1026 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/
- Phone: 7072548006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cesar Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience "Exceptional" Catering. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or an event, Ristorante Allegria can cater to your next special event. We will travel to the site of your choice for occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and/or Graduations. We offer delicious cuisine, an elegant presentation, reliable and impeccable service and we can even manage all deliveries, set up and clean-up issues. Call Rodi for details at 707.254.8006
- Private Party Facilities: The "Original" VAULT Room (up to 10 people); The Chardonnay Room (up to 26 people); The Bella Room (up to 60 people)
- Private Party Contact: Baris Yildiz 7072548006x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music Monday and Wednesday Nights with Lou Zanardi on the Accordion.
A word from Ristorante Allegria
Ristorante Allegria features Italian influenced with California Cuisine. In downtown Napa, Ristorante Allegria is located in a historic landmark bank building featuring 35 foot ceilings, a breathtaking ambiance, delicious food, superb service and relaxing Italian music. On the menu, there is chicken, home made pastas, lamb and – the signature Marinated Teriyaki Skirt Steak is not to be missed! Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and Napa Valley selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Ristorante Allegria is the perfect place for your next dining experience in the Napa ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)romantic (62)fit for foodies (59)good for groups (55)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (46)great for outdoor dining (41)great for lunch (32)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Downtown lunchLMRONEVIPDined on 6/16/2014Very prompt service at lunch. Enjoyed the ceasar salad with chicken. Everything was quite satisfactory.Special Features:
- AppreciativeTogetherForeEverDined on 6/14/2014When I made the note of making this night special due to my husband & I celebrating our anniversary, they went above my expectations. Seated us in a corner booth, served us complimentary appetizers, then with our dessert they served us complementary glasses of prosecco. We will be returning next year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experience!RissDined on 6/12/2014We had taken the trolley all day to 4 wineries in Napa. This was our first time in Napa. We found Restorante Allegria on Trip Advisor and on our tour, there were 2 locals who highly recommended it to us. Our server was Kenneth. He took great care of us. We had an appetizer of risotto cakes, which were amazing. We both ordered ravioli, one was special of the day. Ingredients were fresh and showcased local food specialties. The wine list was comprehensive for our tastes and I enjoyed a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio. We did have a reservation on a Thursday night, but this did not appear to be necessary. The ambiance was unique and romantic, a perfect end to a beautiful day in the vineyards ! We will definitely be back when we return :) !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice early dinner with the kids!RexGoliathDined on 6/11/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on vacation with the kids. Quaint little italian place, very accommodating to our allergic son. Pleasant helpful staff. We would go back, and we would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Decent Italian food at a good priceTrupeDined on 6/9/2014The title about sums it up. The good was good and the price was fair. Moderate serving size. The service was fast and the food came out super fast. We almost felt rushed. We literally just sat when bread and water arrived. Our food also came out within five minutes of ordering. I couldn't really tell you about the ambience because we weren't there long enough to notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllegriafrtcVIPDined on 6/9/2014Restaurant was in a old bank building and had a beautiful interior. Food was very good and service was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Food was great, have heard always consistent and plenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dinner4777aggiDined on 6/5/2014I do not know how this Italian establishment received the excellent marks, because the food was very average and almost tasted as if prepared out of a Cisco truck. The place is loud and cramped where large groups take over the ambiance of your dinner. I had the chicken & pasta & the protein was very dry & poorly seasoned.
- consistently goodlabixbyDined on 6/4/2014Thank you; we visit occasionally as we do not live in Napa It is consistently good and service is with a smile! lbxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.MiltonboyDined on 5/29/2014Great service, from entering the restaurant, through service, and leaving. Was very noisy, even though there was not a lot of people. Had the sampler and a Caesar salad - after wine tasting all day, we were not too hungry. The only complaint I have is that the piece of bruschetta that I had was overly soggy from the tomato mix that was placed on top. It may gave been sitting too long before bringing to tha table. Nice surprise for my wife was the addition of tempura asparagus that was added. As I don't eat it, she got too have it all - if I was on my own, this would have been a waste. I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianemtnDined on 5/25/2014Make reservations because wait for tables starts early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/25/2014I'm a Napa local, and always enjoy this restaurant. Food is outstanding and the service is great. Bread pudding is to die for. Absolutely love. I work at a local hotel & refer our guests here all the time. Took my mother here for her birthday this weekend and had incredible service. Trevor was our waiter, he was very attentive. When he noticed I didn't finish my meal, he wanted to make sure everything was okay. It was delicious, I was just saving room for dessert. Thank you for great service & always a divine meal.Special Features:
- Random combinations, bad serviceloveportofinoDined on 5/24/2014wouldn't recommend it. Bad service, took 3 visits from the waiter to get water. No refills were ever offered once we got drinks. Got the cabbage salad but it was warm. Unexpected since not in the menu that way. Calamari came w/tempura asparagus and green beans; felt more like a tempura plate than antipasti. Main course, veal was good. Gnocchi was gummy, kept sticking to my teeth. Waiter said, "yeah that's how we cook OUR gnocchi. We prepare it differently." There's no mention of this on the menu or when ordering, so it's not "different" so much as "poorly prepared." No offer to comp it. Didn't offer dessert but that was probably bc my husband got his wallet out. The decor does match at least their food/service: inconsistent and random.Special Features:
- Loved it!VisitorDined on 5/24/2014Everything was melt in your mouth delicious! The atmosphere was a little frantic but that may have been because our waitress was taking care of several large parties around us. But the food was amazing and the bill was surprisingly reasonable. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.....JimmymacVIPDined on 5/24/2014I have said it before but you just can't go wrong at this restaurant. The food, service, and ambience are outstanding. I recently reserved the Chardonnay Room for a party of 21 (my wife's birthday) and I just can't say enough about the food and the service. Everyone at our party remarked very favorably concerning the quality of the food that was served (filet mignon, salmon, chicken and pappardelle). Many people commented on how good the filet mignon was ( I had my favorite-papardelle-always outstanding) so I returned this visit for the filet. It was very good served with a wine reduction on a bed of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I also hasd the arugula insalata. I just am not disapointed at this restaurant and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Philadelphia CoupleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2014Went here at the suggestion of the Napa hotel we were staying at. We were not too hungry so ordered an entre each and a bottle of wine. The wine arrived within a few minutes and the food about a minute later. Our waiter feigned surprise but no one made an effort to correct the situation. We told them to take the food back which no one seemed happy about. We were left wondering what type of food prep allowed for such rapid deployment. Later the waiter explained that they were trying to get us served before a large party to avoid delaying us. The "large party" must have also eaten all the bread in the house because the replenishment of our basket looked like it had just come from the supermarket. Nothing about this place stood out.
- Just ok overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014Was expecting great things based on hotel recommendation. Pineapple martini way too strong, bread and dipping option was wonderful, arugula salad (we split one and that was puente) was also really good. My pasta dinner, their specialty, was better than average, but pasta itself fairly bland. My dining partner had chicken which he really liked. We were supposed to get a free appetizer, but didn't....no offer to exchange out for free dessert or other concession, which was disappointing. Had blackberry/Cabernet sorbet...way overpriced.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful Mother's Day Lunch. Crab cakes were delicious and the Pappardelle was absolutely delightful. Our waiter was great even though he was busy as the bartender he was always there for us. Thank you again we will be back!!Special Features:
- Yum!!Strawberry50Dined on 5/10/2014Girls night out! Had a great server by the name of Alexa! Food was wonderful! Try the warm cabbage salad. Very flavorful! For dessert she surprised us with bread pudding. Never thought I liked bread pudding...I will take there's any day of the week!! Try it out, but make sure to make reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014Allegria is a local favorite. It's typically pretty busy but very attentive. Great bar drinks. My wife loves the veal piccata; she also loves a blood orange martini before wine. All of the pasta dishes are great. Napa Cabbage salad is excellent as is the Cesar. The wine prices are reasonable and consists of local, other California and some imports (nice Italian selection). Dessert - if you can handle the bread pudding, it's outstanding.
- Not SpecialMurdocDined on 5/10/2014Allegria was a restaurant that was recommended very highly to us by some friends. We have eaten there twice now and both times everyone in our party thought it was "just OK". Food was average, service was less than average, noise level was fine and the ambience was OK. If you want something special, this is not the place. If you want average Italian food and a place to get a dinner, this is OK I guess. Probably won't be back for some time. Too many other fine food places in Napa and the Valley to choose from.
- Excellent Service and Fooddj11Dined on 5/10/2014We showed up for an early dinner, and got excellent service. The food is always good at Allegria - I have been there numerous times, and always bring guests when we go wine tasting. The Filet Mignon is exquisite and don't leave without trying the bread pudding (and maybe a little ice cream on the top). Both dishes melt in your mouth, and are so tasty. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any meal at any time. Reservations are always a good idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinenapaDined on 5/9/2014Allegria is always on the mark. We've always had great service and great food. Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- KennysKennySDined on 5/5/2014My wife and I love Allegria. We have been there many times and have told many people to eat there. Everything is good; the food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Not bad, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/3/2014Everything was just ok. Nothing stand out Service was very average and the food was hit and miss. With the rise of more restaurants in Napa Allegria better get its act together or it's going to be gone within 18 monthsSpecial Features:
- LUV2LUNCHLUV2LUNCHDined on 5/3/2014Most times we've eaten at Allegria was for lunch and everyone who serve you is very accommodating & helpful, the food is alway good and the Napa Cabbage is wonderful!!!! We have eaten here often enough to where some of the people serving us, recognize us which is always a nice homey feeling. We recommend Ristorante Allegria for a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!AlexDined on 5/2/2014My wife and I were there for dinner and the food, service and ambiance was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentNannieDined on 4/29/2014My daughter and I had dinner. It was very nice the food and service was way more than we could expect. The food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good servicewyjomoDined on 4/27/2014Had the teriyaki skirt steak and it was delicious. It's a beautiful building, an old bank, remodeled invitingly. Only get a booth if there's just the two of you or you're sitting next to someone with small shoulders. We had a party of four and we all tried each others food. The pastas were the best, homemade and perfectly al dente. Everything was really good. The service was attentive , but not hovering, excellent. With appetizers , a bottle of wine and tip it ended up being about $40 a person, not bad for a really good meal. I would definitely go back and skip the appetizers. The soup and salads looked good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNERgabijenDined on 4/27/2014EVERYTHING WAS VERY NICE. OUR WAITER OMAR VERY ATTENTIVE. HUSBAND ENJOYED HIS LINGUINI. WE WILL BE BACK.Special Features:
- Good RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014We had reservations at 6pm and had to call ahead to say we were running late. I was worried we would lose our table, but they were very accommodating and flexible. We were seated right away when we arrived at 6:30pm. I was very thankful for this. Good service and good food!! Very yummy!! Prices reasonable.Special Features:
- Don't tell anyonejustmyopinionDined on 4/26/2014First time here. 6PM reservation on Saturday night, seated right away. One pet peeve is tiny little tables, and this place had good sized tables so there isn't constant shuffling of plates to make room for something else. We had drinks, nice, crab cakes, very very good, I had the lamb shank, my girlfriend the filet, both very good, cooked to order. Our server, Dacil, was delightful and entertaining. She took great care of us. When asked if everything was ok, I'm always honest and mentioned the polenta was fantastic and I could use a little more and she brought a small side and a little more of the lovely reduction to flavor it all. We brought wine so I didn't really look over the wine list. The bread pudding was awesome.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2014We enjoyed our meal here. The grilled asparagus was perfectly cooked, the pasta dishes were satisfying. Our only disappointment was with the cocktails. We should have chosen from the wine list instead. I don't know if the gelato is made in house, but it was so creamy and delicious. We'll try this restaurant again.Special Features:
- great foodTravelDined on 4/18/2014We enjoyed their food a lot. Very nice environment, my daughter's favorite restaurant at Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Celadon!VegasGirlDined on 4/18/2014The food, ambience & service was awesome! It was a bit noisy, but if you don't mind that, then the overall experience was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemLocalVIPDined on 4/18/2014Allegria is a local favorite for a reason. I often wonder why how two brothers who are not Italian and do not have a "name" chef can turn out such consistently excellent meals. The salmon was perfect and the Portobello mushroom appetizer was exceptional. And the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent in every waySuzyQ525Dined on 4/18/2014I love this restaurant. The service is excellent, the wine list is excellent, and the food is excellent. It's in an old bank building, and has an old-world, solid feel to it. For small parties you can reserve the "vault room" for a unique experience. On our most recent visit I had the POLLO RIPIENO, which was absolutely delicious. The outside of the chicken was golden brown and lightly crunchy, and the meat was moist and juicy. The sauce was incredible. The dip for the bread is very unique and delicious.Special Features:
- Very good.RobertDined on 4/15/2014We had dinner and glass of Red wine. The service and ambience were very good. The Prawn pasta was excellent. We'll definitely come back.Special Features:
- Overall great food and service415DinerDined on 4/12/2014Overall great food and service. Nice atmosphere in a historic building however acoustics were awful and it was so loud that it was hard to have a conversation across the table. We would eat here again because the food and service was so good but maybe better for lunch instead of dinner with the bar scene noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- minnieminnieDined on 4/12/2014The food & service was great, but when I made my reservation i put down that it was my husband's Birthday & no one acknowledged that it was, that was disappointing!I would recommend this to a friend.