1026 First Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteallegria.com/
- Phone: 7072548006x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Friday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chef Cesar Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Experience "Exceptional" Catering. Whether you are planning an intimate dinner or an event, Ristorante Allegria can cater to your next special event. We will travel to the site of your choice for occasions such as Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Meetings and/or Graduations. We offer delicious cuisine, an elegant presentation, reliable and impeccable service and we can even manage all deliveries, set up and clean-up issues. Call Rodi for details at 707.254.8006
- Private Party Facilities: The "Original" VAULT Room (up to 10 people); The Chardonnay Room (up to 26 people); The Bella Room (up to 60 people)
- Private Party Contact: Baris Yildiz 7072548006x
- Entertainment: Enjoy live music Monday and Wednesday Nights with Lou Zanardi on the Accordion.
A word from Ristorante Allegria
Ristorante Allegria features Italian influenced with California Cuisine. In downtown Napa, Ristorante Allegria is located in a historic landmark bank building featuring 35 foot ceilings, a breathtaking ambiance, delicious food, superb service and relaxing Italian music. On the menu, there is chicken, home made pastas, lamb and – the signature Marinated Teriyaki Skirt Steak is not to be missed! Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and Napa Valley selections. With our winning combination of warm and impeccable service, simple yet creative dishes and a passion for detail, Ristorante Allegria is the perfect place for your next dining experience in the Napa ValleyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Allegria reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (58)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (45)great for outdoor dining (42)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (29)hot spot (24)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Our most used spot to eatLUV2LUNCHDined on 7/13/2014I have had a fairly large group retirement dinner/birthday dinner and we go to Allegria for lunch often, we are always pleased with the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobynDined on 7/12/2014Dinner was amazing, service was great. Allegria has it all, full bar and a great menu. My husband and I shared the Calamari, Napa Cabbage Salad, and Prawns with Saffron Paparadelle. Everything, was amazing, and to top it off, we had the bread pudding. The bread pudding, is the best dessert ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian RestaurantCajunfanDined on 7/11/2014The pasta dishes are excellent. The bread pudding is a must. Great service. A romantic spot to enjoy an evening with someone special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A return to greatness againgadabout47VIPDined on 7/11/2014Dinner on Friday was again exceptional. In a very crowded dining area, Max was spot on with his service. Despite a rush for dinner, the kitchen was quick and accurate with great attention to detail. A plus to eveyone.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner...AnniversaryDined on 7/10/2014Lovely, downtown restaurant for indoor or patio dining. Excellent service, warm yet professional service. We enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner here, and they provided lovely Prosecco for after our meal with dessert...very sweet! Will be back again.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Moderately Priced FoodworldofwinesDined on 7/7/2014Although I was not blown away by Allegria, it was quite good. I would recommend trying the grilled portobello with polenta starter and the skirt steak. It is located in a lovely old bank right in the heart of Napa. You may bring your own wine and there is no corkage fee on Monday nights.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring a jacket!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014While the basic areas of food, service, etc. were good, we were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant which had a strong draft of cold air bearing down on us. Not only were WE cold, but the food was cold as well. It was really difficult to enjoy. We told the first waiter early on, but nothing seemed to change. When we told another member of the wait staff, he confirmed that that particular table has a problem with the cold draft. Of course this did little to ease our situation. My husband and I poured through many sites and chose your restaurant based on reviews and hear say. Unfortunately, it did not measure up. The food was pretty good--my veal very good, but my husband's chicken just fair. I don't think we'd revisit.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedSouthernMissDined on 7/7/2014We were all disappointed with our meals. My husband's veal piccata had less than 5 capers and little or no sauce, the mashed potatoes were watery. The capellini pomodoro was dry and tasteless. We have been going to Allegria for years but feel that their quality has really slipped, at least for this last visit.Special Features:
- First time, but will return.love2dineoutDined on 7/7/2014My friend and I dined here for lunch a couple of days ago. We both thought the menu selection was very good, especially the "Box Lunch" selections, which include in addition to the entre', a choice of several salads or soup and the dessert. The price was very reasonable. My only complaints would be that our waitress had a bit of an arrogant attitude. The restaurant is upscale, but certainly not "elite" status. The other complaint is that (and this is certainly not the fault of the restaurant), there is a lot of downtown restoration and renovation going on. Lots of stores are closed and a LOT of construction, both at the shopping plaza and where they are putting in a new hotel, which will be ongoing for at least a couple more years.Special Features:
- Special OccasionSalsera12Dined on 7/6/2014I chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday because I had read excellent reviews regarding the food. I have to say the food lived up to expectations and I was quite happy to have dined there for the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for family gatheringhappydinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014We had a very good family lunch. The restaurant is very romantic and also kids friendly. All the dishes we ordered are great. The cook did great job to accommodate the special needs for our family and made everything very delicious. Our waitress was very friendly and provided us great services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great winevaibhavDined on 7/5/2014Allegria is not a small, cozy place you might have in ind for a holiday in Napa. It is in a huge building which was previously a bank, so you get that feeling when you enter. But the ambiance and lighting is impressive. Service was good and we felt that we were always attended to. They had a huge wine list and the food was great as well. All in all, I would recommend Allegria to anyone visiting Napa, just be sure it's not a small, quaint place you might expect.Special Features:
- Dinner at AllegriaLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Great service and ambiance. Food is good. Overall a very nice choice in Napa at reasonable prices. Well worth a visitSpecial Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent, though we (party of 4 with an 8pm reservation) felt rushed. I'm sure it was the specific server we had, as other parties were there when we arrived and still had their food when we left, after 3 courses. The menu had delicious options, fair prices and generous portions. It would have been a 5 star review had our server allowed us to relax and enjoy the meal and company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceIModicaDined on 7/3/2014The bus boy never let our water glass be empty and the waiter was excellent too. Great food aneasy to get to walking down the main street. Would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014most of the food was flavorless, satay was the highlight of the entire meal. service was good and waiter very friendly. location is very good walkable to all the downtown highlights
- Napa tripOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014Everything was right about this restaurant. Loved the staff and service. Filet was excellent! Server also brought complimentary glasses of champagne to mark a special occasion. Loved the outdoor patio, wish those stepping out of restaurant to make/answer a phone call would recognize that patio diners don't want to be part of their conversation anymore than indoor diners. Thanks for a great experience and reading open table requests. Few restaurants do this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!!weeatoutlotsDined on 6/24/2014Its not often a restaurant is this consistently great, but Ristorante Allegria is! we get to Napa twice per year, and we eat here every time. Every time it is just outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014Overall was a good place to eat. Felt a little more like a fast paced chain restaurant. Food and service was good but felt rushed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very memorable meal!TheHouseLawyerDined on 6/18/2014Had an exceptional meal here. I dine out often and this was a standout dinner. We started with the Allegre sampler of appetizers and forst bite was satay skirt steak. It was magnificent. I can still taste the flavors. The calamari was just crispy enough without being dry. The bruschetta (not usually my fave) was amazingly fresh. The dipping sause and bread were remarkable, we would have bought a32 oz. bottle but our luggage is overweight 8-(. Main course shrimp papardelle was magnificent. A truly memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown lunchLMRONEVIPDined on 6/16/2014Very prompt service at lunch. Enjoyed the ceasar salad with chicken. Everything was quite satisfactory.Special Features:
- AppreciativeTogetherForeEverDined on 6/14/2014When I made the note of making this night special due to my husband & I celebrating our anniversary, they went above my expectations. Seated us in a corner booth, served us complimentary appetizers, then with our dessert they served us complementary glasses of prosecco. We will be returning next year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great culinary experience!RissDined on 6/12/2014We had taken the trolley all day to 4 wineries in Napa. This was our first time in Napa. We found Restorante Allegria on Trip Advisor and on our tour, there were 2 locals who highly recommended it to us. Our server was Kenneth. He took great care of us. We had an appetizer of risotto cakes, which were amazing. We both ordered ravioli, one was special of the day. Ingredients were fresh and showcased local food specialties. The wine list was comprehensive for our tastes and I enjoyed a crisp glass of Pinot Grigio. We did have a reservation on a Thursday night, but this did not appear to be necessary. The ambiance was unique and romantic, a perfect end to a beautiful day in the vineyards ! We will definitely be back when we return :) !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice early dinner with the kids!RexGoliathDined on 6/11/2014Enjoyed an early dinner on vacation with the kids. Quaint little italian place, very accommodating to our allergic son. Pleasant helpful staff. We would go back, and we would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Decent Italian food at a good priceTrupeDined on 6/9/2014The title about sums it up. The good was good and the price was fair. Moderate serving size. The service was fast and the food came out super fast. We almost felt rushed. We literally just sat when bread and water arrived. Our food also came out within five minutes of ordering. I couldn't really tell you about the ambience because we weren't there long enough to notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AllegriafrtcVIPDined on 6/9/2014Restaurant was in a old bank building and had a beautiful interior. Food was very good and service was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014Food was great, have heard always consistent and plenty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Dinner4777aggiDined on 6/5/2014I do not know how this Italian establishment received the excellent marks, because the food was very average and almost tasted as if prepared out of a Cisco truck. The place is loud and cramped where large groups take over the ambiance of your dinner. I had the chicken & pasta & the protein was very dry & poorly seasoned.
- consistently goodlabixbyDined on 6/4/2014Thank you; we visit occasionally as we do not live in Napa It is consistently good and service is with a smile! lbxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal.MiltonboyDined on 5/29/2014Great service, from entering the restaurant, through service, and leaving. Was very noisy, even though there was not a lot of people. Had the sampler and a Caesar salad - after wine tasting all day, we were not too hungry. The only complaint I have is that the piece of bruschetta that I had was overly soggy from the tomato mix that was placed on top. It may gave been sitting too long before bringing to tha table. Nice surprise for my wife was the addition of tempura asparagus that was added. As I don't eat it, she got too have it all - if I was on my own, this would have been a waste. I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianemtnDined on 5/25/2014Make reservations because wait for tables starts early.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Downtown restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 5/25/2014I'm a Napa local, and always enjoy this restaurant. Food is outstanding and the service is great. Bread pudding is to die for. Absolutely love. I work at a local hotel & refer our guests here all the time. Took my mother here for her birthday this weekend and had incredible service. Trevor was our waiter, he was very attentive. When he noticed I didn't finish my meal, he wanted to make sure everything was okay. It was delicious, I was just saving room for dessert. Thank you for great service & always a divine meal.Special Features:
- Random combinations, bad serviceloveportofinoDined on 5/24/2014wouldn't recommend it. Bad service, took 3 visits from the waiter to get water. No refills were ever offered once we got drinks. Got the cabbage salad but it was warm. Unexpected since not in the menu that way. Calamari came w/tempura asparagus and green beans; felt more like a tempura plate than antipasti. Main course, veal was good. Gnocchi was gummy, kept sticking to my teeth. Waiter said, "yeah that's how we cook OUR gnocchi. We prepare it differently." There's no mention of this on the menu or when ordering, so it's not "different" so much as "poorly prepared." No offer to comp it. Didn't offer dessert but that was probably bc my husband got his wallet out. The decor does match at least their food/service: inconsistent and random.Special Features:
- Loved it!VisitorDined on 5/24/2014Everything was melt in your mouth delicious! The atmosphere was a little frantic but that may have been because our waitress was taking care of several large parties around us. But the food was amazing and the bill was surprisingly reasonable. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always.....JimmymacVIPDined on 5/24/2014I have said it before but you just can't go wrong at this restaurant. The food, service, and ambience are outstanding. I recently reserved the Chardonnay Room for a party of 21 (my wife's birthday) and I just can't say enough about the food and the service. Everyone at our party remarked very favorably concerning the quality of the food that was served (filet mignon, salmon, chicken and pappardelle). Many people commented on how good the filet mignon was ( I had my favorite-papardelle-always outstanding) so I returned this visit for the filet. It was very good served with a wine reduction on a bed of mashed potatoes and asparagus. I also hasd the arugula insalata. I just am not disapointed at this restaurant and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1518 reviews are from the Ristorante Allegria reviews archive.
- A Philadelphia CoupleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2014Went here at the suggestion of the Napa hotel we were staying at. We were not too hungry so ordered an entre each and a bottle of wine. The wine arrived within a few minutes and the food about a minute later. Our waiter feigned surprise but no one made an effort to correct the situation. We told them to take the food back which no one seemed happy about. We were left wondering what type of food prep allowed for such rapid deployment. Later the waiter explained that they were trying to get us served before a large party to avoid delaying us. The "large party" must have also eaten all the bread in the house because the replenishment of our basket looked like it had just come from the supermarket. Nothing about this place stood out.
- Just ok overallOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/15/2014Was expecting great things based on hotel recommendation. Pineapple martini way too strong, bread and dipping option was wonderful, arugula salad (we split one and that was puente) was also really good. My pasta dinner, their specialty, was better than average, but pasta itself fairly bland. My dining partner had chicken which he really liked. We were supposed to get a free appetizer, but didn't....no offer to exchange out for free dessert or other concession, which was disappointing. Had blackberry/Cabernet sorbet...way overpriced.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful Mother's Day Lunch. Crab cakes were delicious and the Pappardelle was absolutely delightful. Our waiter was great even though he was busy as the bartender he was always there for us. Thank you again we will be back!!Special Features:
- Yum!!Strawberry50Dined on 5/10/2014Girls night out! Had a great server by the name of Alexa! Food was wonderful! Try the warm cabbage salad. Very flavorful! For dessert she surprised us with bread pudding. Never thought I liked bread pudding...I will take there's any day of the week!! Try it out, but make sure to make reservations!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A local favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/10/2014Allegria is a local favorite. It's typically pretty busy but very attentive. Great bar drinks. My wife loves the veal piccata; she also loves a blood orange martini before wine. All of the pasta dishes are great. Napa Cabbage salad is excellent as is the Cesar. The wine prices are reasonable and consists of local, other California and some imports (nice Italian selection). Dessert - if you can handle the bread pudding, it's outstanding.