair to those of us who invested to have a night out to bring an unhappy baby into this type of venue. The dinners the 6 of us ate were unilaterally delicious, and aside from the noisy infant, it was a great night out. Let's have more restaurant weeks! Someone at the table pointed out that they have a prix fixe of $30 during the week. We'll be back!Special Features:
- sweetpeaDined on 5/2/2014One of my favorite places to enjoy an excellent meal. We always have the best service and the most delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic feeling in Wine CountryTPBosworthDined on 5/2/2014The Stone Creek Inn is a beautiful reconstruction of a classic in located conveniently outside Riverhead, NY - in the midst of Long Island's North Fork wine country. The building and grounds are gorgeous - we happened to enjoy a sunset during our visit! Inside the Inn is a small bar and a number of tastefully appointed rooms accented with art that you can purchase if so inclined. Our meal was a prix fixe affair that was part of a Restaurant Week promotion. The food was beautifully presented and appealed to a fairly broad, but not adventurous, palate. The wine list was complete and represented the local vineyards as well as those farther afield. I recommend a visit to the Inn and will be returning at some point to sample a regular menu!Special Features:
- Great foodPianomomVIPDined on 5/1/2014The ambiance is lovely but the noise level is deafening when the restaurant is full. Great service. Very attentive. Wonderful prixe fixe menu for Restaurant Week.Special Features:
- DavidDined on 5/1/2014Excellent meal. Took advantage of LI Restaurant week and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECTPERFECTDined on 5/1/2014Well, it's nice to finally find a reliable restaurant that has everything going for it. Our meal and beverages were perfectly served. The food was delicious and the decor tasteful making it a most enjoyable experience. Can't wait to come back. Also, to be greeted both coming in and going out by a very nice gentleman was personable and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerandreDined on 4/30/2014The soup with asparagus and the colored beet salad were excellent. The pork loin and the wild boar were excellent. the chocolate mousse with pearls was the best ever. Megan and the support staff were excellent. Even the local wine was good. a great dinner experience, with a nice view of the park and even a pleasant parking valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/29/2014The food is always Great! Nice formal yet relaxed atmosphere! Great for special occasions. Order what you like, you will love it! We had the Rabbit and Chicken dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic with Excellent FoodHamptonsMomDined on 4/27/2014Excellent Service & Very good food. We dinned late (7 pm) on a Sunday during restaurant prefix. Restaurant was quiet and not crowded. Food was top notch.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/27/2014This restaurant has never let us down. The food is amazing and the service is superior. It is one of our favorite places go go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Timejustfood1VIPDined on 4/27/2014A wonderful dining experience ,Although LI resturant the menu selection was packed with a large selection Can't wait to go back
- Delicious!foodyDined on 4/27/2014Four of us went to dinner during Restaurant Week. The food and offerings were stellar. Everyone in our group was more than pleased. Bottles of wine were also on Restaurant Week specials. We will definitely be going back even if there are no Restaurant Week discounts.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014The food was delicious as always and the service pleasant and prompt. We noticed that it had become a bit pricy over the winter. This time, the noise level was difficult to deal with though. Maybe the fault of the table location. It was almost impossible to hear without bending towards the other dinner partners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealEastendersDined on 4/26/2014We had an early dinner at Stone Creek on Saturday. It was our first time there. The dining room is cozy and the staff were very attentive. Crispy calamari to start was delicious. I had the strip steak with asparagus and mashed. Both were prepared perfectly. My husband had the pork chops which were moist and good-sized. We shared the truffle mac and cheese. Very tasty. We finished with assorted sorbet which did not disappoint. Lots of choices on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.