Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
21 North St.
Medfield, MA 02052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zebrasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5083594100x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: Bar opens at 4:30pm, Dining Room opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Pelley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Zebra's "sister company" is Perfect Pear Catering. As a premium boutique
caterer, Perfect Pear Catering works with their clients to plan every detail
of their event, from the menu to the table setting, and beyond. Our goal is
to exceed your expectations and wow your guests, whether it’s a wedding for
250 or a small summer outing for 25 held at your home. Peruse our on-line
menu selections at www.PerfectPearCatering.com as a starting point in
designing your event and then let us customize a perfect event for you and
- Private Party Facilities: Make Zebra's your own, or have our "sister" catering companey, Perfect Pear Catering help you celebrate at another venue!
Whether you want the perfect weding, to entertain importanct clients, or a baby shower brunch with family and friends we will make you the perfect host.
Call Judy for details (508)359-4406
- Private Party Contact: Judy Beck 5083594406x
- Cross Street: Rt. 109
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Although most guest find it easier to park on the street in front of the restaurant (on North St.), Zebra’s Bistro also has a parking lot in the back and a few spots on the side of the restaurant both accessible from Jane’s Ave (off of Main St – Rte 109)
A word from Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
Zebra's Bistro is "one of the best dining experiences in Metro West", and some say best in Boston and beyond. For two years in a row Zebra's has been awarded both Boston's Best Seafood and Boston's Best Group Dining by Citysearch.com. This delightful upscale-casual bistro first welcomes you into the warm comfortable glow of the wine bar, not only offering one of "Boston's Best Wine Lists", but also a full bar. Move into the dining room or onto the patio and you are sure to be impressed with the innovative "New American" menu, charcuterie, raw bar and local cheese. Zebra's was awarded Boston Magazine's "Best New Restaurant" upon opening and has also been featured on ABC's Chronicle and Fox TV. Zebra's is the proud winner of the B.I.R.A Platinum Plate Award for "Best Upscale Dining" in North America. And has an "Excellent" rating from Zagat restaurant guide which said, "If it were in Boston or Cambridge it would be the new hot spot-but most insist its worth the trip from anywhere."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Medfield ›
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (93)neighborhood gem (89)special occasion (79)notable wine list (55)romantic (53)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- First-rate Fare!CallistoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Another great dining experience at Zebra's - both my husband and my entrees were excellently conceived and prepared. ( My husband had the trout and I had the albacore.) Congratulations on the development of your offerings!
- Chef's Whim Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014We recently had chance to dine at several of the area's nicer restaurants for various special family occasionsbut managed a quiet night out to Zebras on our own. We have been to Zebras before but the difference was overwhelming compare d to our other recent dining experiences. We had the Chef's menu with wine pairings and it was outstanding. As an added bonus we were given different plays for some of the courses allowing us to enjoy even more plates, together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stars for Zebra's stripes!CallistoVIPDined on 2/28/2014A wonderful meal at Zebra's in celebration of my husband's birthday. The entrees (swordfish and short ribs special) were creatively and deliciously prepared with all accompanying components contributing harmoniously. (Presentation was beautiful, too!) Our reservation was well-handled and we were taken care of graciously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to have nearbyCriticaldinerVIPDined on 2/23/2014Food always consistently good. Service excellent. Sometimes large parties can be very loud if nearby, so request away from big tables.Special Features:
- Belated Valentine's DayDinnerDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I had seen the vignette on Phantom Gourmet and went to try it out. Our server Teresa could not have been more engaging, knowledgeable and energetic. She was busy but made time to come by at each stage of the meal to see how we were doing. The food was simply amazing, my wife called her dish "life changing chicken" and the pasta dish I had did not disappoint. The endive amuse-bouche was a nice starter. The mussels were also outstanding, and we appreciated the owner spending a few minutes with us to discuss our experience. We can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Local GemDennisDined on 2/22/2014Food and service are first rate. It has only gotten better over the years, the menu changes frequently So it's one reason to keep returning, just to try the new items. Being 5 minutes away from home is just one reason we keep going back. I would drive a long way, to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgdubbsDined on 2/17/2014We've been here a half dozen times and again we had a great experience and terrific food. The menu didn't have the Asian influence we'd been used to, but it did have great choices in seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Fabulous!MamaCatDined on 2/16/2014Our meal was superb and the service was outstanding. The menu is wonderful, with plenty of "traditional" choices but also lots to tempt the adventurous diner; I had bone marrow, and it was INCREDIBLE. I want to especially note how child-friendly the staff was; we had our 4-year-old with us, and the children's selections--presented in a Bento box--were a huge hit with him. We will absolutely be eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTommysteakDined on 2/15/2014The food is exceptional, a fantastic selection with nice variety. The falafels are outstanding. Everything we had just left us wanting moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Adequate ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014The food was very good, the highlight of the meal was definitely the steak tartare but the filet mignon and rack of lamb were both very good as well. Desert was good, but not extraordinary. Service was less than what I would've expected given the price range of entrees. While the service was not bad, our server always seemed rushed and uncomfortable. Our orders were all correct and we were not left waiting for anything, but there was no personal touch and minimal interaction. I would recommend this place for anyone looking to have a pleasant experience over wine and cheese (the cheese plates are very good) or friends looking to try something new. Despite the excellent food, I would avoid Zebra's for a romantic date or business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing culinary experiencePumpkineater76Dined on 2/14/2014I was very pleased with the special Valentine's Day menu. The steak was prepared perfectly. While the restaurant ran out of mashed potatoes, the truffle fries were an excellent replacement. The only negative is that the wine glasses were poured rather stingy. Overall a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From A to ZebraKar19VIPDined on 2/12/2014Amazing restaurant. Fresh choices with reliable quality and friendly, attentive service. Can't say enough good things about this spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJetsonVIPDined on 2/12/2014What a great find! Excellent food and excellent services. Great menu choices and great wines. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/9/20142nd time to Zebras since new Kitchen / focus. Food is very good, and the environment is pleasant. Both visits were excruciatingly long. Once on a very busy weeknight, once on a half filled Sunday evening. Wonder if this is by design??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotHktdoverDined on 2/8/2014Always delicious fresh food and drinks. A gem close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014Really love this place. We always have a good meal here. Our waiter was not as good as others we have had in the past but overall our visit was great. I am gluten free and I love that they offer a gluten free menu and the chef there always has several options for me (even dessert). Decor is nice and it's never too loud which is always a bonus. Great place: give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York qualityQuinobequinDined on 2/8/2014We have never had a bad experience at Zebra 's - excellent creative menu. Our server at our most recent visit was supremely professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Very good food! I found a good bottle of Italian wine (at a value for cafe purchase), with an ambience that is warm and inviting on a frigid winter's night.Special Features:
- Great Night OutElwoodDined on 2/1/2014We met some good friends at Zebra's and the food and conversation were absolutely wonderful. We had a lovely time and would return in a heartbeat. We've been to Zebra's many times and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved over the yearsBullyDined on 1/29/2014From the Amuse to the Oysters, Salad and Entrees, just a really well prepared well served meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra's is a great choice!jsandVIPDined on 1/28/2014Had dinner with a friend- quiet ambiance conducive to getting caught up. We shared 2 charcuterie/1 cheese platter, served with crisp bread, pickled veggies and a jam. The Roquefort was creamy and intense, as I like it, but the duck rillette was not as full-flavored as I had expected and the pork pâté was a tiny bit dry. My friend seemed to particularly enjoy the mussels she ordered and I LOVED the frisée aux lardons with an absolutely perfectly cooked egg and the vinaigrette paired well with the salad, not overwhelming as is often the case (elsewhere). Our server was attentive and helpful. Next time I'll try one of the main courses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly What was Called For!Danke2uDined on 1/27/2014Thanks for making a cold winter evening a bit warmer with your hospitality and great food to fit every palate. GabySpecial Features:
- It keeps getting better!!EatallthefoodsDined on 1/26/2014We had lots of small plates which were creative and modern takes on bistro classics. Very delicious and clearly executed by a professional and serious kitchen. Our server, Teresa, was attentive, knowledgable and friendly. I can't wait to dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous CharcuterieDeanDined on 1/11/2014Had a fabulous dinner here on Sat night. The Charcuterie never disappoints and the specials of the evening were delicious. As always, the service was superb.Special Features:
- Terrific!KennVIPDined on 1/10/2014Truly one of the more notable restaurants this far west of Boston. Well worth the visit. I shall definitely return when I am in the area. Eclectic and unusually atypical menu requiring true professionals to get to done right (which occurs each time I visit.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to Zebra's for a friend'sbketDined on 1/5/2014We went to Zebra's for a friend's 50th birthday on a Sunday night. The restaurant was fairly quiet and we were given a table in a side room, all to ourselves. Our waiter was excellent; attentive, helpful, charming. He really added to the experience. The cheese plate appetizer that we selected was so beautifully presented and quite delicious. We all enjoyed our meals. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice. Service was promptOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/5/2014Very nice. Service was prompt but not obtrusive. Cuisine was very nice and the amuse bouche was tasty. Portions were larger than expected. Very nice wine list; however the vintage brought to us was not what was on the list. It was a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc and they brought the 2012, not the 2011 on the list. I let it slide but I would have expected more from an Award of Excellence winner from the Wine Spectator. The wine was very nice, though.Special Features:
- Good but very expensiveFranklinDinerDined on 1/4/2014We arrived at Zebra's on a very cold evening and were greeted by a warm atmosphere and friendly staff. The food was good with the steak getting the highest review from our group. We were very surprised when the check came as it was over the top. If we return to Zebra's, we will do so for light fare at the bar.Special Features:
- Zebra's is expensive but hasLocalVisitorDined on 1/3/2014Zebra's is expensive but has great atmosphere and good food. They always have some unique food choices. Dessert is fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat for New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I've been to Zebra's before, but this was the first time I made reservations for New Year's Eve. The pre fixe menu had a number of great options to choose from. The lobster risotto was fantastic, the homemade ravioli was delicate and very tasty and the sticky toffee pudding was a wonderful way to wrap up the meal. Our server was very friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions (the staff is always fantastic). It was a great way to spend New Year's close to home. I'd definitely do it again and recommend it to anyone looking for a nice dining experience on New Years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Advertisedtombrady12Dined on 12/31/2013Food prepared for NYE was very good. Service was perfect. I would recommend this restaurant. This restaurant moved to our "A" list.Special Features:
- wonderful, interesting NewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013wonderful, interesting New Year's Eve selections - well prepared and beautifully presented. Packed house provided "energy" without overbearing noise. Terrific service. Wine-by-glass selection could be better.Special Features:
- New Yearsrjr134Dined on 12/31/2013Not always do you find a restaurant that can offer, great food and great service on a holiday - but Zebra's did just that...we had great selections to choose from from their pre-set 3 course menu, the service was great..they did an amazing job...we will be going back again next year for sure!!Special Features:
- Date night while visiting familyDatenightgonewellDined on 12/30/2013The service was slow, the food was mediocre. The drinks and the charcuterie were the best part of the meal, and really, this place might be worth going to for a pre-event drinks and apps stop. This may be one of the nicer places to eat in Medfield, but I suggest driving a bit to get a better meal somewhere else. The table we sat at was too small for the menus and made for an awkward eating and dining experience.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2013Better and better every time with the new chef, Brendan Pelley, on board. What a gem better than Boston without the hastle of city dinning. Really no joke give this place a try, homemade everything including to die for pastas. Staff kind and knowledgeable. Fun cocktail menu too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Dined here recently with family. Zebras never disappoints and serves consistently great food! Server was terrific also. It's nice to have a great restaurant option away from Boston.Special Features:
- This has been a favorite restaurantEdithDined on 12/22/2013This has been a favorite restaurant of mine for some years but it had been some time since I had last eaten there. Zebras did not disappoint. The food and drinks were terrific and our waitress, Jennifer, was lovely, kind, and thoughtful. knowledgeable and thoughtful. I look forward to another return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A love neighborhood restaurantMargiLeeDined on 12/16/2013The service was fantasic and so was the food. A nice gem in the middle of Medfield, MASpecial Features:
- Zebra's charmMarmiDined on 12/7/2013We had a marvelous and delicious meal. Wait staff are attentive and knowledgeable. It's a treat to eat at Zebras. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional serviceMegCDined on 11/29/2013This is a lovely, comfortable restaurant with great food. What stood out to me was the friendly and exceptional service from the entire staff. I would definitely go again and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.